Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:49:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AURORACOIN - Empowering Financial Freedom  (Read 138024 times)
Porte

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 12:17:45 PM

This is what I like about Aurora coin now its going  up steadily without pump, naturally going up to success

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 05:43:38 PM

Getting close to 50% of the daily volume on ISX. http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/auroracoin/#markets

It's picking up nicely.

I think it will dwarf the volume on bittrex soon.

How do I become a citizen of Iceland? ;-)

Here you go molecular

http://utl.is/index.php/en/icelandic-citizenship

So, you have to live in icland for 7 years and right after that you can start to trade on isx.is!)
dinobotta

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 09:16:14 PM

Getting close to 50% of the daily volume on ISX. http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/auroracoin/#markets

It's picking up nicely.

Here you go molecular

So, you have to live in icland for 7 years and right after that you can start to trade on isx.is!)

You can also just come here in 1-2 years and have money to spend! How about paying for your hotel, flight, and all restaurants in 2 years with Auroracoin.

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 10:35:07 PM

It's picking up nicely.

Here you go molecular

You can also just come here in 1-2 years and have money to spend! How about paying for your hotel, flight, and all restaurants in 2 years with Auroracoin.

That sounds like a very good way to use AUR and to get more of it circulating in the Icelandic economy.

Probably some other spin offs too, such as a possible increase in tourism and other/additional money spent.
AllLivesMatter

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 06:06:06 AM

It's picking up nicely.

Here you go molecular

That sounds like a very good way to use AUR and to get more of it circulating in the Icelandic economy.

Probably some other spin offs too, such as a possible increase in tourism and other/additional money spent.

Buldar should go visit Iceland and spend AUR.
AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 08:54:46 AM

It's picking up nicely.

Here you go molecular

The important thing is to get AUR circulating in the Icelandic economy. If the Icelanders use it, then tourists can use it. Then it can be accepted for exports, and finally might be accepted for imports. High volume on the ISX might not really be the best indicator of AUR being used without exchanging it for ISK.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
Skarfur

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 11:25:10 AM

It's picking up nicely.

Here you go molecular

The important thing is to get AUR circulating in the Icelandic economy. If the Icelanders use it, then tourists can use it. Then it can be accepted for exports, and finally might be accepted for imports. High volume on the ISX might not really be the best indicator of AUR being used without exchanging it for ISK.

I agree on that. Take Bitcoin for example, it has decent volume but it's estimated that only about 5% of that volume is caused by real business transactions. The other 95% is just market trading/speculation and a gateway for other cryptocurrencies. So clearly volume is a poor indicator if a currency being used or not.

However a good supply on ISX and a decent volume would be more likely to stabilise the price which is a big factor. It's important that people can safely assume AUR has a certain value in their daily use. While AUR is volatile it creates uncertainty and makes it more difficult to use. So for that reason good volume and supply would help.
adamastor

Activity: 403

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 11:51:00 AM

You guys are forgetting about big bitcoin mines that are based in iceland. 5 percent of bitcoin is mined in iceland by big companies like genesis mining. These companies are going to play a big role soon because they can produce bitcoin cheaply and then buy auroracoin really cheaply on bittrex selling for higher price on isx.is.  these mining companies have at least one billion dollars of bitcoin to trade this way.
AllLivesMatter

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 06:04:17 PM

You guys are forgetting about big bitcoin mines that are based in iceland. 5 percent of bitcoin is mined in iceland by big companies like genesis mining. These companies are going to play a big role soon because they can produce bitcoin cheaply and then buy auroracoin really cheaply on bittrex selling for higher price on isx.is.  these mining companies have at least one billion dollars of bitcoin to trade this way.

It's only legal to mine bitcoin in Iceland but not to buy bitcoin and send it out the country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIbven5JVyI
AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 06:18:55 PM

I agree on that. Take Bitcoin for example, it has decent volume but it's estimated that only about 5% of that volume is caused by real business transactions. The other 95% is just market trading/speculation and a gateway for other cryptocurrencies. So clearly volume is a poor indicator if a currency being used or not.

However a good supply on ISX and a decent volume would be more likely to stabilise the price which is a big factor. It's important that people can safely assume AUR has a certain value in their daily use. While AUR is volatile it creates uncertainty and makes it more difficult to use. So for that reason good volume and supply would help.

Price stability against what? ISK? BTC? USD? The price of houses? The only price stability anyone is going to get is when they think and live in terms of AUR.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 07:19:11 PM

It's only legal to mine bitcoin in Iceland but not to buy bitcoin and send it out the country.

Noone in Iceland is buying any bitcoin in this scenario.

Is it 'legal' to send mined bitcoin outside of the country. I would say: probably yes.

In that case I'd say adamastor has a great point and Icelandic miners a good way to improve their revenue given buying pressure on ISX.

Of course they could also just mine AUR directly.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
adamastor

Activity: 403

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 10:43:12 AM

This is an old article from business insider:

http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-iceland-pool-2013-12
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 12:02:05 PM

Price stability against what? ISK? BTC? USD? The price of houses? The only price stability anyone is going to get is when they think and live in terms of AUR.

Well he refer to price of things.  Purchase value.  If a business sell of coffee for 0.1 AUR, but the day after he have to sell for 0.2 AuR, or 0.01 AUR, it is not ideal !  The path will be long and many challenge to be faced.  I like challenges !
AlmondMilk

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 01:12:41 PM

Well he refer to price of things.  Purchase value.  If a business sell of coffee for 0.1 AUR, but the day after he have to sell for 0.2 AuR, or 0.01 AUR, it is not ideal !  The path will be long and many challenge to be faced.  I like challenges !

Businesses can have instant exchange model in place, so customer buys coffee for 300ISK with current equivalent 7 AUR then business processes payment instantly through exchange for 300ISK this ensures his profit & increases exchange volume. As more businesses accept & transact in AUR demand rises & supply becomes primary factor in price. 
god.aur

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 03:38:10 PM

Businesses can have instant exchange model in place, so customer buys coffee for 300ISK with current equivalent 7 AUR then business processes payment instantly through exchange for 300ISK this ensures his profit & increases exchange volume. As more businesses accept & transact in AUR demand rises & supply becomes primary factor in price. 

The key problem for merchants is market depth and price stability when they have revenues in AUR but costs in ISK. Going forward, there will be a role for a mediator (a factoring company of sorts) to provide a guaranteed and relatively stable exchange rate to merchants who don't want the risk or hassle of selling the AUR themselves.

The business model of the factoring company is of course to profit on the price difference. Clearing vis-a-vis merchants will be done off-market, possibly with the aid of private equity / dark pool investors, with AUR funds fed back into the market in a controlled manner to recover the ISK at a profit.

A final solution is of course to identify cases where merchants can have both their revenues and expenses in AUR. Low-hanging fruit for AUR business development are used-goods exchanges, companies with high-margin but non-core products and/or niche and novelty marketing needs – especially if can pay part of their salaries in AUR.
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 03:39:12 PM

TV interview is saturday right ?  I would suggest someone record - add subtitle and share on youtube. 

Is it an important TV channel and at what time?

Was the TV interview done on Saturday? Can you make it youtube pls

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
Goatmilk

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 05:17:27 PM

The key problem for merchants is market depth and price stability when they have revenues in AUR but costs in ISK. Going forward, there will be a role for a mediator (a factoring company of sorts) to provide a guaranteed and relatively stable exchange rate to merchants who don't want the risk or hassle of selling the AUR themselves.

The business model of the factoring company is of course to profit on the price difference. Clearing vis-a-vis merchants will be done off-market, possibly with the aid of private equity / dark pool investors, with AUR funds fed back into the market in a controlled manner to recover the ISK at a profit.

A final solution is of course to identify cases where merchants can have both their revenues and expenses in AUR. Low-hanging fruit for AUR business development are used-goods exchanges, companies with high-margin but non-core products and/or niche and novelty marketing needs – especially if can pay part of their salaries in AUR.

Price stability will come. No doubt and that will come with all businesses in Iceland accepting AUR directly.
Icebucket

Activity: 409

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 10:14:46 PM

Isnt 1% ISX service fee abit much, So If I want to sell 1000 Aur I need to pay 10 Aur to do that, or is it only for withdrawals Huh

“Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”
― Gautama Buddha
Skarfur

Activity: 258

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 11:21:22 PM

Isnt 1% ISX service fee abit much, So If I want to sell 1000 Aur I need to pay 10 Aur to do that, or is it only for withdrawals Huh

The 1% is the trade fee. There is now withdrawal fee.

The reason for the high fee is the high cost to run the exchange. It requires quite a lot of servers behind it for redundancy and security and for obvious reasons we are hosting the exchange in Iceland and server resources here are quite expensive.

We plan to lower the fees and create fee levels when the exchange starts to make enough to cover basic costs.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 12:31:24 AM

crypto users are spoiled, a typical stock exchange like Scott trade or Etrade will take several dollars just for ONE trade and usually require a minimum deposit of $500-$2000 just to start.

I actually think if fees were higher across crypto exchanges we'd see values rise across the board and stabilize for most coins because there'd be less incentive for small-fry pump and dump groups to operate
and people would be more reluctant to constantly dump their coins everytime they see another opportunity to make a quick buck.
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: