Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:52:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790357 times)
synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 11:38:21 PM

Let me pose a question that doesn't seem to be mentioned much.  Why have we generally moved on from CPU mining? I get that GPUs are better at hashing out information, but there has to be a way to bring back CPU mining again.  Everyone has a CPU, less people have a GPU. If we really want to decentralize we need to make sure everyone can get a crack at this.  

So u see, bro u got the answer, see which part of ur post is emboldened. GPUs are faster and less prone to chip overheat than CPUs. Note, u have to get a standalone cooling kit for ur CPU if it is assumed to run 24/7 throughout 10 moon cycles and not allowed to rest even when u wank off ur cucumber, laying in a comfy bed of ur dad. GPUs aint as demanding as CPUs are, u can get a GPU of ur choice which comes with standalone cooling system made by asscheeked asus or affiliate brands. If u have where to live, u can heat that place with an average aftermarket GPU while CPU can only heat ur underarms. Do u get me? GPU transistors come cheaper than cpu stamps. GPUs are cheaper than CPUs, fact which is known to every penis out there. Why the hell do u ask?
njs811

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 11:48:22 PM

Let me pose a question that doesn't seem to be mentioned much.  Why have we generally moved on from CPU mining? I get that GPUs are better at hashing out information, but there has to be a way to bring back CPU mining again.  Everyone has a CPU, less people have a GPU. If we really want to decentralize we need to make sure everyone can get a crack at this.  

So u see, bro u got the answer, see which part of ur post is emboldened. GPUs are faster and less prone to chip overheat than CPUs. Note, u have to get a standalone cooling kit for ur CPU if it is assumed to run 24/7 throughout 10 moon cycles and not allowed to rest even when u wank off ur cucumber, laying in a comfy bed of ur dad. GPUs aint as demanding as CPUs are, u can get a GPU of ur choice which comes with standalone cooling system made by asscheeked asus or affiliate brands. If u have where to live, u can heat that place with an average aftermarket GPU while CPU can only heat ur underarms. Do u get me? GPU transistors come cheaper than cpu stamps. GPUs are cheaper than CPUs, fact which is known to every penis out there. Why the hell do u ask?

I was under the impression that decentralizing was the goal, not maxing out profits.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 11:52:46 PM

The mining approach taken by SPR is a good one. Private keys being at risk when using pools is a neat idea.

As we've seen, it makes no difference. The only thing that increases mining is the price of SPR.

With SPR, decentralisation is therefore a factor of price.
Nikolaj

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 01:03:46 PM

Here we go again, another accumulation coming  Wink
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 04:57:09 PM

I keep telling everyone that Bitcoin it a British invention,

Bitcoin is a masonic invention ; this is one of the steps before the RFID.

What are you on about?

RFID chips?

I was reading somewhere that they were developing a chip that could be put in your rectum and it would turn you into a mason. Maybe you'd be interested.

apparently, the dominate-douche has some bizarre obsession with masons.
like you, no frakking idea wtf the twat is on about.

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 09:01:41 PM

Coins, I will be delayed by a few days on the editing of the whitepaper. There are too many "decentralised" words to be fixed and my find and replace tool isn't working. Tongue

In all seriousness, it is longer than I anticipated and I want to do a good job ensuring that it is ready for the public.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 10:06:24 PM

Coins, I will be delayed by a few days on the editing of the whitepaper. There are too many "decentralised" words to be fixed and my find and replace tool isn't working. Tongue

In all seriousness, it is longer than I anticipated and I want to do a good job ensuring that it is ready for the public.

I did say I hadn't had time to do a full check on typos, etc?

So what's the first impression? Does it make sense?
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 10:55:13 AM

There is a serious lack of productive discussion and way too much blind cheerleading from people who should (and probably do) know better on this thread.

Georgem has made it clear that he doesn't give a shit about working as part of a community. He wants everybody to support him blindly and will give virtually nothing in return.  If that bothers you, its not going to change. Believe me, quite a few people have tried to provide support where it is needed and it isn't welcome.

I'm actually certain he will deliver in time but the question is has anybody ever delivered something good by isolating himself and refusing to work as a team? Georgem by his own admission is self teaching and learning as he goes.  There is nothing wrong with that.  I just feel that over a year is too long to be asking for blind support with nothing in return and no willingness to tap into the wealth of experience in the Spreadcoin community.

Coins101 is one of the very best in crypto at what he does.  His ideas are right up there with some of the biggest names in the industry.  What worries me is that there seems to be a big gap between what Coins101 wants to do and what Georgem is doing. Talk of the whitepaper is great, but who is to say that it will be delivered here?

I'm going to put myself at risk of ridicule by making a prediction.  By the time Georgem has mastered Spreadcoin and started work on Coins101's whitepaper, other projects will have moved on to the next generation of blockchain technology rendering Spreadcoin dead in the water.  Never lose sight of the fact that blockchain, as we know it, is like the internet in the mid 90s. World changing but clunky, cumbersome and ultimately not fulfilling its potential. Real innovation is happening out there.

I look forward to finding out whether the above paragraph will be quoted in the future to ridicule me or congratulate me on my prediction.
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 03:55:18 PM

It took all of my energy to not carry forth with fixing all of your Britspellings, but I made it through. I sent it back to you with some of my edits.  Grin

It all made sense to me. I definitely understood it better than when you were discussing it here in the forums. I was a bit skeptical when you were discussing it here - skeptical in regards to people / businesses actually paying for the service. Now that I understand the uses better I think it is a really great idea & Service Nodes would have one more means of producing income. I am obviously highly interested in seeing it implemented.

P.S. minerpage says:
"Can someone help transfer coins101 in here from bitcointalk? Or at least duplicate the postings in here also. I consider this forum the clean home of SPR, without terrorist sympathizers Smiley

I'm interested in contributing feedback to his whitepaper."

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 04:09:54 PM

It took all of my energy to not carry forth with fixing all of your Britspellings, but I made it through. I sent it back to you with some of my edits.  Grin

It all made sense to me. I definitely understood it better than when you were discussing it here in the forums. I was a bit skeptical when you were discussing it here - skeptical in regards to people / businesses actually paying for the service. Now that I understand the uses better I think it is a really great idea & Service Nodes would have one more means of producing income. I am obviously highly interested in seeing it implemented.

P.S. minerpage says:
"Can someone help transfer coins101 in here from bitcointalk? Or at least duplicate the postings in here also. I consider this forum the clean home of SPR, without terrorist sympathizers Smiley

Well done for doing that - thanks!

I'm sure we can ask around to get an English > American translation bounty together  Tongue
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 04:22:37 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2016, 04:33:21 PM by rhinomonkey

There is a serious lack of productive discussion and way too much blind cheerleading from people who should (and probably do) know better on this thread.

Georgem has made it clear that he doesn't give a shit about working as part of a community. He wants everybody to support him blindly and will give virtually nothing in return.  If that bothers you, its not going to change. Believe me, quite a few people have tried to provide support where it is needed and it isn't welcome.

I'm actually certain he will deliver in time but the question is has anybody ever delivered something good by isolating himself and refusing to work as a team? Georgem by his own admission is self teaching and learning as he goes.  There is nothing wrong with that.  I just feel that over a year is too long to be asking for blind support with nothing in return and no willingness to tap into the wealth of experience in the Spreadcoin community.

Coins101 is one of the very best in crypto at what he does.  His ideas are right up there with some of the biggest names in the industry.  What worries me is that there seems to be a big gap between what Coins101 wants to do and what Georgem is doing. Talk of the whitepaper is great, but who is to say that it will be delivered here?

I'm going to put myself at risk of ridicule by making a prediction.  By the time Georgem has mastered Spreadcoin and started work on Coins101's whitepaper, other projects will have moved on to the next generation of blockchain technology rendering Spreadcoin dead in the water.  Never lose sight of the fact that blockchain, as we know it, is like the internet in the mid 90s. World changing but clunky, cumbersome and ultimately not fulfilling its potential. Real innovation is happening out there.

I look forward to finding out whether the above paragraph will be quoted in the future to ridicule me or congratulate me on my prediction.

For context to the post, Stone left due to disagreements with Georgem's practices as a dev (issues with communication). He is now working on another project called Crowncoin which from the brief bits I've read is hoping to solve Bitcoin's blocksize issue. This is what he alludes to when saying 'next generation of blockchain technology'. I'm assuming he is fairly confident in the developments in that project, and that they will beat Spreadcoin to solving Bitcoin's problem with blocksize / transaction limit. Not through incentivizing nodes mind you, but by just reducing the size of the blockchain? I can only really speculate as to what they are working on because I don't know exactly what it is.

Georgem has made it clear that he doesn't give a shit about working as part of a community. He wants everybody to support him blindly and will give virtually nothing in return.  If that bothers you, its not going to change.

I still think that Georgem is taking steps in the right direction with his community engagement. I'm not sure if you have seen what he posted in Spreadcointalk but here it is from (http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762.msg4101#msg4101):

hm, BTC is down for me at the moment.
Reminds me why it's good to have your own forum.  Cool

So, I wanted to say something about the "patronage" funding I brought up earlier.
It should be the best way to incentivize a regular steady financial support for the developers of spreadcoin (currently only me), without the need to do the scammy things many other devs/communities have been doing in the altcoin sphere. (ICO, instamine, taxing miners, and other crap etc...)

here is an idea how "patronage" could look like:

1) 20$ (or equivalent in crypto) and you will receive regular closed source preview versions to test on your computer. (I deploy for win, mac and linux simultaneously)
I want to keep this cheap so that many people will be capable to post feedback/screenshots/videos about their testing.
First goal will be to release a new test-version every week.

2) 100$. All of the above and: I will permantly put your Name/Pseudonym in the "About" section (and READMEs, etc) of the wallet as supporter. Highest donators listed first.

3) 200$. All of the above and: I will favor your input regarding wallet-features more (within reason), but we will have to see how we can sync your desires with everybody else's. No extravaganza.

3) 500$. All of the above and: It doesn't matter if your wishes are extravangant anymore (within reason), I will basically maintain a "fork" of the wallet to satisfy your own special "kink".  Cool

4) 1000$. All of the above and: You will receive the preview-versions with sourcecode. I maintain full ownership of the code, until the day we release a first public beta version. From then on the license will be fully free and open source like bitcoin. (MIT license)

5) XXX$ I will invent new levels as we progress.

(All donations will be cummulative, meaning I will keep track about all the donations you make and sum them up. Those donations are not monthly or anything. Just you donating more and more will add to your pile and release new benefits. )

BTW, what I describe here is for the spreadwallet only.
As the other project (the spreadminer) progresses I will start a similar separate "patronage" scheme for it too. (More about it later this month)

This way people will be able to donate towards whatever project they find more "important" / "pressing" at the moment.

What do you say, guys?

If you ever wanted to create the wallet you always dreamed about.... here's the opportunity to do so!

I have highlighted in bold what I think can be a framework for the community to have more of a voice. I was discussing the issue of communication and transparency a few posts back - maybe you saw. Essentially, I think the Patreon can be used by the community to negotiate with Georgem over communication. You are right that he might not 'naturally' be inclined to post about more 'feelings' issues. But if the community finds a problem with some aspect of development (whether that be communication, transparency, or that Georgem doesn't post enough photos of hamsters) to be important enough, then they can donate under the condition that the issue will be addressed. I think it could work.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 06:22:46 PM

Coins101 is one of the very best in crypto at what he does.  His ideas are right up there with some of the biggest names in the industry.

As they say around these parts, *Cough*  Tongue
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 08:23:18 PM

For context to the post, Stone left due to disagreements with Georgem's practices as a dev (issues with communication). He is now working on another project called Crowncoin which from the brief bits I've read is hoping to solve Bitcoin's blocksize issue. This is what he alludes to when saying 'next generation of blockchain technology'. I'm assuming he is fairly confident in the developments in that project, and that they will beat Spreadcoin to solving Bitcoin's problem with blocksize / transaction limit. Not through incentivizing nodes mind you, but by just reducing the size of the blockchain? I can only really speculate as to what they are working on because I don't know exactly what it is.

Georgem has made it clear that he doesn't give a shit about working as part of a community. He wants everybody to support him blindly and will give virtually nothing in return.  If that bothers you, its not going to change.

I still think that Georgem is taking steps in the right direction with his community engagement. I'm not sure if you have seen what he posted in Spreadcointalk but here it is from (http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762.msg4101#msg4101):

hm, BTC is down for me at the moment.
Reminds me why it's good to have your own forum.  Cool

So, I wanted to say something about the "patronage" funding I brought up earlier.
It should be the best way to incentivize a regular steady financial support for the developers of spreadcoin (currently only me), without the need to do the scammy things many other devs/communities have been doing in the altcoin sphere. (ICO, instamine, taxing miners, and other crap etc...)

here is an idea how "patronage" could look like:

1) 20$ (or equivalent in crypto) and you will receive regular closed source preview versions to test on your computer. (I deploy for win, mac and linux simultaneously)
I want to keep this cheap so that many people will be capable to post feedback/screenshots/videos about their testing.
First goal will be to release a new test-version every week.

2) 100$. All of the above and: I will permantly put your Name/Pseudonym in the "About" section (and READMEs, etc) of the wallet as supporter. Highest donators listed first.

3) 200$. All of the above and: I will favor your input regarding wallet-features more (within reason), but we will have to see how we can sync your desires with everybody else's. No extravaganza.

3) 500$. All of the above and: It doesn't matter if your wishes are extravangant anymore (within reason), I will basically maintain a "fork" of the wallet to satisfy your own special "kink".  Cool

4) 1000$. All of the above and: You will receive the preview-versions with sourcecode. I maintain full ownership of the code, until the day we release a first public beta version. From then on the license will be fully free and open source like bitcoin. (MIT license)

5) XXX$ I will invent new levels as we progress.

(All donations will be cummulative, meaning I will keep track about all the donations you make and sum them up. Those donations are not monthly or anything. Just you donating more and more will add to your pile and release new benefits. )

BTW, what I describe here is for the spreadwallet only.
As the other project (the spreadminer) progresses I will start a similar separate "patronage" scheme for it too. (More about it later this month)

This way people will be able to donate towards whatever project they find more "important" / "pressing" at the moment.

What do you say, guys?

If you ever wanted to create the wallet you always dreamed about.... here's the opportunity to do so!

I have highlighted in bold what I think can be a framework for the community to have more of a voice. I was discussing the issue of communication and transparency a few posts back - maybe you saw. Essentially, I think the Patreon can be used by the community to negotiate with Georgem over communication. You are right that he might not 'naturally' be inclined to post about more 'feelings' issues. But if the community finds a problem with some aspect of development (whether that be communication, transparency, or that Georgem doesn't post enough photos of hamsters) to be important enough, then they can donate under the condition that the issue will be addressed. I think it could work.

I really had no ulterior motive with my post. It is nothing to do with what I'm doing now.

I was triggered into posting by the fact the person I sold my  major share to has lost patience and is now looking to sell himself for the same reasons.

In terms of block chain development I was not referring to the project I am now involved with. Crown has not delivered yet either. To compare would be misguided.
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 08:35:39 PM

I really had no ulterior motive with my post. It is nothing to do with what I'm doing now.

I was triggered into posting by the fact the person I sold my  major share to has lost patience and is now looking to sell himself for the same reasons.

In terms of block chain development I was not referring to the project I am now involved with. Crown has not delivered yet either. To compare would be misguided.

I hope you didn't take my post as an accusation. I was legitimately attempting to provide context to who you were & why you're here.

However, I did in fact have an ulterior motive in my post. You are the epitome of the resulting problems from the earlier lack of transparency and communication.

Since I was discussing this not too long ago, I thought I would let the people of Spreadcoin know that you were one of the members who left, further backing up my point that there is a problem that should be worked on in this community. And also that my suggestion could help with it, I think at least.

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 09:56:08 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2016, 10:26:19 PM by stonehedge

Coins101 is one of the very best in crypto at what he does.  His ideas are right up there with some of the biggest names in the industry.

As they say around these parts, *Cough*  Tongue
I was going to say don't let it go to your head...but you've called a lot of things accurately.. who knows, maybe spread will be one of them.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 10:31:37 PM

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink...as the saying goes.

or in may case....you can take a girl out on a date to a bar and while she'll drink like a fish, it don't mean you're getting laid  Grin
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 02:04:09 AM

P.S. minerpage says:

I've just about had enough of the terrorist too.

Several people have opted not to post here. So I'm thinking of creating a self-moderated clone thread, until the mods change their stance or he fucks off.
just2laff

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 02:09:10 PM

Several people have opted not to post here. So I'm thinking of creating a self-moderated clone thread, until the mods change their stance or he fucks off.
[/quote]

I would be much interested in that.  Please let me know what you decide.  I have very little intention to post at any time, but that shit kills whatever enthusiasm I have
HighTreason

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 04:06:35 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2016, 06:13:46 PM by HighTreason

Ha. Dev slowly offloading his coins on exchange. Goodbye shitcoin.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/spr/address.dws?SQ4AFN2yTeMjcus2ALQX95DD8US8WeGnYo.htm
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 10:21:47 AM

I would be much interested in that.  Please let me know what you decide.  I have very little intention to post at any time, but that shit kills whatever enthusiasm I have

How about a general slack thread?
Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: