Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:04:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BTX] Bitcoin - The NeXt Generation /NEW ANN and WEBSITE !  (Read 83683 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tech999

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 05:24:58 AM

All - I apologize the second "MIA".  This was totally unavoidable and I cannot got into details at this time, for several reasons.  I will post something more detailed by Wednesday at the latest.  Today's BTX action shows it will not go away.  I have too much time and money invested in BTX for it to go away.

More in a follow up.

MCDev

Hello, Welcome MCDEV. Read the official email address at yahoo. Its very very very interesting.  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 02:20:00 PM

All - I apologize the second "MIA".  This was totally unavoidable and I cannot got into details at this time, for several reasons.  I will post something more detailed by Wednesday at the latest.  Today's BTX action shows it will not go away.  I have too much time and money invested in BTX for it to go away.

More in a follow up.

MCDev

Waiting...  Wink  BTX is far from over IMO if MCDev truly reappears with a follow up message !

Niceee...  I just saw MCDev created 25+ BTC volume on C-Cex that day to save BTX from getting delisted ! Well done Sir !

MCDev if that's true that you put through 25 BTC of BTX trades on C-Cex then that's great. Thank you for coming back in and moving things along and showing there's commitment to continue.

There was a good feel to what was happening here. The ideas and offers being put forward by people like CryptoVote are indicative that there's a community here that wants to see BTX continue and further develop.

I'm looking forward to seeing more activity and announcements. Thanks

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
RenegadeMan

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 10:42:47 AM

Guys while I'm looking forward to further developments and activity with BTX I'm not having a very good experience with v2120 wallet. It's constantly hung and way behind in syncing.

Is anyone else having problems with their wallet continually hanging and using excessive resources on Windows? I'm on 8.1 Pro on an Intel Core i5 2.50Ghz with 8gb RAM so although not the latest spec level hardly underpowered either. Previously (a few months ago) it was working fine without any of these issues.

This is what my task manager constantly looks like; the BTX wallet consuming the lion's share of my laptop's CPU and memory.

I've de-installed and reinstalled twice. Deleted everything in the %APPDATA%\btx\ directory (apart from my wallet.dat and the .conf files) at least three times too. I've tried using the last bootstrap that was provided and it makes no difference, it's still as slow as slow and never catches up. It takes days for the progress bar to show 1 week has been caught up (that's on the rare occasion when the interface isn't completely hung).

Although I'm getting up to 20 connections on the network and the wallet's even supposedly staking (although every stake payment is unconfirmed) it's basically unusable at this point.

I'm interested to hear whether others have a working wallet on Windows.

CryptoVote

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 02:00:25 PM

All - I apologize the second "MIA".  This was totally unavoidable and I cannot got into details at this time, for several reasons.  I will post something more detailed by Wednesday at the latest.  Today's BTX action shows it will not go away.  I have too much time and money invested in BTX for it to go away.

More in a follow up.

MCDev

Waiting...  Wink  BTX is far from over IMO if MCDev truly reappears with a follow up message !

Niceee...  I just saw MCDev created 25+ BTC volume on C-Cex that day to save BTX from getting delisted ! Well done Sir !

MCDev if that's true that you put through 25 BTC of BTX trades on C-Cex then that's great. Thank you for coming back in and moving things along and showing there's commitment to continue.

There was a good feel to what was happening here. The ideas and offers being put forward by people like CryptoVote are indicative that there's a community here that wants to see BTX continue and further develop.

I'm looking forward to seeing more activity and announcements. Thanks

Hi, I am aware of the CPU usage problem.  PoS coins do this when there are many transaction splits.  I was able to replicate this issue with Blackcoin, Sling, BTX, and DarkSilk.  I am working on a fix.

The unconfirmed rewards is another issue.  Are they conflicted?

RenegadeMan

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 02:06:54 PM

Hi, I am aware of the CPU usage problem.  PoS coins do this when there are many transaction splits.  I was able to replicate this issue with Blackcoin, Sling, BTX, and DarkSilk.  I am working on a fix.

Thanks for your reply CryptoVote.

Yes I guess they're conflicted. The wallet seems to be confused as it's still many weeks behind yet it's staking and I'm getting constant notifications of incoming stakes but they all remain with ? status. If that's what conflicted is then, yes.

tech999

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 09:40:18 PM

Yes I guess they're conflicted. The wallet seems to be confused as it's still many weeks behind yet it's staking and I'm getting constant notifications of incoming stakes but they all remain with ? status. If that's what conflicted is then, yes.

Put your Reserve Balance to 999999999 until the blockchain is updated.
If your blockchain is still downloading and You have matured coins, the wallet begin to staking the blocks already staked, this is the conflict in the unconfirmed rewards. This solve this problem and the chain download is faster. When the chain is updated put your Reserve Balance to 0 to begin staking.

@CryptoVote
 Can I send to You two screen captures?
RenegadeMan

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 06:53:31 AM

Hi, I am aware of the CPU usage problem.  PoS coins do this when there are many transaction splits.  I was able to replicate this issue with Blackcoin, Sling, BTX, and DarkSilk.  I am working on a fix.

The unconfirmed rewards is another issue.  Are they conflicted?

If your blockchain is still downloading and You have matured coins, the wallet begin to staking the blocks already staked, this is the conflict in the unconfirmed rewards. This solve this problem and the chain download is faster. When the chain is updated put your Reserve Balance to 0 to begin staking.

@CryptoVote

Thanks for the suggestion CryptoVote. Have made that change and rebooted. That's no doubt fixed the staking conflict in the unconfirmed rewards. The wallet's still remaining in a hung state (okay for maybe first 5 minutes then permanently "not responding"). Getting some extraordinarily high CPU usage figures too:

(The above is a screen grab of a peak. Average is probably somewhere around 32%)

CryptoVote

Activity: 229

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 01:33:46 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2016, 01:47:32 AM by CryptoVote

Hi, I am aware of the CPU usage problem.  PoS coins do this when there are many transaction splits.  I was able to replicate this issue with Blackcoin, Sling, BTX, and DarkSilk.  I am working on a fix.

The unconfirmed rewards is another issue.  Are they conflicted?

@CryptoVote

Thanks for the suggestion CryptoVote. Have made that change and rebooted. That's no doubt fixed the staking conflict in the unconfirmed rewards. The wallet's still remaining in a hung state (okay for maybe first 5 minutes then permanently "not responding"). Getting some extraordinarily high CPU usage figures too:

(The above is a screen grab of a peak. Average is probably somewhere around 32%)
What BTX version are you using and do you have many transactions in your wallet from PoS?

I still think the split transactions is causing the wallet to hang, slow the chain download and use more CPU.  I would suggest you first backup your wallet and all your privatekeys, then try loading the chain with a new, empty wallet file.  After syncing the chain, load your old wallet.

I am testing a new BTX version for Windows (v2.1.5).  It doesn't use IRC which causes the Windows process to hang when you exit.  This version uses DNS seeder nodes instead and I added code to help the chain download.  It only helps a little.

• Uses DNS seeders
  • Turns IRC off by default
  • Small improvements to chain downloading.
  • Fixes Windows Qt wallet bug that causes the process to hang when shutdown.

If anyone uses this version, remember it hasn't been fully tested.  @MCDev and I have been running the daemon version for months but not the Windows wallet.  I am not sure if the Berkeley db version is the same (for the wallet) so it might not work with your current wallet file.  This is a link to the new Windows 32 bit binary (v2.1.5):  https://github.com/CryptoDJ/BitcoinTX/releases/download/v2.1.5.0/Windows32-bit.7z

RenegadeMan

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 11:46:41 AM

What BTX version are you using and do you have many transactions in your wallet from PoS?

I still think the split transactions is causing the wallet to hang, slow the chain download and use more CPU.  I would suggest you first backup your wallet and all your privatekeys, then try loading the chain with a new, empty wallet file.  After syncing the chain, load your old wallet.

I am testing a new BTX version for Windows (v2.1.5).  It doesn't use IRC which causes the Windows process to hang when you exit.  This version uses DNS seeder nodes instead and I added code to help the chain download.  It only helps a little.

• Uses DNS seeders
  • Turns IRC off by default
  • Small improvements to chain downloading.
  • Fixes Windows Qt wallet bug that causes the process to hang when shutdown.

If anyone uses this version, remember it hasn't been fully tested.  @MCDev and I have been running the daemon version for months but not the Windows wallet.  I am not sure if the Berkeley db version is the same (for the wallet) so it might not work with your current wallet file.  This is a link to the new Windows 32 bit binary (v2.1.5):  https://github.com/CryptoDJ/BitcoinTX/releases/download/v2.1.5.0/Windows32-bit.7z

CryptoVote I'm on the last released wallet V2.1.2.0

That's just great that you're testing a new version; sounds like some needed changes.

I've removed my wallet.dat from the %APPDATA%\btx\ directory and restarted the wallet so it creates a new one. It's now syncing much faster than it was with my wallet loaded and not going unresponsive. I'll let it catch up then reintroduce my wallet.dat. Thanks for the tip; I've been playing with various Qt based wallets for a while now; I should have thought of that and realised what's needed.

Diggio

Activity: 124

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:26:04 PM

I've been having the same Windows wallet problems for weeks. Will simply not sync even though there are 4-5 connections.

Attempted to sync from scratch with v2.1.2.0 with a new default wallet and I couldn't get past block 265476. Testing v2.1.5.0 now to see if it syncs completely.  It's been moving well but I noticed the Masternodes tab is not currently showing anything.

The wallet at C-CEX appears to be stuck (over 2 days and states "out of sync").

Have a lot invested and appreciate the dedication by CryptoVote and MCDev to BTX.
PrometheusX

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 08:48:43 PM

I've been having the same Windows wallet problems for weeks. Will simply not sync even though there are 4-5 connections.

Attempted to sync from scratch with v2.1.2.0 with a new default wallet and I couldn't get past block 265476. Testing v2.1.5.0 now to see if it syncs completely.  It's been moving well but I noticed the Masternodes tab is not currently showing anything.

The wallet at C-CEX appears to be stuck (over 2 days and states "out of sync").

Have a lot invested and appreciate the dedication by CryptoVote and MCDev to BTX.

Add this to your conf file until u have full syncd
connect=85.214.95.177:5520

The reason is that there are atm some chain problems and we should take the most important node as the main node ...
the connect is to my server and im full syncd with the ccex node
on my home server it works very well but atm is no chain movement because on my 8 MNs i have 8 diferent blocks, it goes from -3000 to +3000 blocks from the ccex one, but all full syncd.

SLK - SYZU8arw9LSxDtM7shm2S23WrD5WSbGbB9
Diggio

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 11:54:49 PM

Thanks PrometheusX, I'll add that node and see if that helps.

Diggio

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 10:23:48 PM

The reason is that there are atm some chain problems and we should take the most important node as the main node ...
on my home server it works very well but atm is no chain movement because on my 8 MNs i have 8 diferent blocks, it goes from -3000 to +3000 blocks from the ccex one, but all full syncd.

Have attempted full syncs from scratch on both Windows v2.1.2 and v2.1.5 and both stopped at 265476. Any good ideas how to get past that block?
RenegadeMan

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 12:07:32 AM

Have attempted full syncs from scratch on both Windows v2.1.2 and v2.1.5 and both stopped at 265476. Any good ideas how to get past that block?

I too have been at this for weeks (attempting to get synced). On occasions days have gone past and the number of weeks behind only goes down by one (i.e. so wallet's reporting 19 weeks behind - 2 to 3 days later - wallet finally shows 18 weeks behind) so the syncing, when it's actually working, is very slow.

But now it's stopped at 10 weeks behind on block 276170. I've tried this on both v2.1.2.0 and the new v2.1.5.0 and, even though the green completion status bar has the shimmer passing through it every few seconds indicating it's still doing something, it's firmly stuck at 276170.

I've tried adding this too:

without it effecting any improvement. With that line in the .conf the number of connections is reduced to 3

with that line removed I've had up to 18 connections at times.

tech999

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 03:01:32 AM

I too have been at this for weeks (attempting to get synced). On occasions days have gone past and the number of weeks behind only goes down by one (i.e. so wallet's reporting 19 weeks behind - 2 to 3 days later - wallet finally shows 18 weeks behind) so the syncing, when it's actually working, is very slow.

But now it's stopped at 10 weeks behind on block 276170. I've tried this on both v2.1.2.0 and the new v2.1.5.0 and, even though the green completion status bar has the shimmer passing through it every few seconds indicating it's still doing something, it's firmly stuck at 276170.

without it effecting any improvement. With that line in the .conf the number of connections is reduced to 3

I can post a copy of my blockchain files. I am at block 326148 now, I have used this files to sync other wallets in other pcs and this works fine. 

You can backup all your actual chain and wallet and try this files.

What Do You think. Do You want this files?

For now I am using a windows wallet, it works for v2.1.2 and v2.1.5 versions.

Diggio

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 03:26:15 AM

tech999,

Absolutely--willing to try anything. Not much good being stuck for weeks and months.
RenegadeMan

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 04:06:28 AM

I can post a copy of my blockchain files. I am at block 326148 now, I have used this files to sync other wallets in other pcs and this works fine. 

Yes that would be great. It's been laborious not being synced as the problem just goes on and on. I said in my posting above that I've been working on this for weeks but the reality is it's been months. I haven't been synced since early December.

Please let us know as soon as you've put the bootstrap up somewhere for download.

tech999

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 04:26:45 AM

Yes that would be great. It's been laborious not being synced as the problem just goes on and on. I said in my posting above that I've been working on this for weeks but the reality is it's been months. I haven't been synced since early December.

Please let us know as soon as you've put the bootstrap up somewhere for download.

Tomorrow I will update the chain in a clean pc, and upload it to mega in a zip file.

Take a look tomorrow.

Smiley

PrometheusX

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 08:48:34 AM

Tomorrow I will update the chain in a clean pc, and upload it to mega in a zip file.

Take a look tomorrow.

Smiley

U should take the official uploads

http://85.214.95.177/btx-uploads/bootstrap/

There u can find syncd data-folders for windoes and for linux
Only keep your wallet.dat , peers.dat and your conf file, delete all other and place the content of the zip in it
We curently figure out where are the sync Problems and possible we found an tryd intrusion in the chain.
Atm we can spread more infos because we have to look how we can fix it, fix the chain .... and its an very long list
but during this time use our data files, they are full syncd with ccex to keep u in trading busines

PrometheusX

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 08:57:53 AM

Nice work, and gz that u putt all your other wallets in a fork together
U should try to get or send anything to C-Cex, if it arrives then u are on the good chain, if not then u are on a fork.

I dont know it it would be good to have an updated chain that is almost 11k blocks in front of the official chain.
Coins will generate PoS and Masternodes gets income, but what u do with all your coins when u cant sell any of them ....

Always take a look at what block ccex is, those chain is viewed and there is no fork, if u more then +- 250 blocks away then u could be on a fork

Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: