Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 03:16:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ParkByte][PKB][Electrum] Pure POS  (Read 109839 times)
D4RK5T4R

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 05:38:11 PM

I have also realised that my ParkByte logo looks rubbish and have been sent a few different samples for a new logo. I am therefore opening this up on here by offering a 2500PKB bounty for the winning design, submissions must received by 15th June 2015. I would like to keep it simple, corporate looking and using the same blue colour as used on the parking/motorway signs here in UK (R0 G121 B193). Please email me your design at support@parkbyte.com, I will then collect them all and upload them for public a vote (I will have to think about how to stop multiple voting as i can see that might become an issue)

Edit: Winning logo Bounty now 24,000PKB

6000 from subseaguru
5000 from dev
5000 from miningpools.tk
2500 each from donnyespo, notsofast and gdavis024
500 from nickhiggins123

Logo Donation Bounty Address, feel free to donate: PMmiVRdgr1AoYPBUVsANAm92uDxA9uofMQ

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/pkb/address.dws?PMmiVRdgr1AoYPBUVsANAm92uDxA9uofMQ.htm

One more day for compo entries, looking forward to seeing all the designs.

Marcelo Santos speaks.  https://youtu.be/zjtLszt7MTo
BTC tips can go here: 19B4HwjhhpPR5sKrT4Tb7H4heEN8yAziD3
ParkByte (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 125

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 06:57:28 PM

I have also realised that my ParkByte logo looks rubbish and have been sent a few different samples for a new logo. I am therefore opening this up on here by offering a 2500PKB bounty for the winning design, submissions must received by 15th June 2015. I would like to keep it simple, corporate looking and using the same blue colour as used on the parking/motorway signs here in UK (R0 G121 B193). Please email me your design at support@parkbyte.com, I will then collect them all and upload them for public a vote (I will have to think about how to stop multiple voting as i can see that might become an issue)

Edit: Winning logo Bounty now 24,000PKB

6000 from subseaguru
5000 from dev
5000 from miningpools.tk
2500 each from donnyespo, notsofast and gdavis024
500 from nickhiggins123

Logo Donation Bounty Address, feel free to donate: PMmiVRdgr1AoYPBUVsANAm92uDxA9uofMQ

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/pkb/address.dws?PMmiVRdgr1AoYPBUVsANAm92uDxA9uofMQ.htm

One more day for compo entries, looking forward to seeing all the designs.

There haven't been many, unless there are some that are waiting until the last day to submit.
irwanjabryg

Activity: 980
Merit: 512

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:51:04 AM

I guess not miss a moment of this coin to be rubbish !  Immediately sell before you regret it !!!!   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
D4RK5T4R

Activity: 379

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 12:43:37 PM

I guess not miss a moment of this coin to be rubbish !  Immediately sell before you regret it !!!!   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

A quick look at your profile shows us that you are just a sad little troll that wastes his time disapproving of any coin at all.
Do you ever have something positive to say?
Don't bother answering, as I have already set you to ignore.

Marcelo Santos speaks.  https://youtu.be/zjtLszt7MTo
BTC tips can go here: 19B4HwjhhpPR5sKrT4Tb7H4heEN8yAziD3
ParkByte (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 10:53:28 AM

Logo Contest/Competion has ended.

Here are the logo's received, there is a basic poll and results will be announced soon (A few days)

I shall take the poll into consideration when making the final decision. Spam/Multiple votes will be ignored.

http://www.parkbyte.com/logos/
nickhiggins123

Activity: 283

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 11:52:30 AM

Here are the logo's received, there is a basic poll and results will be announced soon (A few days)

I shall take the poll into consideration when making the final decision. Spam/Multiple votes will be ignored.

#2 rocks, you get a sweet slogan with a simple but elegant design.
#3 is too much, you can barely read the bottom, and people like my father wouldn't like the "bling".
#12 seems to be simple yet incorporate the idea of crypto itself.
#4,5,6,7 not sure why that particular car was chosen, but I like the concept itself.
My personal favorite is #8. I can envision this symbol on things like google maps, and recognize it, in every day life
gdavis024

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

Fighter of the Dayman

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:13:41 PM

So I understand the premine is to be used as an incentive for partnerships with parking companies and I'm cool with that, but are there any plans to target incentives geared towards the end user?

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the navigation app Waze, but they've always had this social aspect of their app for their end users that gives them achievements for specific things  like miles driven in a day, incidents reported, etc. So users can use Waze for the intended use case of turn-by-turn navigation with crowd-sourced data, while at the same time also complete against their friends and other Waze users for a higher ranking.

I was just thinking it might be useful to think about implementing something like this for PKB. Even if it's not a fully developed feature when presenting to parking companies, I'm sure just presenting the idea in a white paper would be of interest to them. Maybe even implementing messaging in the app, so PKB users can send messages to each other on the blockchain might be interesting.

Just spit balling some ideas Smiley 
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 02:39:39 PM

Since I'm not sure whether my radio button input on the logos page is registering, I'm placing my vote for #10 here too.

twitter.com/notsofast
ParkByte (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 03:17:07 PM

So I understand the premine is to be used as an incentive for partnerships with parking companies and I'm cool with that, but are there any plans to target incentives geared towards the end user?

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the navigation app Waze, but they've always had this social aspect of their app for their end users that gives them achievements for specific things  like miles driven in a day, incidents reported, etc. So users can use Waze for the intended use case of turn-by-turn navigation with crowd-sourced data, while at the same time also complete against their friends and other Waze users for a higher ranking.

I was just thinking it might be useful to think about implementing something like this for PKB. Even if it's not a fully developed feature when presenting to parking companies, I'm sure just presenting the idea in a white paper would be of interest to them. Maybe even implementing messaging in the app, so PKB users can send messages to each other on the blockchain might be interesting.

Just spit balling some ideas Smiley 

Yes 75% of the premine is put aside for partnerships with parking companies, the rest is yet to be allocated really.

I haven't really said much about the end user incentives and love the social aspect you mention. Yes I have used Waze before.

For end users I have always thought of some sort of lottery using the App to mark the TX with a specific TX fee or something similar.

Say I allocated 50,000PKB of the premine to run this lottery type promotion for a year that is around 136PKB given away a day divided between 5 randomly selected transactions (half of what is minted a day).

Integrating the social part is a good idea, haven't really visualised it until thinking of the Waze app the first thing that popped into my head is rather than trying to mark the TX with a specific fee, the user just answers a question like "How many empty spaces can you see in the car park? 0-5 5-10 10+", Their answer is sent to a server where they are entered into the lottery and updates an in app map that shows parking spaces available.

I will think some more on that  Wink

Since I'm not sure whether my radio button input on the logos page is registering, I'm placing my vote for #10 here too.

nope #10 didnt register, strange it is just a WP addon I added when I had 5minutes earlier, if anyone else hass any issues please let me know and I will change it.

#2 rocks, you get a sweet slogan with a simple but elegant design.
#3 is too much, you can barely read the bottom, and people like my father wouldn't like the "bling".
#12 seems to be simple yet incorporate the idea of crypto itself.
#4,5,6,7 not sure why that particular car was chosen, but I like the concept itself.
My personal favorite is #8. I can envision this symbol on things like google maps, and recognize it, in every day life

Thanks, I am torn between a few so detailed analysis is very much appreiciated
olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 04:14:43 PM

i am between in 8 and 10 but as if 8. logo seems very sensual. it makes me relax Smiley i choose 8.
donnyespo

Activity: 827
Merit: 1000

Twitter: @bitcoin_dad

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 04:24:47 PM

i am between in 8 and 10 but as if 8. logo seems very sensual. it makes me relax Smiley i choose 8.

My vote is for #8 all are looking good!

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
needmoney
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1023

I am a good bro

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 06:55:22 PM

Number 8 cool Cool Cheesy

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
.Just.Bet. 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
TRUSTLESS
DECENTRALIZED
TRANSPARENT
..PLAY NOW..
foxkyu

Activity: 938

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 06:58:36 PM

Number 8 cool Cool Cheesy
Yeah i guess so. i voted the #8 too Smiley
chinook

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:00:23 AM

i like 9. except with a different shade on the "P" - black is too bold, need a darker grey

8. is OK, but the text is TERRIBLE. plus some shading and a border would be great, seems too basic/simple/lacking.
Allforone

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:40:47 AM

8 Smiley

twn
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 08:02:42 AM

i also prefer 8. good luck
ParkByte (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 04:18:27 PM

Well so far looks like #8 is winning with the votes, I like it and it does meet the initial spec of being simple and corporate looking and "I can envision this symbol on things like google maps, and recognize it, in every day life" as nickhiggins123 said

I will leave it open to comment/vote for the next day or so and will announce the winner after.
donnyespo

Activity: 827

Twitter: @bitcoin_dad

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 04:25:20 PM

Well so far looks like #8 is winning with the votes, I like it and it does meet the initial spec of being simple and corporate looking and "I can envision this symbol on things like google maps, and recognize it, in every day life" as nickhiggins123 said

I will leave it open to comment/vote for the next day or so and will announce the winner after.

Did the logo numbers for voting change? I like #7 but I thought was labeled as #8 yesterday.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
ParkByte (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 04:35:12 PM

Did the logo numbers for voting change? I like #7 but I thought was labeled as #8 yesterday.

No they haven't changed, although I can see how you can get confused on my phone

Here is a screenshot of how they are numbered

Allforone

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 05:26:33 PM

My wallet stopped working today not syncing any help?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: