Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:05:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ParkByte][PKB][Electrum] Pure POS  (Read 109838 times)
K0b1

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 07:11:27 PM

could you please contact bittrex so they wouldn't delist us

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ParkByte (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 125

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 01:31:37 PM

Hosting for the CryptoID block explorer has now expired, Please use http://insight.parkbyte.com - I will shortly add a richlist once I have finished testing this module.

Over the next couple of weeks there may be disruption to the ParkByte web services while they are migrated to new servers (The insight explorer has already been migrated), as there are no public services released this should only affect the ParkByte website and hard coded nodes in the ParkByte QT wallet - If you have trouble connecting please add "addnode=79.137.112.208" without the quotes to your parkbyte.conf and restart the wallet.

The ParkByte website will receive a refresh and be updated with information regarding both ParkingChain and ParkByte.

could you please contact bittrex so they wouldn't delist us

I have contacted them again today.
goldmaxx

Activity: 894
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 11:49:48 AM

Thanks for the update!
Looking forward to see the richlist :-)

Regards

Goldmaxx

donarito

Activity: 604
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 07:57:15 AM

Hey mate, any news about the project? We are thinking of buying some more coins, but no updates for some time is not the best motivator Smiley

▄████████▄
                               ▄█████████████▄
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                            ▒▓█▓▒██████████▒▓██░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                               ▀████████████▀
        ▒██░                ▄▄▄▄  ▀██████▀
            ▄███▄         ▄██████▄
            ▀███▀  ▄    ▒██████████░
                 ▄███▄  ▒██████████░
                 ▀███▀    ▀██████▀
                   ▀  ▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀
                     ▒█████░
                      ▀███▀
7%|  Annual Income
   VirtacoinPLUS
|  X 11    POW | POS
   Mining. Staking. Rewards.  
|  DECENTRALIZED INCOME HYBRID
    Created for The People.  By The People.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
ParkByte (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2017, 11:16:19 AM

Hey mate, any news about the project? We are thinking of buying some more coins, but no updates for some time is not the best motivator Smiley

There currently is no update that would be worthwhile giving; not because there is nothing going on but because the plan is constantly being revised.

After many discussions with people in the parking industry it has become apparent the need to change the short term direction - PKB as a parking token used by consumers is still our ultimate aim.

In the next few months we will release detailed information for the new revised project, the change in direction does mean we need to raise funding. We intend on raising funding via a crowd sale of ParkingChain (PKC) Tokens (no information has been finalized yet).

PKC Tokens will be used by parking companies to store/access data on the Decentralized ParkingChain database via a smart contract.

You may also notice references to ParkingAdmin (PKA) and ParkingMeter (PKM) on our website, these are names for our opensource SDK frameworks which will be used to access the ParkingChain.

Sorry if this seems vague but I think it would be best if we only publish the information in one hit, once it has been finalized.
goldmaxx

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 03:02:45 PM

I really hope we can swap some pkb for pkc tokens...
I'm holding this coin for several years now, and I would be dissapointed if I also have to buy some new pkc in order to get some roi.

Regards

Goldmaxx

ParkByte (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 06:59:24 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2017, 07:45:01 PM by ParkByte

I really hope we can swap some pkb for pkc tokens...
I'm holding this coin for several years now, and I would be dissapointed if I also have to buy some new pkc in order to get some roi.

Regards

Goldmaxx

**DISCLAIMER: All information here is not final, is not an update, is still in planning so can change from time to time and is only thinking on paper  Roll Eyes**

I do understand your concerns and no details are finalized as to the new token, there is also the PKB premine that I have to consider. My current thinking is to fork PKB over to a smart contract chain like ETH (same one as PKC), burning the PKB premine in the process then at a certain stage of the PKC sale (fixed on quantity of PKC not a time limit) once we have sold X number of PKC token's reward all current PKB balance holders with a ratio of x:x PKC's.

Both PKB and PKC should be seen as two different projects, there is so much involved in PKC though I have tried to give a basic outline below -

PKC is aimed at getting away from exclusive parking contracts and giving the consumer choice - the operational side consumers will never really see. In the UK, local governments put out tenders and service providers all bid to get that one contract for say 5 years. They do this 5 year period to save money when changing enforcement systems, parking attendants now need a mobile device to check digital tickets - changing systems can be costly.

The design of the actual ParkingChain (not the tokens) is for it to be Autonomous - Running on a smart contract - Database Nodes get paid by the smart contract to be online based on a ratio of Uptime, Requests and Space Used - Operators pay directly into the Autonomous Smart Contract to Read/Write into the ParkingChain (which pays the Nodes) - There will likely have to be trusted 99% up-time master-nodes to manage the data.

PKC will centralize data from all sources into a decentralized database into a standardized format, whether it is from Mobile Provider 1 or 2, a On-Street Machine or some other method. This data is then used by one existing enforcement system, operators can now switch provider or offer multiple providers with no costly equipment changes, new training etc.

Whilst all this information is in a decentralized database it was also suggested that we should also create a cloud based parking machine. It really is a great idea - it is what we were creating for PKB so to keep it simple and to enhance the value of using PKC this will come as an opensource SDK - an environment to access PKC data and create a virtual parking machine in Android/iOS/Windows/Linux and development of a universal upgrade board for physical parking machines using the PKM SDK potentially creating a few digital currency ATM's in the process - there are millions of unattended payment machines around, even if they are limited to £1/$1 a time.

A good example of a centralised parking database on a national level is https://nationaalparkeerregister.nl/uploads/media/Interface_Description_v7.0.pdf, we are transforming that into a decentralized database, using blockchain technology and making it global - with loads of extra's.

Ultimately, the PKM SDK will default to PKB as its currency - PKC is used by the operators for storing the transaction data in a centralized-decentralized database for back office use.

I have to admit this is a really ambitious plan and has taken months of planning to get to where it is, I just now need to finalize all the details and publish it, there is so much and I want to get it all right first time so we can move straight into the crowdsale.

**DISCLAIMER: All information here is not final, is not an update, is still in planning so can change from time to time and is only thinking on paper  Roll Eyes**
goldmaxx

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 12:35:57 AM

Thank you!
Looks really promising so far.

Regards

Goldmaxx

motorhead89

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

Wasssssup!

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 05:14:37 AM

I hold some PKB and look forward to the swap to PKC if that is the direction we will be going. 
Etherium based contract may not be a bad idea. I look forward to swap details.

I had my account hacked due to a weak password I was told. It has be re-secured and a stronger password implemented. Hacker was posting malware links using my account. Always use a very strong password.
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 04:23:16 AM

Happy New Year to everyone, sorry I haven't been here much.

Low Market Volume/Value doesn't mean PKB will "bite the dust".

I can't say that PKB will survive the next Bittrex delisting though, it would be nice but I cannot guarantee that.

The only thing I can guarantee is that I have no intention of abandoning the project, it has too much potential to abandon.

A few of the main things I have planned for ParkByte in 2017:

• Continue discussions with Partners
  • Launch ParkingChain - www.parkingchain.com - More detail to follow later
  • Further APP & Web beta/alpha development - Monitoring, Enforcement, Payments, Advertisment and ParkingChain Integration
  • Pursue Apple App Store Approval
  • BPA Membership Application

Wait news parkingchain!

ParkByte (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2017, 09:20:49 AM

Wait news parkingchain!

Release of ParkingChain is still a month or two away, best I can do at the moment is what I posted above, no big changes to that.

**DISCLAIMER: All information here is not final, is not an update, is still in planning so can change from time to time and is only thinking on paper  Roll Eyes**

I do understand your concerns and no details are finalized as to the new token, there is also the PKB premine that I have to consider. My current thinking is to fork PKB over to a smart contract chain like ETH (same one as PKC), burning the PKB premine in the process then at a certain stage of the PKC sale (fixed on quantity of PKC not a time limit) once we have sold X number of PKC token's reward all current PKB balance holders with a ratio of x:x PKC's.

Both PKB and PKC should be seen as two different projects, there is so much involved in PKC though I have tried to give a basic outline below -

PKC is aimed at getting away from exclusive parking contracts and giving the consumer choice - the operational side consumers will never really see. In the UK, local governments put out tenders and service providers all bid to get that one contract for say 5 years. They do this 5 year period to save money when changing enforcement systems, parking attendants now need a mobile device to check digital tickets - changing systems can be costly.

The design of the actual ParkingChain (not the tokens) is for it to be Autonomous - Running on a smart contract - Database Nodes get paid by the smart contract to be online based on a ratio of Uptime, Requests and Space Used - Operators pay directly into the Autonomous Smart Contract to Read/Write into the ParkingChain (which pays the Nodes) - There will likely have to be trusted 99% up-time master-nodes to manage the data.

PKC will centralize data from all sources into a decentralized database into a standardized format, whether it is from Mobile Provider 1 or 2, a On-Street Machine or some other method. This data is then used by one existing enforcement system, operators can now switch provider or offer multiple providers with no costly equipment changes, new training etc.

Whilst all this information is in a decentralized database it was also suggested that we should also create a cloud based parking machine. It really is a great idea - it is what we were creating for PKB so to keep it simple and to enhance the value of using PKC this will come as an opensource SDK - an environment to access PKC data and create a virtual parking machine in Android/iOS/Windows/Linux and development of a universal upgrade board for physical parking machines using the PKM SDK potentially creating a few digital currency ATM's in the process - there are millions of unattended payment machines around, even if they are limited to £1/$1 a time.

A good example of a centralised parking database on a national level is https://nationaalparkeerregister.nl/uploads/media/Interface_Description_v7.0.pdf, we are transforming that into a decentralized database, using blockchain technology and making it global - with loads of extra's.

Ultimately, the PKM SDK will default to PKB as its currency - PKC is used by the operators for storing the transaction data in a centralized-decentralized database for back office use.

I have to admit this is a really ambitious plan and has taken months of planning to get to where it is, I just now need to finalize all the details and publish it, there is so much and I want to get it all right first time so we can move straight into the crowdsale.

**DISCLAIMER: All information here is not final, is not an update, is still in planning so can change from time to time and is only thinking on paper  Roll Eyes**
hugabase

Activity: 824

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 12:16:54 PM

Release of ParkingChain is still a month or two away, best I can do at the moment is what I posted above, no big changes to that.

so, this is SWAP from PKB to PKC..??
ParkByte (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 01:00:55 PM

No, It is not a swap from PKB to PKC.

It will likely be a PKB(Current Chain) to PKB(Smart Contract Chain). PKB holders will given some free PKC once the tokens have been released.

Heres a brief breakdown of what each part will do..
PKB tokens - Digital Currency for parking ticket purchases (Currently on own chain, may move to smart contract blockchain with PKC tokens)
PKC tokens - Digital tokens distributed by crowdsale on a smart contract blockchain used to operate the autonomous parking database (The ParkingChain)
The ParkingChain - Decentralized Database managed by Smart Contract - PKC is paid into SC to get read/write access, to register a node etc. and PKC is paid out of the SC to incentivise the nodes.
ParkingZones - Smart Contract which allocates unique parking zones; renewal fees & deposit required
ParkingAdmin - Opensource SDK Including Enforcement APPs, Admin/Financial/Management Dashboards
ParkingMeter - Opensource SDK which brings both PKB and PKC together by creating development kits with PKB as their default payment method. PKM will allow all methods of payments to switch over to using PKC to store ticket data and calculate tariffs by providing unrestricted opensource iOS/Android/WIndows/Linux/MAC application examples. We will also develop a modular main board to replace the main board in physical ticket machines which will run on the PKM module so an entire car park could be switched to digital ticketing without huge expense while keeping traditional cash methods. There is also the possibility of turning them into Digital Currency ATM's - They have printers, internet, coin validators and we'll be replacing the mainboards so why not?

So...
PKC is trying to get all data together in a single place so one car park could offer Ringgo, Parkmoble, ParkByte and Cash - It doesn't matter to them, their enforcement stays on the one platform - Customers could choose which provider they wish to use rather than installing multiple APPs because different car parks only use one provider.
PKB is trying to replace all Cash and Credit Card payments because they just cost too much and are not secure.
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 01:26:01 AM

It will likely be a PKB(Current Chain) to PKB(Smart Contract Chain). PKB holders will given some free PKC once the tokens have been released.

PKB tokens - Digital Currency for parking ticket purchases (Currently on own chain, may move to smart contract blockchain with PKC tokens)
PKC tokens - Digital tokens distributed by crowdsale on a smart contract blockchain used to operate the autonomous parking database (The ParkingChain)
The ParkingChain - Decentralized Database managed by Smart Contract - PKC is paid into SC to get read/write access, to register a node etc. and PKC is paid out of the SC to incentivise the nodes.
ParkingZones - Smart Contract which allocates unique parking zones; renewal fees & deposit required
ParkingAdmin - Opensource SDK Including Enforcement APPs, Admin/Financial/Management Dashboards
ParkingMeter - Opensource SDK which brings both PKB and PKC together by creating development kits with PKB as their default payment method. PKM will allow all methods of payments to switch over to using PKC to store ticket data and calculate tariffs by providing unrestricted opensource iOS/Android/WIndows/Linux/MAC application examples. We will also develop a modular main board to replace the main board in physical ticket machines which will run on the PKM module so an entire car park could be switched to digital ticketing without huge expense while keeping traditional cash methods. There is also the possibility of turning them into Digital Currency ATM's - They have printers, internet, coin validators and we'll be replacing the mainboards so why not?

So...
PKC is trying to get all data together in a single place so one car park could offer Ringgo, Parkmoble, ParkByte and Cash - It doesn't matter to them, their enforcement stays on the one platform - Customers could choose which provider they wish to use rather than installing multiple APPs because different car parks only use one provider.
PKB is trying to replace all Cash and Credit Card payments because they just cost too much and are not secure.

and what future of PKB..??you create PKB and then you create new chain with PKC..??
goldmaxx

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 07:55:04 AM

So...

and what future of PKB..??you create PKB and then you create new chain with PKC..??

Maybe you didn't read what he said, or you didn't understand what he said.
I have no idea how to say it more clear than he did, but PKB holders have nothing to fear in terms of ROI...on the contrary, they will be rewarded with PKC tokens for holding PKB!
Just sit back, buy more and stake... good things are about to happen.

With kind regards

Goldmaxx

ParkByte (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2017, 09:31:45 AM

So...

PKB will benefit hugely from the new chain PKC it is a necessary step for adoption of PKB, and as goldmaxx has said PKB holders will be rewarded with some PKC.

There are many reasons why we will use two chains;

Funding - PKB didn't raise any funds - PKC requires alot of development, it's an entire platform to change the way data is stored throughout a whole industry. When PKB was created the platform planned for it to operate would have been a private database on a much smaller scale, ran by a single entity; ParkByte Ltd. The ParkingChain will be autonomous, decentralized and not owned/controlled by a single entity.

Ecosystem - PKB will have 3.7million in supply (if I burned the premine) - PKC around 25million - Use of the ParkingChain will require alot of deposits in PKC, I would estimate 50% will be in deposits and in some cases will never move, they will pretty much be locked in an address for eternity. For instance, the ParkingChain Caretaker nodes will require 50,000PKC/$25k and will be locked in for 365days after giving 7days notice to terminate, leaving without notice will incur a penalty taken from the deposit before it is returned. I would say 100 Caretaker nodes @ 50k 5m PKC locked. ParkingChain Shards will also have similar, less harsh contracts which require less deposit but there will be more of these ... 10,000 * 500PKC/$250 = 5m PKC. That is 10m PKC taken out of the supply securing the database nodes. It costs alot to become either node, they need to be stable and secure which is why there will be hefty financial penalties - The higher the risk the more they will earn though. Remember The ParkingChain is autonomous - profits are used to pay for the services provided to the contract.

Scaling - This is the difficult one and is one of my concerns about moving PKB over to a chain like ETH. The ParkingChain is operated off a smart contract and most of the work will be done offchain - This is a micro transaction industry, 11million spaces in UK, lets say each get 2 tickets purchased a day (real world is some have 0 some have 20 a day) thats 22m tickets a day from UK alone - say 10 other countries like that joined 220m a day ... that is a huge amount of data ~2.5k txs/sec, could lets say ETH manage even 10% of that, atleast with PKB's current chain we have control over that scaling. Like I said its a concern putting me off moving PKB.

Fair Distribution - PKB was mined 100% (if premine burned), that is just a great feature in itself. Crowdsales/ICO/IPO or whatever you want to call it, PKC will be one of those and those do not have the same appeal.

Two separate Projects - They are two entirely separate projects - and should be seen as such. I'm not really talking about from a crypto speculator's view but from the view of the parking industry. Digital Currency is unregulated and different and people do not like unregulated and different. Blockchain Technology is revolutionary and can make industries efficient - PKB is Digital Currency - PKC is Blockchain Tech - In their eyes they want Blockchain Technology, they don't need to understand at such an early stage that with PKC (Blockchain Technology) naturally also comes with a built in ability to use PKB (Digital Currency).

I could go on but I feel I have probably given away more details than I wanted so I should stop
goldmaxx

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 10:54:13 AM

It's getting more interesting with every word written.

Regards

Goldmaxx

Lauren Smith

Activity: 1050
Merit: 277

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 06:17:00 PM

Very interesting idea. There is a gap in the market for this but I feel it's just an idea. Coins are not yet mainstream enough for this sort of development. We will have to wait for more basic things to be implemented first. Though if it is a call I try or town on that's hitech and open to new technologies you could replace all the parking machines like this. That would take a very long time then. Good luck with it I hope your dream is reached as a reality.

BonzoCorleone

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

@bonzocorleonee

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 02:17:39 PM

Very low marketcap coin with active development and unique usecases, not many low marketcap coin with active development and real world use these days...

Looking forward for release of parking chain, best of luck to you dev!

Keep your Alts close, but your Bitcoin closer.
magaura
Legendary

Activity: 1029

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 07:15:14 PM

looks like twitter started to talk about this project..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: