Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:41:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382129 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:37:39 PM

Well, this does not bode well, specs are down from what was thought, they will be short of chips in June, I guess their 'guess' of July 2018 was right on, with

what they expected for delays...

here is the link ..make of it what you will

https://medium.com/obelisk-blog/obelisk-update-january-may-2018-739229a930ec

As for Decred miner, if you got those, I myself would make a 'significant' bet that in the next 2 months Bitmain will release a Decred ASIC...

and Bitmain usually has less than a 6 week delivery or sooner on such things (they usually mine the first units themselves)

HOPE I'm wrong, but it is what Bitmain does, pops stuff out like toasters...

Just hope they make the July 2018 (1-year deadline) ...that, IMHO, is looking kinda iffy...

what they get for going with the chip mnfg...TSMC...they ALWAYS seem to miss ASIC chip wafer deadlines and screw up (see BFL miners 2013)

not a big fan...this being their 2nd attempt...from what I understand for an ASIC chip (thus the 1-year deadline, by Obelisk..just in case....)

anyway, hope it does not 'devolve' into a cluster with Bitmain Decred units and/or more delays

later

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:08:52 AM

I wish this happen soon that Siacoin Hardfork Announce with free new coins plus the same day binance and bitfinex announce siacoin listing into their exchanges that’s the only way siacoin will break 5000 satoshi In 1,2 days only I wish some one can forward my request or wish to siacoin team to make it possible.
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:59:42 PM

I wish this happen soon that Siacoin Hardfork Announce with free new coins plus the same day binance and bitfinex announce siacoin listing into their exchanges that’s the only way siacoin will break 5000 satoshi In 1,2 days only I wish some one can forward my request or wish to siacoin team to make it possible.

It wouldn't make sense if the team made a contentious hard fork. There needs to be a part of the community that doesn't agree with the team's decisions and that is prepared to maintain a hard fork of Siacoin. The team can't make listings happen, unless maybe they pay a huge amount of money but seriously these listing fees are just becoming absurd. Even if all of this happens at once, it probably won't make Siacoin break 5k sats in a day or two.
Unfortunately the team can't make your wish come true.

BitcoinWorld

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:40:42 PM

Hi guys
Did you see that market space accepts sia tokens? They change them to their tokens, if im not mistaken...Sounds like an attractive offer
What do you think?
here is the link
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2961359.msg35196138#msg35196138
big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 07:50:13 AM

so as a community member & miner, all the fork stories & doorstop stories, are they rumors only or the devs are going to implement it?

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:00:54 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2018, 09:21:44 AM by doedz

It wouldn't make sense if the team made a contentious hard fork. There needs to be a part of the community that doesn't agree with the team's decisions and that is prepared to maintain a hard fork of Siacoin. The team can't make listings happen, unless maybe they pay a huge amount of money but seriously these listing fees are just becoming absurd. Even if all of this happens at once, it probably won't make Siacoin break 5k sats in a day or two.
Siacoin is coin longterm, patience is the key. So only people who are patient can get profit from this coin.
About listing in Binance it seems developers will think hard because for listing to Binance need a fee $ 500k and that does not make sense, I think that's money is better used for development of this coin.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
kaicrypzen

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:37:49 AM

so as a community member & miner, all the fork stories & doorstop stories, are they rumors only or the devs are going to implement it?

The only fork discussion I'm aware of was the one that happened back when Bitmain released their miner, the team's statement was "if the network is being attacked by Bitmain then we'll soft fork". Unless I missed something, all seems okay so far. I don't know what doorstop is, I only see mentions of it in Searing's posts and some yours that reply to them, what is it? Anyway, as long as nothing is mentioned in the official communication channels, I think not much importance should be given to unbacked info. For me, such info doesn't even qualify as a rumor.

raoulsergia

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:05:58 AM

Siacoin is coin longterm, patience is the key. So only people who are patient can get profit from this coin.
About listing in Binance it seems developers will think hard because for listing to Binance need fee $ 500k and that does not make sense, I think that's money is better used for development of this coin.

Lol some people have no patience... SIA is a slow horse but a good one. One of the leading technology in blockchain right now, just have to look at the github code to see the pace of development

Of course needs more adoption, instead of Binance listing for short term pump SIA needs people using it for storage.
IMO the marketing must improve
Hakkane

Activity: 422
Merit: 270

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:04:32 PM
Merited by Searing (2), kaicrypzen (1)

There is not going to be any hardfork.

The whole story is that the Obelisk miners (manufactured by a subsidiary company of the Core developers) a few days ago revealed the preliminar tests on the units, and sadly the specs could be a 30% bellow the expected. As the mining network is already flooded by miners of 3 companies, by the time Obelisks are delivered their profitability will be very low (so all that speech about "doorstoppers")

The buyers of Obelisk are in rage and are pressing really hard the developing team to fork the mining algorithm of the network to invalidate every miner but Obeliks. Some buyers are going as far as considering the fork as inevitable or consider it a proven fact, I guess in hopes of shaping the reality by describing a different one.

... but the reality is that the Core team is not going to fork the network: they are stating every day that this is no reason to provoke a contentious fork, and that the decision of not forking is firm unless Bitmain/Antpool starts to behave destructively against Sia (something that can't currently happen as the hashrate of Antpool is <15%)
dzonikg28

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:57:07 PM

Lol, c'mon man, that tweet is over 4 months old.  It would be great if SIA were listed on Binance, but as of now, it's fake news.

Not that easy to get on there but I think Sia would really deserve it. In good times there is also very strong trading volume.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄████████████▄
  ▄███▀  ▀███████▀  ▄▄
 ▄████      ▀▀▀   ▄███▄
▄████             ▀████▄
█████               ▀██▀
████▌  ███      ███
▀████   ▀▀      ▀▀
 ▀████▄    ▄▄▄▄      ▄█▄
  ▀█████▄   ▀▀    ▄█████
    ▀██████▄▄▄▄███████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄███▄▄
█████████████▄    ████  ▄████████▄    ▄███████████▄
█████▀    ▀████   ████  ███▀  ▀██▀   ████▀    ▀████▄
████        ████  ████  ▀████▄▄▄    ████        ████
████        ████  ████    ▀▀▀████▄  ████        ████
 ████▄    ▄████   ████  ▄██▄  ▄███   ████▄    ▄█████
  ▀██████████▀    ████  ▀████████▀    ▀█████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ████
                                                ████
                                                ████
.....MARKET DAY - MARCH 20TH 2023....Download Now .#...
m3ndi3

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:12:11 PM

Do not compare the siacoin with Ripple because Ripple is one of the best finance coins so far besides Bitcoin and Siacoin it is a coin for data storage.
These two coins have different platforms and newborn Siacoin in 2015 while Ripple is from 2012.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:53:34 PM

There is not going to be any hardfork.

The whole story is that the Obelisk miners (manufactured by a subsidiary company of the Core developers) a few days ago revealed the preliminar tests on the units, and sadly the specs could be a 30% bellow the expected. As the mining network is already flooded by miners of 3 companies, by the time Obelisks are delivered their profitability will be very low (so all that speech about "doorstoppers")

The buyers of Obelisk are in rage and are pressing really hard the developing team to fork the mining algorithm of the network to invalidate every miner but Obeliks. Some buyers are going as far as considering the fork as inevitable or consider it a proven fact, I guess in hopes of shaping the reality by describing a different one.

... but the reality is that the Core team is not going to fork the network: they are stating every day that this is no reason to provoke a contentious fork, and that the decision of not forking is firm unless Bitmain/Antpool starts to behave destructively against Sia (something that can't currently happen as the hashrate of Antpool is <15%)

This is true. The no fork. IMHO, it is because 1) Obelisk-Tech is not OUT anything..they got these miners out the door as a pre-order with BTC...if they even kept 20% in BTC they

likely are well ahead of the game. Their investment (and whatever profit) on the units are secure.

2) They want ASIC's for the network security..if instead of say (what is like 8,000 sc-1's or something) they can have the Bitmain units work in the same manner with aprox

75,000 Sia units in the world....that works even better for the sia-tech folk on their network...they have even LESS motive to fork...Bitmain has done the work and numbers

for them..they could not pull out themselves....add the LATE Sc-1 units on top of this mix...and IF sia-tech gets the network where it needs to be to use all these ASIC's in

the manner they intend...they will be golden

3) They COULD fork and do the same thing...and again IMHO that would work just as well, because I don't think the extra capacity of the Bitmain units would matter, in that

I doubt they can implement that many units that fast into the network vision anyway....so again, a fork would be plenty of units to get their invisioned network off the ground

but the numbers of ASIC's with Bitmain behind the protocol...well, it will be a LOT and I mean a LOT easier to get BIG TIME INVESTMENT with that under their belt...so again,

IMHO, Bitmain will rule this coin and network as it becomes available...IF the obelisk sc-1's do arrive they MAY have fewer watts (500w vs bitmain 1,350w I think it is)...but

that means they won't fade quite as fast (and this assumes Bitmain won't have a 2nd generation out of these miners at 500 watts also by the time they ship)..so there is that

As an aside, I fully expect that Bitmain will have a Decred Miner out before the Obelisk Decreds ship..if I had to guess I'd say by July 1st, 2018....just a guess...

I have ONE FREE Decred miner (swap'd 5 1/2 price  sc-1 obelisk coupons off to a friend, he got 4 coupons and I got $800 bucks covered..thus free with 5th coupon free unit

...really tried to talk him out of it, but he badly needed equipment deductions etc and was getting 15 decred units 2nd batch, anyway...so I lost that argument)

...so at least I will ROI on that maybe...

As to me, I think that I can ROI after electric with equip deductions at my miner income rate on my dubious 5 sc1 miners, ..IF I can make 40% back of the USD price after electric

So the ONLY hope any of us have (or in my case 5 obelisks sc-1's) Is that the network use they plan for these ASIC's work and they ALL can be put to use

Bitmain and Obelisk in a coherent manner....WITH a pretty good plug of Investment in the obelisk-tech firm and the coin..from this all pulling together...we MIGHT squeak by..but their

frigging network storage vision will have to be on task at the same time as these ASIC's hitting in mass...along with some pretty good press...and investment $$$ and also

investment $$ in the siacoin price too boot..or again...I myself will feel.. lucky if I get 40% back over electric and could just then call it wash (or ROI)

compared to paying the tax man last year (2017) and the 25% equipment deduction also from 2017...*yeah...I was that big and need equip deduction that bad*

but again..it is a stretch even on my 'dubious' scenario' above, for any of this in reality to happen....so heck ...perhaps after above I'll likely really be looking at full 25% loss...

But no, they ain't gonna fork ..no way...they have like 8x the ASIC miners they expected.....for their network vision....bet on that if nothing else...NO fork possible...

We pre-ordered..they are covered on equipment...the real test is IF they can get their network vision storage up to speed with all these ASIC's in the wings...that is

what is gonna determine if any of us even get close to ROI'ing on the Obelisk's or the Bitmain units....without that ....all the ASIC's of this algo and siacoin are 'doorstops'

anyway, what do I know at one time I drank the BFL kool-aid in 2013...but how I'm seen my 5 units of obelisk sc-1 doorstops currently

later

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
masulum
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1592

hmph..

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 12:39:51 PM

About listing in Binance it seems developers will think hard because for listing to Binance need a fee $ 500k and that does not make sense, I think that's money is better used for development of this coin.

I agree with you, without listing on Binance, SC already have good volume from another exchange. developed new features/update is more important to give more demand for this coin in the future.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
ulhaq

Activity: 503
Merit: 286

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:32:20 PM

What does this mean? How can Antpool "behave destructively" against Sia? Shouldn't the Sia network be robust enough that anyone mining is not going to cause problems? Wouldn't that indicate a problem with Sia network and not with Antpool?
shamman666

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:09:46 PM

we need Binance. let's each of us write in the Binance message. maybe the developers of this coin will see that the people demand dobovleniya on the stock exchange.
skybot13x

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:47:50 PM

we need Binance. let's each of us write in the Binance message. maybe the developers of this coin will see that the people demand dobovleniya on the stock exchange.

I think not even 1000 messages would impress them in anyway. There are earning several millions a day so it's difficult to make them hear a few voices easily.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
kaicrypzen

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:50:06 AM

The Sia team entered into discussions with Binance at least four months ago, that's when Taek(42), a developer and the creator of this thread, posted this: https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/7pfyjc/brief_update_on_binance.

Three months ago Taek42 said:
Yeah so far our conversations haven't gone anywhere interesting. Nothing good, nothing bad.

Also four months ago:
If I delete this comment, Binance asked for something that I found reprehensible.

That comment is still there so either they are still discussing or Taek42 forgot to remove it.

big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 10:01:17 AM

We do not need binance, we need the final product, than SC will have the real value
Untill than, are all speculations
So, dear devs, do your best to finalize the roadmap asap :-)

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
denam

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:13:31 AM

Actually doing a comparison between two projects serving or working in two different areas doesn't make sense at first hand. One has strong parties involvement who are providing capital while SIA is based on community and is backed by small investors and businesses. SIA not having that price doesn't put it in inferior to other.
kalehon

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:14:17 AM

Sia will be the successful project, everyone should buy some tokens for long term investment. i have also buy.
Pages: « 1 ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: