Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:32:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 [481] 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382134 times)
Grandmaster Nitemare

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 02:48:16 PM

Bought some SIA 22 months ago near the high for the long term HODL
Lost 60% in USD value and 95(!!!)% in BTC value since then.  Roll Eyes  Cry
Since it has not made a good pump like many other coins I am now willing to sell.

1.) Volume on exchanges is very low
2.) I still can not store the SIA in my Ledger oder Xaurum wallet => Exchange storage is dangerous
3.) Coin progress is slow (not a SCAM I think but slow)
4.) Other projects could outrun SIA

I think I will sell half of my position for EOS und HODL the other half on the exchange. Maybe the smaller coins like SIA will have also a pump soon!?
Learned  my lesson: Don´t HODL this little coins, only trade them for short term.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2019, 03:00:25 PM

Since it has not made a good pump like many other coins I am now willing to sell.

2.) I still can not store the SIA in my Ledger oder Xaurum wallet => Exchange storage is dangerous

I think I will sell half of my position for EOS und HODL the other half on the exchange. Maybe the smaller coins like SIA will have also a pump soon!?
Learned  my lesson: Don´t HODL this little coins, only trade them for short term.

Run out with a big lost is not an option
I belive that SC will have better days by the end of the year

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 05:04:03 PM

Sell it all now. It won't do a 10 - 20x until you sell, so waiting patiently.
leps

Activity: 918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 05:23:10 PM

If you are a long term holder why sell now if Sia is sitting on the btc pair support level? Bitcoin and all these coins have market cycles. I cannot guarantee it but most probably Sia will pump again to it's ATH in the next bullrun and so are most of the other coins that are active and trading.
Ani1985

Activity: 219
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 05:23:35 AM

If you are a long term holder why sell now if Sia is sitting on the btc pair support level? Bitcoin and all these coins have market cycles. I cannot guarantee it but most probably Sia will pump again to it's ATH in the next bullrun and so are most of the other coins that are active and trading.
Investors must be prepared to lose, I agree that making SIA Coin for the long term is a good solution for profit, I also buy when the price is $ 0.007 cents and now the price is less $ 0.003, waiting for profit is certainly the right solution rather than cut loss.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Grandmaster Nitemare

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 07:09:05 AM

Point 2 in the list worries me the most, because I had also coins on cryptopia and the exchange was liquidated and I have little hope to ever see it again.
90% of all the projects will die and I think in the next bullrun only the more solid coins will pump.
The good thing is I only have a very small position (0,15% of coinportfolio) in SIA, so it will not play a big role if I change it in a other coin like EOS.
The question is can SIA play a role in 5 years or will other coins take over this storage thing?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 02:40:42 PM

Does making a Sia-Tech Sia Coin Storage Setup make any sense to do yet? $$$ wise? Even with 'used' drives and equipment?

Supposedly that is the 3rd Leg of Siacoin. 1) miners 2) Siacoin HODL 3) storage payments for such boxes.

Doubt it is worth, building such a box, probably 'futile', but figured I'd ask if anyone has such a beast and is 'experimenting' even at a loss in $$$ vs Electric.

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 03:37:14 PM

Does making a Sia-Tech Sia Coin Storage Setup make any sense to do yet? $$$ wise? Even with 'used' drives and equipment?

Supposedly that is the 3rd Leg of Siacoin. 1) miners 2) Siacoin HODL 3) storage payments for such boxes.

Doubt it is worth, building such a box, probably 'futile', but figured I'd ask if anyone has such a beast and is 'experimenting' even at a loss in $$$ vs Electric.

brad

its a buggy system that was effectively hacked by it's lead development team ...now they are dissolved so meh :\  *cheers bud*

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 03:54:55 PM

brad

its a buggy system that was effectively hacked by it's lead development team ...now they are dissolved so meh :\  *cheers bud*

So the 'so called' storage solution has no storage solution ...unless by chance you wish to use your data hall for such?

Is that the 'crux' of this?

sheesh

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 05:45:21 PM

brad

So the 'so called' storage solution has no storage solution ...unless by chance you wish to use your data hall for such?

sheesh

brad

the top data guy maintaining the stuff literally ended up hacking the majority of the files...maybe circle peeps will develop some inhouse thing in the future who knows? :\ hmm

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 05:37:08 PM

brad

sheesh

brad

Don't listen to anything gembitz says, he is a major trolll on these firms. Sia is making solid steady progress, but I would wait until demand picks up before trying to host.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 12:43:58 AM

brad

sheesh

brad

Don't listen to anything gembitz says, he is a major trolll on these firms. Sia is making solid steady progress, but I would wait until demand picks up before trying to host.

It is discouraging I was told in Summer of 2018 that they had boxes ready to do so within months....but they got sidetracked making miners...not encouraged however...

that leg of the stool is way past due on getting fixed/looked at. Mining equipment and Siacoin generation are both way, way to far ahead of this for me to be comfortable

about siacoin I HODL lately. Just saying.

btcyoda

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 06:04:59 AM

Yes, we can learn lessons from our previous mistakes but it is not good to hold the all the money in one single coin and we have to divert our money into different other potential coins which help to liquidate when the price starts increasing.
leps

Activity: 918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 10:54:42 AM

Lost 60% in USD value and 95(!!!)% in BTC value since then.  Roll Eyes  Cry

Learned  my lesson: Don´t HODL this little coins, only trade them for short term.

Investors must be prepared to lose, I agree that making SIA Coin for the long term is a good solution for profit, I also buy when the price is $ 0.007 cents and now the price is less $ 0.003, waiting for profit is certainly the right solution rather than cut loss.

If you believe in Siacoin then what you guys must do is dollar cost average your position just like any other coin such as Bitcoin. So if you bought let's say $1000 at $0.007, you buy another $1000 at $0.003 then when eventually goes up again to $0.007 you sell your position or keep a moonbag for more profit. I am not giving financial advice. Just telling what I do if I am losing money on a coin that I believe it will go to the previous ATH.
big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2019, 06:41:15 AM

there is a positive movement on Sia network last days
we have a 50% grow in data stored in the last 1.5 month

https://twitter.com/SiaStats/status/1133213228954193920

can't wait to see the spike in value too...

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
GoogleBit

Activity: 213
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 05:13:51 PM

I just upgraded to 1.4.0 wallet. Can't see any transactions nor any coins in it, after importing seed.
litecoingva

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

in LTC i trust

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 11:52:48 AM

siacoin is now a SC/BTC stable coin  Cheesy

@GODofUSD
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 04:10:14 PM

Lost 60% in USD value and 95(!!!)% in BTC value since then.  Roll Eyes  Cry

Learned  my lesson: Don´t HODL this little coins, only trade them for short term.

If you believe in Siacoin then what you guys must do is dollar cost average your position just like any other coin such as Bitcoin. So if you bought let's say $1000 at $0.007, you buy another $1000 at $0.003 then when eventually goes up again to $0.007 you sell your position or keep a moonbag for more profit. I am not giving financial advice. Just telling what I do if I am losing money on a coin that I believe it will go to the previous ATH.

Compared to my other HODL coins, don't have enough in comparison to those HODL'ings for doing your 'good advice' above for it to really matter. Also not getting the wallet to work,
ever, is the other problem (win 10). Gave up after 5 tries on 2 laptops (one 2011 and one Alienware 2018). Thus stumped.

Thus a 'buddy' is holding my siacoin for me....eventually, I'll get motivated and just have him 'liquidate' to a more promising coin. But hope 'springs eternal' don't ya know Smiley

sonja1

Activity: 80

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 07:02:51 AM

this coin is bleeding death.......
migz

Activity: 143
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 10:05:24 PM

oh siacoin, how i missed you Grin i still remember when your marketcap is at $100K, and is around 4 satoshi, those were your lovely days

Have no fear, miGz is here.
Pages: « 1 ... 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 [481] 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: