Bitcoin Forum
January 27, 2020, 09:01:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.19.0.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 [488]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1350893 times)
litecoingva

Activity: 262
Merit: 100

in LTC i trust

View Profile
January 03, 2020, 05:40:42 AM

January 2018 Mcap 2,9B
January 2019 Mcap 105M
January 2020 Mcap 54M

here is the fact... the smart money run away.

sia give me me 30btc in 2017 and i don't think this will happen again...

storage in blockchain war a good marketing... but other project have gone forward

sorry to tell that but siacoin is RIP

@litecoingva
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Branko

Activity: 952
Merit: 271

View Profile
January 03, 2020, 07:57:33 AM

storage in blockchain war a good marketing... but other project have gone forward

Which "other project", and in what way it gone forward?
aoluain

Activity: 882
Merit: 390

View Profile
January 03, 2020, 09:35:24 AM

First time hearing of this. Has anyone have experience storing their files in this?

All I know is I looked into this 9 months ago..and even with the cheapest of "used' equipment I could not make this storage stuff fly

by making any size box in any way/shape/form worth doing and profitable. It is all data hall folks that do this on the side as far as I can tell.

So until that part is fixed...we are due at BEST to sideways.....IMHO...but again, the devs are failing with this project in so many directions

from sia-tech/grin debacle\little use coin with high difficulty due to over mining or how shall I say instead, driving up difficulty without

and corresponding use or adoption of that coin so IMHO vs adoption or hell at least the storage thing in break-even mode

am not encouraged by siacoin at this point,  at all Sad

Brad

Thanks for the update, Brad. It seems as though the concept is hard to pull off.

I'd like to be wrong, but IMHO, unless there is a way for someone to build a Siacoin decentralized storage aspect of all this...even with used equipment and simply just

break even on the electric say, to help this concept...I fear it is doomed. Too many coins and difficulty for use now and also the Sia-Tech ASIC maker aspect is way over the top vs their

real 'supposed' reason for all this. The decentralized and anonymous worldwide storage vision. I still think they are gonna pull a Butterfly Labs (in the USA) and go bankrupt. I see no

other option if they still have expenses from the Sia-Tech aspect and GRIN miner failures and are NOT making any more SC1 boards of any type for sale. They have to eat those

loses in some manner, IMHO. I'd love to be proved wrong, but with the 'deafening' silence going on, I feel that is not the case.

Brad

It does sound ominous, SIA was one of my ALT projects which I
was truly excited about but I lost patience and liquidated my
tokens back into Bitcoin as did everyone I know!

Time to cut the losses and focus on the only project that really matters

BTC
bitpotter

Activity: 898
Merit: 252

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
January 03, 2020, 12:36:34 PM

January 2018 Mcap 2,9B
January 2019 Mcap 105M
January 2020 Mcap 54M

In 2017, it was the peak of all altcoins including SIA, I was able to feel some btc from trading at that time. But since a year ago the market direction has worsened, I doubt if this coin will rise again.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
The Blockchain Solution To Online Security & Privacy
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
Aaric

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2020, 04:12:22 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2020, 04:28:36 PM by Aaric

January 2018 Mcap 2,9B
January 2019 Mcap 105M
January 2020 Mcap 54M

You put 30 Bitcoins? In fairness most other coins have had a similar drop off.
litecoingva

in LTC i trust

View Profile
January 03, 2020, 05:44:38 PM

Which "other project", and in what way it gone forward?

you have more than 10 decentralized cloud... sia is like a slow FTP and you can only store files... when others car do a lot more

@litecoingva
litecoingva

in LTC i trust

View Profile
January 03, 2020, 09:08:39 PM

last chance to see something bullish
could this buy wall on binance be real ?

https://twitter.com/litecoingva/status/1213203984103739393/photo/1

@litecoingva
th3min3r

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 12:43:51 AM

Hi all, Only explain my point of view. I´ve read last opinions, I disagree about some afirmations of the last posts, like "other 10 alternatives", no many improvements about sia, etc. With all respect I think that the sia proyect has a future, well... others have some features but are in many cases the proyect is new or with low real use.

sia is growing, with real proyects, now you can pay with fiat easily to suscribe storage services much much cheaper than other alternatives like amzn, can be check online sia cloud price fast. The used storage increases slow month by month, the stats are public on Internet.

For other side sia has a good volume of trade, with liquidity to maintain the mining network. I think too what with one strategic partner like big company, public organization, army, state or similiar would be more easy bring the proyect to other level. Self-replicating and privacy focus is a good avantage too, others dont have this posibility. For many uses is enought with the sia capacities.

Well, the future of sia I think depend on how to will be adapt to the future, but It is a good position for start, with dominance position inside their market.

Long life SIA!
Searing
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1245

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 04:07:57 AM

Hi all, Only explain my point of view. I´ve read last opinions, I disagree about some afirmations of the last posts, like "other 10 alternatives", no many improvements about sia, etc. With all respect I think that the sia proyect has a future, well... others have some features but are in many cases the proyect is new or with low real use.

sia is growing, with real proyects, now you can pay with fiat easily to suscribe storage services much much cheaper than other alternatives like amzn, can be check online sia cloud price fast. The used storage increases slow month by month, the stats are public on Internet.

For other side sia has a good volume of trade, with liquidity to maintain the mining network. I think too what with one strategic partner like big company, public organization, army, state or similiar would be more easy bring the proyect to other level. Self-replicating and privacy focus is a good avantage too, others dont have this posibility. For many uses is enought with the sia capacities.

Well, the future of sia I think depend on how to will be adapt to the future, but It is a good position for start, with dominance position inside their market.

Long life SIA!

Would be nice to see this from other than a 'newbie' account (sorry, just saying)

Again, show me the decentralized storage network I can build and make a profit on or at least show me some SC1 or SC2 boards out there that a person can run in the now 'defunct'

DCR1 miners.....they are showing no movement on anything, be it Sia-Tech (equip) or Siacoin (use) or Sia-decentralized network.

ie...deafening silence..they also admit they owe me around $600 from their promised 'compensation' for SC1 units being late...but also said in an email that they will only

pay such if they show a 'profit' this year. I am hardly encouraged. Sad (copy of that email should be in this thread yet unless they deleted it)

So it goes FUD/Dismay on our lack of trust/ then blamo ...for companies like this in the USA....bankruptcy! I still expect a Butterfly labs outcome where they devs/owners

walk away free and clear of any BTC or $$$ returned. The project seems to be the Siacoin project ...is a dead man walking.. has just not 'tipped over dead' yet.

Project is  indeed 'toast" Sad

Check out the www.synchro.net Free BBS Package. Win 10/Linux. Updated 1/1/19. 5 min-Install to check it out. A nostalgic hoot! Smiley
th3min3r

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 11:20:54 AM

The account is "newby" yes, but not here, I follow the forum since time ago and sia too.

I have written because some affirmations I think are not correct. I speak with my own experience, I had good support with them, some boards SC1 1 gen failed me and they resolved the problem fast, updates ok.

Yes, the market is too bad for many proyects righ now.

the cloud storage is a good sector to stay, is a huge market, grow fast worldwide, has multipled uses too.

DCR1 was an error... yes, in the market too late, other miners manufacturers had a low successful models, what´s new?

""" So it goes FUD/Dismay on our lack of trust/ then blamo ...for companies like this in the USA....bankruptcy! """

for other side I think is good too be USA based, maybe It will be more easy to establish alliances, if it happen (may not happen ofc), with other usa based companies than outside usa proyects, more trust too.

Is not an advice, recommendation or blind believer, only depend of sia their future, but I dont see the scene so black like others users. Can be collect on Internet all info, with real data about sia, to create your own judgment, I can't say more about this.
Searing
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1245

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 08:26:09 PM

The account is "newby" yes, but not here, I follow the forum since time ago and sia too.

I have written because some affirmations I think are not correct. I speak with my own experience, I had good support with them, some boards SC1 1 gen failed me and they resolved the problem fast, updates ok.

Yes, the market is too bad for many proyects righ now.

the cloud storage is a good sector to stay, is a huge market, grow fast worldwide, has multipled uses too.

DCR1 was an error... yes, in the market too late, other miners manufacturers had a low successful models, what´s new?

""" So it goes FUD/Dismay on our lack of trust/ then blamo ...for companies like this in the USA....bankruptcy! """

for other side I think is good too be USA based, maybe It will be more easy to establish alliances, if it happen (may not happen ofc), with other usa based companies than outside usa proyects, more trust too.

Is not an advice, recommendation or blind believer, only depend of sia their future, but I dont see the scene so black like others users. Can be collect on Internet all info, with real data about sia, to create your own judgment, I can't say more about this.

No upgrade equipment for broken boards sc1 or sc2 ..no boards that could be used in DCR units to revive them....little progress from what I can see (compared to the sia-tech equipment dump

and siacoin's in existence vs adoption and siacoin difficulty..this is completely unbalanced vs the storage solution IMHO) Promises made that SC1 folk would be compensated and have not done

so ..even when SC1 and SC2 units etc were MUCH more profitable. Now I get an email stating they MAY pay us (in my case $600 in late compensation for SC1) IF they show a profit this

last year. (Damn near impossible for that to happen IMHO with the dump/dismay/dissolve of GRIN Miner cluster**ck...and demise). Also on the $600 supposedly I should have gotten from

the SC1 lateness...it also came when there was NO EQUIPMENT to buy from Siacoin even if I did want to flip such ...according to my account. I have a buddy that has 10k coming to him

damn hard to use it..if no equipment to take a chance on!

The list goes on, I'm sure others can 'chime in here' .....I continue to expect the worse and am not impressed!

Brad

Check out the www.synchro.net Free BBS Package. Win 10/Linux. Updated 1/1/19. 5 min-Install to check it out. A nostalgic hoot! Smiley
th3min3r

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 03:40:59 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2020, 04:19:38 PM by th3min3r

well, you are right in some things, but It is not bad idea make focus in their own market, forget dcr and grin, they made improvemnets in SC1 boards, the last boards has a better heatsink and different way to fit it in the boards, I think the firsts units take heat a lot of, fail for this.

About performance sc miners is acceptable after more one year running, you can check hashrate the network and take your own opinion. The locked sias to make contracts is to low yet, cloud storage is a big market and the proyect represents very low percent of total storage.

We will see how sia adapts to the future... at least is a good start, has a real use right now. The next incoming boom of IoT, with multiple small devices collecting data, can be an opportunity for this type of proyect.  

I will follow the forum as guest, I hope you resolve the trouble with the manufacturer.
litecoingva

in LTC i trust

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 02:17:22 AM

Siacoin at 15 sat it's crazy
next stop 10 sat or 0 ?

it's price is quoted like one of the worst shitcoin in the crypto space....

i saw billions of coin moving today.... i wonder what's going on... maybe some one could give an explanation ? or know something ? is siacoin hacked ? i'm buying becose is remember dgb going to 17 sat before mooning above 2000 dying before going to the sky ? lol

@litecoingva
litecoingva

in LTC i trust

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 10:27:22 AM

after the priced droped to 15sat, 10M$ were bought  Roll Eyes

@litecoingva
xolling

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 01:59:50 PM

Who says a coin is developing or not? otherwise nothing is heard about her
big_daddy

Activity: 980
Merit: 333

----- 10 yrs -----

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2020, 11:40:07 PM

after the priced droped to 15sat, 10M$ were bought  Roll Eyes

yeah, I missed that train cause have some issues with the Poloniex iOS app....  Angry Angry Angry
once back home, on the PC, the price was already spiked far away that great line

███████ ███████ ███████
███████ ███████ ███████
███████ ███████ ███████
███████ ███████ ███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████ ███████ ███████
███████ ███████ ███████
███████ ███████ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████ ███████ ███████
███████ ███████ ███████
███████ ███████ ███████
███████ ███████ ███████
SudokuWallet█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
                     ▄▄████▄▄
                    ▄████████▄

▄▄█████▄▄  █████████████████
       ▄███████████████████████████████
      ▄████████████████████████████████
      ██████████████████████████████████
      ▀██████████████████████████████████████▄▄
       ▀█████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████████████████▀▀██████████████████▄
▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀███
██████▀▀▀███████████           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀████████▀      ▀▀▀▀▀       ▀███████▀
       ▀▀████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
          ▄ ▄▀▄
         █▄▀▄▀
        ███▀
      █▄██

█
██
    ▄▄▀
   ██▄▄
  ▄▀  ▄▀ █
████▄
 █  ▄▀ ▄  █
█████
█ ▄▀  ▄▀ █ █
██████
█ █ ▄▀ █  ██
██████
▀▄▀▄█ █  ███
█████▀
 ▀▄▀█▄ █ ██
█████▀
   ▀▀████
████▀▀
bct_ail

Activity: 1064
Merit: 904

https://bit.ly/2Pw2IPb

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2020, 01:25:03 PM

Who says a coin is developing or not? otherwise nothing is heard about her

https://gitlab.com/NebulousLabs/Sia

smartmixer.io▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀
▄  ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄

▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀
▄  ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄

▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀
▄  ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄

▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀
▄  ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄

▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀
.Make your Cryptos untraceable!.
(( ███████ ((    TELEGRAM    )) ███████ ))
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████▀███████▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀▀███▄
▄███ ▄▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▄ ███▄
████ █  ▄   ▄█ █ ████
████▌▐▌ ▀█▄█▀ ▐▌▐████
▀████ ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀ ████▀
▀████▄ ▀▄▄▄▀ ▄████▀
▀█████▄▄ ▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████▀▀▀██████▄
▄█████▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█████▄
▄██████ ▀   █ ██████▄
███████   █▀  ███████
████████▄ ▄ ▄████████
▀████▀         ▀████▀
▀███   ▄   ▄   ███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████▀   ▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀      █████▄
████     ▄▀▄  ▀ ▀████
███    ▄▀▄ ▄▀▄    ███
▀███▄▄  ▀█ █▀   ▄███▀
▀████████ ████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

70% COMSN
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MIX NOW!
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀
▄  ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄

▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀
▄  ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄

▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀
▄  ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄

▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀
▄  ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄

▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀
Pages: « 1 ... 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 [488]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.