Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:13:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 [489] 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382137 times)
Branko

Activity: 2506
Merit: 319

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 05:15:36 PM

what about coinbase custody ? no news since 2018...

unclear what you mean by above? Sorry clueless. Sad

in 2018 there was a hope of siacoin in coinbase custody: https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/12/07/coinbase-cryptocurrency-list-altcoin-xrp/

and now seem that siacoin is no more considered : https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/12/07/coinbase-cryptocurrency-list-altcoin-xrp/

well with a 33% or more price dump and compare that to the payout/vs bitcoin dump and a miner went from $1.80 a day to now 65c or some such...

classic pump and dump the last 4 days....even at flat difficulty on the network that has really, really got to hurt...especially in usa with 10c kWh rates kinda/sorta.

oh well, its only money right?

man, you're lucky in the good old USA, its actually very cheap over there
Imagine if you'd live in Denmark or Italy, or pretty much most of the Europe

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 04:30:03 AM

what about coinbase custody ? no news since 2018...

unclear what you mean by above? Sorry clueless. Sad

in 2018 there was a hope of siacoin in coinbase custody: https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/12/07/coinbase-cryptocurrency-list-altcoin-xrp/

and now seem that siacoin is no more considered : https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/12/07/coinbase-cryptocurrency-list-altcoin-xrp/

well with a 33% or more price dump and compare that to the payout/vs bitcoin dump and a miner went from $1.80 a day to now 65c or some such...

classic pump and dump the last 4 days....even at flat difficulty on the network that has really, really got to hurt...especially in usa with 10c kWh rates kinda/sorta.

oh well, its only money right?

man, you're lucky in the good old USA, its actually very cheap over there
Imagine if you'd live in Denmark or Italy, or pretty much most of the Europe

Well, Siacoin in the last 6 days has dumped from 0.003600 to 0.002221 which is a 61.694 % decline and it is still dropping as  I type this. As well as Bitcoin dumping which

looks like it is gonna end up going under 9K here soon. Well, jeez ain't that kick in the nuts! So price vs progress and timeline..how is this supposed to go again?

Seems some major Siacoin Whales are dumping for 'real-world problems' in a big, big way. Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Jarmo van de Seijp

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2020, 01:52:19 PM

Following this!
Makleyhill

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 04, 2020, 07:53:08 AM
Merited by kaicrypzen (1)

StoreWise announced the ClearCenter partnership, they will hand over ClearSHARE, a distributed data warehouse on the blockchain, and the SiaTechHQ protocol will be taken as the basis!
https://medium.com/storewise/clearcenter-and-storewise-join-forces-to-create-clearshare-the-future-of-decentralized-data-737cd5c952ee
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 06, 2020, 08:18:30 PM

The game Doom found it's way to Sia's Skynet: https://siasky.net/AACpZe2ozCdeM1KPk2Va88loscRpbgHSMLmvY1dkoKJg_Q/docs/index.html
gartmah

Activity: 735
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 01:11:35 PM

An article on how, with long-term use of SIA cloud storage, the price for use can be less than $ 2
https://blog.sia.tech/cloud-storage-for-2-tb-mo-8a34043e93bb
litecoingva

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

in LTC i trust

View Profile
March 24, 2020, 12:24:43 PM

hello all,

need some help. I have installed the sia wallet (1.4.3) on ubuntu but i cannot see funds  Huh i made a test and sent 2 times 0.9sc from bittrex to my wallet but funds doesn't appear (i waited 10 confirmations)... close and reopen the wallet but nothing... full synced.... i can see in the explorer that funds are arrived but i cannot see in my wallet  Huh Roll Eyes

when siacoin in ledger nano manager for non IT users ?? i think it could attract more investor.... nice to have millions of siacoin but would love to have in my own wallet Smiley

after reinstaling,... still syncing after 1 Month.... and on the older version... hope that upgrading to 1.4.4 will work... if this reinstall work... ledger nano would be a good alternative....

@GODofUSD
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 24, 2020, 09:53:01 PM

Anyone have any luck with getting an obelisk blake2b-sia to work with https://www.miningrigrentals.com/

I lose about 1/4 of the hash when I do such.

Also, any way to 'solo mine' siacoin-blake2b-sia?

thanks

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
USBitcoinServices.Com

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

Earn bitcoins every hour: USBitcoinServices.com

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2020, 11:33:23 PM

Is it mandatory to install/update the recent Sia version?

JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
April 10, 2020, 07:39:23 AM

Is it mandatory to install/update the recent Sia version?

From their announcement, they didn't directly said that it is mandatory but they also said this: "We strongly recommend that all hosts and all renters upgrade to v1.4.4 as soon as possible."
Dildo Shwaggins

Activity: 54
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 19, 2020, 03:35:05 PM

Tell me why SIA is not a shitcoin.
big_daddy

Activity: 1666
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2020, 09:47:08 AM

if you think that SIA is a shitcoin, simply find another topic and follow another project
5 years of working on a shitcoin here is too much for you to understand

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 08:44:26 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2020, 08:57:46 PM by Searing

if you think that SIA is a shitcoin, simply find another topic and follow another project

it is a sh*tcoin in the sense that with the 85% of mining ASIC's from other vendors, that was dumped on the algo switch there is 10x the siacoin in the world that sia-tech expected..even though

they NOW again have a private network for their decentralized and anonymous store of info system using siacoin..they originally dreamed of! Before other ASIC's stole their thunder and pushed

up difficulty and siacoin out in the world way more than their original plans, due to the lateness of their ASIC's hitting the world. (They also owe me $600 supposed compensation for such lateness

they promised...I will likely never

I think they better get a move on making it worth doing storage on such a network..which as of now does not work even on very cheap used hd's etc and certainly

not something a hobbyist can ever make money on now! I'm talking 'break even' is far away even more daunting to put something up as a portal or node or even HD storage for

non-tech usual hobby types...they are generating no hype/or interest in their project just concentrating on coding w/o these details...losing out on a lot of maybe interested folk.

The other problem is ..folks have told me that they are moving into using big centralized data storage companies and systems..which also hardly seems decentralized

so if they want to get this project to work they better show some 'economic' reasons even if it is only break-even to put my $$$ into even a hobby node or portal and or

storage on siacoin vision....or it will just collapse under its own weight

I mean no one ever got in trouble with their bit giant amazon cloud kinda storage solution an IT guy is not gonna risk his job farming out sia-techs network at this time

why take the risk? What is the point...continue to use amazon cloud..never heard of siacoin and the project and if the IT guy has certainly his boss has not heard of such!

So some decentralized storage from the ground on up among hobbyists and regular folk better start first IMHO to get some hype going on this...or they are just spinning air

IMHO...and such.

By the By, the siacoin wallet also sucks..why not have the siastats.info www page ...going out of the wallet to hit that info to just get the siacoin address is just silly

information button or something on the wallet and what is with only able to use control c and control v to cut and paste? Have they never heard of right-click mouse cut/paste?

Also, why do I have to go all the way to the web site www.siastats.info to plug-in transaction id info to see the wallet address the siacoin came from? Why can't that show

also the wallet address along with transition Id?....I mean it is all very low-end amateur compared to even the most basic BTC wallets...

So the stuff like that drives me crazy ..they are not taking care of important minor details and no real push for folk to do storage nor instructions for the layperson...and ramp such up

even it is just to play with ..no FAQ I could see even to just experiment with the wallet options on storage on your puny 3gig HD as well just to learn such.

So if the project is siacoin/mining/storage as a 3 legged stool....storage part of all this is like 3 years behind the others IMHO..

anyway

they need to fix the stuff above and generally step it up Smiley

Brad

Branko

Activity: 2506
Merit: 319

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 07:09:49 AM
Merited by big_daddy (1)

it is a sh*tcoin in the sense that with the 85% of mining ASIC's from other vendors, that was dumped on the algo switch there is 10x the siacoin in the world that sia-tech expected..even though

they NOW again have a private network for their decentralized and anonymous store of info system using siacoin..they originally dreamed of! Before other ASIC's stole their thunder and pushed

up difficulty and siacoin out in the world way more than their original plans, due to the lateness of their ASIC's hitting the world. (They also owe me $600 supposed compensation for such lateness

I think they better get a move on making it worth doing storage on such a network..which as of now does not work even on very cheap used hd's etc and certainly

not something a hobbyist can ever make money on now! I'm talking 'break even' is far away even more daunting to put something up as a portal or node or even HD storage for

non-tech usual hobby types...they are generating no hype/or interest in their project just concentrating on coding w/o these details...losing out on a lot of maybe interested folk.

The other problem is ..folks have told me that they are moving into using big centralized data storage companies and systems..which also hardly seems decentralized

so if they want to get this project to work they better show some 'economic' reasons even if it is only break-even to put my $$$ into even a hobby node or portal and or

I mean no one ever got in trouble with their bit giant amazon cloud kinda storage solution an IT guy is not gonna risk his job farming out sia-techs network at this time

why take the risk? What is the point...continue to use amazon cloud..never heard of siacoin and the project and if the IT guy has certainly his boss has not heard of such!

So some decentralized storage from the ground on up among hobbyists and regular folk better start first IMHO to get some hype going on this...or they are just spinning air

IMHO...and such.

By the By, the siacoin wallet also sucks..why not have the siastats.info www page ...going out of the wallet to hit that info to just get the siacoin address is just silly

information button or something on the wallet and what is with only able to use control c and control v to cut and paste? Have they never heard of right-click mouse cut/paste?

Also, why do I have to go all the way to the web site www.siastats.info to plug-in transaction id info to see the wallet address the siacoin came from? Why can't that show

also the wallet address along with transition Id?....I mean it is all very low-end amateur compared to even the most basic BTC wallets...

So the stuff like that drives me crazy ..they are not taking care of important minor details and no real push for folk to do storage nor instructions for the layperson...and ramp such up

even it is just to play with ..no FAQ I could see even to just experiment with the wallet options on storage on your puny 3gig HD as well just to learn such.

So if the project is siacoin/mining/storage as a 3 legged stool....storage part of all this is like 3 years behind the others IMHO..

anyway

Brad

After all this time, you STILL don't understand how mining works and simple fact that hashing power does not affect
bumber of coins?

/facepalm
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 05:40:35 PM

ahh, remember those old days back five years ago, when i've been hitting block on solo mining with
20x 7970's it was a really heated up summer then Smiley

This is my signature...
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 07:11:55 PM

IMHO...and such.

anyway

Brad

After all this time, you STILL don't understand how mining works and simple fact that hashing power does not affect
bumber of coins?

/facepalm

So the amount of coins are the same even if the amount of hash power for siacoins was 85% more before the ASIC miners by Bitmain etc were bricked? At this point in time?

enlighten me....and if I am incorrect that means at IF obelisks were out on time and there were NO 3rd party siacoin miners and the network was always private with siacoin

we'd still have 41,817,047,634 SC in circulation? really? If so I stand corrected? IF nothing else difficulty is still high as hell on all this from the miner point of view.

On the other hand, with only like what 5-6PH or thereabouts on machines never made by 3rd parties you have a network making 41,817,047,634 SC that amount of coin in the same amount

of time with the original Asics? That also seems a bit silly for a storage network that still basically can't be built or even used by anyone other than 'centralized' data halls etc at this point in

time.

So you still have all this 41,817,047,634 SC coin and the increase in difficulty to the point where MOST obelisk equipment after the fork can't mine Siacoin profitably (maybe a different issue

with pandemic and all...but out there) and a 'storage solution' that is still 3 years behind the (1) no longer making of ASIC's and Grin Miner mess-up (2) that is a hell of a lot of siacoin for a

project (3) wheere the 'decentralized storage solution and anonymous were supposed to be the primary function of this project?

So if my assumptions this time on your correction are correct on above...well...still the project seems 'stuck in a coder 'rut' of epic proportions.

Also NO real decent wallet (see the previous post) and also where are the PR and the PUSH for this great project. I do a google search for the last 30 days and am not impressed with the

results. More problems going on IMHO with this project and promotion then me being wrong on the above...

I also have made these points on the wallet and lack of storage HARDWARE and promotion of this project before ...so /facepalm on that as well back at ya Smiley

Lots of 'supposed' coding....very little progress or promotion on the above issues I bring up...the whole ecosystem of siacoin vs their vision seems to be very 'unbalanced' at best.

The siacoin project folk really need to step it up...fix the wallet for better ease of use....get some PR going...get the decentralized hardware reason also decentralized out there

rather than relying on (futile IMHO) on big data halls to incorporate this off the mark...maybe they are simple short of funds and devs/coders I don't know..but does not seem well

run ecosystem at all as a project

later

Brad

bct_ail
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 2225

https://t1p.de/6ghrf

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2020, 07:20:06 AM

why take the risk?
True. The main point is, that you have someone to charge if any problems arise. You are paying for a service like that.
I really like the idea about decentralized storage. But if I am have to store very important data, I would prefer a reliable supplier at the moment. Let us hope for the future.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 02:52:49 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2020, 03:52:05 PM by Searing

Unsure what to make of this...but previously we got to a pump of 28% plus on Siacoin price today.

So was wondering what the hell happened of any note?

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/siacoin/

befuddled. (a common occurrence) Smiley

MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 03:18:43 PM

SiaCoin (SC) not only wants to be Decentralized but Competitive Wants to Overtake Amazon Web Services: https://thecurrencyanalytics.com/13942/siacoin-sc-not-only-wants-to-be-decentralized-but-competitive-wants-to-overtake-amazon-web-services/amp/
Aleksnovaes

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2020, 07:11:56 AM

is the storage system already working?
How many users are there at the moment?
How many Terabytes is the platform already storing?
Pages: « 1 ... 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 [489] 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: