Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:25:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 494 495 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382134 times)
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
May 09, 2020, 05:58:58 PM

is the storage system already working?

Yes.

How many users are there at the moment?
How many Terabytes is the platform already storing?

Here https://siastats.info/ you have a lot of useful stats. 330 hosts, almost 84k active contracts, 750 TB of used storage and more than 2 PB of network capacity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Aleksnovaes

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2020, 04:19:16 PM

Is there a paper wallet for SIA?
If so, is there a lighter and easier app (similar to Coinomi) for importing the paper wallet?
Since the core portfolio is very heavy and takes a long time to synchronize ?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 17, 2020, 07:41:03 PM

Is there a paper wallet for SIA?
If so, is there a lighter and easier app (similar to Coinomi) for importing the paper wallet?
Since the core portfolio is very heavy and takes a long time to synchronize?

No paperwallet for Siacoin that I would trust.

Also, the Siacoin Wallet by Sia-Tech kinda sucks. (1) When you have something come into your wallet from another address it simply shows the transaction ID
not the siacoin address the amount came from. They should also have the Siacoin address on the main page for that amount so you don't have to go further down a
2nd or 3rd wallet page to find the info. I mean the transaction ID is on the front page, big whoop put the receiving and sending addresses there as well.

Also why not have the Sia-Coin stats page for the explorer on the wallet as a button as well? A lot of info on sia-stats could also just show up on a page...unless
as I suspect their explorer function for the sia-stats is so slow this is unwieldy.

Anyway, last I looked at those was issues that I thought were frigging less than elegant.

I'd stay away from the paperwallet though...Sia-Tech last I heard says it is NOT supported.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
gartmah

Activity: 735
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 09:21:04 AM

Sia Ski Net about how the era of decentralized Internet is approaching, part one and how things are today in Sia https://www.altcoinbuzz.io/reviews/altcoin-projects/sia-network-skynet-age-of-decentralized-internet-part-1/

HeitorMessias

Activity: 209
Merit: 32

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via" Seneca _

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 05:01:10 AM

Congrats for SC team, great work! SC have plans to make a DEX in nebulosa or in SC network?
micro1

Activity: 255
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2020, 06:51:12 PM

SC is pumping and goes to moon
litecoingva

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

in LTC i trust

View Profile
June 20, 2020, 12:03:37 PM

Sia building Rosetta with coinbase ? sound s like siacoin will be listed ? :p

@GODofUSD
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
June 20, 2020, 12:12:52 PM

SC is pumping and goes to moon

It’s like when a stock goes public.  It’s the pump before the dump Onto the public.  Then it’s left for others to pickup the pieces.  New people new group to hype their bags.  This game is so over played🤦‍♂️🙄.

Is it just me or do humans in general have a very short attention span or no long term memory.  How does this shit keep getting played out over and over and no one learns the lesson.  Reinventing the wheel to digitally fleece your suspecting victims.  I guess greed is a powerful drug.  The more you get the bigger the fix it takes to satisfy.  I can’t imagine that being a goal set by some.  As if it’s some metric for accomplishment.  ESP in today’s manipulated world.  What is an honest living nowadays?

BR
D57heinz
Doug

Last thread I need to delete so that I don’t get anymore notifications.  You guys got me with this crypto bs.  Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice.  Good luck in what you all feel is your destiny.  I wish you all the best

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
Kopiev

Activity: 202
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 21, 2020, 05:42:05 PM

A detailed guide in details on configuring the Sia host in the Docker container https://skyportal.xyz/DAAWvlu6jaSaM06msAc9hp9gO8UsXDK2rq_TcoODq--USw/posts/sia-host-in-a-docker-container/index.html#prerequisites
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 22, 2020, 12:10:25 AM

Link to a new Siacoin ASIC to hit the world, they take PayPal...do your elec/purchase/etc ROI calculations

anyway here is the link to the thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5256787.msg54650510#msg54650510

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Shy Ronnie

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2020, 04:33:57 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2020, 06:24:15 PM by Shy Ronnie

Bounty Deadline on July 31
https://coindar.org/en/event/siacoin-sc-bounty-deadline-29587
cryptofirm

Activity: 1039
Merit: 250

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 10:42:49 PM

Sia and NamebaseHQ are thrilled to partner on `Own the Internet` Hackathon - Build next-generation decentralized apps that are truly in your control.
https://twitter.com/SiaTechHQ/status/1286045039391649793

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
litecoingva

in LTC i trust

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 08:56:00 PM

Looking at the statistics it looks like the network capacity is decreasing... host are decreasing too... difficulty is decreasing too, after so many years there is no company involved in siacoin... I think 2017 hype around cloud was a good marketing... but today after so many years there is still nothing big around. It only a storage cloud, no website can be build on sianetwork... bitcointalk is dead... no official ledger nano app... siacoin push all their effort to create and sell mining rig... hashrate down,...used storage is going down too... with this network you can store few movies (netflix or such companies will never use sianetwork) coin supply is so big for a so tiny demand (in the burn wallet you have less than 1000siacoin since 2016 lol...) ... siafund are so expensive that there is no interest too... being a host you will loose money becose energyis not free, mining is not profitable.... siacoin is dumping since 2017.... after 1 year we are still bellow 30 sat.... i dont think its accumulation.... its dominated by some whales who have no more interest to pump siacoin becose all other coin have more community involved... 51 active hosts and 318 online host... just looking at statistics you understand that this project is decreasing in interest... nobody talk about siacoin in twitter. 0CHAIN DIDX10 SINCE JANUARY and siacoin did 0x.... is 0CHAIN THE REAL CLOUD STORAGE ? RIP SIACOIN

@GODofUSD
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 02:20:31 AM

Looking at the statistics it looks like the network capacity is decreasing... host are decreasing too... difficulty is decreasing too, after so many years there is no company involved in siacoin... I think 2017 hype around cloud was a good marketing... but today after so many years there is still nothing big around. It only a storage cloud, no website can be build on sianetwork... bitcointalk is dead... no official ledger nano app... siacoin push all their effort to create and sell mining rig... hashrate down,...used storage is going down too... with this network you can store few movies (netflix or such companies will never use sianetwork) coin supply is so big for a so tiny demand (in the burn wallet you have less than 1000siacoin since 2016 lol...) ... siafund are so expensive that there is no interest too... being a host you will loose money becose energyis not free, mining is not profitable.... siacoin is dumping since 2017.... after 1 year we are still bellow 30 sat.... i dont think its accumulation.... its dominated by some whales who have no more interest to pump siacoin becose all other coin have more community involved... 51 active hosts and 318 online host... just looking at statistics you understand that this project is decreasing in interest... nobody talk about siacoin in twitter. 0CHAIN DIDX10 SINCE JANUARY and siacoin did 0x.... is 0CHAIN THE REAL CLOUD STORAGE ? RIP SIACOIN

Giving up hope at the beginning of the next crypto hype cycle will cost you a lot of $$, even for those who think of nothing else but "price"

SIA has been around since 2014, "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger", SIA has survived, it is strong, it is very well regarded, and the tech is fantastic.

masulum
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1592

hmph..

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2020, 03:16:10 PM

SIA has been around since 2014, "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger", SIA has survived, it is strong, it is very well regarded, and the tech is fantastic.

Of course Sia already survive till today, but community and miners also need something good from Sia as part of their innovation. From their public feature roadmap, i don't see any good improvement to help Sia get their more demand. If its happen for a long time, what Litcoingva says will increased and the community lost in faith for this project. Decreasing and losing community and miners will be hard for the team to fixed it.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 01:56:48 AM

Of course Sia already survive till today, but community and miners also need something good from Sia as part of their innovation. From their public feature roadmap, i don't see any good improvement to help Sia get their more demand. If its happen for a long time, what Litcoingva says will increased and the community lost in faith for this project. Decreasing and losing community and miners will be hard for the team to fixed it.

I forgot about SIA price years ago, I believe decentralized storage will become very important tech for the future Internet, the only issue is if the devs have enough funds to stick around until the inevitable (viral) adoption happens. I'm betting the devs will stick around, so I'm buying more SIA when I can.
TeraBite
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 11:27:54 AM

I forgot about SIA price years ago, I believe decentralized storage will become very important tech for the future Internet, the only issue is if the devs have enough funds to stick around until the inevitable (viral) adoption happens. I'm betting the devs will stick around, so I'm buying more SIA when I can.

SC has very impressive track record that is the community which keep this coin alive from long time. I also believe in this project it will stay here for long time and consistently they are improving the network. This is good investment for those who have big patience and can wait for few months.

MEGATRON  -  THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION       
                        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER         LAUNCH EVENT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN                 
seven.71

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

live the dream but don't live the dream

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 08:41:41 PM

if I remember SIA, I am reminded of POLONIEX Exchange where SIA Price is very cheap and few people trust this coin and now it looks awesome and I am happy to see it  Kiss  Kiss

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
masulum
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1592

hmph..

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2020, 11:09:57 PM

yes everyone has their own level of confidence in supported coins. Even though decentralized storage is very important in the future, if the Sia team still hasn't made any improvements that could affect coin demand, then the growth that occurs will not mean anything to Sia. remember, decreasing community and miners threaten the trust and weakness of the system.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
litecoingva

in LTC i trust

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 01:21:48 AM

0chain x10 since february, siacoin did 0X.... nobody is talking about siacoin anymore... was happy in 2017 buying the bottom and selling the top... but the hype is gone and i think the project too... have bought again HUUUUGe bags... but its not a profitable investment compared to other project...the siacoin team is no longer hungry... other project are

and dont give argument like BANKERS telling that its a long terme investment... give a look at numbers, filecoin, 0chain are in front of siacoin now... siacoin was the 1st but it doesnt mean that today their are in front.

no official ledger app, not on uniswap,.... skynet? LOL

even digishit that is nothing get more attention and hype and have a bigger community ready to kill their self to promote this shit

@GODofUSD
Pages: « 1 ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 494 495 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: