Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:55:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: is gambling fix your life? or wreck your life?  (Read 164007 times)
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 11:45:31 AM

That’s always happening to those who are not contented of what they won in their game, they want more so they will continue playing instead of withdrawing it. Most of the time, gamblers with that attitude will become a loser in the end. There are I think 1% of them become a winner in the end. So be careful of what you wish for. Always contented of what we already have.
It is because of the adrenaline rush in effect that's why they can not really properly control themselves with spending.
I too have experienced that and only led to losing all the coins that I originally plan to spend (but it's okay since I can bear to lose that much).
That is what we call rage, if rage comes to you for sure you are not going to control your emotion and the proper way of being to your gambling.
And it just tends to lose the money you are holding. I learned from my experience and it just tends that it wrecked my life. So, it is really going to wreck your life if you don't know how to manage your emotion.
Agree, emotions is really one of our enemy when it comes in gambling, but sometimes it also helping us cause of course we can also win, gambling is not always on losing side. There is also a winning side. But always prepare yourself when you lose all your money because of gambling. Because we all know that if we enter gambling there is always a possibility that we can lose money, and accept it so that we can move forward after all.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 05:53:11 PM

It has not taken over my life as I had to put a stop to it or it would have ended my life very early on.
It is hard to stop an addiction but you have to find some else to replace it good or bad. Hopefully good because the other bad addictions will just compile the problem even worst then it already is.
I turned to gambling addiction by switching collecting birds, one of which is the birds love bird. if I continue gambling until today probably would not like it in my life. even now I was using bitcoin wisely. trading is one way to process the bitcoin so that we benefit.
ZlaiaZaia

Activity: 233
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 06:02:21 PM

It has not taken over my life as I had to put a stop to it or it would have ended my life very early on.
It is hard to stop an addiction but you have to find some else to replace it good or bad. Hopefully good because the other bad addictions will just compile the problem even worst then it already is.
I turned to gambling addiction by switching collecting birds, one of which is the birds love bird. if I continue gambling until today probably would not like it in my life. even now I was using bitcoin wisely. trading is one way to process the bitcoin so that we benefit.
Gambling and trade bitcoin on the exchange, are two different things, one of which actually is more profitable and less risky.
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 06:05:31 PM

Gambling and trade bitcoin on the exchange, are two different things, one of which actually is more profitable and less risky.

Both are risky. Both can turn into huge profit fast. But here's the trick: gambling is ONLY about luck; trading can be done with a little bit of strategy too. If you hear about some currencies going down/up before everyone else does, you can become a millionaire overnight.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 06:11:43 PM

Both are risky. Both can turn into huge profit fast. But here's the trick: gambling is ONLY about luck; trading can be done with a little bit of strategy too. If you hear about some currencies going down/up before everyone else does, you can become a millionaire overnight.

Sorry but I have to disagree.
If you talk about slot machines or dicing in terms gambling than I would say you're right.
But gambling is also putting bets on sport games for instance. And for that being successful I can use a lot of statistics which can help me to reduce my losses and picking the right games regarding risk/reward.
Soccer, American Football, Basketball, Icehocky are very good for making nice profits. It's a bit like trading when you know how use technical analysis for charts in combination with fundamentals and can leave out your emotions.
shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 06:24:03 PM

yes both have risks, but the risks in trading safer than gambling. if you have a good strategy, it can reduce the risk. also lost in gambling can be lost in an instant, as compared to trade. when lost, could be an advantage if you patient to wait price recover.

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

newcripto

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 06:26:30 PM

If you play with patience and statistics your chances without any doubt increase always. The problem is people easily loose temper when they are in loosing streaks and jump to recover. When you are in gambling always keep eye on long term as chances to stay in not to through all money in and get busted. Sports betting is something where chances of making money are good. Gambling can make you some money and also can wreck your life but fixing is not seen so far.
fkvidar

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 06:27:10 PM

yes both have risks, but the risks in trading safer than gambling. if you have a good strategy, it can reduce the risk. also lost in gambling can be lost in an instant, as compared to trade. when lost, could be an advantage if you patient to wait price recover.

Yes in trading you always have an opportunity to recover your losses if you have patience as price fluctuations will allow you to do that, but in gambling once you loose you cannot recover it.
Mersedes

Activity: 223

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 06:29:50 PM

What sense to wait for the return of the former high price, if you can earn on the difference in price, yet it before when bitcoin resume its old level.
CloudStrife

Activity: 256

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 06:35:03 PM

Sorry to hear how it can be problematic for some.
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:26:27 AM

What sense to wait for the return of the former high price, if you can earn on the difference in price, yet it before when bitcoin resume its old level.
Trading is a good way to make money but you cannot earn it in the faster way, while in gambling if you are lucky you can easily win money but the big problem is in the long run you will still lose because you will ran out of luck but with trading you will continue to earn when you master it.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:38:11 AM

But there is no really good strategy that can make you profit though, all strategy is only slower your balance from ending too fast though if you keep on playing it agaian. Trading always is much safer though if you only trading your btc to your fiat but to play altcoin i dont think that they you will really get profit because altcoin is unpredictable which is will be the same as gambling. Anyway gambling only lead us to addiction then it will wreck your life if you cant control it
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:09:51 AM

But there is no really good strategy that can make you profit though, all strategy is only slower your balance from ending too fast though if you keep on playing it agaian. Trading always is much safer though if you only trading your btc to your fiat but to play altcoin i dont think that they you will really get profit because altcoin is unpredictable which is will be the same as gambling. Anyway gambling only lead us to addiction then it will wreck your life if you cant control it
That's the problem with people because we always want to fell thrill and make money at the same time. Trading will not give us a thrill but it can give us a great opportunity to make money, we need to have our own priorities in how to make money.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1136

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 07:04:41 AM

That's the problem with people because we always want to fell thrill and make money at the same time. Trading will not give us a thrill but it can give us a great opportunity to make money, we need to have our own priorities in how to make money.

Trading is  better  in any way compared to gambling, it may not give us the chills and the excitement but   learning in trading is worth of our time since it could be developed in future and could make our earnings more  bigger and bigger since we are experienced enough  as the time passes by.

teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 07:31:37 AM

I am agree with this, gambling is more on luck, but trading is more in strategy and analyzing, we also need to know all the companies that are more profitable so that we can choose the right company to invest to.
8Habits

Merit: 294

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 11:27:26 AM

Trading is  better  in any way compared to gambling, it may not give us the chills and the excitement but   learning in trading is worth of our time since it could be developed in future and could make our earnings more  bigger and bigger since we are experienced enough  as the time passes by.

I am really excited to learn how to properly trade. I will definitely learn the fundamentals of trading and its technical aspects really soon. I am now exchanging bitcoin to doge and have some of my coins rented and earned frrom interest. Within this year, I will surely learn trading -gift to my self and my retirement activity at home or wherever I am.
shane

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:40:28 PM

Trading is a good way to make money but you cannot earn it in the faster way, while in gambling if you are lucky you can easily win money but the big problem is in the long run you will still lose because you will ran out of luck but with trading you will continue to earn when you master it.
trade does not depend on luck, this is purely dependent strategy and knowledge. trading is not gambling, playing the long run will be lost. but in the trade the more you play the long run, you will dominate the trade and can get more profits.

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:08:47 PM

Both are definitely define,why?We cannot predict future outcome when your on gambling.If you know how to handle and deal with it them it can fix your life as you want it to be,but if you are too much that you do it above your limits then it can wreck your life.So choose wisely,when we gamble that means we know what were doing and definitely we know of can never wreck your life.

The only wise move in gambling is to just stop when you see you are losing in a streak because that can just wreck you by taking away all your money, beside that there is nothing wise someone can do in gambling to turn it to his side.

It depends on what kind of gambling you are playing. If you are playing luck base game like dice or roulette, there is nothing you can do. But if you play poker or skill base game, then you can use skills to manage your bets and win money.
SidaroffVany

Activity: 240

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:19:00 PM

Trading is  better  in any way compared to gambling, it may not give us the chills and the excitement but   learning in trading is worth of our time since it could be developed in future and could make our earnings more  bigger and bigger since we are experienced enough  as the time passes by.
[/quote] Boys who watched the movie The Wolf of Wall Street may see the reality that if a person makes money and that he likes, even if engaged in selling all sorts of stuff, and if still in addition receives a decent income, it may already be too, as a dependency, or he enjoys very very super.
shane

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:25:01 PM

Both are definitely define,why?We cannot predict future outcome when your on gambling.If you know how to handle and deal with it them it can fix your life as you want it to be,but if you are too much that you do it above your limits then it can wreck your life.So choose wisely,when we gamble that means we know what were doing and definitely we know of can never wreck your life.

The only wise move in gambling is to just stop when you see you are losing in a streak because that can just wreck you by taking away all your money, beside that there is nothing wise someone can do in gambling to turn it to his side.

It depends on what kind of gambling you are playing. If you are playing luck base game like dice or roulette, there is nothing you can do. But if you play poker or skill base game, then you can use skills to manage your bets and win money.

a game that has a house edge that really depends on luck, you can not do much with your strategy.
poker really depends on the strategy, playing forward or play the bully it can be good if you know about it.

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: