Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:45:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mellow Ads - simple, bitcoin advertising. Network/CPM/CPC. Free faucet!  (Read 82498 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 04:22:25 PM

Im not have any purchase domain, but i have a blog
can i be publisher with bloger ?
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sandy95

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 09:45:57 AM

hello sir
my name is tinku i registered for mellow ads
still i am unable to access please check it out
ragi

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 11:35:51 AM

hello sir
Some versions of firefox have problem with mellowads. Chrome too, when you use https.

no.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 06:44:19 PM

Just building up a new site and i will use mellow ads besides a-ads for advertising. i like the daily automatic payout.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 07:56:42 AM

hello sir
Some versions of firefox have problem with mellowads. Chrome too, when you use https.

Weird. I have accessed it with no problems on both FF and Chrome. Never had an issue...

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Scaccomatt0
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

https://cryptoworld.io

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 04:48:43 PM

I'll give a try to advertise  my android app. Waiting for AD approval.

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
               ______
          __███████████████_      █████         █████          █████           █████
       _█████████████████████      █████         █████        █████           █████
     _███████¯¯¯     ¯¯██████       █████         █████      █████           █████
   _██████¯            ¯████¯        █████         █████    █████           █████
  ██████¯                             █████          ██████████            █████
 ██████                               █████          ██████████            █████
 █████                                 █████         ██████████            █████
█████                                  █████          ████████            █████
█████                                  █████           ██████             █████
█████                                  █████           ██████             █████
█████                                  █████           ██████            █████    
█████                                   █████          ██████          █████    
 █████                                  █████          ██████          █████
 ██████                                 █████          ██████        █████
  ██████_                                █████         ██████        █████
   ¯██████_            _████_            █████        ████████       █████
     ¯███████___     __██████            █████      █████  █████     █████
       ¯█████████████████████             █████    █████    █████   █████
          ¯¯███████████████¯               ████████████      ███████████
               ¯¯¯¯¯¯                      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯         ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
|

FAUCET
ICO
ANDROID

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
iawgoM

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 03:15:26 PM

Impressive how some websites click on ads automatically... for example this one:
https://mellowads.com/networkspace/2B7D7A76FA1A

I've got 19 sessions from this website, 15 new visitors, bounce rate 100%, average visit duration 00:00:00! And I'm paying for this?
This is just the worst example. Out of all sessions that came from mellowads, 90% of them are the same - zero seconds visit duration. Mellowads should immediately ban those publishers (I've sent them a whole list of problematic ad spaces by e-mail), not pay them anything + refund all advertisers who had visits from those sites.

As for the legit traffic - I like the numbers, and I plan to use this platform in future, but something must be done with those cunts who click on ads on their own sites hiding behind proxies.
Brad Harrison

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 03:37:17 PM

Impressive how some websites click on ads automatically... for example this one:

I've got 19 sessions from this website, 15 new visitors, bounce rate 100%, average visit duration 00:00:00! And I'm paying for this?
This is just the worst example. Out of all sessions that came from mellowads, 90% of them are the same - zero seconds visit duration. Mellowads should immediately ban those publishers (I've sent them a whole list of problematic ad spaces by e-mail), not pay them anything + refund all advertisers who had visits from those sites.

As for the legit traffic - I like the numbers, and I plan to use this platform in future, but something must be done with those cunts who click on ads on their own sites hiding behind proxies.

It's not even that, they use traffic exchange sites such as https://hitleap.com/, this is why mellowads needs network CPC ads where a legit user will click on a ad and not just it being viewed by a bot

onewiseguy

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:46:41 PM

that is the issue with CPM. CPC would kill these traffic exchanges,
Brad Harrison

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 11:16:34 PM

exactly what I said but baztardo has no plans in adding it, at one point he mentioned it was in the works but that was almost 2 months ago and nothing since

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 11:40:14 PM

exactly what I said but baztardo has no plans in adding it, at one point he mentioned it was in the works but that was almost 2 months ago and nothing since

CPC has been available for well over a month. But this can be gamed, too. Just analyzing traffic is a great way to kill off the traffic exchanges -- it's easy to see where hits are coming from, and there are "workarounds" people use that are pretty obvious as well.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Brad Harrison

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 11:48:45 PM

CPC has been available for well over a month. But this can be gamed, too. Just analyzing traffic is a great way to kill off the traffic exchanges -- it's easy to see where hits are coming from, and there are "workarounds" people use that are pretty obvious as well.

I meant Network CPC Ads, not just per site

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:02:17 AM

I meant Network CPC Ads, not just per site

Ah, yeah, no news about that yet. I figured it was a no-go.

iawgoM

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 07:44:04 AM

I guess I'll just manually buy those ad spaces that are showing me "realistic" traffic and visits... and ignore those with 100% bounce rate and 00:00:00 visit time...
Still, OP should take more care of paying advertisers...
baztardo (OP)

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 01:51:40 PM

Just wanted to reply to a few of the concerns posted above and try to clear them up...

1) Legit/Real vs Fake views/clicks
We already automatically exclude a large number of views and clicks that we deem are fake or highly suspicious.
These include (but are not limited to)...
 a) Views/clicks from people using the TOR network
 b) Views/clicks from sites such as HitLeap - we have a long blacklist of such sites that is kept constantly up to date
 c) Views/clicks from any IP addresses associated with the publisher
So we can assure advertisers that we are actively doing are utmost to ensure that the vast majority of views/clicks are genuine - but of course we will never be able to guarantee 100%.
We already frequently ban publishers who are deliberately breaking these rules - and we will continue to do so, after full investigation of each case.

2) CPC campaigns
We already have direct CPC campaigns. Network CPC (and CPM) campaigns are on our schedule to do, but are not currently top priority as we are not being told there is much demand for this from most advertisers - other than the few requests we have noted on this forum. These will come eventually but even so, will not really make any difference to (1) above - in fact it is probably more likely that publishers might try to fake clicks!

3) @iawgoM - I looked at our logs for the ad space that you mentioned. It seems that a large number of the views and clicks are showing to be from the 'Googlebot' web crawler. This may either be some problem with the Googlebot (repeatedly crawling this site) or could potentially be someone imitating it fraudulently. Either way, you are right that these should not be counting towards the view/click statistics. This will explain your high bounce rate. I have checked and this is the only ad space that has this problem, there are only a total of 7 clicks for all the other ad spaces put together from the 'Googlebot'
There have been no direct CPM or CPC campaigns run against this ad space, so there are no advertisers to refund.
Network campaigns are paid by the day, so are not really relevant here - all it means is that you have received a (relatively small) amount of extra traffic from the Googlebot (or an imitator!).
We have now put in place a system to exclude this type of traffic so hopefully you not see this particular problem going forward.

Mellow Ads - Simple, bitcoin advertising
Get your advert seen by a huge audience - we served over 6.7 billion ad impressions in the last 30 days!
mellowads.com | support@mellowads.com
Brad Harrison

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:19:54 PM

Just wanted to reply to a few of the concerns posted above and try to clear them up...

We already automatically exclude a large number of views and clicks that we deem are fake or highly suspicious.
 b) Views/clicks from sites such as HitLeap - we have a long blacklist of such sites that is kept constantly up to date
So we can assure advertisers that we are actively doing are utmost to ensure that the vast majority of views/clicks are genuine - but of course we will never be able to guarantee 100%.
We already frequently ban publishers who are deliberately breaking these rules - and we will continue to do so, after full investigation of each case.

2) CPC campaigns
We already have direct CPC campaigns. Network CPC (and CPM) campaigns are on our schedule to do, but are not currently top priority as we are not being told there is much demand for this from most advertisers - other than the few requests we have noted on this forum. These will come eventually but even so, will not really make any difference to (1) above - in fact it is probably more likely that publishers might try to fake clicks!

3) @iawgoM - I looked at our logs for the ad space that you mentioned. It seems that a large number of the views and clicks are showing to be from the 'Googlebot' web crawler. This may either be some problem with the Googlebot (repeatedly crawling this site) or could potentially be someone imitating it fraudulently. Either way, you are right that these should not be counting towards the view/click statistics. This will explain your high bounce rate. I have checked and this is the only ad space that has this problem, there are only a total of 7 clicks for all the other ad spaces put together from the 'Googlebot'
There have been no direct CPM or CPC campaigns run against this ad space, so there are no advertisers to refund.
Network campaigns are paid by the day, so are not really relevant here - all it means is that you have received a (relatively small) amount of extra traffic from the Googlebot (or an imitator!).
We have now put in place a system to exclude this type of traffic so hopefully you not see this particular problem going forward.

Faking clicks is a lot more harder/work to do then having fake views done by a bot, simply put in a system that detects fake clicks from proxy/tor/vpns/own publishers IP's and you won't have any issues, but my guess is you like collecting yourself the network fees at the end of the day so it's no hurry for you to change your system

baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 02:37:52 PM

2) CPC campaigns

Faking clicks is a lot more harder/work to do then having fake views done by a bot, simply put in a system that detects fake clicks from proxy/tor/vpns/own publishers IP's and you won't have any issues, but my guess is you like collecting yourself the network fees at the end of the day so it's no hurry for you to change your system

Did you actually read my post? I said that we already have a system that excludes many "fake" views/clicks including those from TOR/own publishers - so these are NOT affecting the stats. This is ALREADY happening and we are constantly improving it.
And I don't understand what the 10% network pool fee has to do with anything. This is roughly averaging $7 per day and is our only income towards the cost of running the service - which I can assure you costs a lot more than $7 per day.

Get your advert seen by a huge audience - we served over 6.7 billion ad impressions in the last 30 days!
Brad Harrison

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:40:59 PM

Did you actually read my post? I said that we already have a system that excludes many "fake" views/clicks including those from TOR/own publishers - so these are NOT affecting the stats. This is ALREADY happening and we are constantly improving it.
And I don't understand what the 10% network pool fee has to do with anything. This is roughly averaging $7 per day and is our only income towards the cost of running the service - which I can assure you costs a lot more than $7 per day.

Well then use that system and implement CPC/CPM network campaigns and stop making up excuses

baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 02:49:18 PM

Well then use that system and implement CPC/CPM network campaigns and stop making up excuses

Nobody is "making up excuses" - I've been completely transparent and honest at all times.
We haven't implemented CPC/CPM network campaigns yet because it is not top priority to us. I know it is to you, but you aren't our only user. As I've said repeatedly, its on our schedule and will be done at the appropriate time.

Brad Harrison

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:51:29 PM

Nobody is "making up excuses" - I've been completely transparent and honest at all times.
We haven't implemented CPC/CPM network campaigns yet because it is not top priority to us. I know it is to you, but you aren't our only user. As I've said repeatedly, its on our schedule and will be done at the appropriate time.

Not important to me at all, I can use bitmedia.io or coinurl to advertise

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: