Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:23:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mellow Ads - simple, bitcoin advertising. Network/CPM/CPC. Free faucet!  (Read 82498 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
baztardo (OP)

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 10:37:32 PM

Any set date yet for when publisher area will be open?

We are working as hard as possible on it right now - hopefully within the next 7 days Smiley

Mellow Ads - Simple, bitcoin advertising
Get your advert seen by a huge audience - we served over 6.7 billion ad impressions in the last 30 days!
mellowads.com | support@mellowads.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
naturelle

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:57:05 PM

Any set date yet for when publisher area will be open?

We are working as hard as possible on it right now - hopefully within the next 7 days Smiley

Awesome to hear, keep up the good work
baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 10:58:44 PM

Hope this all helps Smiley
Yes it helps Smiley
Unique views was something we considered too, but decided to go with unique clicks. People still didn't seem to notice us (or like us) as much as we hoped, but we hope that they WILL notice you. And stop paying the insane fees to other networks for providing absolutely ineffective campaigns for the advertisers. So, we really wish you good luck.

And one more question - are unique views counted on a daily basis or for the whole campaign? For example, I run a campaign 5 days, is the whole campaign supposed to be with unique clicks or every new day the old ip's could be counted again?

Thanks. We've been very happy with the response from advertisers so far, but once we get the publisher stuff done we are hoping it will take off even more. With a larger and more diverse list of publishers, attracting more advertisers and so on Smiley

Things are still not 100% nailed down for the CPM campaigns (as we have decided to give the publisher side of things priority for now) but this is the idea currently - I can't 100% promise this won't change!
For CPM campaigns it will just be total unique views. So if say an advertiser buys 10,000 views for your ad space then they will be displayed in that ad space until their unique view count reaches 10,000 - rotated with any other CPM campaigns that are also running in that space. Depending on the publisher it may take 10 minutes or many days for to you reach that unique view count, during which time you will most likely get a significantly higher number of non-unique views too.
So I suppose they are really CPUM (cost per unique mile) campaigns rather than CPM Smiley

Get your advert seen by a huge audience - we served over 6.7 billion ad impressions in the last 30 days!
naturelle

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 11:03:16 PM

Will publishers also be able to earn per CPC?
adbtc.info

Activity: 266

Cheap and easy advertising

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 06:21:50 AM

For CPM campaigns it will just be total unique views. So if say an advertiser buys 10,000 views for your ad space then they will be displayed in that ad space until their unique view count reaches 10,000 - rotated with any other CPM campaigns that are also running in that space. Depending on the publisher it may take 10 minutes or many days for to you reach that unique view count, during which time you will most likely get a significantly higher number of non-unique views too.
So I suppose they are really CPUM (cost per unique mile) campaigns rather than CPM Smiley
Yes, seems that this is the most fair way to calculate it. It's really kind of CPUM, but that's the only fair way to make the campaigns.
Looking forward for the next good news Smiley

AdBTC.info - Bitcoin advertising network - you set the price, or just advertise for free!
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 06:26:56 AM

Yes, seems that this is the most fair way to calculate it. It's really kind of CPUM, but that's the only fair way to make the campaigns.
Looking forward for the next good news Smiley

I really don't like it being based on uniques. That kills the point of building more views. I deal with some high-end advertising networks and have never had one that only bases it on uniques. That said, they do analyze where traffic comes from (so people faking traffic would obviously be banned).

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
adbtc.info

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 07:23:14 AM

I really don't like it being based on uniques. That kills the point of building more views. I deal with some high-end advertising networks and have never had one that only bases it on uniques. That said, they do analyze where traffic comes from (so people faking traffic would obviously be banned).
Did they say how do they do this? What if I open pages 10 or 50 times, will they ban me even if I was just looking through the site? Which are these "high end" adv. networks, so we know to avoid them lol

AdBTC.info - Bitcoin advertising network - you set the price, or just advertise for free!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 07:41:37 AM

Did they say how do they do this? What if I open pages 10 or 50 times, will they ban me even if I was just looking through the site? Which are these "high end" adv. networks, so we know to avoid them lol

It's easy to see where traffic comes from. And you won't have to avoid them -- if you don't have a successful site, you won't be approached by them regardless, :p.

As for opening a page 10-50x... if the same person is looking at the same 50 pages every single day, that's pretty obvious. If someone comes each day and views 10 different pages, that's normalcy.

Anyways, I was just sharing how the real world works. Though I guess things are a bit different if we're in a sub-sector that is sub-par in terms of quality/traffic.

Edit: some require ComScore tags to be added, which is an easy way for the network to see traffic data, as well as pass it off to advertisers.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
adbtc.info

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 08:44:27 AM

It's easy to see where traffic comes from. And you won't have to avoid them -- if you don't have a successful site, you won't be approached by them regardless, :p.

As for opening a page 10-50x... if the same person is looking at the same 50 pages every single day, that's pretty obvious. If someone comes each day and views 10 different pages, that's normalcy.

Anyways, I was just sharing how the real world works. Though I guess things are a bit different if we're in a sub-sector that is sub-par in terms of quality/traffic.

Edit: some require ComScore tags to be added, which is an easy way for the network to see traffic data, as well as pass it off to advertisers.
Yes it could be partly tracked and controlled, but if it's not completely automatic it would need at least one worker to constantly check the traffic.
The point is, that even if it's automatic (for which you can always argue about the fairnes of the algorithms), for example there are faucet visitors that visit your page 100 times a day and may never be interested in your ad. Multiply them by 100-1000+ and you will just be throwing your money away if you want to advertise for every non-unique view.

I know that's how the real world works now, but why not improve for the better way of advertising? Advertising is very expensive and ineffective today.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 08:46:28 AM

Yes it could be partly tracked and controlled, but if it's not completely automatic it would need at least one worker to constantly check the traffic.
The point is, that even if it's automatic (for which you can always argue about the fairnes of the algorithms), for example there are faucet visitors that visit your page 100 times a day and may never be interested in your ad. Multiply them by 100-1000+ and you will just be throwing your money away if you want to advertise for every non-unique view.

I know that's how the real world works now, but why not improve for the better way of advertising? Advertising is very expensive and ineffective today.

None of these networks would take faucets. Even AdSense will ban faucet owners before they get paid. Completely different animal here. I thought we were talking about actual websites -- not one-page borderline scam sites.

And advertising is still VERY much effective. I don't know where you're getting your data from but it's completely untrue.

1FfmbHfnpaZjKFvyi1okTjJJu

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

Im not 1FfmbHfnpaZjKFvyi1okTjJJusN455paPH

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 08:55:49 AM

if i register what can i do with 0.01BTC promotion ?
can i withdraw t to my xapo wallet ?

or i can't withdraw it before i deposit some amount  Undecided
horace0812

Activity: 70

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 09:23:33 AM

Account ref D365E87ADD7E

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Trade Over 200 Cryptos  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● TUTORIAL: How to earn 1 btc a week  >>
adbtc.info

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 10:07:47 AM

None of these networks would take faucets. Even AdSense will ban faucet owners before they get paid. Completely different animal here. I thought we were talking about actual websites -- not one-page borderline scam sites.

And advertising is still VERY much effective. I don't know where you're getting your data from but it's completely untrue.
The question is where you are getting your data actually Smiley
I talk only facts from sites that I own (not only "scam" faucets), but more importantly you can see that every big faucet has AdSense.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 10:46:22 AM

The question is where you are getting your data actually Smiley
I talk only facts from sites that I own (not only "scam" faucets), but more importantly you can see that every big faucet has AdSense.

They are likely not to get paid much -- they will be audited and will be kicked eventually.

And my data comes from actually being in the advertising/publishing market, :p. Big networks care about exposure, and not clicks. That's why they also do things like commercials (which have no method for evaluating effectiveness of). They just want their brand to be in everyone's head subliminally.

Anyways, I'll accept however Mellow wants to handle it.

baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

We have it on our backlog, but probably just CPM initially Smiley

adbtc.info

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 11:07:44 AM

Big networks care about exposure, and not clicks.
This translates to: big networks care about taking the advertisers money, not how efficient they are.
Anyway, let's not spam this promising thread any more Smiley

baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 11:08:28 AM

Account ref D365E87ADD7E

0.01 BTC credited, thanks Smiley

baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 11:09:36 AM

if i register what can i do with 0.01BTC promotion ?
can i withdraw t to my xapo wallet ?

or i can't withdraw it before i deposit some amount  Undecided

No, you can't withdraw the 0.01 BTC at all.
It can only be used to buy advertising on Mellow Ads.

naturelle

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 11:54:53 AM

We have it on our backlog, but probably just CPM initially Smiley

Fantastic, I cannot wait to become a publisher Smiley
joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 01:12:33 PM

Account ref F44F6ACD15D0
Thanks Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: