Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:26:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mellow Ads - simple, bitcoin advertising. Network/CPM/CPC. Free faucet!  (Read 82498 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
adbtc.info

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Cheap and easy advertising

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 08:45:15 AM

From personal experience I could guess that if they might have performance issues if they make real time tests of some improvements that they prepare (but they should be able to revert this fast). They mentioned advertising by country, and I remember when we tried that we easily overloaded our old server. Whatever it is, just be patient they'll deal with it.

AdBTC.info - Bitcoin advertising network - you set the price, or just advertise for free!
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
baztardo (OP)

Activity: 305

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 11:52:48 AM

We are relieved to say that Mellow Ads is back online again now, after being offline for roughly 18 hours - we've been monitoring it closely since it came back online and all seems to be working correctly again now.

Please accept our apologies for this long downtime, especially so close to the previous problems we had last week with the DoS attack. This time the problems were not DoS related, we had a major malfunction on our database server which caused some of our stats data (used for the performance stats pages) to become badly corrupted. This eventually caused the whole system to lock up as increasing numbers of database queries were failing. Fortunately we have a comprehensive backup system, which meant we have been able to restore everything correctly up to the point of failure. However this has taken a considerable amount of time today due to the way we were storing our backups - this is something we need to work out a solution for that will prevent this long delay in the future.

I will repeat some of the points I made after last weeks problems as they all apply this time too...
  • Please be assured that all accounts/passwords/balances etc are intact - there has been zero loss or exposure of sensitive data or funds.
  • Any CPM and CPC campaigns should just pick up where they left off - while the system was down no views/clicks happened of course.
  • Any Network campaigns that were active have obviously lost some time due to these issues. Therefore we have extended the end date/time for them all by 24 hours to compensate for this. So if for example you started a network campaign on 14th October and paid for 7 days, then it will now run until the 22nd October (instead of the 21st October)
  • Network/campaign/ad space statistics will obviously show lower views and impressions over the last 24 hours

Thanks for your patience and support again!

Mellow Ads - Simple, bitcoin advertising
Get your advert seen by a huge audience - we served over 6.7 billion ad impressions in the last 30 days!
mellowads.com | support@mellowads.com
cazkooo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 11:58:49 AM

Please accept our apologies for this long downtime, especially so close to the previous problems we had last week with the DoS attack. This time the problems were not DoS related, we had a major malfunction on our database server which caused some of our stats data (used for the performance stats pages) to become badly corrupted. This eventually caused the whole system to lock up as increasing numbers of database queries were failing

Does this mean that it is more about database getting feed up because of the traffic burst or about the database maintenance stuff which is not done properly that is why the data become corrupted? Also Im wondering if the website goes offline suddenly , will there be any issue with my ads at the network campaign or it has no effect to my ads?
vodaljepa

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 02:41:01 PM

We are relieved to say that Mellow Ads is back online again now, after being offline for roughly 18 hours - we've been monitoring it closely since it came back online and all seems to be working correctly again now.

Please accept our apologies for this long downtime, especially so close to the previous problems we had last week with the DoS attack. This time the problems were not DoS related, we had a major malfunction on our database server which caused some of our stats data (used for the performance stats pages) to become badly corrupted. This eventually caused the whole system to lock up as increasing numbers of database queries were failing. Fortunately we have a comprehensive backup system, which meant we have been able to restore everything correctly up to the point of failure. However this has taken a considerable amount of time today due to the way we were storing our backups - this is something we need to work out a solution for that will prevent this long delay in the future.

I will repeat some of the points I made after last weeks problems as they all apply this time too...
  • Please be assured that all accounts/passwords/balances etc are intact - there has been zero loss or exposure of sensitive data or funds.
  • Any CPM and CPC campaigns should just pick up where they left off - while the system was down no views/clicks happened of course.
  • Any Network campaigns that were active have obviously lost some time due to these issues. Therefore we have extended the end date/time for them all by 24 hours to compensate for this. So if for example you started a network campaign on 14th October and paid for 7 days, then it will now run until the 22nd October (instead of the 21st October)
  • Network/campaign/ad space statistics will obviously show lower views and impressions over the last 24 hours

Thanks for your patience and support again!

Lets hope this is the end of problems

Hottest Girls On Webcam Naked - Naughty Cams
vodaljepa

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 03:11:01 PM

Not sure if this feature was announced before but looks like you can deposit any coin you want using shapeShift, very nice! Smiley

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 09:42:17 PM

Does this mean that it is more about database getting feed up because of the traffic burst or about the database maintenance stuff which is not done properly that is why the data become corrupted?

This is what I'm wondering. I'm hoping it's the former, because that'd be a great sign, Smiley.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
LitecoinFaucet

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 02:37:15 AM

I know that service accepts only pages that are in the first million in Alexa rank. But is there any option to be adopted if page is beyond the first million in the ranking? Are there any exceptions to this rule?
Brad Harrison

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 02:45:40 AM

I know that service accepts only pages that are in the first million in Alexa rank. But is there any option to be adopted if page is beyond the first million in the ranking? Are there any exceptions to this rule?

No because a lot of spam sites would be submitted

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 07:42:15 AM

1 million = like 350 visitors per day. It's not that hard to get in there with a solid traffic base and a non-spammy site.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
cazkooo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 06:30:21 PM

Does this mean that it is more about database getting feed up because of the traffic burst or about the database maintenance stuff which is not done properly that is why the data become corrupted?

This is what I'm wondering. I'm hoping it's the former, because that'd be a great sign, Smiley.

It is a good sign that the site finally gets more traffic but If it is the former then we will see another burst again maybe tomorrow or today atleast or it should be somewhere near the range,  so far I think everything is quite normal ? The chart shows some increase but it is not really significant so I cant tell really about this
Brad Harrison

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 06:32:17 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2015, 09:02:47 PM by Brad Harrison

Stats seem to have froze and aren't updating
What's the problem now? problems every damn day, I don't know how a advertiser can take this site serious

PS. Stats are updating again

thefaucetrunner

Activity: 714

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 10:56:26 PM

Would be nice to have a block of all the transactions for a day in a neater list than you currently get, or a daily amount - it'd make it easier for accounting purposes.

Apart from that I find the service one of the better networks in the ecosphere, happy to use it!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 11:07:31 PM

Stats are frozen again, this is very frustrating for me as a advertiser!

Can you tell me which stats you are having a problem with?
I have checked and everything is running correctly. Our stats are updated frequently by a background system - this means they are not going to be up the minute (and never have been) - but at worst they might be 30-60 minutes behind.

Get your advert seen by a huge audience - we served over 6.7 billion ad impressions in the last 30 days!
Brad Harrison

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 11:29:14 PM

Stats are frozen again, this is very frustrating for me as a advertiser!

Can you tell me which stats you are having a problem with?
I have checked and everything is running correctly. Our stats are updated frequently by a background system - this means they are not going to be up the minute (and never have been) - but at worst they might be 30-60 minutes behind.

Sorry about that I deleted the post, It ended up being my browser cache
All good now

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:36:02 AM

Would be nice to have a block of all the transactions for a day in a neater list than you currently get, or a daily amount - it'd make it easier for accounting purposes.

Apart from that I find the service one of the better networks in the ecosphere, happy to use it!

I second this. I kind of like individual listings, but a condensed version would help.

vodaljepa

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 03:36:48 AM

Baztardo keep up the great work, I love mellowads!
The traffic is very nice quality

joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 12:25:34 AM

Hi Baztardo,
Cannot withdraw, Insufficient in mellow fund message.
Fyi
baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 01:52:18 AM

Hi Baztardo,
Fyi

There are plenty of funds available in our hot wallet for withdrawal.
What is your account balance and your account ref? (you can get this from the Account Details page)

Note: You cannot withdraw any credit that you have claimed from the faucet - this can only be used for network campaigns.

joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 02:04:08 AM

Hi Baztardo,
Fyi

What is your account balance and your account ref? (you can get this from the Account Details page)

Note: You cannot withdraw any credit that you have claimed from the faucet - this can only be used for network campaigns.

Sorry I'm wrong, I tried to withdraw all and it says I have insufficient fund.
Yeah, I think because of the faucet credit.
All good now. Thanks

btw, It means you cannot use the "Withdraw All" option if you have faucet credit.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 02:15:42 AM

Hi Baztardo,
Fyi

Sorry I'm wrong, I tried to withdraw all and it says I have insufficient fund.
Yeah, I think because of the faucet credit.
All good now. Thanks

btw, It means you cannot use the "Withdraw All" option if you have faucet credit.

Yeah, I'd like to request this get altered to where it only inputs all of what you can withdraw. Makes things easier.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: