Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:44:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach kids about Bitcoin?  (Read 111784 times)
Cyaren

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 06:02:03 AM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?

I guess if you really want a child to get involved with BTC you should let them experiment with it themselves. Don't give them bitcoins. Instead, don't give them allowances for the week and let them earn bitcoins themselves.

I think that's a good solution.
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 08:35:40 AM

I think that it is very important to teach kids about how to manage their own money, when they grow up. And bitcoin is a very good gateway to do exactly that, since bitcoin is without a central bank. They'll learn more about the economy.

I think the best way to teach kids about bitcoin is to give their allowances in BTC. Then they'll figure out how the whole system works.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2016, 02:53:24 PM

I think that it is very important to teach kids about how to manage their own money, when they grow up. And bitcoin is a very good gateway to do exactly that, since bitcoin is without a central bank. They'll learn more about the economy.

I think the best way to teach kids about bitcoin is to give their allowances in BTC. Then they'll figure out how the whole system works.

You could also tell them about this forum, and that they could earn some pocket money by enrolling in signature campaigns... Oh, wait, somebody has probably already told them, given how terribly the quality of posts degraded recently, lol

marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 03:01:56 PM

In my opinion, i would not teach my child in bitcoin or i would not teach them about it. Because they were a child that playing is their prioritize only so il wait them grow up and ask me how to earn money here. And then thats the signal that i need to start to teach them here about bitcoin.
pianomasta

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 03:54:29 PM

You could also tell them about this forum, and that they could earn some pocket money by enrolling in signature campaigns... Oh, wait, somebody has probably already told them, given how terribly the quality of posts degraded recently, lol
i doubt that small kids should be on this forum because they still dont know much about money

i would just tell my kids that it is the future of all the money that we will soon use every day
23dzmaz

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 04:03:24 PM

You can give your kids a toy that have a logo or a image like bitcoin, so it's make the kids curious and start asking you about bitcoin. You can also tell them that your father is earn money from bitcoin.
devil11

Activity: 398

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 04:28:46 PM

You can give your kids a toy that have a logo or a image like bitcoin, so it's make the kids curious and start asking you about bitcoin. You can also tell them that your father is earn money from bitcoin.

Its a kind of funny teaching. But your suggestion is not so bad. You are right that kids are very curious about anything in their near. They asked about every new thing they discover or see. So your idea is very good. Smiley
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 04:33:52 PM

Well I think its pretty difficult to learn the bitcoin to kids, depending on their age of course.
The best thing in my eyes is making a sort of guide game with the bitcoin explaining as its main subject.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2016, 05:07:46 PM

i doubt that small kids should be on this forum because they still dont know much about money

Money makes the mare go, so they should be well-motivated

coin_gambler

Activity: 462

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 05:19:12 PM

Well I think its pretty difficult to learn the bitcoin to kids, depending on their age of course.
The best thing in my eyes is making a sort of guide game with the bitcoin explaining as its main subject.
yeah it would really hard to teach kids about bitcoins as they would be really little

i wouldnt bother too much about it and i would surely better tell the about it when they are more grown up

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 05:30:44 PM

First of all I'm interested in age of kids whom you wish to tell about bitcoins. If it is a teenager - well, then ok, it would be a nice variant of making money to them, but if it's children garden child -I don't see the reason to teach him or her about bitcoin, it's just wasting of time.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 05:48:57 PM

First of all I'm interested in age of kids whom you wish to tell about bitcoins. If it is a teenager - well, then ok, it would be a nice variant of making money to them, but if it's children garden child -I don't see the reason to teach him or her about bitcoin, it's just wasting of time.
Honestly in that age we know they are always playing they are only want is to play or to be addicted in a game like dota  or league of legends..
Its very hard to teach them because they don't want it but depends if the kids are advance learner..
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 05:55:51 PM

I think its hard to teach them about bitcoin but if there's a game accepting bitcoin as payment maybe they can understand it easily.. i am waiting for league of legends to accept bitcoin as payment.. so that i can teach my child..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
azeminjo09

Activity: 249

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 09:50:01 PM

Let them play games for BTC, there are many games like that. They're fun and kids love games.. so they may get interested into btc
newcoins1978

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 11:23:55 PM

Teaching children can be done easy depending on the target you are focusing, what people already said can work in my eyes.
The fact to make a sort of game to explain them the bitcoin is in my eyes a pretty good idea.
benjidaimio

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 08:26:10 AM

I don't think kids can't grasp basic concepts to understand Bitcoin such as decentralization and a open sourced nature, no to mention p2p protocol.. etc. They can grasp the idea of money itself as a means to get stuff, but beyond that is too difficult to explain. They wouldn't get it, just like they wouldn't get how fractional reserve works, etc.

Depends on how do you present this information to a kid. You can leave out all unnecessary and complicated details; it's enough for a child to know just a very basis.
If the kid is able to understand that fiat currencies are established and controlled by governments as the main store of value, then it'll be easy for him (or her) to understand the fact that some people decided to create their own money, indepented from governments, and empowered them with value too.

Dwelach

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 08:41:53 AM

i dont think it is very nessecery to teach kids about bitcoins because you have to teach them first some things about gold because kids cant handle so many money so it is better to teach them about the bitcoin at a older age.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 03:46:02 PM

I agree it would be really hard to teach children about the Bitcoin and I also do not think that they would have the patient to to pay attention to it. So I would not even bother by trying to teach them.
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 03:48:33 PM

I agree it would be really hard to teach children about the Bitcoin and I also do not think that they would have the patient to to pay attention to it. So I would not even bother by trying to teach them.

Yeah it will waste our time for sure, it would be better if we invest that time in earning bitcoin, as I don't kids would really interested in earning at this early stage.
Piltover

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 04:42:03 PM

This could be a good tool to get some attraction indeed but I still think it will not be enough honestly for the bitcoin itself
We need a better tactic for this to achieve better results.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: