Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:44:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach kids about Bitcoin?  (Read 111784 times)
trimulia

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 12:06:28 PM

I don't understand for what purpose children are taught about bitcon and I think it is higher chance to be scam rather than in fiat, more over if this is done by kids.

conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:15:01 PM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?
I think the best way to learn is to practice. I think we should show them the way we use Bitcoin and then give them some, they will learn themselves. In addition, Even an adult (maybe) doesn't know Bitcoin well so that if you kids learn bout Bitcoin slowly, that's normal, be patient with them and you will see the result, it could take a while for them to learn. Good luck with your teaching Wink
- Teaching children about bitcoin is probably good for their future, but that's just our thinking, you also understand that adults have difficulty in understanding Bitcoin, children are not mature enough and lack knowledge, they will face more difficulties, sometimes they will be very headache when they try to understand bitcoin. So I do not know you teach them, it's you help them or you are influencing their development, perhaps you are harming them is more, the best is that you should let them have space to grow and a suitable life for them

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
robbietobby

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:26:45 PM

I think its not advisable to teach kids and dwell in their minds that using bitcoin is a colloquially available at their young age. Cause they might lose interest in studying and all they concern is the payout. Also, it is not for them to study and learn the lessons on how to produce and manage money but to develop themselves first. However, I believe this is just applicable in our country, how about yours?
yohaneshs

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:01:38 PM

Oh come on dude, the kids need a time with the family, if you trade bitcoin and your kids do the same. Your family will "feel dark" together if read bad news about crypto coins. just kidding

In my opinion, one of a reasons your kids don't need learn bitcoin because his mind full of fantasy and funny things. So don't destroy your kids with money and business.

Time is a dangerous thing if you're wrong use it because it's can't be rollback.
halenephthys

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:10:43 PM

It will be really boring and hard to understand even for older people when talk about bitcoin the usual way. I guess we should make it more interesting. Teach them through games and such. Make a challenge and reward them with food or gifts. Or any way to get their attention. Also, because they are still kids, we should just teach them the basics. The foundation. Having a good foundation will help them in the long run.

We should not pressure them. If they are meant to be involved here then they will make their on way in the future. Our only job is to introduce it to them. They are still the one to decide.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   NTOK   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (https://ntok.io)
Ninmag

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:18:14 PM

it would be a bit hard to teach kids about bitcoin.
Because they still want to have fun and do not want to think hard to understand.
Chances are if they are teenagers they will be interested to know what bitcoin is. Because bitcoin can help the economy and as a means of investment for the future.
Neerajkumar

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:30:46 PM

It's a bit hard task to teach kids about bitcoin as many young or elder people are still unaware about bitcoin.Kids love playing and eating whatever they like so if we indulge small small knowledge in these activities than it would work and the kids might learn something about bitcoin.
Akupuniard

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 04:48:59 PM

I don't understand for what purpose children are taught about bitcon and I think it is higher chance to be scam rather than in fiat, more over if this is done by kids.

Making them more smarter and also engage to work and create something better. Bitcoin is not just an asset like most people think it's revolution.

hshr0h3110world

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:01:42 PM

An early development and early mind setting is important in this kind of idea. While it is true that kids nowadays are hard to motivate or push into learning, maybe it's just because of the way of upbringing them. Try to link them to books at an early stage. Teach them in a progressive manner and avoid putting some pressure on it if possible so they wouldn't lose the interest into learning. And to have some experience with money handling while enjoying, try some games with it, maybe monopoly. Train them with how to deal and trade at an early stage and never cease the eagerness in helping them to develop their skills.
last7minutes

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:09:55 AM

Kids is want to play games i think children is dont want to earn money the only want of kids is to buy anything that thing is very cool for children and that he know he can play that toy or what!

We can use toy for them to know about bitcoin, i mean we can connect their toys for them to know more about bitcoin, it is always depends on the situation and on how we teach our child.

I like this idea very much! You can also show them a cartoon about Bitcoin or a small video explaining what it is. Here is the video where the lady explains what BTC is for a girl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYip_Vuv8J0
alyssaxx

Activity: 193

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:10:04 PM

I think it's not time for them to study bitcoin, right now they should study and go to school and enjoy the childhood they have. They will not stay as a child that's why we should not take it away from them to enjoy every moment of it. There's a right time and age for them to be exposed in bitcoin.
Semar Mesem

Activity: 1484
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:22:53 AM

Yes it is true, the child is difficult or not to be interested in transasksi or investment, when the child is better to teach the character and caring attitude than to teach bitcoin, when they are teenagers maybe we will teach bitcoin.

Sendah

Activity: 143
Merit: 10

delicia - Decentralized Global Food Network

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:12:21 AM

Yes it is true, the child is difficult or not to be interested in transasksi or investment, when the child is better to teach the character and caring attitude than to teach bitcoin, when they are teenagers maybe we will teach bitcoin.

Teen ager is the best time to teach them. Because in that age they can actually care about their future and there is a possibility for them to be serious in bitcoin.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    delicia | delicia.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Global Food Network | World's Only Solution to Food Wastage | Join Whitelist Now, Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Whitepaper | Telegram | Medium | Twitter | FB | ANN    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SnapDown22

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:28:28 AM

The goal for children is that they know about this knowledge. we would not know if the bitcoin in front of it shines or not. when children get their knowledge from small when they are big they can be more active in learning because when the children have gained basic knowledge
mcqueen95

Activity: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:30:39 PM

As a parents, you should spend time teaching your kids about the importance of money and how to spend it wisely. it may not be easy to teach kids how to be financially responsible from an early age, but you can commit if you adhere to a very strict process. in a world of reckless lending,financial bankruptcy and government bailouts, it comes down to the internet's most famous currency. in the long-run, this could help them manage their money with a lot more responsibility. sadly, cryptocurrency is a domain that only the savviest can understand. However, 10 years from now today's 15-year olds will know everything there is about trading bitcoin.
Dinomoves

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:17:00 PM

In my opinion, no need to rush to teach them about, just allow them to play or do what they want to do that suits in their age. Its not bad to teach them now about bitcoin, But it takes to long for them to understand, just tell about it by bit by bit.

♦ taucoin.io       │       THE ACTIVE UNIT       │       taucoin.io ♦
Finnsimon

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:30:30 PM

Just like abc's and 123, if they heard many times it will register to their minds until they will memorized. So try to compose ah song that tells about bitcoin or make a story about it, and tell it repeatedly until they will slowly understand it as they grows.
resty

Activity: 501
Merit: 147

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:29:40 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 02:43:13 AM by resty

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?

Your idea was great for it will benefit the kids in terms of money management, this seems reasonable but as an elderly, you just guide them to avoid such addiction for there is money involve here. Also, you must make sure that their education will be their priority.
You probably change my stand about teaching Bitcoin to kids for I thought it will only bring negative results. This seems the best way of introducing Bitcoin to these young ones. Good thing they can be aware with these but with proper guidance.
FoBoT

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:33:14 PM

The Kids are too curious to know what is inside the engine if you let them. It can only be good if we teach them the introduction and elementary understanding of Bitcoin aspects alone, but hide how to generate or earn from Bitcoin so that they will not be distracted if they get to know how to be earning on line, but until they are matured.
playful69

Activity: 78

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:50:42 PM

teaching children about money is one of the most important lessons a parent can give. but what most parents haven't prepared for their eight-year old asking: "mommy what's bitcoin?".
This question is likely to send most parents into an internet search frenzy, but unfortunately it's one area Google can't help you with.
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: