Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:01:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach kids about Bitcoin?  (Read 111783 times)
lichnikkk

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:57:30 PM

We should tell children about technology, not about bitcoins

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:45:59 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 05:53:25 AM by Epimetheus

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?
I think kids should be left on their own as they don't like talking about finance n all, and also it's the age of playing with toys and dolls and not for making money. So it's time to gradually build the financial intelligence in them, which you can do by the help of some games with hidden knowledge of finance and economics.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:16:21 PM

I think the best good idea to teach kid about bitcoin is show the advantages and how to earn and the uses of bitcoin. But its not easy to teach kids because they don't understand well about bitcoin. But the best way to teach kids about bitcoin is i would read them some research about bitcoin and explain to them, so that they put in their minds. Give more patience and spend  more time to explain to kids about bitcoin.
The best way to teach kids about this profitable and future currency of world is by starting bitcoin as course into the school that will develop skill and understandings in them and show them the market critics in some sort of game activity so that they take it as an interesting subject and this will surely make a clear mindset in them that inn future they are going to work in it is more profitable than other fields.
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:01:31 PM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?
I think kids should be left on their own as they don't like talking about finance n all, and also it's the age of playing with toys and dolls and not for making money.
Left them on their own ways it lead them to nothing by giving the discipline to live so that they can choose what is good and what is not good for them and in my views future will be all about bitcoin so why no to teach kids about this valuable coin so that they can clearly make a mindset that they will adopt this field because this will benefit them more and schools must take initiative to do this,
Kr8os

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 09:24:17 PM

Hm... is there really a need to? Personal opinion, but I think children should enjoy being a little ignorant about finances until they hit puberty. That's not to say to spoil them and buy them everything they want. Give them $5 and let them decide how to wisely spend it at a store, but in terms of Cryptocurrency where there is a lot of money involved, unless they are really hyped up and interested in it, I say put it off until they're able to get a job.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:46:57 PM

Hm... is there really a need to? Personal opinion, but I think children should enjoy being a little ignorant about finances until they hit puberty. That's not to say to spoil them and buy them everything they want. Give them $5 and let them decide how to wisely spend it at a store, but in terms of Cryptocurrency where there is a lot of money involved, unless they are really hyped up and interested in it, I say put it off until they're able to get a job.

I totally agree with you, I think we need to teach a category of children and not all children. Some big kids in their teens can be introduced but even with them it should be about the usage of Bitcoin and some technicalities without stressing on how to make money from it yet.
Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:15:53 PM

I think it's better for children to play and fill the day with fun things, I'm not suggesting to introduce bitcoin because bitcoin is too complicated for children, if it's time when teenagers may be new we can introduce bitcoin.
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:42:04 AM

Kids can be taught about bitcoins with reference to gold as how we buy gold and store it and sell when prices are high. This should work for the trading aspect, while using bitcoins as online money can be taught much easily because kids today are very much into technology and internet. They can understand the concept of Digital money quite easily because they are still in learning stage and thus will grasp easily.
I think trading and investing is a serious thing and should not be learn by kids because they are still young and their interest is not yet on serious things. They can be taught but the question is, will their interest will remain in bitcoin?
In my opinion, it is really a good idea to tell our kids about this concept of crypto currency and bitcoin. It is not necessary to tell them all the complex things related to bitcoin, but we can give them a basic introduction about bitcoin. This will help them in knowing well about bitcoin. We can teach them using visual assistance as kids learn more things by looking at the things instead of telling them verbally.
Mr. Legendaris

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:17:23 PM

We must be psychological kids, they will be happy with something interesting, and most kids really like visuals like videos or games, I think the easiest way is we introduce bitcoin via video or games on their smartphone.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

yanlap

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:47:14 PM

Kids can be taught about bitcoins with reference to gold as how we buy gold and store it and sell when prices are high. This should work for the trading aspect, while using bitcoins as online money can be taught much easily because kids today are very much into technology and internet. They can understand the concept of Digital money quite easily because they are still in learning stage and thus will grasp easily.
I think trading and investing is a serious thing and should not be learn by kids because they are still young and their interest is not yet on serious things. They can be taught but the question is, will their interest will remain in bitcoin?
For sure the trading and the investing is not a joke but our kids are our future so it is the best thing and the best time to teach our children about the bitcoin, I think the mind of the kids is more sharper than the elders and they are able to clear the thing more easily than the elders. It is easy o tell them the importance of the bitcoin and the income of the bitcoin will be able to give us the high income indeed.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:37:03 PM

In my opinion, it is really a good idea to tell our kids about this concept of crypto currency and bitcoin. It is not necessary to tell them all the complex things related to bitcoin, but we can give them a basic introduction about bitcoin. This will help them in knowing well about bitcoin. We can teach them using visual assistance as kids learn more things by looking at the things instead of telling them verbally.
And I think it is a wrong move for parents on letting their children introduce technology and internet at an early stage. This is one major setback for people who want to teach their kids about Bitcoin they are way to distracted on the screens of their mobile phones and computers that it is hard for you or any other parent to teach them new things outside of the four walls of the classroom. There will be no guarantee that the kids will even have interest about Bitcoin in the first place.
Zero.X

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 08:26:04 PM

I don't think it's really necessary to teach kids about Bitcoin. If they have a genuine interest in it, you should probably team them about basic economics first, then stocks and bonds, then investment trading, and finally Bitcoin.
Pendularin

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:04:03 PM

well kids like to play, so something that can bring together bitcoin and gaming

like puzzle that when solved reveal a private key for example

it is important that kids start to learn early some basic economy, at least something about income and expenditure

i heard about a new law for some countries that will make it possible(to teach them basic economy) in schools

Yeah, they like to play but they don't like puzzles.

We also need to get their interest first before we could possibly teach them about bitcoin.
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:28:06 PM

it is important that kids start to learn early some basic economy, at least something about income and expenditure

i heard about a new law for some countries that will make it possible(to teach them basic economy) in schools

I think I teach them like adults, because if we teach them Bitcoin is like a toy then when they grow up they will feel cheated,
so let's just know Bitcoin like they've grown up ..

thet

Activity: 322
Merit: 110

elysian.finance

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:58:20 PM

Teaching is not an easy thing. Teaching a child about bitcoin may depend upon the age level of a child. When the child is about 10 and above it will be much easier for us to show them the value of BTC. Child now are more capable of handling things especially in the computer. Child now are more technical and knows how to browse in the internet.

Maybe by showing some chart and doing some explanation will work out and explaining them the importance of savings will be better.

hh4mmm

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:50:20 AM

yes this sound so interesting about how to teach kids about bitcoin, in my own point of view or perspicuity i think introducing it as a subject in school or course in school will making them have a basic knowledge on bitcoin, as the they advanced in class the more they go deep in btc by so doing before passing out higher institution maybe some may decides or choose to study btc in school as a course of study. by so doing we have advanced them about btc and it won't be new to them again since they have gain the knowledge earlier. although depends on the kids if they are smart based on internet it will be very easy for them too.
slackcryptoz

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:54:50 AM

Yeah, they like to play but they don't like puzzles.

We also need to get their interest first before we could possibly teach them about bitcoin.
Yes, that's true. Initially need to understand whether the kids are interested in learning or knowing about bitcoin. In my thinking it's good to teach them about the technology rather the ways of earning. In the future blockchain technology will be making lots of innovation similar to bitcoin, so they can be a contributor.
Budugbass

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:20:36 AM

I think for kids who are under the age of 17, it's still not worth to knowing bitcoin because it really needs more adult thinking to recognize it I guess.. as well as some of the benefits that can gained from bitcoin itself. If I think to teach kids about bitcoin, if he/her really want to know.. well for me maybe I just tell to him/her that bitcoin is a digital currency for adults who can make a money.
Oo ako to

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:32:30 AM

Maybe after they turn 12-13, they need to learn the basic fundamentals of bitcoin. I'm against it if parents will teach btc if they are younger than those ages. And also, we don't need to force them to know it because I'm sure that in the future that bitcoin will be one of the basic needs of a single person just like money.
benjamin11

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:45:48 AM

Well kids are naturally playful, so you have to make it interesting to them. You can teach them about bitcoin using a game to catch their attention. But it would be very difficult because adult dont understand bitcoin very well, so how much more with kids. It would be challenging.
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: