Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:06:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Holding Bitcoin a long time good way to make money?  (Read 368850 times)
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 08:07:24 PM

Yeah sure holding your bitcoin for long time is good way to make a good profit because bitcoin is really more increasing its price in coming few months and people are buying bitcoin and then holding it for future.
SmartIphone
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 08:12:28 PM

OP is comparing the profit for 100 bitcoins which are not easy to achieve, it depends how much can you afford losing if you hold this amount.
But if you go and hold for a long time then you will have a huge profit or a huge loss, it depends how much you trust the bitcoin.
0day

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Hire me for your campaign management.

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 08:43:04 PM

Ofcourse, as you can see the prove that bitcoin value got increased.
But for me, I will keep hold it until next halving 2019 since bitcoin getting greater than other well known investment such as gold

Yeah that is really a genius decision to hold for a few years more as bitcoin is a much better and effective investment and every person who have good knowledge about bitcoin believe that yes the price of bitcoin is going to increase and will continuously increase further in the coming months and years.

Hire me for your campaign management
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1127

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 03:37:00 AM

But for me, I will keep hold it until next halving 2019 since bitcoin getting greater than other well known investment such as gold

Yeah that is really a genius decision to hold for a few years more as bitcoin is a much better and effective investment and every person who have good knowledge about bitcoin believe that yes the price of bitcoin is going to increase and will continuously increase further in the coming months and years.

Most of us here on this forum  expect and hoping on the same thing which is  bitcoins price would go high  on upcoming years and we really love to see it since  it would  surely give  us  profits  when that thing happens. Holding  bitcoin would be  also a good long term investment and  also  in short term. Its really up to you.

vurasasog

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 08:50:08 AM

Most of us here on this forum  expect and hoping on the same thing which is  bitcoins price would go high  on upcoming years and we really love to see it since  it would  surely give  us  profits  when that thing happens. Holding  bitcoin would be  also a good long term investment and  also  in short term. Its really up to you.

I think the bitcoin will be higher in the coming years. That is the reason why I still keep the bitcoins I bought several years ago.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1255

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 10:57:48 AM

most people are predicting about bitcoin in the future will have a high price. I am also sure of it. in the future growth of bitcoin will be very big. we will reach the highest price in the future, so it really is very good if you hold bitcoin for the long term. but if you only make money this way, at least you should hold in large amounts.
i just afraid people optimism about bitcoin turn to a high dissapointment.
don't put too high expectation to anything or you will hurt.
although i'm personally still have a faith to bitcoin price will still go up.
i just hold a little amount bitcoin only for my long term investment , and so far so good.

people will always come up with insanely high price predictions. it's mainly because of how it was back in the days where it was going up and down like 50% once in a month. they think bitcoin is still in the same phase right now. they don't realize that there is much more money needed to get the price to go up compared to years ago.

This statement is very true.  This is one of the problem of those people who don't understand the reality of bitcoin value and the needed demand to increase a single dollar to bitcoin price.  I totally agree that it needs more money to increase the value of bitcoin than it was before.  So i can say the higher the bitcoin price is the bigger  demand it needs thus slowing the growth  of bitcoin price.  I can say that holding bitcoin won't guarantee you a huge profit even if you hold it in a very long time.
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 02:04:10 PM

It's very easy to say that, but the reality mostly turns out to be different. Especially when the price goes up to very high levels in a matter of months. People will get tempted to sell their coins in order to secure profits. That's how it always has been. Only the most solid holders will be able to do so.
and the peoples who have a lot of money and can afford their loses when the price fall,
but I think this is reality of bitcoin. if people sell their coins when price goes high then price again come down. and they again buy coins and it continues. this is the beauty of bitcoin. everyone can get profit everytime.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 02:37:55 PM

most people are predicting about bitcoin in the future will have a high price. I am also sure of it. in the future growth of bitcoin will be very big. we will reach the highest price in the future, so it really is very good if you hold bitcoin for the long term. but if you only make money this way, at least you should hold in large amounts.
i just afraid people optimism about bitcoin turn to a high dissapointment.
don't put too high expectation to anything or you will hurt.
although i'm personally still have a faith to bitcoin price will still go up.
i just hold a little amount bitcoin only for my long term investment , and so far so good.

people will always come up with insanely high price predictions. it's mainly because of how it was back in the days where it was going up and down like 50% once in a month. they think bitcoin is still in the same phase right now. they don't realize that there is much more money needed to get the price to go up compared to years ago.
there is no harm actually to make a prediction how much bitcoin price will be.
but when it comes to something real action like you invested thousands dollar.
because you believe within a year the price will get doubled.
but instead the price doubled they just losing half value of total money invested , it's pretty hurt.
separate you money to invest in bitcoin , and you are good to go to hold bitcoin for long time.
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 04:12:20 PM

Bitcoin is a great investment but even the best investments can lose money if your timing is wrong, if you bought when bitcoin was 1000+ then even now you are still in problems if you timed your exit right you secured a good profit, so while bitcoin is in my opinion the investment of the century, you still need to use your common sense.

Absolutely you are right, in trading right time decision give you profit, otherwise the good chance never come back again, also it doesn't matter what you have coins enough or less, i am talking about the right moment, and only one moment give you profit, and if you left it so it has clear mean you should have to wait, and may be the time never come back.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
traderbit

Activity: 798

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2016, 04:18:20 PM

Bitcoin is a great investment but even the best investments can lose money if your timing is wrong, if you bought when bitcoin was 1000+ then even now you are still in problems if you timed your exit right you secured a good profit, so while bitcoin is in my opinion the investment of the century, you still need to use your common sense.

Absolutely you are right, in trading right time decision give you profit, otherwise the good chance never come back again, also it doesn't matter what you have coins enough or less, i am talking about the right moment, and only one moment give you profit, and if you left it so it has clear mean you should have to wait, and may be the time never come back.
well with bitcoin it is not like that. this thing won't apply in bitcoin. I am saying this because what I see so far in bitcoin that is bitcoin is full of chances.. it is good that if you get benefit of first chance. but if by chance someone miss a chance it doesn't mean he should not join bitcoin anymore. he can still join bitcoin and can get enter to the bot.

KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 06:43:30 PM

its really too good way that hold your bitcoin for long time for making profit and i also hold my all bitcoin and until wait for increase its price to higher and bitcoin is really going to increase its price to higher too much faster so it good way to hold bitcoin for long time.
abugseuf

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 04:47:53 AM

Yeah sure holding your bitcoin for long time is good way to make a good profit because bitcoin is really more increasing its price in coming few months and people are buying bitcoin and then holding it for future.
yes i am also in favour of long term investment, long term investment is less risky as compare to short term investment, in long term investment you can make a good profit with out any fear and you will not even think about the small ups and dumps but will be waiting patiently for a long time with out any fear.
Universat

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 07:10:23 AM

yes it is a fact and i also like long term investment but in fact every one has their own choice and nature of trading, some people like short term investment and they have good experience in it while some people like long term investment and they have also good experience in it.
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 07:15:04 AM

yes i am also in favour of long term investment, long term investment is less risky as compare to short term investment, in long term investment you can make a good profit with out any fear and you will not even think about the small ups and dumps but will be waiting patiently for a long time with out any fear.
Long term invesment is good for the investor have patient to wait that the price increase. Maybe more investors want easy money so they go for short term investment. But they do not know that the short term is risky for them. Many investor are take risk by going short term if their need money. They have no patient to wait.
Icathia

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 07:58:32 AM

However, isn't the value of bitcoin almost always going to go up so its best to hold it?

In theory it should being a deflationary currency, but it all depends on supply and demand.

I know last year it was $600 and the highest was when it was more than $1000 per bitcoin.  But since it is all the way down to $200-$300, isn't having bitcoin always good? 

Again, in theory the halving should push the value up but that also depends on what the demand for coins is like.
Could bitcoin go all the way to 0 soon? 

It could go to zero or less than $100 but probably wont anytime soon and hopefully never.

In general, isn't holding BTC always a good thing since the price of it is pretty low now?  Obviously if you bought btc at $600 or $1000 and thought it would went up and held on to your btc, that would been a disaster.  But since its in the $200-$300 range, isn't having BTC always good?

The price is very low and bitcoin hasn't reached even a small percentage of it's potential so the potential for it to rise dramatically or go back to around $1000 is very good in my opinion though we may need patience.
Holding bitcoins on a long time is not good for the price of the bitcoin but it can be profitable for you but i dont know wich amount you bought them for you know that is really important.
bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 08:15:57 AM

Yes holding bitcoin gives alot of profit if you do it right. Right now it's not such a good source of income because price was quite stable and nowadays it's going downwards again maybe wait till it reach its lowest point then buy them and wait to go up.
phreaky

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 01:58:12 PM

Bitcoin holding is a good way to make money but a better way would be to get even more bitcoin because holding bitcoin doesnt generate bitcoin it just generates profit from the bitcoin which goes up so if you have multiple then its multiple profit.
Johnyloco

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 02:00:07 PM

As you can see the coin is stable for the moment. That's because everyone is just holding their coins because
he is not rising that much. But that is the mistake everybody makes if we hold our coins that long
the price will only fall so spent your coins not all of them but a couple or invest you will see the price growing day by day.
Adaleon

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 11:23:19 PM

If you are holding long enough, I'm pretty sure you will make some good profit but of course you also need some luck with doing this, I think the bitcoin is profitable on a long term and that its possible for sure.
You only need the patient and wait on the right moment to sell when you are on that one moment.
Altcoinmoney

Activity: 344

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 08:14:28 AM

I dont think it is very clever to hold your bitcoins for such a long time becuase if you dont do anything with your coins the value wont change and doubling coins is easy with tradings.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: