Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:21:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tell me your predictions about Bitcoin  (Read 234778 times)
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 07:21:58 PM

There was big talk about bitcoin becoming mainstream in 2015, but I don't think it's going to be at the very least 3 years before bitcoin goes mainstream like Wikipedia did 10 or so years ago. New things take time to adapt and as far as an open-source technology like bitcoin and blockchain is concerned, it will take a long time still until people can trust the digital currency and be confident the currency will not collapse. By then the price will probably be quite high.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 05:13:31 AM

There was big talk about bitcoin becoming mainstream in 2015, but I don't think it's going to be at the very least 3 years before bitcoin goes mainstream like Wikipedia did 10 or so years ago. New things take time to adapt and as far as an open-source technology like bitcoin and blockchain is concerned, it will take a long time still until people can trust the digital currency and be confident the currency will not collapse. By then the price will probably be quite high.

I think a few things which will attract new bitcoin users for us to lead better mass adoption would be more successful business ventures either related to bitcoin or rather big companies accepting bitcoin, that would make good news in the press. Further would be success stories of people who did great after buying bitcoin, attracting more people to join in for personal gains. Then, we show them the bigger picture, the world which does not limit to us, and the truest potential of block chain technology, making these bitcoin users into bitcoin soldiers, and they fight for the bitcoin community against fiat, screw the banks. GO SPECULATE!
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 06:14:32 AM

before 2015 ends bitcoin price will rise to $320
Tstar
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

Decentralized Asset Management Platform

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 06:17:04 AM

I think a few things which will attract new bitcoin users for us to lead better mass adoption would be more successful business ventures either related to bitcoin or rather big companies accepting bitcoin, that would make good news in the press. Further would be success stories of people who did great after buying bitcoin, attracting more people to join in for personal gains. Then, we show them the bigger picture, the world which does not limit to us, and the truest potential of block chain technology, making these bitcoin users into bitcoin soldiers, and they fight for the bitcoin community against fiat, screw the banks. GO SPECULATE!
I guess oyu re speaking for 2100 ... as of now its not even 0.1% of the total population interested in bitcoin,but i do agree with your opinions and wouldnt neglect the fact that bitcoin is more vulnerable than fiat currency.

███████████████████████████
████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄██████
███████████████████████████
.COOK.
     Decentralized Asset Management Platform     
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
          ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀█████▄▄
███████████████▄▄█▀██████

█████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀███████▀███▄█
█████████████████████▀███▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▀█████████████▀█████████▀▀▀
       ██ ▀█▀ ▄██
       ▀██▄ ▄███▀
        ▀▀████▀▀
✔  Accessible
✔  Secure
✔  Transparent
elisa9825

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 06:23:04 AM

Agree! More ppl buy and use bitcoin, the higher chance bitcoin's price will move up. The time will show this. Let's be patient to hold bitcoin! Grin
flock123

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 06:43:46 AM

My prediction in 2016
bitcoin prices will start rising again, perhaps this time the price deliberately scaled bitcoin bitcoin spread that amount is reduced so that the price can increase
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 12:46:22 AM

Yes, Bitcoin is quite far from mainstream adoption. Even educated, (reasonably) net-savvy people might not have heard of Bitcoin right now. I have tried explaining Bitcoin's principle to a lot of people. Most of them have never heard of Bitcoin before. I think at the next block reward halving (2020), you will have fewer bitcoins, mass adoption and an amazing price.  Grin
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 01:14:20 AM

Well, I think that bitcoin will be replaced by a system that doesn't allow huge mining facilities to centralize the action.  I predict that this will happen before 2018.  Looking at some of the cryptographical ideas from developers such as Sunny King, I believe a more efficient, decentralized, stakeholder controlled environment is needed to get a wider market for the technology.  The PPC/NBT/NSR system is probably the most brilliant, yet unrecognized, system out there today and I speculate that it will be a huge contender for the market by, at latest, 2020.

You had to ask. Grin
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 01:43:04 AM

My predictions is that during this process of waiting for the bitcoin split which is sooner then we think.

After that hurdle it would be great, depending on the outcome of people who dont mind for the split. And then the true growth will start since it can handle more transaction times.

Kingno.1

Activity: 243

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 05:53:38 AM

As per my predictions about bitcoin is i am a novice about technically what will happen , I can tell that in coming days Bitcoins won die, but it will become more and more strong and that day not far when whole world will accept bitcoin as payment. and about the price that will be fluctuating as their are players who gamble or trade so accordingly it will go.
faridkifly

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 01:09:35 AM

i guess bitcoin in the future will become global currency
and i hope the rate in the future is high.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 04:50:09 AM

Yes, Bitcoin is quite far from mainstream adoption. Even educated, (reasonably) net-savvy people might not have heard of Bitcoin right now. I have tried explaining Bitcoin's principle to a lot of people. Most of them have never heard of Bitcoin before. I think at the next block reward halving (2020), you will have fewer bitcoins, mass adoption and an amazing price.  Grin

There's a difference miles apart between educated and net-savvy people, a lot of highly educated individuals do not comprehend to the continously changing technology, and a lot of tech savvy people are often uneducated and lack a couple skills which had potential to be sharpened. About Bitcoin, I used to talk about it often, way often but realized that bitcoin could only be successful if marketed well. Imagine one of the best reporters and analysts talking positive about bitcoin twice-thrice a week! BTCBTCBTCBTCBTC Cheesy
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 05:06:09 AM

I think that the technology connected with bitcoin will have a brilliant future ahead. The technicians tell that have disruptive power for to many other actual technologies. As for bitcoin as a currency I wish the same future because this connection and because was the first specie of this kind of currency.
irfan01

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 06:03:49 AM

in 2016 the price will be higher because bitcoin bitcoin can be used by the general public, that my predictions
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 06:18:41 AM

Why would a goverment drop its own currency and re[lace it with bitcoin?

Will never happen. Bitcoin is a very "rigid" currency and as such unable to be subject of monetary policies. On the contrary bitcoin is seen from many Central Banks of various countries as a big risk for their currencies (understood as for their monetary policies) and as such seen with high doubt or even banned.
zero01

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:37:17 AM

I think, bitcoin prices in 2016 will decrease due to the emergence of new coins that will exceed bitcoin
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:40:55 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2015, 01:46:57 PM by btccashacc

I think, bitcoin prices in 2016 will decrease due to the emergence of new coins that will exceed bitcoin
in 2016 we will hit 500$ i sure it
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:52:34 AM

i hope we can hit something better than a mere 500, which was feasible this year at least in theory

if by the end of 2016 we are still at 500 something went utterly wrong, it seems that many cannot still consider how a joke the marketcap of bitcoin is, at the moment...
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:51:29 AM

I think that 2016 will be a year of Bitcoin. This never ending bear market has to come to an end. Also, the block size debate should be ended and I hope successfully. Of course, we have a well awaited halving that will take place in a middle of the year.

I also expect that even more money will be poured into Bitcoin ecosystem, there included a VC money as well. Add to this long awaited Gemini and ETFs and we have much to hope for.

Of course, let's hope that we won't have any more big dramas like hacked exchanges, etc, otherwise all these positive things will have little influence.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:53:41 PM

i hope we can hit something better than a mere 500, which was feasible this year at least in theory

if by the end of 2016 we are still at 500 something went utterly wrong, it seems that many cannot still consider how a joke the marketcap of bitcoin is, at the moment...

I also want something bigger than 500, at least 4 figures after halving and after the blcoksize debate has been solved, but make no mistake, big and fast raises usually come with big corrections, but yeah I hope we can have a 4 figure floor soon, everything else feels like poverty. Bitcoin doesn't deserve anything that isn't a 4 figures minimum. It's so damn underrated, it pisses me off how dumb people are by not moving all of their fiat on Bitcoin already.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: