Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:47:07 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why have Bitcoin instead of cash?  (Read 246121 times)
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 12:14:26 AM

Bitcoin is better than cash though in my country byitcoin is not that quite known so it needs more time before people here become educated in this things. If they would just know that BTC is easy to handle and easy to use, and can send payment or money in the whole world. for sure they will use this at once. Cheesy
cash today becoming obsolete because of the less sophisticated and simple. digital currencies are preferred at this time to do shopping and so forth. but I'm not sure bitcoin could overtake it
delliaerd

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 12:56:09 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2017, 01:09:51 AM by delliaerd

Bitcoin is better than cash though in my country byitcoin is not that quite known so it needs more time before people here become educated in this things. If they would just know that BTC is easy to handle and easy to use, and can send payment or money in the whole world. for sure they will use this at once. Cheesy
cash today becoming obsolete because of the less sophisticated and simple. digital currencies are preferred at this time to do shopping and so forth. but I'm not sure bitcoin could overtake it
Cash is not so simple. when we buy or sell something, we need to give exchange money. Using cash can transmit dangerous diseases because direct contact with the skin, although the probability is very small. bitcoin only need the internet, with the development and advancement of technology today, I think bitcoin will not have a lot of obstacles.
Just Wait the more advancement if technology, bitcoin will more popular than now.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 01:55:51 AM

Cash is not so simple. when we buy or sell something, we need to give exchange money. Using cash can transmit dangerous diseases because direct contact with the skin, although the probability is very small. bitcoin only need the internet, with the development and advancement of technology today, I think bitcoin will not have a lot of obstacles.
Just Wait the more advancement if technology, bitcoin will more popular than now.
And of course because bitcoin is more convenient than cash, in bitcoin you don't need to count your change and of course it has fast transaction while cash can be taken from you anywhere or worst at gunpoint. And what thing that I love is while the price of the goods and services remains the value of bitcoin can rise from time to time with that you can save more.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 11:33:35 AM

Because if you are unbanked or at risk to become, then bitcoin is one of the few way to protect yourself from the troubles it can get you.
Not being able to use a bank account is not something pleasant and make the daily life quite difficult sometimes. For unbanked, usually one of their solutions are prepaid cards but usually fees are quite high and limits quite slow. Or they need to go visit any social workers to get help, but some people refuse to take such actions because they want to keep their dignity, wich i can understand

In addition to the above problems with fiat, the local cash can be stolen or thief on gun point. No one can steal your bitcoins unless you give your private key to someone. You also don't have to rely on banks to save your money in case of bitcoins. Bitcoin are automatically saved in wallets with no threat of being lost.

If someone is going to point a gun to my head, he can surely do stuffs on my phone and get my bitcoins. There's a scannable QR code, so the thief only have to take out his phone as well and use your phone to scan his code to copy the bitcoin address. It would take just a couple of moments as well.

It's basically the same thing as you taking out your wallet (taking out your phone), and then handing him your fiat money (scanning his QR code and then sending all your coins).

The thieves would just adopt the the situation when bitcoin is the primary currency that we're using.

(Oh, if you're going to point out that your bitcoin wallet is not on your phone, then you must have fiat in you. The fiat would be stolen instead. At the end of the day, no matter what currency you have, you're going to get robbed if you're meant to get robbed.)

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 11:43:54 AM

Why have Bitcoin instead of cash?

Bitcoin and cash is two different currency. While cash we used it in physical transaction like in fiat, bitcoin is for online transactions. In transacting online it is better to used bitcoin because  it is safe,reliable,fast and lower transaction charges. Also it is very convenient since you can do it with your mobile phones anytime, anywhere.
sir.humus

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 01:14:50 PM

Also, there are no chargebacks
Once bitcoins have been sent, they’re gone. A person who has sent bitcoins cannot try to retrieve them without the recipient’s consent. This makes it difficult to commit the kind of fraud that we often see with credit cards, in which people make a purchase and then contact the credit card company to make a chargeback, effectively reversing the transaction.
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 07:10:23 PM

Because it is very secured and safe than cash. The number one things important for us is the security, once the the people find out that their thing was secured no doubt that will tell and share this to their closest friend and love ones. Aside from that Bitcoin has many advantages to use compare to cash.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2017, 07:53:43 PM

Once bitcoins have been sent, they’re gone. A person who has sent bitcoins cannot try to retrieve them without the recipient’s consent. This makes it difficult to commit the kind of fraud that we often see with credit cards, in which people make a purchase and then contact the credit card company to make a chargeback, effectively reversing the transaction

This is not so simple

Once I requested a chargeback myself when I hadn't received a parcel from the seller. I got my money back eventually, but I had to prove that I first really paid the money and then that I didn't receive my order. It took somewhere about two weeks all in all, though I don't think it will be an easy job if you wanted to unlawfully return your money (i.e. receive your order and charge back)

Babayega31

Activity: 630

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 11:45:06 PM

Bitcoin has more advantages rather than cash in terms of transactions of money transfer, it has fast services offered instead of fiat cash. But the whole worlds population was still using fiat cash currency and its very popular by people who spend most of fiat cash, I would rather prefer bitcoin if we have an option using it in the future.

mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 11:54:14 PM

Because it is very secured and safe than cash. The number one things important for us is the security, once the the people find out that their thing was secured no doubt that will tell and share this to their closest friend and love ones. Aside from that Bitcoin has many advantages to use compare to cash.
of course, if you use the cash it easily lost or damaged because you save them, but it also easily stolen cash. while digital will not likely be damaged. and very safe. That's why bitcoin digital form
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1162

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 06:36:18 AM

I don't think that people only use it because bitcoin is more secured than cash. You know we have a lot of ways in this time to secured our money. First of all best way to safe the money in the Bank. But i am agree with you second point that bitcoin give us many advantages to use and gain profit and make life easy than cash.   

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Rostadom

Activity: 713
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 10:24:43 AM

Once bitcoins have been sent, they’re gone. A person who has sent bitcoins cannot try to retrieve them without the recipient’s consent. This makes it difficult to commit the kind of fraud that we often see with credit cards, in which people make a purchase and then contact the credit card company to make a chargeback, effectively reversing the transaction

This is not so simple

Once I requested a chargeback myself when I hadn't received a parcel from the seller. I got my money back eventually, but I had to prove that I first really paid the money and then that I didn't receive my order. It took somewhere about two weeks all in all, though I don't think it will be an easy job if you wanted to unlawfully return your money (i.e. receive your order and charge back)

I think he's thinking that fiat services = Paypal services. Paypal has their charge back feature being spammed every single day but mostly that only happens with digital goods. Physical goods when shipped to you require a signature, thus, doing a charge back with a physical good that you actually received and claiming that you didn't receive the item would be a waste of time.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 02:33:45 PM

I don't think that people only use it because bitcoin is more secured than cash. You know we have a lot of ways in this time to secured our money. First of all best way to safe the money in the Bank. But i am agree with you second point that bitcoin give us many advantages to use and gain profit and make life easy than cash.   

Yeah! Security is one of the great reason but not the most prominent ones. It is indeed possible to secure any type of money if corrective measures are taken! But still Bitcoin has clear edge over cash in sense of anonymity offer, decentralized (no boss, I am the owner of my money) and low fees. Such features define Bitcoin as newest form of money.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 04:34:28 PM

bitcoin itself is secure and legit. but what to do with those sites, wallets, exchange's accounts which can get hacked anytime. bitcoin it self is secure but the sites are not safe. this place is full of scammers and cheaters, always be careful and use high security and authentication for your wallets.
rivoke
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 04:46:01 PM

With bitcoin, the fee will be cheaper compare if you're using WU service
With bitcoin, the transaction will be process faster around the world compare if you're using fiat /cash

Etaurith

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 11:54:03 AM

Because Bitcoin is safer then cash.
You can't get robbed from your Bitcoin.
Pro Gamers

Activity: 700

morir es descansar

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 12:06:29 PM

i believe the first thing that comes into mind of someone is because bitcoin has a value and can be used to pay things. the second is that it is more convenient than going out with cash.
ChronoLite

Activity: 840

www.guestcrew.com

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 01:01:47 PM

No. You ever heard about Bitfinex got hacked and more than BTC20.000 gone? . Either Bitcoin and Cash have a chance for get robbed and hacked. For avoid this we must increase our security, at least you have some protection.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓     
            ▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
        ▓██▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
      ▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓ 
    ▓█▓▓█▓              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓
  ░█▓▓▓░      ░░░░░▓▓▓▓█▓░░░▓▓▓▓█░
  █▓▓▓▓      ██████▓▓█▓     ░▓ ░█▓▓▓▓
░█▓▓▓▓    ░███░    ▓█▓     ▓█░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓█▓▓▓█░    ░░▓░    ▓▓     ██▓ ▓█▓▓▓▓▓
░█▓▓▓▓▓▓░      ░  ░▓    ▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓  ░█▓▓█▓ ░▓▓▓█░
    ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░  ░▓▓░ ░▓▓▓█▓
      ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░░░░▓█▓▓█▓ 
        ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓▓██▓ 
           ▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓   
             ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       
                  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
GuestCrew||||||ICO Now!
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 03:44:17 PM

No. You ever heard about Bitfinex got hacked and more than BTC20.000 gone? . Either Bitcoin and Cash have a chance for get robbed and hacked. For avoid this we must increase our security, at least you have some protection.

There's no "some protection" other than the antiVirus that you have on your computer. It would be much better if you're not going to save your private keys or your seeds electronically. You should just write it down on a paper.

I think what's better to say is that you can't get your bitcoins robbed/hacked if it weren't in an online wallet. Using an online wallet would mean risking your coins. Hackers might not be targeting you in particular, but the exchanger site or the online wallet site that you've been using might be their next target. You'll never know.

But again even if your private keys or your seeds are just written down on a paper, you can still get robbed if someone finds it. In other words, there would always be a chance of you getting robbed simply because your private keys is saved/written somewhere in this world.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Sanekavg13

Activity: 285

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 05:35:32 PM

Yes, you are right, the danger is everywhere.
Fraudsters can take your wallet, and hackers to hack your account.
You should always be careful.
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: