Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:56:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we limit the number of active loans per user?
No. As long as he is paying.
Yes, max 1 active loan per user.
Yes, max 2 active loans per user.
Yes, max 3 active loans per user.
Yes, max 5 active loans per user.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BTCJam - Peer to Peer Bitcoin Lending  (Read 204914 times)
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 09:01:53 PM

You are right: I am "stupid" for expecting a site to deliver on what they say they will do.  I am also "stupid" for expecting them to answer PM/email questions about problems with my account.  And most of all I am "stupid" for posting my thoughts on a public forum where know-it-all clowns feel the need to insult everyone who dares to post a complaint.

And no, allowing users to contact other users does not create a legal liability.  As it stands now, BTCJam protects scammers.  Frankly, I don't think they care as long as they get their 1% cut.

The great thing about the internet is you don't like it, you can start your own Wink Maybe cause you hate so much they don't like you LOL cause they answer all my questions when I have ones.

Also they are giving you other users information which is a privacy thing and they can get sued if someone really wanted too. So you should totally read the laws just saying before making bold stupid statements.

Also they never promised anything, they were exploring it you idiot read the post.

Your just mad cause some scammer out smarted you and you thought you were going to get a payday like me Smiley It is ok dude, just take some butthurt lube and have fun with your remaining bitcoins LMAO

Also this "Know-it-all-clown" would post complaints right there with you, if there was actually things to complain about, but there isn't. Think it as this way, would you be complaining if you went to a job board and did a job and the dude stiffed you. You wouldn't blame the job board, it is the same situation.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2013, 09:28:01 PM

I have a simple question:  If BTCJam is never going to use the information then why do they collect it?  If they are never going to use it against deadbeats then what is the pupose in collecting it?

At least when I make my own loans I get the information so I can go after the deadbeats who do not pay.

Making my own loans directly is looking better and better.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 09:52:56 PM

I have a simple question:  If BTCJam is never going to use the information then why do they collect it?  If they are never going to use it against deadbeats then what is the pupose in collecting it?

I can only make a guess that one day that they will be able to use that information against people who default. But they never promoted themselves as a way to "collect from default" they are just a tool to make investing easier and matching easier so I don't know why people think they should be doing all this extra stuff?
boonies4u

Activity: 826

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 10:06:46 PM

At least when I make my own loans I get the information so I can go after the deadbeats who do not pay.

The idea is that they can't make another account with a high 'credit score'. Unless of course they have stolen identities.
ThaddeusB

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 02:58:44 AM

You are right: I am "stupid" for expecting a site to deliver on what they say they will do.  I am also "stupid" for expecting them to answer PM/email questions about problems with my account.  And most of all I am "stupid" for posting my thoughts on a public forum where know-it-all clowns feel the need to insult everyone who dares to post a complaint.

And no, allowing users to contact other users does not create a legal liability.  As it stands now, BTCJam protects scammers.  Frankly, I don't think they care as long as they get their 1% cut.

The great thing about the internet is you don't like it, you can start your own Wink Maybe cause you hate so much they don't like you LOL cause they answer all my questions when I have ones.

Also they are giving you other users information which is a privacy thing and they can get sued if someone really wanted too. So you should totally read the laws just saying before making bold stupid statements.

Also they never promised anything, they were exploring it you idiot read the post.

Your just mad cause some scammer out smarted you and you thought you were going to get a payday like me Smiley It is ok dude, just take some butthurt lube and have fun with your remaining bitcoins LMAO

Also this "Know-it-all-clown" would post complaints right there with you, if there was actually things to complain about, but there isn't. Think it as this way, would you be complaining if you went to a job board and did a job and the dude stiffed you. You wouldn't blame the job board, it is the same situation.

Thanks for proving my point about you being a know-it-all clown.... 
-Allowing someone to email another user, whcih is the only thing I asked for, is not a violation of privacy under any US law.
-Under US law, sharing people's name/address/etc. is perfectly OK as well as long as the person agrees to it (when they sign up for example)
-BTCJam isn't even an American company, so our privacy laws don't apply anyway.
-I have emailed and PMed them 4 times regarding fixing my phone number and they never respond.  Numerous other comments have not been acknowledged.
-I haven't complained "so much" or at all before 2 days ago.
-My complaints have nothing to do with losing money, but rather the piss poor customer service BTCjam offers, and what appear to be outright lies.  It does not take 4+ months to figure out if you can make credit reports or not.  The "working on it" is a lie: they eitehr never tried or were rejected and don't want to admit it.

6 errors in one post, impressive, even for a clueless know-it-all.
ThaddeusB

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 03:00:16 AM

I'm pretty sure I didn't receive the payment from this loan: https://btcjam.com/listings/1252

Also, it would be nice if there was an easy way to review past payments (instead of just future ones).
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 04:30:36 AM

And I am the clown we will break this down for the slow people in this thread...

-Allowing someone to email another user, whcih is the only thing I asked for, is not a violation of privacy under any US law.

They will have to get permission, from that person to share and it is a violation of privacy law ask a lawyer

-Under US law, sharing people's name/address/etc. is perfectly OK as well as long as the person agrees to it (when they sign up for example)

They have to get permission which they didn't and that makes it illegal act (I have a lawyer and I have asked him about this before talking out my ass which you do)

Actually they do have servers in the USA, and they say they are using the USA laws.

-I have emailed and PMed them 4 times regarding fixing my phone number and they never respond.  Numerous other comments have not been acknowledged.

WHY THEY GOING TO REPONSE TO SOMEONE THAT IS blasting there service and talking all this shit. What a clown you are.

You been complaining you were talking shit when other people were talking shit and I prove them all wrong as well, with the facts not whiney bitchiness.

-My complaints have nothing to do with losing money, but rather the piss poor customer service BTCjam offers, and what appear to be outright lies.  It does not take 4+ months to figure out if you can make credit reports or not.  The "working on it" is a lie: they eitehr never tried or were rejected and don't want to admit it.

Your first complain was why don't they give me the docs they have, just shut up no one gives a shit about you, your annoying stupid 12yr.

Where are my 6 errors? Cause I pretty sure I just showed how you were wrong

I glad you lost a lot of bitcoin maybe you will leave the community so people like me can move forward with out proving stupid people wrong.
yellowdog213

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 04:31:28 AM

There are now two loans in which I have not received my payments but the site says that the loans have been repaid.
https://btcjam.com/listings/1241 and https://btcjam.com/listings/1252
I have seen other members with these same complaints.
What is wrong with the site in terms of this and will it be fixed soon?
cosmicone

Activity: 105

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 04:34:03 AM

Pretty cool site... did my first two investments, and both were paid back with interest.  I guess as long as you consider only playing with money you intend to lose, it's all good.. in this case, it worked, just build up some slush incase I get scammed later down the road.
CaptChadd

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 01:31:54 PM

BTCJam, the two payments I made on my loans are still not showing up. Could you look into this for me?

Thanks.
Tulkas (OP)

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

Founder, BTCJAM

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2013, 03:10:00 PM

We can legally handle user information to collection agencies, and we will do so as soon as we get our deal running.

The document verification process prevents scammers to have multiple high scored verified accounts, we have several good payers with a good track record, also some scammers are being casted out because to open another good scored account they will need to commit identity theft.

We have all this process streamlined for the convenience of the lenders, also with us you can spread the risk and crowdsource the loans in a way if one borrower defaults it will only be a small part of your portfolio.

BTCJAM - Peer to Peer Bitcoin Lending
https://btcjam.com
Bemtje

Activity: 78

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 03:19:42 PM

We can legally handle user information to collection agencies, and we will do so as soon as we get our deal running.

Will collection agencies actually do something about bitcoin defaulters?
Tulkas (OP)

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

Founder, BTCJAM

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2013, 04:30:11 PM

There are now two loans in which I have not received my payments but the site says that the loans have been repaid.

This happened with 3 listings due the wallet problem. The listing 1252 was actually payed today, the listing 1241 was not, the listing status is now corrected, can you verify at your payment calendar please?

BTCJAM - Peer to Peer Bitcoin Lending
https://btcjam.com
Bemtje

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 05:37:21 PM

https://btcjam.com/my_account/investments

This page hasn't been working for me now since the site came back online. Makes it really annoying to manage my outstanding investments. I get this error everytime I visit it:

We're sorry, but something went wrong.

Something must have gone wrong....
Charles Bass

Activity: 118

Owner of Empire Hotels

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 06:01:32 PM

https://btcjam.com/my_account/investments

This page hasn't been working for me now since the site came back online. Makes it really annoying to manage my outstanding investments. I get this error everytime I visit it:

We're sorry, but something went wrong.

Thats the error i am talking about since days!
Bemtje

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 06:09:15 PM

Mine seems to be working fine....  Undecided
yellowdog213

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 06:38:13 PM

This happened with 3 listings due the wallet problem. The listing 1252 was actually payed today, the listing 1241 was not, the listing status is now corrected, can you verify at your payment calendar please?

Yes, everything is back to normal now. Thank you very much for all your time and hard work during the past couple days!!!
ThaddeusB

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 03:43:29 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2013, 03:56:33 AM by ThaddeusB

And I am the clown we will break this down for the slow people in this thread...

They will have to get permission, from that person to share and it is a violation of privacy law ask a lawyer

They have to get permission which they didn't and that makes it illegal act (I have a lawyer and I have asked him about this before talking out my ass which you do)

Actually they do have servers in the USA, and they say they are using the USA laws.

WHY THEY GOING TO REPONSE TO SOMEONE THAT IS blasting there service and talking all this shit. What a clown you are.

You been complaining you were talking shit when other people were talking shit and I prove them all wrong as well, with the facts not whiney bitchiness.

Your first complain was why don't they give me the docs they have, just shut up no one gives a shit about you, your annoying stupid 12yr.

Where are my 6 errors? Cause I pretty sure I just showed how you were wrong

I glad you lost a lot of bitcoin maybe you will leave the community so people like me can move forward with out proving stupid people wrong.

You are right, you obviously know the facts about MY situation better than I do.  So clearly when you make a dumb assumption and I say it is wrong, that means I am mistaken about my own situation.  It's absolutely amazing how incredibly gifted you are...  Get real dude.

Keep kissing BTCjam's ass.  I'm sure you won't even notice the foul taste since its the same thing that already comes out of your mouth.

P.S. If you actually care to check the facts (yah right), you will see you either misread what I wrote (and "responded" to a claim I didn't make) or are flat out wrong on every point.
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 04:39:19 AM

You are right, you obviously know the facts about MY situation better than I do.  So clearly when you make a dumb assumption and I say it is wrong, that means I am mistaken about my own situation.  It's absolutely amazing how incredibly gifted you are...  Get real dude.

Keep kissing BTCjam's ass.  I'm sure you won't even notice the foul taste since its the same thing that already comes out of your mouth.

P.S. If you actually care to check the facts (yah right), you will see you either misread what I wrote (and "responded" to a claim I didn't make) or are flat out wrong on every point.

Then prove me wrong, show me I am wrong Please do that what you should be doing instead of whining about my ego HAHAHAHAHA. Your situation is the same as everyone else that whines about it, you loaned bitcoins to a scammer and now your mad cause you lost your bitcoins. People that just rant like that and never state facts are always wrong, and what you going to say that my lawyer is wrong OK. Dude you obviously didn't want to admit when your wrong but it is ok.

I will kiss BTCJams on the lips, I make good money from it and I am happy to loan and get good returns on my investments. They deserve praise for a great service. That will only become better with time, by there post today.
ThaddeusB

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 05:07:59 AM

Then prove me wrong, show me I am wrong Please do that what you should be doing instead of whining about my ego HAHAHAHAHA. Your situation is the same as everyone else that whines about it, you loaned bitcoins to a scammer and now your mad cause you lost your bitcoins. People that just rant like that and never state facts are always wrong, and what you going to say that my lawyer is wrong OK. Dude you obviously didn't want to admit when your wrong but it is ok.

I will kiss BTCJams on the lips, I make good money from it and I am happy to loan and get good returns on my investments. They deserve praise for a great service. That will only become better with time, by there post today.

I can't prove I didn't lose money, as it is impossible to prove a negative.  However, I know it is true.  In any case it is not relevant to my comments whether I lost 10000 bitcoins or made 10000.  The only reason it is even being discussed is because you made stupid assumptions and insist they are right even though you have absolutely no way to know the real facts.

Once again, if you look at the first post I made you will see I wasn't "asking for docs", complaining about losing "lots of bitcoins", or doing any of the other shit you've imagined.  What I was actually doing was responding to someone else's complaint and telling them not to expect anything from BTCjam as they clearly won't be doing anything despite their claims to the contrary.  The only thing I have ever complained about is BTCJam's customer service, which is pathetic, and their never ending "we're working on it" claims.  Of course reading comprehension is not your strong point as you've made clear over and over again. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: