Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:25:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever  (Read 270078 times)
quentincole32

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:21:40 AM

"If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness"
this is make sense,but not mean bitcoin will easy and have short time to go to that price,its hard to believe for some people,so with me.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:27:33 AM

i have to buy and hold some bitcoin when the price of $400, and i will sell when $1000. although I know it's old, but I believe in 2016 we would touch $1000 Smiley

nice prediction for 2016
now bitcoin price $450 and my bitcoin sold at $410 and im very sad >_<
i hope i can earning more and hold it for future

I just follow my feelings and I hope that my feeling is true that we would go back to touch $1000 in 2016.
I do not know whether the current price rises because news about the issue Satoshi Nakamoto or other.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:38:39 AM

You should actually sell your bitcoin to keep the ball rolling. Bitcoin wouldn't have any value as well if it weren't for the fiat money. In fact the reason why bitcoin is somehow accepted by some merchants is because of its value to which these merchants can exchange these coins into fiat. If you aren't using you bitcoin to buy stuff of exchange it to fiat then you won't be helping its economy to run.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
zivone

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:42:45 AM

You should never sell your bitcoins now, you'll regret it soon when the price reach $1000.  Grin
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:48:17 AM

Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

The kinds of responses on that thread reveal a deep misunderstanding of bitcoin and the current monetary system in many of those who are speculating. Let's consider the scenario in which bitcoin reaches $1000 or let's say $10,000 per bitcoin. Many have said they will cash out if bitcoin reaches this point. Why??

If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness via a hyperinflation type scenario and bitcoin is the safe haven, which if you know anything about the current monetary systems of the world, you know this is inevitable. (there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero) Why would you then sell all of your sound money (Bitcoin) for a bunch of fiat money that is inevitably becoming worthless? I don't understand the logic in doing that.

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive. Why convert your paper fiat currency into sound value storing superior bitcoin, only to sell all of your superior bitcoin back for worthless antiquated fiat currency again? Why not just spend the bitcoin itself to buy what you want instead of taking a loss by converting back into dollars which will inflate away eventually anyway?

Well. People like me like to live in the moment, so I would definitely sell my Bitcoin when the price is very high. I don't really sell my Bitcoin, I just spend it when I want to.
sakira

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 07:03:07 AM

You should never sell your bitcoins now, you'll regret it soon when the price reach $1000.  Grin

I am also waiting for the price reached $1000, but if I already get profit I will sell it. for $1,000 may still long.
steveds
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 07:39:02 AM

Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

The kinds of responses on that thread reveal a deep misunderstanding of bitcoin and the current monetary system in many of those who are speculating. Let's consider the scenario in which bitcoin reaches $1000 or let's say $10,000 per bitcoin. Many have said they will cash out if bitcoin reaches this point. Why??

If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness via a hyperinflation type scenario and bitcoin is the safe haven, which if you know anything about the current monetary systems of the world, you know this is inevitable. (there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero) Why would you then sell all of your sound money (Bitcoin) for a bunch of fiat money that is inevitably becoming worthless? I don't understand the logic in doing that.

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive. Why convert your paper fiat currency into sound value storing superior bitcoin, only to sell all of your superior bitcoin back for worthless antiquated fiat currency again? Why not just spend the bitcoin itself to buy what you want instead of taking a loss by converting back into dollars which will inflate away eventually anyway?

Well. People like me like to live in the moment, so I would definitely sell my Bitcoin when the price is very high. I don't really sell my Bitcoin, I just spend it when I want to.
probably right ,there is no good reason to spend bitcoins for our basic livelihood/needs or things which could be fulfilled with our job or fiat. It is basically an asset or an investment with a hope to get into mainstream or to attain a significantly larger market capital some day in the future.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 07:57:40 AM

"If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness"
this is make sense,but not mean bitcoin will easy and have short time to go to that price,its hard to believe for some people,so with me.

at 10k per coin, i would still not call for adoption, it's only 25x what we have now, which mean a marketcap of 150B or around that

not enough for adoption, we need 1T and this can only occur with 60k per bitcoin or more, very far away if you ask me

this does not mean that we should wait that time for selling though
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 07:21:26 PM

Currently, bitcoin is more of an asset than a currency. You can't use it in many places. If you keep bitcoin, you only hold it's value. You're not holding official money. Sell high, wait, Buy low. That's how you profit. If you never sell your bitcoin, sure, the prices will go astronomically high, but at some time, it's going to start dropping. Fast. Just like the $1200 to $200 drop. Only on a bigger magnitude.
Hashminers

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 07:34:23 PM

Today was good to sell bitcoin so I don't know why you never sell it.
You can earn money and buy bitcoin again. For me holding is a good choice so I don't have that much of bitcoin so I prefer collecting more.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 07:53:05 PM

I've bought my humble share at $230 so I really don't like to buy more unless it drops below $300. I prefer to earn it organically and reach my first Bitcoin soon. After that I think I'll aim for a nice number like 2.1 BTC (not 21 BTC, that's just too much for me hehe).

However I don't think I'll eve sell it unless it really goes to the moon (more than 10k, more than 100k? one can only dream!). Cashing out at $1000 like many of you plan to do won't achieve much in my opinion unless you have a huge amount.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 08:26:33 PM

I will never sell all my bitcoins, but when the price is quite high, why not. Inmost cases the price will go back again which gives me an oppertunity to buy some cheap coins again.
sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 09:16:21 PM

My share has increased a lot when it was lot. But I sold a lot of bitcoins in the 330 area. A bad decision by me.
Therefore I decided to sell my other coins just when the price has reached 1k Wink
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 10:33:33 PM

You must sell if you find the price high enough to cash out. Sure keeping some coins would not harm you but to state you should never shell is just plain ridiculous.
For me a price of 500 is high enough to sell 20% of my coins.

EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 10:34:22 PM

oh i always sell my bitcoin when i dont have money,if i dont do that,i cant buy fodd for eat day and night..lol Grin

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
HarryKPeters

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 10:54:18 PM

oh i always sell my bitcoin when i dont have money,if i dont do that,i cant buy fodd for eat day and night..lol Grin

Yeah sure for mandatory expenses you need to sell. But like anybody else you also hold some coins for speculation.
Do you sell them too or do you 'never' sell them?

randy8777
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 11:27:25 PM

if you don't have enough money to buy food from, you probably have invested money you can't miss in bitcoin. or you are just selling your earned coins? that's another story.
shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 11:42:42 PM

You must sell if you find the price high enough to cash out. Sure keeping some coins would not harm you but to state you should never shell is just plain ridiculous.
For me a price of 500 is high enough to sell 20% of my coins.

agree with you Smiley
sell some of your bitcoin and buy back to get some profit

if all people hold his bitcoin and never sell it, bitcoin market will be off  Cheesy

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 12:28:40 AM

For me I will sell my bitcoin depending on the current situation, if the situation doesnt good for the bitcoin future I will sell them..
cctvnomad

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 02:50:11 AM

I think also like that . I will not sell bitcoin , I think prices will continue to rise bitcoin .
but it did not. bitcoin difficult to predict prices . sometimes 200 and some time so in 1000 .
but, I hope for 2016 was a year of triumph bitcoin .

so ,
no matter how much, I will sell bitcoin if I have it .  Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: