Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:58:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever  (Read 270078 times)
moviebuff777

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 04:39:09 PM

I see the point but some of us can't hold a lot of money in bitcoin because we need the money to buy things.  Many purchases still can't be made with bitcoin.  When I'm ready to make a big purchase (car for example), I may need to sell a little of my bitcoin to help pay for it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆

Hero/Legendary

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 04:45:17 PM

Maybe I wouldn't cash out my Bitcoins if they reached a really high amount (say $10,000) but I would definitely be more inclined to use them. If 0.01btc that I bought for $4 can buy me something worth $100 I'm going to spend some small amounts to get a few things I need/want. The rest will stay invested / saved.
Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 05:12:42 PM

Maybe I wouldn't cash out my Bitcoins if they reached a really high amount (say $10,000) but I would definitely be more inclined to use them. If 0.01btc that I bought for $4 can buy me something worth $100 I'm going to spend some small amounts to get a few things I need/want. The rest will stay invested / saved.

That's a good perspective because selling bitcoin would probably decreased btc value.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 08:53:12 PM

You should never sell your bitcoins because the halving is coming this year and will be very profitable without any doubts for sure, I think there is a good chance that the bitcoin is gonna rise to a high amount.

Indeed selling is not good at all right now you will make some money with selling now but compared with the profit of the halving it will be nothing.
With the halving you can double your money for sure, so people do not sell it right now or before the halving.

Selling is not smart that is true but if you really need the money there is no option, maybe in the future you can buy again, I think you indeed do not need to spend any bitcoins or sell them because of the halving because if we have to believe the most here its gonna rise to a high amount.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 09:15:51 PM

That's a good perspective because selling bitcoin would probably decreased btc value.

The majority of the people here don't even make a dent in the price. So I don't really worry about small fishes securing profits. Fear those who don't speak and have very deep pockets. They are the market movers.
italianobitcoin

Activity: 370

Forza Italia

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 06:48:23 AM

Selling bitcoins is just not smart at all, I do not think never is also good but I think if you do it now it would be stupid.
The halving is coming closer and it will most likely be very profitable.
Why it is not good to never sell them? Then what do you like do with bitcoin in an online or offline wallet?

Selling bitcoin now is not smart, the price is continuing to increase. So sell bitcoin after the days of halving.
But now it is smart to spend using bitcoin or sell bitcoins and bitcoin proved that it is not easily predictable.
Selling can be only good if you are for sure that you can make a lot of profit otherwise it will be sin indeed and that is quite not nice for you if that is happening.
And around this time it would be also nice that you can make more money in the future because it is also becoming more popular.
silentkiller

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 08:12:10 AM

As in forever?  You will only store your bitcoins and you dont have the intensions to sell it, how can you make money from it? Im so confused about the title.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 04:53:40 PM

As in forever?  You will only store your bitcoins and you dont have the intensions to sell it, how can you make money from it? Im so confused about the title.

There are people who don't use the bitcoin for their daily needs by cashing out. They have this to be the investment for future which will be more worth than the present.
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 05:36:01 PM

I just think that do not sell bitcoin for now. I feel bitcoin prices will go up, if you never sell bitcoin you have, then there is no point in you are looking for bitcoin
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 06:24:34 PM

I see the point but some of us can't hold a lot of money in bitcoin because we need the money to buy things.  Many purchases still can't be made with bitcoin.  When I'm ready to make a big purchase (car for example), I may need to sell a little of my bitcoin to help pay for it.
Yes, I had to sell my bitcoins to buy many things with selling my bitcons since I was not able to buy them with ordinary things.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
dsyahputera

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 11:40:26 PM

I just think that do not sell bitcoin for now. I feel bitcoin prices will go up, if you never sell bitcoin you have, then there is no point in you are looking for bitcoin
Have you read the first post in this thread?
- snip -

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

- snip -
So, if the prices go up, we should trying to spend our Bitcoin directly to buy things instead sell our Bitcoin. That's not about the point why we are looking for Bitcoin.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 12:36:59 AM

- snip -

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

- snip -
So, if the prices go up, we should trying to spend our Bitcoin directly to buy things instead sell our Bitcoin. That's not about the point why we are looking for Bitcoin.
The thing is it shouldn't matter what you spend your money on, you earned it or invested for it and it is your money, not someone else's. buy it or exchange it for whatever you want, and not what someone else says. Buying or selling your Bitcoin will have the same effect on the market, so it doesn't matter in the end.
quintiilieo

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 03:59:46 AM

We should not sell it if the bitcoin is at low price. But in the title he wants to say that ever so you dont have intension to sell it if the bitcoin price is  at the High price. Hmm I think you need to think that you started this bitcoin because you want to earn but you want to dont sell it. Oh come on simon. Sell it so that you can gain more profit.

uname

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 04:51:23 AM

I also have the same feeling with you I think a few more moments prices will back up and recket.
The dump good time to buy supplies bitcoin now. you will be a big profit shortly

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 05:27:04 AM

- snip -

- snip -
The thing is it shouldn't matter what you spend your money on, you earned it or invested for it and it is your money, not someone else's. buy it or exchange it for whatever you want, and not what someone else says. Buying or selling your Bitcoin will have the same effect on the market, so it doesn't matter in the end.

the point here is that if the bitcoin price goes up and especially very high it means that bitcoin has reached the adoption stage where you can spend your bitcoin for purchasing and you don't need to sell them to fiat and use fiat for that.

and it has already begun, just look at steam as an example if you have bought bitcoin at $200 now you have twice the power to buy stuff from them with bitcoin.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 10:47:12 AM

I will say that we should not have to sell our bitcoins because now at every moment passing, the value of bitcoin is increasing so we should have to stay with bitcoin and have to try more to buy more bitcoins and so we will be able to earn more with the daily price increase of bitcoin.
wildan88
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 10:50:05 AM

This depends on whether you are rich and elite? so you have lots of money, so do not need to sell bitcoin.
whereas I myself hope of bitcoin, so it had to sell my bitcoin every week or month.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
HelioHash

Activity: 176

https://twitter.com/HelioHash

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 11:27:35 AM

What is the point of holding bitcoin forever
and never sell it ?

...than BTC is just worthless numbers in your PC.

vote for delegate heliohash on Ark mainnet.
80% profit sharing with voters every Friday. https://twitter.com/HelioHash
dsyahputera

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 11:31:23 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2016, 12:01:21 PM by dsyahputera

- snip -

the point here is that if the bitcoin price goes up and especially very high it means that bitcoin has reached the adoption stage where you can spend your bitcoin for purchasing and you don't need to sell them to fiat and use fiat for that.

and it has already begun, just look at steam as an example if you have bought bitcoin at $200 now you have twice the power to buy stuff from them with bitcoin.
Yeah. So, for what we sell Bitcoin even though we could buy an item directly? It's so pointless.

This depends on whether you are rich and elite? so you have lots of money, so do not need to sell bitcoin.
whereas I myself hope of bitcoin, so it had to sell my bitcoin every week or month.
I guess you do not understand what is supposed to discussed in this thread. Come on, read the first post.

and never sell it ?

The point is use Bitcoin directly to buy goods instead sell it to fiat. That is not about holding. Come on, read the first post.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 11:45:15 AM

and never sell it ?

no one will keep their coins for ever. they surely will sell to secure profits at some point when the price reaches a level that they are happy with. for ever in this forum translates into something as a few years.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: