Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:09:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever  (Read 270080 times)
quentincole32

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:45:36 PM

You should not sell them because the bitcoin will go to high amount of the end of this year, due to the halving.
If everything goes well the bitcoin will go to a much higher amount and everyone can make profit.

the price can increase according to supply and demand theory.If the daily volume decreases and price increases , at a point BTC will self terminate itself.Why?If the money circulation is zero then BTC is dead.
How about when halving  , there is a hard dump even we all know bitcoin supply would decreased during halving that could lead to the bitcoin price go up high.
Will bitcoin price remain  go up as per halving? Or it's just remain in current rate  $400 ? Noone knows so I prefer balancing between spend bitcoin and hold bitcoin.
There must be of course a time to sell your coins. Otherwise you cant make profit and that will be bad. I hope that more people will have some profit later.
And that Bitcoin also will be more acceptable. That will be so good for the future and also for Bitcoin.
If lets say 1 person is in profit, the other person must be in loss.
The profit minus the loss is zero. So if u want people to profit, other people also loose money.

So winning always goes with losing, I hope u understand what I am saying.
I understand what are you saying, but I think with more demands from people, it could minimaze the people who losing from people who get profit.
Let's say 1 person losing > more demands for bitcoin > price go wild up > 1 person losing covered to profit because price go up.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:12:00 PM

Its easy why you should never sell your bitcoins these days because the future is so good right now.
The halving is coming and it will let the price rise and the fact is that the bitcoin is growing globally in users and stores.
Maybe it is good to sell and buy and prevent from keeping or use bitcoin as a payment tool. I think 650$ is a good price for bitcoin.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:16:35 PM

You should never sell btc because there are many inflation and better you gonna buy btc in smart ways.
I think it's just smart to sell when you find a good deal, it was profitable to those who sold at $1000 since the price decreased and they could buy the same amount for less, I think you should just sell when you find a good price.

Most people who are new cant see which is a good price.

Since the price is bullish so they wait to see it increase even further so its more of information overload reasons to keep it then to sell.

But yeah everyone should have an ideal #.
sallymeeh27

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:57:00 PM

It will be better if for sometime you can sell your bitcoin for trading or investment part as long as this is earning another money on its own. You should not sell your bitcoin only for beginners or those who do not have much bitcoin yet or low earning just like me this is the best advice for new earner..

techgeek

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:59:24 PM

You should never sell btc because there are many inflation and better you gonna buy btc in smart ways.

This is a illusion lol.

You know how long it would take to catch up with the USD inflation. If the inflation for fiat is 1.2% that means bitcoin has to match that or be less likely to be below.

Good luck on that..

ultimatesky

Activity: 714

SkyFall

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:14:24 PM

You should never sell your bitcoins because the bitcoin has a really good future if you ask me.
Look at the halving that is coming its stupid to sell them if the price is gonna rise without any doubts right ?
7Priest7

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:58:36 PM

Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

The kinds of responses on that thread reveal a deep misunderstanding of bitcoin and the current monetary system in many of those who are speculating. Let's consider the scenario in which bitcoin reaches $1000 or let's say $10,000 per bitcoin. Many have said they will cash out if bitcoin reaches this point. Why??

If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness via a hyperinflation type scenario and bitcoin is the safe haven, which if you know anything about the current monetary systems of the world, you know this is inevitable. (there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero) Why would you then sell all of your sound money (Bitcoin) for a bunch of fiat money that is inevitably becoming worthless? I don't understand the logic in doing that.

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive. Why convert your paper fiat currency into sound value storing superior bitcoin, only to sell all of your superior bitcoin back for worthless antiquated fiat currency again? Why not just spend the bitcoin itself to buy what you want instead of taking a loss by converting back into dollars which will inflate away eventually anyway?

Yes if price will be so high i won't sell them for normal money, i would buy random things that i ever wanted with bitcoins, because if price of bitcoin will be so high, bitcoin might change flat money
a7mos

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:04:47 PM

You should never sell your bitcoins because the bitcoin has a really good future if you ask me.
Look at the halving that is coming its stupid to sell them if the price is gonna rise without any doubts right ?

No, there are doubts. No one is sure 100% that the halving will push the price up. all people are just speculate and bitcoin has always been surprising us with its market movements.
italianobitcoin

Activity: 370

Forza Italia

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:41:46 PM

You should never sell your bitcoins because of the future it has, so that is why you should not do that.
Another thing is that bitcoins is getting more popular these days and because of that the price will also go up for sure.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:58:33 PM

You should never sell your bitcoins because of the future it has, so that is why you should not do that.
Another thing is that bitcoins is getting more popular these days and because of that the price will also go up for sure.

If you never sell any of your coins, how will you ever make profit? You have to sell at some point. It doesn't make sense to not sell to secure profits. I will definitely secure profits if the price is high enough. I'm in Bitcoin because I believe in it, but also because I am invested in it.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:08:13 AM

In this year selling bitcoin might be a good idea because halving is already near, but even without halving bitcoin price still can up, so its also wise to keep some bitcoin in your pocket for future transaction
maranello1561

Activity: 167

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:15:52 AM

Good time to dump all your bitcoins and move into something tangible like American Eagles or Canadian Maples. The clowns will never agree and Bitcoin will slow to a crawl and then just die in the greed and hubris of deuchebag miners
BruceLee007

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:16:50 AM

To convert from BTC to fiat there will be a fee, whereas just buying whatever it is directly with bitcoin there will not.

yes there will be fee if you'll sell for real money, while if you spend them on something fee will be really small or no fee at all,

also if you ill decide to sell bitcoin while price is very small, you will  push price to bottom even more so that will be really bad for bitcoin so should never sell them
Icathia

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 09:26:52 AM

I think at some point you should sell your Bitcoins. The main reason you buy Bitcoin is to sell them and to make a profit.
But you do not have to sell everything in one time. That is just not necessary.   
jkrules

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 09:51:55 AM

In future, you can mortgage it and get a fiat loan to spend
vendetahome

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 11:00:39 AM

Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

The kinds of responses on that thread reveal a deep misunderstanding of bitcoin and the current monetary system in many of those who are speculating. Let's consider the scenario in which bitcoin reaches $1000 or let's say $10,000 per bitcoin. Many have said they will cash out if bitcoin reaches this point. Why??

If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness via a hyperinflation type scenario and bitcoin is the safe haven, which if you know anything about the current monetary systems of the world, you know this is inevitable. (there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero) Why would you then sell all of your sound money (Bitcoin) for a bunch of fiat money that is inevitably becoming worthless? I don't understand the logic in doing that.

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive. Why convert your paper fiat currency into sound value storing superior bitcoin, only to sell all of your superior bitcoin back for worthless antiquated fiat currency again? Why not just spend the bitcoin itself to buy what you want instead of taking a loss by converting back into dollars which will inflate away eventually anyway?

if price will ever rise to 1000$ i will buy things directly with bitcoin, i won't sell bitcoin for fiat because of fees and if bitcoin will go to 1000$ it will be very very popular so this means that people will buy more bitcoins and price will rise even more
Ulloa

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:14:16 PM

It is very good to sell not your coins now around this time, because the value is not that high now to do it.
It will be much better if you wait a little longer and that you can sell it with a higher value, so you will have some profit.
But that is hard to know, because you never know what can happen with the value later.
diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:13:53 PM

It is very good to sell not your coins now around this time, because the value is not that high now to do it.
It will be much better if you wait a little longer and that you can sell it with a higher value, so you will have some profit.
But that is hard to know, because you never know what can happen with the value later.

That is why you don't have to keep your bitcoin for so long..you need to sell it even for a smaller profit..and just re buy fresh coins and do the same...coz if you would just keep it, you will really worry thinking if in the next years the price drops..

Blackmet

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 06:25:56 PM

That is why you don't have to keep your bitcoin for so long..you need to sell it even for a smaller profit..and just re buy fresh coins and do the same...coz if you would just keep it, you will really worry thinking if in the next years the price drops..

No if you don't need this money for living. Different situatuin if you are living for money from bitcoin, then you need to sell smth for living.

expert4knowledge

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:33:53 PM

Maybe this is not a correct estimation such estimations may not work correctly and bitcoin has shown a lot of unpredictable fluctuations so far.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: