Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:30:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever  (Read 270080 times)
filipwx

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:30:44 AM

Bitcoin is growing rapidly and it is desirable to keep it as long as possible so as not to miss out on huge profits, but this does not mean that you need to sit in poverty if the usual money runs out.

We had to sell in able to get some profit but you've got to put some bitcoins on your cold storage and don't use it for a very long time. See to it that you have a long term investment in bitcoin and that is by just holding it like that. I preferably to keep 50% of my bitcoin stash and will do the rest depending on my purpose if there's a need to do it so, I will keep on using then for my other needs.

Absolutely true! I try to keep always 50% in cold storage and I trade with the rest depending on my current needs. At the beginning, I lost lot of money on these speculations: I was buying and few hours ago, the price dropped so that I was afraid and had to sale (loosing money). In the meantime, I learned from it. Where I made good money was at the beginning of the year with ETH. I remember I bought at that time for 10$ and I sold for 250$ few months later. That was really good  Grin
I don't think that this can happen with Bitcoin. Of course it will grow up, but not soooo fast. You have to be patient with your investment.
Zemangat

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:43:43 AM

I think what you say is true .. but if you know in some countries use fiat money for a legitimate payment method. only for the payment using bitcoin is still very little. traders or companies are still unsure of the fluctuating bitcoin prices .. they fear the bitcoin prices will fall and make them lose. if you see bitcoin prices rise and fall in a relatively short time .. we can not predict future bitcoin prices. all we can do is guess the current bitcoin movement.
filipwx

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:51:20 AM

I think what you say is true .. but if you know in some countries use fiat money for a legitimate payment method. only for the payment using bitcoin is still very little. traders or companies are still unsure of the fluctuating bitcoin prices .. they fear the bitcoin prices will fall and make them lose. if you see bitcoin prices rise and fall in a relatively short time .. we can not predict future bitcoin prices. all we can do is guess the current bitcoin movement.

Oh yes everyone fears now, not just the traders or companies. BTC like any other crypto-currency is very volatile. We can just keep calm and pray that it keeps going. On the other side, when it goes down, it's also an opportunity to get in the trade, get some coins and sell as soon as they go up...
Well the future will tell us Smiley
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:23:18 PM

Oh yes everyone fears now, not just the traders or companies. BTC like any other crypto-currency is very volatile. We can just keep calm and pray that it keeps going. On the other side, when it goes down, it's also an opportunity to get in the trade, get some coins and sell as soon as they go up...
Well the future will tell us Smiley
I think its not the main reason. Company would not use the main bitcoins they may use blockchain technology and they are confident in their investment. I dont have any doubt aboit bitcoins as the analyst predictions it will have a better future just invest what you can afford to lose.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:22:29 PM

I think people that bought bitcoin bought it for various reasons. So you advising them not to ever sell theirs is not reasonable. What if I bought my bitcoin to sell at a peak price and it has reached that price at which I want to sell it. Should I still keep it?
If you want to sell it then do it, but many people are holding for longer periods because they think that the price we have at the moment for bitcoin is still too low and to be honest I think the same.
SilverKan

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:20:04 AM

There is ofcourse a time that you must sell it. And that time is indeed not now. I hope later that more people will sell it later in the future. But maybe we can sell it later. And you can see that the value now is rising slowly and that is very good. Its just a matter of time if you ask me because the bitcoin will go to a high amount later or sooner.
Zoomber

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:20:34 AM

There should be a time that you must sell your coins otherwise you cant have some profit with Bitcoin and that will be bad for you because you made already an investment in Bitcoin so you must earn money with it. What the OP is speculating is that there will come a point where bitcoin is worth alot of fiat because fiat is crashing. If fiat is crashing, everyone will try to jump off the boat and onto bitcoin, which in turn will make bitcoin the "fiat".
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:10:38 PM

There should be a time that you must sell your coins otherwise you cant have some profit with Bitcoin and that will be bad for you because you made already an investment in Bitcoin so you must earn money with it. What the OP is speculating is that there will come a point where bitcoin is worth alot of fiat because fiat is crashing. If fiat is crashing, everyone will try to jump off the boat and onto bitcoin, which in turn will make bitcoin the "fiat".
We need to have a target for the selling that we will make in the future because if we don't have a plan then everything is nonsense, the hard work and patience that we putted in bitcoin will just become a waste and we will never experience the benefits of bitcoin so i think that we should pick a price which we are going to sell or else we are just like a fool.
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:40:31 PM

It will be a  foolish move if somebody says he is not going to sell bitcoins ever. bitcoins history shows it has been volatile a lot so if a person is holding bitcoin since it was 500$ and now it has reached 5000$(momentarily ) if still you are not selling then you are saying NO to money . so as per my opinion anyone who is holding bitcoins should have a target set and sell it at that target and again rebuy it lower levels .
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:49:04 PM

Bitcoin is one of the fastest growing investment in the market right now and the pace at which Bitcoin is gaining popularity is only making it more and more valuable. Bitcoin has a lot of potential to grow and if you sell, you only loose your potential profit.
In my opinion, I like sell my Bitcoin at highest price in a cycle, depends the demand buying on market in that time.
Example: If I check volume buying is trap and more seller than buyer on market, I will choose sell my Bitcoin and wait the price of Bitcoin fall down for buy back.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
AK47-

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:55:19 PM

It will be a  foolish move if somebody says he is not going to sell bitcoins ever. bitcoins history shows it has been volatile a lot so if a person is holding bitcoin since it was 500$ and now it has reached 5000$(momentarily ) if still you are not selling then you are saying NO to money . so as per my opinion anyone who is holding bitcoins should have a target set and sell it at that target and again rebuy it lower levels .
Not everyone is into short term trading when it comes to Bitcoin. Many are just holding it for long term and buy some occasionally when there is drop. Those people will sell when they really require money. I agree many are into selling at ATH and buying at dip. But that is somewhat risky and not done by everyone. There are all sort of people when it comes to trading and investing.
cyclotronmajesty

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:03:59 PM

Not everyone is into short term trading when it comes to Bitcoin. Many are just holding it for long term and buy some occasionally when there is drop. Those people will sell when they really require money. I agree many are into selling at ATH and buying at dip. But that is somewhat risky and not done by everyone. There are all sort of people when it comes to trading and investing.

Yeah its good to save it for future and sell it only if you need money or else you are making huge profits from it as majority of people will prefer not to sell right and hold at least till the end of the year as price can even go to $8k or even higher so that would be the perfect time to sell your bitcoins.

███  ███
    ███      ███
  ███          ███
███              ███

███              ███
  ███          ███
    ███      ███
      ███  ███

LANCECHAIN

║▮
║▮
║▮

▮║
▮║
▮║

║▮
║▮
║▮

▮║
▮║
▮║

▄▄████
                ▄▄▄████████▌
          ▄▄▄███████▀▄█████
     ▄▄█████████▀▀ ▄██████▌
▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████
 ▀▀▀█████▀    ▄██████████▌
       ██   █████████████
        █▄ █████████████▌
        ▐█▄███▀▀████████
         ███▀    ▀▀████▌
                    ▀▀█

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄█████████
 █████▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐████
▐████
████████████
████████████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 04:11:15 PM

There is ofcourse a time that you must sell it. And that time is indeed not now. I hope later that more people will sell it later in the future. But maybe we can sell it later. And you can see that the value now is rising slowly and that is very good. Its just a matter of time if you ask me because the bitcoin will go to a high amount later or sooner.

In future, it may be possible to purchase luxury vehicles and villas directly by making payments in Bitcoin (even now such listings are available through Bitpremier, but there is not much variety). So I don't think that converting your coins to fiat may become mandatory in the near future.
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:16:59 PM

you should sell your bitcoin sometimes specially like these day..
the big dump will help you earn more if you sell your bitcoin and buy it on the lowest and wait for the top then ssell it again once it dump Smiley
killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 04:18:50 PM

To convert from BTC to fiat there will be a fee, whereas just buying whatever it is directly with bitcoin there will not.
OK, if you buy with Bitcoin then the merchandise will be very limited and limited. Also, in some places, they do not even accept Bitcoin. Instead, when you switch to fiat, you can buy everything you need with money, it has no drawbacks although you have to take a small fee but it does not matter.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:21:35 PM

In future, it may be possible to purchase luxury vehicles and villas directly by making payments in Bitcoin (even now such listings are available through Bitpremier, but there is not much variety). So I don't think that converting your coins to fiat may become mandatory in the near future.

I don't think that in future we would be able to spend bitcoins directly anywhere to buy anything and we will always need fiat money as it may be possible to spend bitcoins directly in first world countries but don't see it happening in third world countries.
llyfee4u

Activity: 444
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 04:25:26 PM

Bitcoin is growing rapidly and it is desirable to keep it as long as possible so as not to miss out on huge profits, but this does not mean that you need to sit in poverty if the usual money runs out.

I absolutely agree with your point.  I only realised this to my own detriment, the only two BTC i actually managed to collect, i sold early last year due to financial difficulty. If only i had hung on to them, i'd have found another way to resolve my issues then and i'd be sitting pretty with my BTC now lol.  But yeah, BTC is definitely onwards and upwards, i wouldn't sell for now.
xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:29:13 PM

It's already possible to buy yourself luxurious goods right now. Not too long ago Lamborghini announced that they will be accepting bitcoin to purchase their luxurious cars. And I am certain that soon we will be able to buy real estate in bitcoin. It's only a matter of time.
Egalite

Activity: 139

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:39:35 PM

Have red today, that china is only speculating with Bitcoin. I think the regime earns money with it. And when they want they drop the Bitcoin price to 100 Dollar. So i sold my Bitcoins near 5k!!
Yasirmrd

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:46:42 PM

Bitcoins are a long-term investment with a good profit, I do not see the point, to sell, what makes a profit. If it was not profitable and did not bring joy, then yes, and so the price of bitcoin only grows. But maybe you have other reasons for this.

The main purpose to introduce bitcoin was for investment like gold and here you are right that one will get huge profit if he/she invest it for long term but some times we see that other commodities have better value and more beneficial profit option than gold. So one may covert his/her bitcoin to other commodities for better return. Converting it to fiat for no reason is perhaps a lose. 
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: