Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:44:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever  (Read 270078 times)
drwtsn32

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 09:59:08 AM

If you don't ever sell your bitcoins, what is the use of saving it in the first place?
You know, we save because we know we will need it someday.
A more appropriate statement must be "I will never sell my bitcoins until..."
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 11:33:47 AM

If you don't ever sell your bitcoins, what is the use of saving it in the first place?

Well look like others just want to see the price increase and will never do such action. Smiley

Let's say price reached $2000, they will just watched it and because of greediness in earning lot more they will still wait for another price pump but eventually it doesn't happen and the price fall back to $1000. And then again and again they will not sold their coins and just keep extending their precious time to just wait. 50 years and counting still no earnings. Smiley
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 11:42:30 AM

I agree that we should hold on to some of our bitcoins as a long term investment, but I don't see a problem with using some for investing and trading. Also, spending it can help promote bitcoin at places of business.
I think it depends on your condition at that time and depending on the price at that time. if you really need the money and the current price is quite large. why do not you sell it?
To date, the price has not yet reached its peak, so it is not wise to sell their bitcoin. Perhaps the end of the year, all will be clear from the value of the currency level.
I think if you expect the price to be towards the top it is a false hope? How do you think the price range. bitcoin prices including prices peak? I think the price is high depends on each person. if he bought at a low price ie $ 400. perhaps now is including high prices
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 12:46:28 PM

I will not sell bitcoin yet but instead i will try to buy more Bitcoin, The current bitcoin price today is good for me to buy Bitcoin and hold it for long term until i feel i have made lots of profit with it then that's is the time to sell Bitcoin. Holding Bitcoin in long term will surely give me profits atleast that's what i am believing until now.

Do you have any target for the BTC price to sell because you said will sell only prices go very high means what is that high? If I'm not wrong, this also one type of greediness because even after BTC prices go few thousand $ high, you may hold for still to go up. So it is good to have a target for all investments and once you reach that goal, must need to book some profits to avoid any future disappointments.
sulendra12

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 01:19:23 PM

I will not sell bitcoin yet but instead i will try to buy more Bitcoin, The current bitcoin price today is good for me to buy Bitcoin and hold it for long term until i feel i have made lots of profit with it then that's is the time to sell Bitcoin. Holding Bitcoin in long term will surely give me profits atleast that's what i am believing until now.

Do you have any target for the BTC price to sell because you said will sell only prices go very high means what is that high? If I'm not wrong, this also one type of greediness because even after BTC prices go few thousand $ high, you may hold for still to go up. So it is good to have a target for all investments and once you reach that goal, must need to book some profits to avoid any future disappointments.
Yeah don't hold you coins forever , who knows the price is dump after reach the highest price at the moment?
As you said , make a plan and goal for order your sell . But if you need it for urgent thing and got desperate , it doesn't matter the price you sell as you can use it for your needs.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 01:47:32 PM

Yeah don't hold you coins forever , who knows the price is dump after reach the highest price at the moment?
As you said , make a plan and goal for order your sell . But if you need it for urgent thing and got desperate , it doesn't matter the price you sell as you can use it for your needs.

If price reaches to your desired level then I think you should sell your coins and secure the profits as if you will never sell your coins then you will never be able to get returns on your investments.
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 01:58:08 PM

If price reaches to your desired level then I think you should sell your coins and secure the profits as if you will never sell your coins then you will never be able to get returns on your investments.
That's pretty simple because only people with mental disability will never sell his bitcoins even if he sees an opportunity to make a profit. The same goes with not spending your money to get and experience its value. Money should be spent because we cannot take that when we passes away in this world.
stromma44

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 02:38:12 PM

That's pretty simple because only people with mental disability will never sell his bitcoins even if he sees an opportunity to make a profit. The same goes with not spending your money to get and experience its value. Money should be spent because we cannot take that when we passes away in this world.

Yeah and if you are earning it then you should spend it too, whats' the purpose of keeping them simply idle in your wallet, and if you do then your coins will have no value.
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 03:24:19 PM

So much greed that's why people tend to keep waiting even when there is a clear profit. In the history bitcoin price, no such thing that the price sits for long time to the price we considered as "high".

It's just fine to hold more but also remember that a big increase always associated with big price decrease.
fireball4

Activity: 288

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 04:41:31 PM

I agree that we should hold on to some of our bitcoins as a long term investment, but I don't see a problem with using some for investing and trading. Also, spending it can help promote bitcoin at places of business.
I think it depends on your condition at that time and depending on the price at that time. if you really need the money and the current price is quite large. why do not you sell it?
well as for me personally bitcoin is the only investment so i would do everything that i wouldnt have to spend it all any time in the near future

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
[/table
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:15:39 PM

well as for me personally bitcoin is the only investment so i would do everything that i wouldnt have to spend it all any time in the near future

If you will never spend in future then what is the purpose of investing your money in it, as one day you will die and your coins will remain idle in your wallet with no use.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:22:36 PM

If you will never spend in future then what is the purpose of investing your money in it, as one day you will die and your coins will remain idle in your wallet with no use.
Yeah you have the point so its useless if you are just holding it and if you die what will happen to your bitcoin useless. Better be happy while you are spending your bitcoins to your goal or dream.. holding bitcoins for a long time is a kind of lazy style..
Sidas_Crew669

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:28:15 PM

Yeah you have the point so its useless if you are just holding it and if you die what will happen to your bitcoin useless. Better be happy while you are spending your bitcoins to your goal or dream.. holding bitcoins for a long time is a kind of lazy style..

It's something very classical question: for all the people living in the world it would like to give something that is best for yourself or for his descendants. If it can not enjoy the results we strive for then that is our descendants will enjoy, that's something the good stuff dude. So where might it be something classic,
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:31:33 PM

I'm not going to sell mine again. I did it for so many times and now I totally regret it. Now I am aiming to keep earning until I reach one Bitcoin. It's going to take long, but it's totally worth it in my opinion.
shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:46:09 PM

I'm not going to sell mine again. I did it for so many times and now I totally regret it. Now I am aiming to keep earning until I reach one Bitcoin. It's going to take long, but it's totally worth it in my opinion.

if you believe in the future of bitcoin prices will rise very high, do not ever sell your coins and keep to earn productively for several years. after the right time comes to sell bitcoin at a very high price.

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

tygeade
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 11:12:33 AM

if you believe in the future of bitcoin prices will rise very high, do not ever sell your coins and keep to earn productively for several years. after the right time comes to sell bitcoin at a very high price.

Selling right now cannot be profitable as price is not too high at a moment, but selling never also sounds weird as we all are here to earn profits, so we should sell our coins when the right time comes.

drwtsn32

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 11:16:16 AM

Well look like others just want to see the price increase and will never do such action. Smiley

Let's say price reached $2000, they will just watched it and because of greediness in earning lot more they will still wait for another price pump but eventually it doesn't happen and the price fall back to $1000. And then again and again they will not sold their coins and just keep extending their precious time to just wait. 50 years and counting still no earnings. Smiley

Exactly. So basically what you just have to do is this:
"Spend bitcoins when you need it. Save them when you don't."
goldcoinminer

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 12:14:32 PM

Exactly. So basically what you just have to do is this:
"Spend bitcoins when you need it. Save them when you don't."
That's it, you only spend when you really need it, needing it would strictly for your needs only in life and not your wants. Just always put in your mind that you are investing a coin that is going to have a bigger value the longer you hold it so you would not easily spend it.
shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 05:21:57 PM

Selling right now cannot be profitable as price is not too high at a moment, but selling never also sounds weird as we all are here to earn profits, so we should sell our coins when the right time comes.

profitable or not, depending on when you buy at a low price. I buy bitcoin under $500 when it's hoped halving could bring price increases high. so now if I sell is still profitable. but the right time to sell at least when the price is above $1000 for me.

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

bitdumper

Activity: 266

One world One currency, Bitcoin.

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 05:52:17 PM

i think everyone has equal and freedom to decide for their self and what they should do with their money.so if i think that i can get profit by converting my bitcoins into faint then that will satisfy me and i don't want to risk it just for a little profit

Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: