Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:35:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [AXIOM] AxiomMemHash, Schnorr Sigs Implemented, APOS 3.0, AXH 2.0 Proposed  (Read 204910 times)
timertrainer

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 01:26:17 PM

I forgot to ask about if the Devs Have their Proof Of Developer ratings done. Such as with CryptoAsian @ proofofdev.com or coinsource.com.. If you have not already done this I urge you to get it done. 5+ POD makes life so much easier with regards to FUD later down the line..

U will not get any Proof of Dev or google hangouts from Axiom dev because he is a scammer.

Deal with it.

Best regards your PnD team  Grin

LOL CryptoAsian is nothing short of an extortionist. Send ME your BTC, I'll fuckin self dox and vouch.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 01:58:47 PM

I did a scan upfront on total virus, but it says bitcoinminer which was in my eyes not harmfull. After the hack I installed trend micro antivirus and it says trojan.

Guess I have to find another hobby.

I'm sorry to hear that. You just scared me into doing everything I'm suppose to do with these coins.
1. Encrypt wallet with password generated by Keepass. Then unlock for staking only.
2. Back up wallet to DVD.
3. Run all new programs in sandboxie, until I trust them. I may start running my browser under sandboxie too. I hate the internet. You have to go through a million steps,  to make yourself more secure. Then some hacker comes up with ways to circumvent them all. (sigh)
keesdewit
Copper Member

Activity: 1024
Merit: 513

txbit.io - cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 02:01:52 PM

I did a scan upfront on total virus, but it says bitcoinminer which was in my eyes not harmfull. After the hack I installed trend micro antivirus and it says trojan.

I'm sorry to hear that. You just scared me into doing everything I'm suppose to do with these coins.
1. Encrypt wallet with password generated by Keepass. Then unlock for staking only.
3. Run all new programs in sandboxie, until I trust them. I may start running my browser under sandboxie too. I hate the internet. You have to go through a million steps,  to make yourself more secure. Then some hacker comes up with ways to circumvent them all. (sigh)

You are so right. I am banging my head against the wall. If I have locked the wallet it probably would have prevent the hacker from sending the coins. Internet sucks if used wrong.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:03:38 PM

The biggest holder is probably Bittrex, who is staking mad amounts of coins. Their business model is not holding alt-coins so they most likely just auto-dump them on their own exchange.

I asked them about this but didn't really expect a reply, and unsurprisingly no reply yet.

Are you sure bittrex staking user coin ? Shocked

Not 100% sure, but ask yourself a question, do they hate money?
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:03:49 PM

Lol.. Trex would not do that you could be able to identify this anyway via a BE It will take detective work but you could work out if this was the case.. lol.. Also Wallets on exchanges are not configured that way its all transactional retroactive as in platform will use a layer between the daemon and the front-end/back-end. Also imagine the processing power required to stake all those coins across all the alts they use.. Also total up overall Network capacity costs etc.. Also think about managing all those wallets etc.. its zero sum type of issue..

What.. they can configure their wallets however they please. They already have to run the daemons for all their coins enabling staking to it doesn't increase processing power or bandwidth usage much if at all.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 02:08:38 PM

OR use linux ... or a vps that is linux based ...

i feel for you ...

this is the reason i moved completely away from windows ... and i mean completely ...

it wont be that difficult to make a dual boot system or setup a small machine with a large hdd for all the wallets and have that running under linux ...

my own desktop is fedora 21 x64 - and that thing just runs ... without any backhanded issues with ANYONE hacking into it ...

i have to admit - there is a few times where you will get frustrated due to the lack of support that some devs will refuse to put in for a linux build - but believe me when i say that there is NOTHING like peace of mind for your coins ...

its not completely failsafe - the weakest link here is the us the user - but its miles ahead of any windows insecurities ...

still do backups and make sure your system is secure - that goes without saying ...

a small computer with a large hdd ( for the blockchains - depending on how many coin wallets you may have ) and ( in my case ) fedora installed is all i need to stop thieves dead in their tracks ... and that is not even including the LONG encryption password i have for all my wallets ...

small advice - for piece of mind ...

#crysx

bones261
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:19:38 PM

Lol.. Trex would not do that you could be able to identify this anyway via a BE It will take detective work but you could work out if this was the case.. lol.. Also Wallets on exchanges are not configured that way its all transactional retroactive as in platform will use a layer between the daemon and the front-end/back-end. Also imagine the processing power required to stake all those coins across all the alts they use.. Also total up overall Network capacity costs etc.. Also think about managing all those wallets etc.. its zero sum type of issue..

What.. they can configure their wallets however they please. They already have to run the daemons for all their coins enabling staking to it doesn't increase processing power or bandwidth usage much if at all.

Although bittrex could stake their wallets, they usually do not. Staking their wallets would cause them to not be a disinterested third party. It would only serve to hurt the trust traders put in them. Bittrex is only interested in accumulating bitcoin. Cryptsy, however; is a different story... Cryptsy got balls deep in the whole XPY crap...  
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

i feel for you ...

this is the reason i moved completely away from windows ... and i mean completely ...

it wont be that difficult to make a dual boot system or setup a small machine with a large hdd for all the wallets and have that running under linux ...

my own desktop is fedora 21 x64 - and that thing just runs ... without any backhanded issues with ANYONE hacking into it ...

i have to admit - there is a few times where you will get frustrated due to the lack of support that some devs will refuse to put in for a linux build - but believe me when i say that there is NOTHING like peace of mind for your coins ...

its not completely failsafe - the weakest link here is the us the user - but its miles ahead of any windows insecurities ...

still do backups and make sure your system is secure - that goes without saying ...

a small computer with a large hdd ( for the blockchains - depending on how many coin wallets you may have ) and ( in my case ) fedora installed is all i need to stop thieves dead in their tracks ... and that is not even including the LONG encryption password i have for all my wallets ...

#crysx

Even with that, can't some hacker just generate a rainbow table? They would compare their rainbow table to the blockchain, and when they get a match, just import the private key into their wallet and steal those coins? Or would that be too unwieldy?
MantaMine

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:37:28 PM

I'm pulling my buy support to wait and see how this shakes out.  Low POS rewards haven't faired well for other coins in the past.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:41:21 PM

I'm pulling my buy support to wait and see how this shakes out.  Low POS rewards haven't faired well for other coins in the past.

Just as the biggest wallet goes from 30,000 to 40,000.  Cheesy
PnD team

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:42:18 PM

meh.. your 0.03 no one will even notice u pulled out  Grin
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 02:43:54 PM

i feel for you ...

#crysx

Even with that, can't some hacker just generate a rainbow table? They would compare their rainbow table to the blockchain, and when they get a match, just import the private key into their wallet and steal those coins? Or would that be too unwieldy?

the security that im referring to is to minimize the security risk - not leave it completely open like windows 'normally' does ...

what you are referring to is quite a colourful ( yes - there is a pun indeed ) way of stealing keys - let alone coins ... but the chnaces of a good hacker trying to get into a small wallet with that form hack is almost unheard of ... it does happen - but SO unlikely that its considered non-existent ...

if a hacker wants to get into your system - and the hacker is one hell of good one - he / she will get in one way or another ...

but to go to lengths like that for a few thousand ( let alone a few hundred ) coins that really are not worth the time to try - is another story altogther ...

so - the answer to your question ... it IS possible - but highly unlikely in this circumstance ... there is a good reason why the keys are the length and difficulty that they are Smiley ...

no mention that the earlier unfortunate situation was a wallet of 100000btc - then you have a very different situation ...

but even then - if it were that simple - it would have already been done ...

minimization of risk is the key here ...

a secured wallet with a difficult password in a non-standard OS inside an application ( the wallet itself ) that has to built from the ground up ...

all of this sitting behind a secured firewall in a non-standardized setting ( such as windows ) is not an easy task to get through ... not at all ...

my setup is very different again - where all the wallets sit in an encrypted secure srver in scientific linux ( yes - im a redhat fella - so shoot me ) ... not many people have this type of facilitated security - but you can definitely get a decent secure enviromnet on a small computer with linux installed and the wallets inside that machine ...

minimize the risk - thats all im saying Smiley ...

#crysx

Krypt0Fr3ak

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 03:25:48 PM

I forgot to ask about if the Devs Have their Proof Of Developer ratings done. Such as with CryptoAsian @ proofofdev.com or coinsource.com.. If you have not already done this I urge you to get it done. 5+ POD makes life so much easier with regards to FUD later down the line..

U will not get any Proof of Dev or google hangouts from Axiom dev because he is a scammer.

Deal with it.

LOL CryptoAsian is nothing short of an extortionist. Send ME your BTC, I'll fuckin self dox and vouch.
LOL, so you have experience with this then i take it? I thought not else you would not say that crap! CryptoAsian is solid guy. We have been acquaintances for great deal of time; well in terms of cryptos at least, its a great deal of time lol..

Its about having standards..

Amongst all the crap its reassuring to know that a dev has taken their time to provide ID to stand by their projects/products. This will speak volumes to potential investors now and in the future and to also know they are prepared to go public. !

It will help to eliminate a great deal of FUD and provide the sense of security lots of us crave after being burnt so so many times and knowing the game like we all do we kind of know what to look to for before jumping into bed with a project is what I am trying to get across..

Put it this way its part of my due diligence tick-list of check prior to any serious investment from me..

It also sends a VERY strong message to the like of ppl like you.. being verified said basically "F__K U, we are serious and We have nothing to hide"

It adds to the overall package this coin/ project presents.

-- edit

If there are any PR guys watching this thread and wish to help with exposure etc. Jump onto Slack group cryptocommunity.slack.com <== Chat with IAMCrypto.. Another standup guy great way to help spread the word, etc..
timertrainer

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 03:31:41 PM

Deal with it.

LOL, so you have experience with this then i take it? I thought not else you would not say that crap! CryptoAsian is solid guy. We have been acquaintances for great deal of time; well in terms of cryptos at least, its a great deal of time lol..

Its about having standards..

Amongst all the crap its reassuring to know that a dev has taken their time to provide ID to stand by their projects/products. This will speak volumes to potential investors now and in the future and to also know they are prepared to go public. !

It will help to eliminate a great deal of FUD and provide the sense of security lots of us crave after being burnt so so many times and knowing the game like we all do we kind of know what to look to for before jumping into bed with a project is what I am trying to get across..

Put it this way its part of my due diligence tick-list of check prior to any serious investment from me..

It also sends a VERY strong message to the like of ppl like you.. being verified said basically "F__K U, we are serious and We have nothing to hide"

It adds to the overall package this coin/ project presents.

-- edit

If there are any PR guys watching this thread and wish to help with exposure etc. Jump onto Slack group cryptocommunity.slack.com <== Chat with IAMCrypto.. Another standup guy great way to help spread the word, etc..

Newbie account that ends his post by shilling his Slack group. Next please.

I gotta say tho coinsource is cool since they offer services beyond verification but fuck man I wanna make some easy cash, spring up a slick site and say "Send me BTC and I'll ensure the public on how "legit" you are". Maybe post a couple of pictures of myself wearing sunglasses and leaning against a wall, staring off into space in black and white.
Krypt0Fr3ak

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 03:45:57 PM

Quote from: timertrainer
Newbie account that ends his post by shilling his Slack group. Next please.

I gotta say tho coinsource is cool since they offer services beyond verification but fuck man I wanna make some easy cash, spring up a slick site and say "Send me BTC and I'll ensure the public on how "legit" you are". Maybe post a couple of pictures of myself wearing sunglasses and leaning against a wall, staring off into space in black and white.

I have nothing to do with it you fucking idiot!. Open your mind think with brain not your cock. read back a few posts as to why I had to make a newbie acct..
timertrainer

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 03:47:38 PM

timertrainer I have nothing to do with it you fucking cock!. Open your mind thing with brain not your cock. read back a few posts as to why I had to make a newbie acct..

I don't care. Your use of ad hominem just shows how pointless your argument is.
Krypt0Fr3ak

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 03:52:26 PM

timertrainer, I am not arguing just pointing out your over simplification and assumptions based from my previous post.. I have great deal of experience and just trying to help this project as it looks promising.

I'm just trying to help, that is all..
timertrainer

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 03:54:05 PM

timertrainer, I am not arguing just pointing out your over simplification and assumptions based from my previous post.. I have great deal of experience and just trying to help this project as it looks promising.

I'm just trying to help, that is all..

Cool, I love AXIOM. My buys hit and I landed myself another 10k Cheesy
david1365
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 05:04:14 PM

there are a dozen of coins that have completely verified of cryptoasian and Coinsecure, but all of them were scam coins like LitcoinDark and ...
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 05:10:16 PM

there are a dozen of coins that have completely verified of cryptoasian and Coinsecure, but all of them were scam coins like LitcoinDark and ...

verification means little if the coin itself is not worth a pinch ...

and what i mean by 'coin' is the tech and people and community behind it ...

verification is a nice thing to have ... but thats it ... just nice ...

the dash guys are recognized and known through the crypto community ... but i can assure you that even if they werent - their work with the coin and the tech behind it would still be going strong and still be doing what it is doing now ...

i mean - we ALL know who satoshi nakamoto is ... right? ...

Wink ...

#crysx

Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: