Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:44:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [AXIOM] AxiomMemHash, Schnorr Sigs Implemented, APOS 3.0, AXH 2.0 Proposed  (Read 204910 times)
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:32:59 PM

It's a good idea for the people with GPU miners to share or leak them. Block rewards are small, and the FUD is hurting the price and any profits you make with a GPU miner.

We are talking about humans here. Humans are by nature greedy, selfish and only interested in advancing their own interest at the expense of others. Most people do not care about anyone else but themselves and will do anything and everything to keep their advantage at all cost. Here and there there is someone that is actually willing to give, share or help others, but they are very very rare. This selfish attribute of humans is what is making crypto a dark and ugly place as they don't mind killing a coin as long as they can make a few buck before they move on. It is what is driving the behavior in crypto 99%.

So you are basically saying a dev  should just put up their miner that they took the time to develop that could have been hours, days or weeks for free. Would you work for free?

Ask a dev how much donations they get from miners that use the ones they openly update. As far as I know there 2 or 3 that do. So the same can be said about miners. They use a dev's miner without contributing anything back.

If I remember correctly sp_ has increased his  x11 miner over a year now and said he has less than 2 or 3 BTC in donations. Think about that for a minute.

It's not a perfect world but there are two sides to every coin.

People should be rewarded for their skillz and it is so that those with skillz will prosper over the rest. Sometimes though whats the point if those skillz give you an advantage that becomes no advantage at all. Lets use an analogy - one sports team buys all the best players and keep winning game after game, year after year. Soon there will be no more spectators and no more tickets sold because the people lost interest causing the good sports team to have to let the players go because they don't have enough money to pay them anymore. Let GPU miners get their advantage early on for their skillz but at some point open it up, otherwise what is the point if people leave and those 3 will be the only ones mining with no-one to buy from them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:35:48 PM

It's a good idea for the people with GPU miners to share or leak them. Block rewards are small, and the FUD is hurting the price and any profits you make with a GPU miner.

Wow...just...WOW! After reading this, I really wouldn't blame any GPU dev for trying to gouge out as much money in private sales as possible.

Axiom Devs had the opportunity to pay at least one GPU dev a fair price for a public GPU miner and they declined, now they are openly asking those that did pay for a GPU miner (or spent time coding it themselves) to leak it to the public!?

If the Axiom team wants a GPU miner they should put some BTC up for one to be open sourced and public.
sandor111

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 08:55:25 PM

We can put up a sizeable bounty for the GPU miner, so there is an incentive for the miner devs to release it. Let's say, 10 BTC?

Krypt0Fr3ak

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:58:38 PM

All i can say regarding my newbie account is my other account was hacked hence why it's newbie.. but trust me I been around a long time to know a good solid coin especially after taking a look over their public git repo. And yes it has checkpoints unlike a lot of alts on initial release with poor checkpoints one of the first thing to look for in the src of any alt to check the dev is on point.

On the point of GPU's "never" getting AES that is something of an overreach to categorically state that, however I do kind of agree. But then again, who's to know that AES heavy instructions will not be offloaded to a GPU look at APU's as an example of how the lines between GPU / CPU are becoming blurred *kind of*..

I am impressed with the way this coin is progressing in terms of community and in actual price terms.. As I have said many times in the past prices in crypto's come and go, up/down all day every day.. Its part of the game..

The point is this.. Obviously certain devs have taken the opportunity to capitalize on this new algo by making a CPU mining algo into a GPU mineable algo. HOWEVER I cannot confirm if this is correct or not I am just assuming based on previous posts. The same thing happened with Scrypt. But then ASIC miners arrived.. its a cat and mouse game. BUT steps can be made to slow down this progress by changing up the algo recipe a little or whatever..

But this is the important part.. COMMUNITY.. Solid Dev(s) and good Marketing.. This coin seems to have all the signs of a very solid coin.. I hope it succeeds and also gets through some of the growing pains which are to come i suspect! as with almost every altcoin out there has gone through.

FYI, there is a small button ("<===" ) you can press here to ignore FUDSTERZ.. It works every time, honest Wink
Topbanker

Activity: 157
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:10:45 PM

All i can say regarding my newbie account is my other account was hacked hence why it's newbie.. but trust me I been around a long time to know a good solid coin especially after taking a look over their public git repo. And yes it has checkpoints unlike a lot of alts on initial release with poor checkpoints one of the first thing to look for in the src of any alt to check the dev is on point.

On the point of GPU's "never" getting AES that is something of an overreach to categorically state that, however I do kind of agree. But then again, who's to know that AES heavy instructions will not be offloaded to a GPU look at APU's as an example of how the lines between GPU / CPU are becoming blurred *kind of*..

I am impressed with the way this coin is progressing in terms of community and in actual price terms.. As I have said many times in the past prices in crypto's come and go, up/down all day every day.. Its part of the game..

The point is this.. Obviously certain devs have taken the opportunity to capitalize on this new algo by making a CPU mining algo into a GPU mineable algo. HOWEVER I cannot confirm if this is correct or not I am just assuming based on previous posts. The same thing happened with Scrypt. But then ASIC miners arrived.. its a cat and mouse game. BUT steps can be made to slow down this progress by changing up the algo recipe a little or whatever..

But this is the important part.. COMMUNITY.. Solid Dev(s) and good Marketing.. This coin seems to have all the signs of a very solid coin.. I hope it succeeds and also gets through some of the growing pains which are to come i suspect! as with almost every altcoin out there has gone through.

FYI, there is a small button ("<===" ) you can press here to ignore FUDSTERZ.. It works every time, honest Wink

great post!

Alli can add is give the dev(s) some more time and great things can happen!!!

Quality above quantity!!
Krypt0Fr3ak

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:22:13 PM

Another thing to note is building a coin costs a bunch of money I mean not super amounts of money but a significant amount especially if you don't have much to begin with.. it also cost in brain-power / time too. I have faith in this project. And hopefully to see what they have planned to come next.. This is definitely a coin I have my eye on. I have even dedicated a whole monitor to this coin, saves me with the multiple tabs open.. Wink

Good Luck & keep up the the crypto god's good work !
After all it is in Cryptos we trust
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:22:37 PM

We are talking about humans here. Humans are by nature greedy, selfish and only interested in advancing their own interest at the expense of others. Most people do not care about anyone else but themselves and will do anything and everything to keep their advantage at all cost. Here and there there is someone that is actually willing to give, share or help others, but they are very very rare. This selfish attribute of humans is what is making crypto a dark and ugly place as they don't mind killing a coin as long as they can make a few buck before they move on. It is what is driving the behavior in crypto 99%.

So you are basically saying a dev  should just put up their miner that they took the time to develop that could have been hours, days or weeks for free. Would you work for free?

Ask a dev how much donations they get from miners that use the ones they openly update. As far as I know there 2 or 3 that do. So the same can be said about miners. They use a dev's miner without contributing anything back.

If I remember correctly sp_ has increased his  x11 miner over a year now and said he has less than 2 or 3 BTC in donations. Think about that for a minute.

It's not a perfect world but there are two sides to every coin.

People should be rewarded for their skillz and it is so that those with skillz will prosper over the rest. Sometimes though whats the point if those skillz give you an advantage that becomes no advantage at all. Lets use an analogy - one sports team buys all the best players and keep winning game after game, year after year. Soon there will be no more spectators and no more tickets sold because the people lost interest causing the good sports team to have to let the players go because they don't have enough money to pay them anymore. Let GPU miners get their advantage early on for their skillz but at some point open it up, otherwise what is the point if people leave and those 3 will be the only ones mining with no-one to buy from them.

The Yankees would like to talk to you.          Just messing with you.

I understand what you are saying but just my opinion, if more miners would donate donate then I think the dev's would do more for us but it is a two way street.

I'll stop posting for a while now so the thread can get back.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
ZaZ59

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:33:12 PM

Hi,

Axiom listed on www.altcoinprofitability.com!

Best regards

Wink
Shkembe
Legendary

Activity: 1559
Merit: 1001

Epic Private Internet Cash

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:33:51 PM

Which is best cpu miner for this coin?

It's not public, but you can buy it from me.
Optmized miner hashes at 25H/s per core on i7 4790K, current public miner hashes at 11H/s.

I'm selling 30-40% speed boosted CPU miner, 2 BTC. Smiley
120% speed boosted, 15 BTC.

where can I download curent public miner? Not optimized, just best free one!
PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:36:54 PM

What's the current build instructions after doing git clone https://github.com/axiomcryptocurrency/axiom on CentOS 6?

depends on what it is you want to build ...

a qt wallet or daemon ...

#crysx

Qt wallet on Linux is for sissies  Grin

damn - i MUST be a sissy then Wink ...

i use them in fedora - and daemon in vps / servers ...

#crysx

Daemon please

Assuming you have installed the proper dependencies:

Code:
git clone https://github.com/axiomcryptocurrency/axiom
cd axiom/src/
make -f makefile.unix

Not sure if it's still necessary but some people have needed to add a few mkdir's and a chmod.

Code:
git clone https://github.com/axiomcryptocurrency/axiom
cd axiom/src/
mkdir obj/secp256k1
mkdir obj/secp256k1/src
chmod +x leveldb/build_detect_platform
make -f makefile.unix

Thanks, I'm currently getting this:

/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/operations.hpp:381: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::copy_file(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::filesystem::copy_option::enum_type, boost::system::error_code*)'
obj/walletdb.o: In function `operator/=<std::basic_string<char> >':
/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/path.hpp:302: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::path::codecvt()'
obj/txdb-leveldb.o: In function `operator/':
/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/path.hpp:648: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::path::operator/=(boost::filesystem::path const&)'
obj/txdb-leveldb.o: In function `remove_all':
/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/operations.hpp:502: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::remove_all(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::system::error_code*)'
obj/txdb-leveldb.o: In function `operator/':
/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/path.hpp:648: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::path::operator/=(boost::filesystem::path const&)'
obj/txdb-leveldb.o: In function `exists':
/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/operations.hpp:289: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::status(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::system::error_code*)'
obj/txdb-leveldb.o: In function `remove':
/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/operations.hpp:496: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::remove(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::system::error_code*)'
obj/txdb-leveldb.o: In function `create_directory':
/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/operations.hpp:405: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::create_directory(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::system::error_code*)'
obj/txdb-leveldb.o: In function `exists':
/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/operations.hpp:289: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::status(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::system::error_code*)'
obj/txdb-leveldb.o: In function `rename':
/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/operations.hpp:508: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::rename(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::system::error_code*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [axiomd] Error 1

Take a look in the makefile and verify that the correct boost path is being used.

Thanks, I didn't see an area to force the boost path, I'm using 1.55
Are there precompiled Linux wallets available?

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
ZaZ59

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:53:37 PM

I don't get all the uproar about the GPU miner..

How much BTC would you make on a 280x for example?

3 posts before
Topbanker

Activity: 157
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:24:08 PM

Which is best cpu miner for this coin?

It's not public, but you can buy it from me.
Optmized miner hashes at 25H/s per core on i7 4790K, current public miner hashes at 11H/s.

I'm selling 30-40% speed boosted CPU miner, 2 BTC. Smiley
120% speed boosted, 15 BTC.

where can I download curent public miner? Not optimized, just best free one!

https://github.com/tpruvot/cpuminer-multi/releases/tag/v1.1-multi
Krypt0Fr3ak

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:08:59 PM

PeaMine just some tips from past leveldb issue, usually to do with setting correct execute privs on the dir and/or creating the /obj folder under src/leveldb/obj <==

build_detect_platform <== check in here too..

cd ./Coin/src/

chmod a+x leveldb/build_detect_platform
mkdir obj
cd ..

Something like that maybe??

Also try another version of Boost lib. What does it state in the repo prerequisites?? I have not checked..

.. boost::filesystem <== check that is in your boost lib

Also make sure you compile boost and make sure it has the required dpes for this coin..
mitchellmint
Legendary

Activity: 1139

TRUSTplus Dev

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 12:48:37 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 01:04:50 AM by mitchellmint

I made a torrent with the block up to 17250 with a config file zipped.  Drop the files in your %appdata%\Axiom\ folder  This should get you synced quicker.

http://www.trustplus.co/Axiom.zip.torrent

Buy TRUSTplus.  We are building a Financial Platform.
Jake-R

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 01:00:27 AM

Is there an official website for this coin?
ozboy2014

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 01:28:12 AM

Is there an official website for this coin?
under construction
Jake-R

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 01:58:15 AM

Am I correct in assuming this is CPU only? No GPU's allowed?  Cool
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:02:16 AM

Am I correct in assuming this is CPU only? No GPU's allowed?  Cool

nope, you are not correct. read the thread a bit
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:07:18 AM

If I have crunched the numbers correctly, the current market cap of this project is, at the moment, roughly $300,000 (That's counting the final figure of 10 million coins after 4 years, being the total number of coins in circulation). By comparison with hundreds of other projects, it should be much, much higher. For instance, a coin in beta like MangoCoin, which still is not on any major exchange, currently has a total market cap 4 times higher ... and it has been valued considerably higher and it is going to be valued much, much higher.

I believe the reason for the low price, among others, is the amount of dumping that is taking place by people who keep a core position but sells the staking. Which, longer term helps the distribution and could result in a steady price rise if the devs continue delivering like they have done, with some probably unnecessary bumps, up until now.

And just for clarification purposes, the previous statements don't mean I am endorsing this project; just stating some comparison facts.
Jake-R

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:12:08 AM

Am I correct in assuming this is CPU only? No GPU's allowed?  Cool

nope, you are not correct. read the thread a bit
Which miners and GPUs are supported? I am here because NiceHash sent out an announcement about adding this coin and am very interested in a CPU only coin.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: