Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:50:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [AXIOM] AxiomMemHash, Schnorr Sigs Implemented, APOS 3.0, AXH 2.0 Proposed  (Read 204910 times)
cheb

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:41:47 AM

Your defense of the GPU is not working. Modify the code of the coin, or accept that the coin is not the CPU ONLY!
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:42:20 AM

how to stake,and how much i can make from staking if i have 10k coins ? please

Currently stakes are 60 coins per block. The 10k example was an arbitrary reference. Buy what you can afford but at the moment 10k should yield about 1-2 blocks an hour @ 60 coins per block if you have the 10k broken up in several inputs with a decent avg coin age at the current netstakeweight. Take note though that there is an emission curve and coins become less as time goes on after which it will become more again later (refer OP). Also, block rewards are of a fixed size in line with the emission curve, meaning that if you hit a block with 1 coin or with 1000 coins the reward is of fixed size and not % based, currently 60 coins.

Is 1000 coin unspent output 1000x more likely to hit a block than a 1 coin unspent output?

Anyone know this?
LordPiccolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:48:22 AM

how to stake,and how much i can make from staking if i have 10k coins ? please

Currently stakes are 60 coins per block. The 10k example was an arbitrary reference. Buy what you can afford but at the moment 10k should yield about 1-2 blocks an hour @ 60 coins per block if you have the 10k broken up in several inputs with a decent avg coin age at the current netstakeweight. Take note though that there is an emission curve and coins become less as time goes on after which it will become more again later (refer OP). Also, block rewards are of a fixed size in line with the emission curve, meaning that if you hit a block with 1 coin or with 1000 coins the reward is of fixed size and not % based, currently 60 coins.

Is 1000 coin unspent output 1000x more likely to hit a block than a 1 coin unspent output?

Anyone know this?

Wow good question. I wouldn't imagine it's 1000x more likely.

The larger the chunk, the more likely you'll find a POS block.

I have found POS blocks with chunks of 1000, 500, 400 and 200 so far. It is slowing down once the chunks get smaller.

▄███████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    ███████           ███████   
    ███████          ▄███████   
    ███████   ▄▄▄▄███████████   
    ████████████████████████▀   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
xD E L I V E R I N G   B L O C K C H A I N   T E C H N O L O G Yxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxT O   T H E   R E A L   W O R L Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
(██████████████████████████████
xphore.ioxx

██████████████████████████████████████
)
LordPiccolo

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:50:31 AM

This size of chunks concept... I have noticed in various threads about proof of stake coins discussions that seem to refer to more than just how many of a coin you leave in any one staking wallet.

Some even seem to have some kind of automatic chopping up of "coins", presumably outputs or something like that?

Some even have users talking about various plans to manually re-arrange their coins within one wallet to help or hinder staking.

So I am wondering is all that done for us automagically here or do we need to worry about fidgeting around in our wallets to stake efficiently / effectively?

-MarkM-

It's all manual Smiley - best way in my book, I know it takes more time, but you also learn more

A lot of people are new to POS but you can learn quickly buy testing out on cheaper POS coins

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
Cornett

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:52:01 AM

Hello Axiom community,

State of the Coin Report

We know we've been a bit slow to respond and answer questions in the ANN today. We're a 3 person team and we work 12-14 hours a day on this project. If we were to choose a singular point we want to spread through the community it is that we're not Copy Pasta developers, majority of what we do is hand coded by us. Creating something NEW instead of mixing the same bag of features repeatedly is what we aim to do, and will succeed at. We're a long term project. We have been watching the ann and observing. We noticed a lot of people asking about the lengthy synchronization of the wallet. This is because of the increased security of this coin.

We have however tested our multi threaded sync and it works beautifully as designed from scratch. This will be a necessity all coins, and frankly it would make a large impact on bitcoins ease of use if utilized there. We're looking forward to releasing this and a few other tweaks shortly.

Our ANN rework is coming along and in the final stages, we will have a detailed paper on the current technology that we have in the coin, and a few things we are working on. Also, for those interested, we are writing a short paper on ECDSA technology, exploits and weaknesses and why other technology is necessary.

The network however is exceedingly strong, the wallet has over an absolutely incredible amount of people opening it, so many so that our current listing of nodes is struggling to keep up. We are adding more nodes now to handle the demand.

We're very excited to work on this project, the current price action does not phase us because we as developers know that the power to impact price rests firmly within our hands, and we plan to unleash that power.

Axiom Team

I noticed that the Website is up. Good start
http:/axiomcrypto.org

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 09:01:23 AM

This size of chunks concept... I have noticed in various threads about proof of stake coins discussions that seem to refer to more than just how many of a coin you leave in any one staking wallet.

Some even seem to have some kind of automatic chopping up of "coins", presumably outputs or something like that?

Some even have users talking about various plans to manually re-arrange their coins within one wallet to help or hinder staking.

So I am wondering is all that done for us automagically here or do we need to worry about fidgeting around in our wallets to stake efficiently / effectively?

-MarkM-

It's all manual Smiley - best way in my book, I know it takes more time, but you also learn more

A lot of people are new to POS but you can learn quickly buy testing out on cheaper POS coins

So all  my "coins" are unchopped, pristine, the very sizes that I mined or was awarded for staking?

If so I have presumably been running coins as small as 5.00000000 at times if I found any PoW blocks worth five coins?

And presumably the largest individual items would be the 500-sized awards obtained by early PoW mining?

What about the order in which they are used as stake? The same order in which they were mined/awarded?

Should I expect a bunch of fast(er) stakes periodically as my size-500 chunks come around agfain in a roundrobin, longer and longer average success times as smaller and smaller awards/coinbases come around, then back again in roundrobin fashion?

If so maybe I don't need to manually mess with it as much as I would in a coin that keeps chopping up my chunks smaller and smaller?

Optimising chunkage seems like something a computer ought to be useful for, rather than something to take up human time with...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
bitcrypto10101
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:12:06 AM

when I staking coins no rewards.   Huh

How much are you staking?

High quantity of coins stands a better chance of staking.

If I buy 35k coins when price was 26k and stake 3 days I would have now 37000 coins.
I could buy now 90k coins for same price today.
I am just saying that staking is not profitable with every day connection problems.
megadestruct61

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:12:48 AM

Your defense of the GPU is not working. Modify the code of the coin, or accept that the coin is not the CPU ONLY!

What?.. Another scamcoin?.. It's sad.

So the only GPU miner I saw claimed 250 h/s.  My CPU does 50 h/s and no way uses as much electricity as a GPU.  So even if you got the GPU miner from what I see it shouldn't be much more energy efficient then your CPU and not even that much more effective.  No where near other algorithms on CPU vs GPU.
goofy73

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:14:04 AM

Devs why you are ignoring questions about gpu defense?!
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:28:14 AM

So the only GPU miner I saw claimed 250 h/s.  My CPU does 50 h/s and no way uses as much electricity as a GPU.  So even if you got the GPU miner from what I see it shouldn't be much more energy efficient then your CPU and not even that much more effective.  No where near other algorithms on CPU vs GPU.

In case of Monero mining I achieved ~280 H/s on AMD FX8350 and ~680 H/s on R9 290... Is that similar with what you are talking about?  Smiley

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
LordPiccolo

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:35:24 AM

-MarkM-

So all  my "coins" are unchopped, pristine, the very sizes that I mined or was awarded for staking?

If so I have presumably been running coins as small as 5.00000000 at times if I found any PoW blocks worth five coins?

And presumably the largest individual items would be the 500-sized awards obtained by early PoW mining?

What about the order in which they are used as stake? The same order in which they were mined/awarded?

Should I expect a bunch of fast(er) stakes periodically as my size-500 chunks come around agfain in a roundrobin, longer and longer average success times as smaller and smaller awards/coinbases come around, then back again in roundrobin fashion?

If so maybe I don't need to manually mess with it as much as I would in a coin that keeps chopping up my chunks smaller and smaller?

Optimising chunkage seems like something a computer ought to be useful for, rather than something to take up human time with...

-MarkM-

You'll find the chunks of 5 may never stake as the network weight is very high. You should expect the chunks of 500 to stake before the lower amounts, but this isn't always the case. Any chunk that has matured could in theory stake ( luck comes into this )

There are some coins that automatically bring blocks together so they have higher chance of staking but this one is a manual process and is very simple.

LP

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
eule

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:37:54 AM

Are there plans for a p2pool version?

Master mind

Activity: 691

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:42:41 AM

If I buy 35k coins when price was 26k and stake 3 days I would have now 37000 coins.
I am just saying that staking is not profitable with every day connection problems.

Interesting
ozboy2014

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:55:22 AM

He's probably just playing with ya... Grin
PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:57:14 AM

What's the current build instructions after doing git clone https://github.com/axiomcryptocurrency/axiom on CentOS 6?

depends on what it is you want to build ...

a qt wallet or daemon ...

#crysx

Qt wallet on Linux is for sissies  Grin

damn - i MUST be a sissy then Wink ...

i use them in fedora - and daemon in vps / servers ...

#crysx

Daemon please

Assuming you have installed the proper dependencies:

Code:
git clone https://github.com/axiomcryptocurrency/axiom
cd axiom/src/
make -f makefile.unix

Not sure if it's still necessary but some people have needed to add a few mkdir's and a chmod.

Code:
cd axiom/src/
mkdir obj/secp256k1
mkdir obj/secp256k1/src
chmod +x leveldb/build_detect_platform
make -f makefile.unix

Thanks, I'm currently getting this:

/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/operations.hpp:381: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::copy_file(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::filesystem::copy_option::enum_type, boost::system::error_code*)'
obj/walletdb.o: In function `operator/=<std::basic_string<char> >':
/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/path.hpp:302: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::path::codecvt()'
obj/txdb-leveldb.o: In function `operator/':
/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/path.hpp:648: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::path::operator/=(boost::filesystem::path const&)'
obj/txdb-leveldb.o: In function `remove_all':
/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/operations.hpp:502: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::remove_all(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::system::error_code*)'
/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/path.hpp:648: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::path::operator/=(boost::filesystem::path const&)'
obj/txdb-leveldb.o: In function `exists':
/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/operations.hpp:289: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::status(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::system::error_code*)'
obj/txdb-leveldb.o: In function `remove':
/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/operations.hpp:496: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::remove(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::system::error_code*)'
obj/txdb-leveldb.o: In function `create_directory':
/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/operations.hpp:405: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::create_directory(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::system::error_code*)'
/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/operations.hpp:289: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::status(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::system::error_code*)'
obj/txdb-leveldb.o: In function `rename':
/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/operations.hpp:508: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::rename(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::system::error_code*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [axiomd] Error 1

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
AxiomCryptocurrency (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:58:15 AM

-MarkM-

We are going to be addressing this exact problem, after observing the AXIOM DPOS phase. A whitepaper is in in progress.

We made some updates to the source code readme,

https://github.com/axiomcryptocurrency/axiom/blob/master/README.md

More news to come...

Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:05:45 AM

What's the current build instructions after doing git clone https://github.com/axiomcryptocurrency/axiom on CentOS 6?

depends on what it is you want to build ...

a qt wallet or daemon ...

#crysx

Qt wallet on Linux is for sissies  Grin

damn - i MUST be a sissy then Wink ...

i use them in fedora - and daemon in vps / servers ...

#crysx

Daemon please

Assuming you have installed the proper dependencies:

Code:
cd axiom/src/
make -f makefile.unix

Not sure if it's still necessary but some people have needed to add a few mkdir's and a chmod.

Code:
cd axiom/src/
mkdir obj/secp256k1
mkdir obj/secp256k1/src
chmod +x leveldb/build_detect_platform
make -f makefile.unix

Thanks, I'm currently getting this:

/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/operations.hpp:381: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::copy_file(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::filesystem::copy_option::enum_type, boost::system::error_code*)'
obj/walletdb.o: In function `operator/=<std::basic_string<char> >':
/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/path.hpp:302: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::path::codecvt()'
obj/txdb-leveldb.o: In function `remove_all':
/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/operations.hpp:502: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::remove_all(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::system::error_code*)'
obj/txdb-leveldb.o: In function `remove':
/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/operations.hpp:496: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::remove(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::system::error_code*)'
obj/txdb-leveldb.o: In function `create_directory':
/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/operations.hpp:405: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::create_directory(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::system::error_code*)'
obj/txdb-leveldb.o: In function `rename':
/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/operations.hpp:508: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::rename(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::system::error_code*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [axiomd] Error 1

Take a look in the makefile and verify that the correct boost path is being used.
bitcrypto10101
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:06:20 AM

when I staking coins no rewards.   Huh

If I buy 35k coins when price was 26k and stake 3 days I would have now 37k coins.
I am just saying that staking is not profitable with every day connection problems and dumping on exchange.

Am I playing ?

More news to come...
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:40:35 AM

when I staking coins no rewards.   Huh

If I buy 35k coins when price was 26k and stake 3 days I would have now 37k coins.
I am just saying that staking is not profitable with every day connection problems and dumping on exchange.

Am I playing ?

More news to come...

Computer problems are systematic. Many people are not experiencing any issues which means that you are doing something wrong. It can be one of a plethora of reasons local to your environment and could be something as silly as your internet connection having an issue. If there was a systematic problem everyone would be experiencing the same issue which is not the case.

Also 35k coins staked correctly would be closer to 50k after 3 days based on historic data. It could decline with networkstakeweight.
sleepdog

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:48:01 AM

AxiomCryptocurrency,

Forget to change accounts did we cheb/gaalx?
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: