Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:18:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [AXIOM] AxiomMemHash, Schnorr Sigs Implemented, APOS 3.0, AXH 2.0 Proposed  (Read 204910 times)
keesdewit
Copper Member

Activity: 1024
Merit: 513

txbit.io - cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 05:37:50 PM

The strange thing to me was that one of the stollen wallets was unlocked only for staking. IDK how the thief got that one - it was fully encrypted ...

possibly a keylogger ...

windows is riddled with stuff like that ...

especially if you have punched the keyword / password in there recently ...

#crysx

a keylogger is not enough... you need to send the stuff somewhere, or at least open a remote port...

Still I think it is in the RPC interface somewhere. He had it open for the internet like me and with the same result. Does the wallet create logging of RPC commands?

Yes, in debug.log

It is empty. Is debug logging turned on by default?

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MantaMine

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 06:35:38 PM

Get your buys in, dump starting
Krypt0Fr3ak

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 06:51:52 PM

maybe he got it before you encrypted it... else you can trust my personal windows builds (they are on github)... i might code sign them in the future...

if somebody know a cheap way to do it... (a place to buy signatures for personal users)
namescheap.com do a range of certs and can pay in BTC if thats any help..
keesdewit
Copper Member

Activity: 1024
Merit: 513

txbit.io - cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 07:16:13 PM

maybe he got it before you encrypted it... else you can trust my personal windows builds (they are on github)... i might code sign them in the future...

if somebody know a cheap way to do it... (a place to buy signatures for personal users)
namescheap.com do a range of certs and can pay in BTC if thats any help..

They offer SSL certificates that cannot be used to sign code. The certificate needs to have the code signing key usage property included (it is an OID in the certificate) The key usage properties say what the purpose of the certificate is. If code signing is not included the validation of the signature should fail with the message that the certificate is not for this purpose.

hozer

Activity: 271
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 07:31:46 PM

How can NiceHash sell GPU hashing power when their miner doesn't support the algorithm?!  Huh

edit: Nevermind, didn't notice the Miners column...

if there is a will - there is a way ... only a matter of time ...

those nicehash people know what they are doing ...

i was actually quite surprised at first that they even setup the algo so quick ...

lets see what the devs come out with over the coming weeks and months ... should be interesting ...

#crysx

So first, the best thing I see about axiom is it uses a different signature scheme than ecdsa. This could either be great, or an intentionally weak signature. Where else are schnorr signatures used?

I saw the announcement on nicehash it got me wondering how to calculate the ROI on building a system with FPGAs and fast memory. So what's going to get better long-term mining returns on Axiom... GPUs, FPGAs, or will there be a sufficient market cap for Axiom ASICs?

This 'cpu only algo' game is like whack-a-mole, fun for a little while, but if the thing ever takes off the only thing you can bet on is there will eventually be dedicated hardware.

The question is: Will the coin promote *distributed* dedicated hardware, or *centralized* dedicated hardware? Any of these promises for 'cpu only' are either wishful thinking, or outright scams by people who may very well already have an optimized GPU or FPGA mining farm running at coin launch.

If you really want to keep out the GPU/FPGA/ASIC crowd, try using something that requires reading random blocks from the blockchain so it's storage I/O limited. This has the added benefit of making sure the miners (or at least pools) run full validating nodes. The dedicated hardware in this case might be an FPGA with SATA port to a terabyte flash drive. In that case you're depending on the growth of the blockchain to obsolete the centralized dedicated hardware and make it easy for distributed mining because flash drives get bigger and cheaper all the time.
ozboy2014

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 09:12:45 PM

I got hacked today through one of axioms CPU miners. Beware mates , all the appdata content were downloaded...
not so long i lost all my crave and various ppl are reporting of different hack on different coins getting stolen. funny thing is i believe there is some sort of 0day exploit as recently malwarebyte blocked one IP trying to remote control axoim running wallet. maybe someone with skills could explore that area.
Rainbow tables can still be usefull for weak private keys. As I have read the private key can be a sha256 hash of every possible (non zero) input. Now if you take a dictionary of common words there is a change of hitting a valid private key. Like for example 'sausage' if you hash the string 'sausage' and import the (base58 encoded) outcome in your bitcoin wallet you will see that it was used. They are als usefull for keys generated with weak random number generators (like in Android or Java). I investigated the hack where I lost my coins and I do not think it was done with a trojan. My geuss is that the axiom wallet rpc interface is vulnerble for buffer overflow or maybe it uses a weak random generator. I am still investigating it, but my network logging does not show signs of a trojan.
getting closer?

make sure you add this to your conf file

rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

There are people out there that ping the nodes and try the blogged username and passwords.  It only takes a couple seconds before you loose everything once they have RPC access.

So binding the above ip and using alphanumeric user name and password should be sufficient?

Ummmm. .. someone's going to answer me question?   Grin
guppy

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 11:17:29 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2015, 11:42:57 PM by guppy

ok then:

1.will it be possible one day to have access to the gpu miner that is running for few of axiom miners that must accumulate and selling at this point much more than cpu miners, and have the possibility to make the market the way they want  ? (and I know that some cpu miners have some nice results by mining with amazon cloud or other)...

2.As it look like axiom has been made by ICM and his team, who has already fooled ppl with crave long-haul (crave is a good coin, but now neglect by the dev, making ppl frustrated and upset), will axiom have the same destiny ? Axiom wallet and crave wallet look the same, that i think ICM is behind it.
Some ppl said the same with bananabits, but i didn't look closely to this other point.

For those two reasons, axiom is not a good coin...another pump and dump from ICM team ?
This dev could achieve great thing with each of his coin if it was made honestly...
I won't invest more into axioms as long as those questions will stay unanswered...

If ICM is not axiom dev that my opinion is false, forget this point Smiley
ozboy2014

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 11:47:37 PM

Does the amount of coins you have in your wallet affect the speed of rewards under Staking?
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 12:08:22 AM

Does the amount of coins you have in your wallet affect the speed of rewards under Staking?

Yes, it's called stake weight.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 12:22:37 AM

ok then:

1.will it be possible one day to have access to the gpu miner that is running for few of axiom miners that must accumulate and selling at this point much more than cpu miners, and have the possibility to make the market the way they want  ? (and I know that some cpu miners have some nice results by mining with amazon cloud or other)...

2.As it look like axiom has been made by ICM and his team, who has already fooled ppl with crave long-haul (crave is a good coin, but now neglect by the dev, making ppl frustrated and upset), will axiom have the same destiny ? Axiom wallet and crave wallet look the same, that i think ICM is behind it.
Some ppl said the same with bananabits, but i didn't look closely to this other point.

For those two reasons, axiom is not a good coin...another pump and dump from ICM team ?
This dev could achieve great thing with each of his coin if it was made honestly...
I won't invest more into axioms as long as those questions will stay unanswered...

I don't have a way to know if these two are the same guy or not but I'll tell you one thing: He has just launched this coin and the first weekend after that he doesn't show up here nor answer very important questions through PM. That's as no good an indication as you will ever have... this side of being anonymous. So I believe your concerns and prudence are more than justified at this point.
ozboy2014

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 12:36:18 AM

Ok thanks.

..so the more the stake weight the faster the payout? sorry new to this staking biz..  Grin
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 12:43:54 AM

ok then:

I don't have a way to know if these two are the same guy or not but I'll tell you one thing: He has just launched this coin and the first weekend after that he doesn't show up here nor answer very important questions through PM. That's as no good an indication as you will ever have... this side of being anonymous. So I believe your concerns and prudence are more than justified at this point.

Yes, the fact that the dev team has been silent all weekend, does not look good. The only positive is that all the seed nodes appear to still be running...
Nassau

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 12:49:50 AM

Its more than one person so it may be that they like to work as a group, thus when they can't all communicate as one, they prefer not to be active at all regarding most things; as it is a fairly new project. I am sure once this week comes around they will have a small update. I wouldn't worry, but in the meantime feel free to give me cheap coins.
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 12:55:15 AM

Ok thanks.

..so the more the stake weight the faster the payout? sorry new to this staking biz..  Grin

Yep, that's correct.
ozboy2014

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:12:32 AM

Ok thanks.

Yep, that's correct.

Great thanks!
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:15:21 AM

Its more than one person so it may be that they like to work as a group, thus when they can't all communicate as one, they prefer not to be active at all regarding most things; as it is a fairly new project. I am sure once this week comes around they will have a small update. I wouldn't worry, but in the meantime feel free to give me cheap coins.

Well it seems that we are not exactly short of that hitting new lows every minute of two, so you must be real happy.

But only you though.
ozboy2014

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 02:56:40 AM

Name:    AxiomCryptocurrency
Activity:    14
Position:    Newbie
Date Registered:    24 July 2015, 12:39:42
Last Active:            Today at 12:34:37 (my current time 12.54pm at time of writing this  Grin )

Dropped by for a quick read... Take it however way ya want  Grin
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:04:15 AM

So is this coin a scam YES OR NO Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided
or is everyone on the FENCE Undecided
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 03:08:05 AM

ok then:

Yes, the fact that the dev team has been silent all weekend, does not look good. The only positive is that all the seed nodes appear to still be running...

people ... its the WEEKEND ...

some of the devs and people have lives they want to live - so the weekend is the only time they have to spend with family and friends ...

i know - i do the same ... weekends are for family time ( for me anyway ) and i will only work when absolutely necessary on the two days i need rest ...

im not defending the devs - but i am saying that your reactions are a little premature dont you think? ...

give it a week - or two - THEN slam them hard about not answering or responding or developing this coin ...

#crysx

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:34:48 AM

ok then:

people ... its the WEEKEND ...

some of the devs and people have lives they want to live - so the weekend is the only time they have to spend with family and friends ...

i know - i do the same ... weekends are for family time ( for me anyway ) and i will only work when absolutely necessary on the two days i need rest ...

im not defending the devs - but i am saying that your reactions are a little premature dont you think? ...

give it a week - or two - THEN slam them hard about not answering or responding or developing this coin ...

#crysx

Sorry but no: You hit the iron when it's hot. Can you imagine opening a restaurant and the first weekend leave for the beach?  Come on!
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: