Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:22:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 279 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon?  (Read 417150 times)
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 04:44:18 PM

Although it might be possible but with a very little chance. Some point that cause bitcoin can't replace dollar at the moment, like there are some lack of security , it's value still unstable, etc. And because of those, bitcoin still not get much attention as expected
MinerNetwork

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 04:47:05 PM

I do believe BITCOIN will replace DOLLAR, but I'm not sure how long it could take for this process
novadragon

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 04:57:13 PM

no, if bitcoin replace the dollar, then the financial world would be unstable
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 05:11:10 PM

No, don't think so.
If prices of Bitcoin remain fluctuating like the current dump, then Bitcoin will never be able to replace the usd ever.
So in order to replace the usd the bitcoin should have to be stable in volume and should also have wide acceptance.

MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 04:47:56 AM

I do believe BITCOIN will replace DOLLAR, but I'm not sure how long it could take for this process

I think your wrong, bitcoin will never ever can replace any currency. It will be just an alternative currency to the exiting currencies.
lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 08:17:32 AM

you are wrong bro, dollar is the best for investment because dollar is strong currency. Bitcoin is good too for invesment. One day bitcoin price will up but never can replace dollar as currency
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 08:55:57 AM

how about never? it won't happen so stop dreaming about it. set yourself some realistic goals and focus on that. bitcoin is an alternative to fiat, not a replacement.
planetroving
Legendary

Activity: 2170

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 09:48:02 AM

I highly doubt that Bitcoin will replace any currency. The dollar is very stable relative to Bitcoin, which the price frequently fluctuates, as seen in the past few years. Nonetheless, Bitcoin is a great alternative.
MUFC

Activity: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 10:47:41 AM

how about never? it won't happen so stop dreaming about it. set yourself some realistic goals and focus on that. bitcoin is an alternative to fiat, not a replacement.

I agree. I'm not sure if if it would even be a good idea to replace fiat totally but I think and hope it can become somewhat of an alternative payment system or at least a currency you can use all around the world. It already seems like a multi-national currency as its all based on math and numbers and whatever language you speak is irrelevant so that could appeal to people around the world.

HarHarHar9965

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 11:22:57 AM

I agree. I'm not sure if if it would even be a good idea to replace fiat totally but I think and hope it can become somewhat of an alternative payment system or at least a currency you can use all around the world. It already seems like a multi-national currency as its all based on math and numbers and whatever language you speak is irrelevant so that could appeal to people around the world.

Bitcoin is an alternative, not a replacement. I don't think fiat should be eleminated but rather the use of bitcoin could use more promotion. Talking about your argument regarding 'at least a currency you can use all around the world'. Bitcoin can already be accessed and used worldwide, the only reason why it fairly isn't happening as we wish is lack of adoption because lack of knowledge.
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 11:25:10 AM

Coinbase CEO believes bitcoin will replace dollar within 15 years.

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Do you think it will be true? Are you positive towards bitcoin's future status?

nope it will not... i cant see the future that has no $ ... it will be impossible. but i think bitcoin can be the strongest currency in the future.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 08:56:32 AM

Soon is relative. In terms of fiat years, soon is probably 15-20 years, then it could happen.

Although I dont think the dollar will vanish completely, bitcoin definitely will need atleast 50 years to become a globally used currency. Big changes like that dont happen overnight guys.

Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 10:59:32 AM

I highly doubt that Bitcoin will replace any currency. The dollar is very stable relative to Bitcoin, which the price frequently fluctuates, as seen in the past few years. Nonetheless, Bitcoin is a great alternative.
It does not matter if dollar is strong or weak currency. All that matters is that it is currency over which US government and financial institutions have power.
The need of quantitative easing is just too great. With clear rules of printing money US would be long time gone but since printing money is so easy status quo can be kept.
HarHarHar9965

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 11:16:55 AM

Soon is relative. In terms of fiat years, soon is probably 15-20 years, then it could happen.

Although I dont think the dollar will vanish completely, bitcoin definitely will need atleast 50 years to become a globally used currency. Big changes like that dont happen overnight guys.

yes ofcourse, we are discussing an economic revolution with some people speculating bitcoin could be used by everybody globally. I just can't adapt to such an idea because I see how gold has there for centuries, it still has great value, fiat has been super long and now bringing bitcoin to the fight, it seems bitcoin is just lacking experience. A lot of things can obviously be altered, as times change.
RealBitcoin

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 12:03:03 PM

yes ofcourse, we are discussing an economic revolution with some people speculating bitcoin could be used by everybody globally. I just can't adapt to such an idea because I see how gold has there for centuries, it still has great value, fiat has been super long and now bringing bitcoin to the fight, it seems bitcoin is just lacking experience. A lot of things can obviously be altered, as times change.

Theoretically it could be done in 5-7 years, but since the inertia of the masses, people evolve very slowly, and dont really like new things.

Bitcoin is so innovative and new that many people cant comprehend it, in my country most guys dont even have a bank account.

I think in countries where banking is popular, bitcoin could be faster,but where it is not there it might need more time for people to adapt.

Best case scenario is about 15 years, i`d give. Worst case scenario 60-70 years.

HarHarHar9965

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 12:09:18 PM

Theoretically it could be done in 5-7 years, but since the inertia of the masses, people evolve very slowly, and dont really like new things.

Bitcoin is so innovative and new that many people cant comprehend it, in my country most guys dont even have a bank account.

I think in countries where banking is popular, bitcoin could be faster,but where it is not there it might need more time for people to adapt.

Best case scenario is about 15 years, i`d give. Worst case scenario 60-70 years.

worst case scenario: never
TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 02:18:57 PM

the point is that maybe this will not happen at all, unless a big portion of the population start believing in bitcoin and use the cryptocurrency only, you can simply think that many like paying with fiat
because they know that they are using a form of money that offer a kind of security, and it's backed by the governemnt even if this mean making coins out of thin air

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
RealBitcoin

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 06:29:52 PM

the point is that maybe this will not happen at all, unless a big portion of the population start believing in bitcoin and use the cryptocurrency only, you can simply think that many like paying with fiat
because they know that they are using a form of money that offer a kind of security, and it's backed by the governemnt even if this mean making coins out of thin air

Thats the problem, because if its backed by it, then the backing can be taken anytime, so its only worth because of promise. Now what kind of financial stability is that if your value is only value because somebody else says it?

Sure value is subjective, but we are talking about 1 entity deciding what is valuable and what is not, instead of letting the community and the free market do it.

I can never understand why people are so brainwashedly fanatic about fiat money, it just doesnt excite me anymore.

Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 07:58:44 PM

Bitcoin could replace the dollar in the future if it meets the following requirements: Faster confirmation time, price stability, bigger block size and mass adoption. When all this is accomplished, we could see the day that Bitcoin would replace fiat. Nevertheless, all we can do is wait and see goes well it goes for Bitcoin. Only time will tell.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 08:09:43 PM

Yes i belive! In fact I think this could happen sooner than most relize. We have another stock bubble about to pop nobody is really talking about. The Pres. has tried to mitigate the damage but it's coming and I think we will se a HUGE influx in BTC useers.

The bubble is the biggest ponzi in history, the stock market... Baby boomers will begin retiring in 2016 and last I checked you are forced to withdraw a minimum amount of 3.5%. It was 6% but it was changed quickly and quietly. Imagin 3.5% of capital withdrawn from markets every year for the next 20-25 years. OUCH!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 279 »
  Print  

Jump to: