Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:50:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 159 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Slimcoin | First Proof of Burn currency | Decentralized Web  (Read 136776 times)
muf18

Activity: 882
Merit: 310

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:45:12 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2017, 12:56:09 PM by muf18

I'm curious, where are we going to ?

We can make (with @ksdme), new website, I thought, maybe even about marketplace, but how it makes any meaning without active exchanges?

@gjhiggins - can you tell us, what you want to do next?
@d5000 - where are we aiming for?

It's great to have decentralized team, but it would be better, if we have a little more 'centralized' plan  Grin.

Slimvm is probably going to the garbage bin, because @cryptovore, doesn't said anything more about development of it.
ACME is in the works still, so with fuseki, it could be done in a few weeks/months (thinking, what @d5000, have told us).
Rest is a big mysterious.

@gavrillo77 - it's one of these website, which just takes data from coinmarketcap, I have seen it quite a few in a while.
Doesn't matter, cause nova is closing. We can pray XD, that there will be a new one instead of nova, and they'll list us, but it's going to be on april, with a big IF...

trex would be a good solution, to have some liquidity, tho, I don't know, if they would even consider us (no official dev, no official roadmap, semi-official website).
Binance - rather not, I thought maybe aex? These Chinese, maybe would like us, it's old BTC38, redesign to be internation exchange.

Yobit? Haha, maybe someone has 0.1BTC to spare to see, if they can list us, we won't have probablyany hard forks, in future, nonetheless, it would bring something?
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 6587

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:48:31 PM

Well, I have posted my "personal roadmap" just a few days (1-2 weeks) ago Wink

For me, obviously the plan should be to be used "as a currency" and to complete gjhiggins' idea to use Slimcoin as a tool for decentralized publishing.

The dependance on centralized exchanges is however a problem. And the current "altcoin culture" favours business-like altcoins with a strictly centralized structure.

I however would like to continue following the Bitcoin model. They have no "boss", but they can have plans, like e.g. Segwit, via their BIP system. But their model is harder to follow for a small altcoin like Slimcoin, that's true, than if we had a "big boss dev".

About exchanges: I read in the Cryptonite thread that AEX is maybe too strict with its requirements; they are about to delist XCN. They mentioned stocks.exchange as a possible alternative. I however haven't ready anything about how to apply to get listed there.

My dream would be an exchange that concentrates on "innovative altcoins" or "unique altcoins". That would be also an item of my idea to form an "unique altcoin group". SuperNET had initially a similar idea, but they have become a closed group as far as I know. Such an initiative must however generate some buzz to be successful, so it would mean a lot of work with PR and communication. I first want to finish my web2web prototype ... and the website, as you insist so much on it ...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
muf18

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:12:57 PM

Well, I don't insist, I just thought it would be nice to use something, that's abadoned, and it's style was quite nice.

About aex - I don't think so, @pallas, just said to me, that they are going to open wallet, and have full trading.

I'm about to write to all exchange on this website https://exchangewar.info and on coinmarketcap, also I wrote to coinsmarkets.com, since people told that they list anyone.

For now I don't think market with crypto will change, it transformed from programmers/developers/engineers, and geeks market, which pursue to find innovation, into business like opportunity, with enormous profits. It's something, what I was feared too, but it happened.

For now I think, we can just make inquries to all those exchanges, after website replacement, and later, we can try to develop our own tools?
I have seen, some open-sources projects for exchanges/marketplaces, just a thought.
rifiuti

Activity: 320
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:26:18 PM

Well, I have posted my "personal roadmap" just a few days (1-2 weeks) ago Wink

For me, obviously the plan should be to be used "as a currency" and to complete gjhiggins' idea to use Slimcoin as a tool for decentralized publishing.

The dependance on centralized exchanges is however a problem. And the current "altcoin culture" favours business-like altcoins with a strictly centralized structure.

I however would like to continue following the Bitcoin model. They have no "boss", but they can have plans, like e.g. Segwit, via their BIP system. But their model is harder to follow for a small altcoin like Slimcoin, that's true, than if we had a "big boss dev".

About exchanges: I read in the Cryptonite thread that AEX is maybe too strict with its requirements; they are about to delist XCN. They mentioned stocks.exchange as a possible alternative. I however haven't ready anything about how to apply to get listed there.

My dream would be an exchange that concentrates on "innovative altcoins" or "unique altcoins". That would be also an item of my idea to form an "unique altcoin group". SuperNET had initially a similar idea, but they have become a closed group as far as I know. Such an initiative must however generate some buzz to be successful, so it would mean a lot of work with PR and communication. I first want to finish my web2web prototype ... and the website, as you insist so much on it ...

I don't know about the exchange but P2P dev model, no premine, proof-of-burn all interesting concepts for an altcoin. Truly interesting.

Yet, I would argue on exchanges because what's important now is;

1. Building a solid community
2. Creating a desire point
3. Creating a demand

Solid community full of developers, thinkers will lead to spark good ideas all the time, which it's the crucial part of Slimcoin because it's P2P developing nature. Desire point means giving incentives to traders, miners basically something to attract buyers/sellers and miners.

Soon as community grows, problems will find it's way to surface. Which problems here should not be seen as "bad things" because problems what makes coins, humans, basically everything to take a step forward.
muf18

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:50:32 PM

@rifiuti - strong points.
But as much, as I can I encourage here community, and in the end, it's without effect :/.
But I'll try even harder, and I'll be doing more.

I have some good news
Nova maybe, won't close
"Discussions with new owners are going well and it seems very likely that there will be a simple way to migrate from old site to new site (same domain, just new management). Hopefully this will be ready around February 2018. More information will be published as soon as we know more.
"
gavrilo77

Activity: 819
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:38:24 PM

Good thing that SLM is not among coins for delisting from Nova on 30.12

https://novaexchange.com/news/

muf18

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:44:54 PM

It wouldn't be fair, because we had trading activity up to the point, where they have said, about closing exchange.
At least now, we can be a little more hopeful.
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:56:18 PM

Well, I don't insist, I just thought it would be nice to use something, that's abadoned, and it's style was quite nice.

It's OK Grin I understand you, because the current design is very basic. I'm starting now to look at the integration with the current structure.

For now I don't think market with crypto will change, it transformed from programmers/developers/engineers, and geeks market, which pursue to find innovation, into business like opportunity, with enormous profits. It's something, what I was feared too, but it happened.
Yes, and that is not fully negative - it's OK to have some professionalization, but the problem is that projects with very poor fundamentals (above all, ERC20-type ICO tokens) are having so much exposition that more interesting projects like Slimcoin or Cryptonite are somewhat "put in the shadows". But this bubble will burst eventually - maybe this consolidation/shakeout has already begun, ETH and tokens are not profiting much of this Bitcoin rally, for example.

For now I think, we can just make inquries to all those exchanges, after website replacement, and later, we can try to develop our own tools?
I have seen, some open-sources projects for exchanges/marketplaces, just a thought.
Yep, that would be cool, and I would encourage it as part of a cooperation with other altcoins, because running an exchange requires a lot of security-related knowledge and I think it's better to share it among various projects. And, obviously, if we can adopt BIP65 then the Atomic Swap type exchanges would be open to us, too.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
muf18

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:06:37 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2017, 09:40:09 PM by muf18

Yes, and that is not fully negative - it's OK to have some professionalization, but the problem is that projects with very poor fundamentals (above all, ERC20-type ICO tokens) are having so much exposition that more interesting projects like Slimcoin or Cryptonite are somewhat "put in the shadows". But this bubble will burst eventually - maybe this consolidation/shakeout has already begun, ETH and tokens are not profiting much of this Bitcoin rally, for example.

Yep, that would be cool, and I would encourage it as part of a cooperation with other altcoins, because running an exchange requires a lot of security-related knowledge and I think it's better to share it among various projects. And, obviously, if we can adopt BIP65 then the Atomic Swap type exchanges would be open to us, too.

Yes, people are dumping some of that ICOs, but not all, and definately, they are worth at least 10x too much.
Great idea, with cooperation with other altcoins groups, we can build good exchange, with all of them.
Cryptonite group should be interested. I'll also look for other groups.
Datacoin hope so, too. That's three, than. Now I'm searching through coinmarketcap, but all <1M USD projects, seems to be garbage, with just changed specs,
based on Litecoin/Bitcoin/Peercoin 99.(99)%
gavrilo77

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:52:55 PM

Yes, people are dumping some of that ICOs, but not all, and definately, they are worth at least 10x too much.
Great idea, with cooperation with other altcoins groups, we can build good exchange, with all of them.
Cryptonite group should be interested. I'll also look for other groups.
Datacoin hope so, too. That's three, than. Now I'm searching through coinmarketcap, but all <1M USD projects, seems to be garbage, with just changed specs,
based on Litecoin/Bitcoin/Peercoin 99.(99)%

I would put in the group of those three DNotes, Myriad and Gap coin
muf18

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:59:25 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2017, 10:18:51 PM by muf18

Can you write to them, as it seems you have contact with them?

Edit: strange, if I want to send more than 10000 SLM to one of my wallets, it keeps saying, it cannot proceed transactions. Why?
gavrilo77

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:37:59 PM

Can you write to them, as it seems you have contact with them?

Edit: strange, if I want to send more than 10000 SLM to one of my wallets, it keeps saying, it cannot proceed transactions. Why?

So many small transactions i think you have. Split it on two or three
muf18

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:47:04 PM

Yes it was that. Thanks, sometimes forgot simple things.
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:18:33 AM

Well, I managed to make the menu of the new website design work now with Jekyll and multiple languages Smiley

However, there is still a problem with the sub-pages; they look for the CSS and JS resources in their own subdirectory (e.g. slimco.in/about/) instead of the main css/js folders. That should be solvable however, as the current slimco.in page does also use CSS files and there it works. Too much copy-and-paste Wink

Also I will reorganize the "categories", so we can divide the subpages into two menus ("Technology" and "Help & Tools").
That all shouldn't take more than a few days. A "nice to have" would be to display the flags associated to the languages instead of the language names, but here I would have to look at Semantic UI how that could be achieved.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 02:26:51 AM

A "nice to have" would be to display the flags associated to the languages instead of the language names, but here I would have to look at Semantic UI how that could be achieved.

<i class="ae flag"></i>

https://semantic-ui.com/elements/flag.html

Cheers

Graham
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:45:48 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 04:44:30 AM by d5000

Thanks Graham!

Now the difficult question is: which flag to use for English? UK or US? Grin
(I assume you vote for the first one, me too ... but is there some kind of "standard" for language flags?)

I've solved the subpages problem now. There's still need for some tweaking. The header with the "Slimcoin sun" in my opinion is too big for the content pages. I'll look if I can create an alternative header without that "sun" that is displayed only at the content pages - maybe the CSS gurus can help me here, to make it look similar to the main page header?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
GTTIGER

Activity: 527
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:39:43 AM

Just realized that slim can gain a lot.. It is only on novaexchange and there is no deposit option. People can't dump and most big players have taken coins off the exchange because they can mine. I don't like pump and dumps but a price increase would cause more people to be aware of the project. Wish I still had some btc on nova haha.  Grin

muf18

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:48:29 AM

Thanks Graham!

Now the difficult question is: which flag to use for English? UK or US? Grin
(I assume you vote for the first one, me too ... but is there some kind of "standard" for language flags?)

I've solved the subpages problem now. There's still need for some tweaking. The header with the "Slimcoin sun" in my opinion is too big for the content pages. I'll look if I can create an alternative header without that "sun" that is displayed only at the content pages - maybe the CSS gurus can help me here, to make it look similar to the main page header?

You didn't pull changes, that @ksdme, have submitted, before changing files? I think it was a few substantial changes, with optimalization and other important things.
polystyrenefussy

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:59:29 PM

The potential of this project is very good, coupled with a team that has great ability (judging by how the team answers all the questions in this forum)
muf18

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:59:45 PM

New files for Slimcoin:

Ubuntu compilation X64 from master tree (Slimcoin v.0.5.1 for Ubuntu X64, please test, it's a test compiliation, but should work):

https://mega.nz/#!Un4UzBQB!WhJyO3VKN0UQMQca5n9qDLmrZVlzuoRleuBVJ6gk5K4

Windows executable newest version (minikiz is dead):

https://mega.nz/#!xuRDDTRJ!ObrsY4qASZOkHICkieLncq1wq8mPI1vyG290PdRbwPM

Snapshot from 10.12.2017r.

https://mega.nz/#!QnxkwTbK!et6c6zINNHuGAgU1wqil5fw_oxOyek2Zv_MWl2x8XT4

Slimcoin Client AIO Project with v.0.5.1 and 10.12.2017r. blockchain (please, try it, I can't test it, because I can't have virtual machine right now)

https://mega.nz/#!k64GiRYT!_WG8Ew1sccV_Eit1UHwAJPcQsrLoQ7kl_P8M3FvcicY
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 159 »
  Print  

Jump to: