Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:03:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 159 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Slimcoin | First Proof of Burn currency | Decentralized Web  (Read 136745 times)
muf18

Activity: 882
Merit: 310

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:31:14 PM

I know, it's not a centralized project, or any of this way.

But we as a collected teal organization, we have some vision, which we are pursuing right? Web2Web, is one of the main goals here.

It's not that, everyone is working on other projects, because, we agreed to some development plan right?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 02:12:43 PM

I know, it's not a centralized project, or any of this way.

But we as a collected teal organization, we have some vision, which we are pursuing right? Web2Web, is one of the main goals here.

It's not that, everyone is working on other projects, because, we agreed to some development plan right?

Slimcoin acts as a collective intelligence (and I take the straightforward approach of accepting that de facto), the point being that your assessment is as valuable as anyone else's - whoever you are. That's what decentralisation means.

Let's take a couple of hypothetical examples, let's say that you're keen on getting more people to speculate in Slimcoin prices at ccexchanges whereas I don't see that aspect as central, so my focus is in a completely different area. One plan or two? Can you count one individual's aspirations as a plan? The posting history testifies to a mostly mature social group with several disparate interest areas; some with and some without a technical aspect and with various degrees of engagement and involvment but the really, really crucial thing is that the how and when is entirely up to them.

Cheers

Graham
blockhash7

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:34:15 PM

Graham, you're right. Any truly decentralized system is free from having a well defined unchangeable goal. Slimcoin is no exception. However, if there's a majority with a common goal, it is very likely that this goal will be pursued.

So there's the question to all of us:  What is Slimcoin for you? What do you think Slimcoin's vision should be?

For me the answer lies within Slimcoin's name. Slimcoin should be a "slim" cryptocurrency in all respects. It should be a cryptocurrency for all users and all devices - even for devices with very limited capabilities. Proof-Of-Burn is a fantastic startpoint because it enables everyone to mine independently from CPU-power. That's great!

A next (big) step could be to reduce the disk-space usage of Slimcoin to a minimum. This would be possible if Slimcoin would switch to mini-blockchain scheme (http://cryptonite.info/wiki/index.php?title=Mini-blockchain_scheme) like Cryptonite. Then Slimcoin would be really slim! You could have a wallet that runs on an old smartphone, synchronizes in 5 minutes and starts to mine on that device!
bobitza202

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:34:20 PM

Cryptopia seems to have an interesting listing offer for novaexchange listed coins.It comes about 2BTC, not exactly cheap though  Sad

iguanodon1

Activity: 9
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:49:35 PM

Hi Everyone,

A couple of months ago I bought some Slim, and today, I started staking them.  However, there seems to be two problems.
One is that I am getting huge  amounts of minted coins, generally around 16670 or 7490 per block.  Is this a bug, or is it because I bought coins that had not been staked for ages?
The second issue is that they all, so far, have become orphaned. Sometimes I will get 3 confirmations on one of them before it becomes unconfirmed.

Some more information:
I have about 40000 Slim, and am staking with 0 reserve balance.
I am running from the latest source from github on Ubuntu 17.10.

Any idea what is going here?

I just had the same problem when I was trying to stake: my client was minting blocks with huge rewards and none of them were accepted by the network.
Switching to the older SLMv0.5.0 version (commit 8382d7f) resolved that problem for me.

Looking at the code, I think the change to GetProofOfStakeReward(int64 nCoinAge, u32int nTime) in commit 7d4cacc is responsible for this and should probably be reverted.
gavrilo77

Activity: 819
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:54:23 PM

I have sent yesterday evening some SLM to the Coinsmarket. In my wallet i have like 700 confirmation now, but on the exchange it says 0 confirmations. Their support showed me that status with them. I have sent another small amount and that was fine. Where can be a problem, that my first transaction is not confirmed yet at the exchnage
muf18

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:29:11 PM

I can send them message, if you told me, what is txid.
Btw. Kilari told me that, he has idea how to seed whole wikipedia through web2web. I really think this is gonna be huge. I can't understand why network hash is so low still. I'm still working on some marketing, thinking about it.
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 06:29:48 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 06:40:07 PM by gjhiggins

Looking at the code, I think the change to GetProofOfStakeReward(int64 nCoinAge, u32int nTime) in commit 7d4cacc is responsible for this and should probably be reverted.

Absolutely. Great catch. That change is completely spurious. Reverted.

https://github.com/slimcoin-project/Slimcoin/commit/79b206e2a85ae03ae0962c76a6357f7bc419e2a9

Cheers

Graham
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6171

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:23:03 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 07:37:41 PM by d5000

I will need to have detailed description of our project, what's aiming for, and what's our plans for future.
I know some of it, but we need all information we have. Can you help me?
Also interview with 'team' (as we can describe ourselves as team - cause we are developing it).
I must second gjhiggins here. In my opinion, the Slimcoin community has - on a much smaller scale - much in common with Bitcoin - it's decentralized, not company-owned. Would you speak, if talking about Bitcoin, about a "vision" or "goal"? Like Bitcoin, Slimcoin is also a general-purpose currency, not a project that concentrates on a specific task (like, for example, projects like Sia, Namecoin or even Ethereum). So it's goal must be to be used, as currency or as "valuable".

Slimcoin's "unique feature" is still Proof of Burn. The rest - e.g. the decentralized web - are projects that are possible with Slimcoin and are powered by some members of the community. These projects will make Slimcoin more useful, but I wouldn't describe it a "the one and only vision" for it.

@blockhash7: I mostly agree, also about the "slim" part. But I think we should not switch to the mini-blockchain scheme. The reason is that this scheme doesn't allow contracts with the Script language and "forgets" old blockchain entries - so it couldn't be used anymore for the "decentralized web". Cryptonite is awesome as a cash replacement, but for other purposes its scope is more limited.

The linkage is crude, needs to be refined to use an async messaging facility instead of just bash shell. (I'm even toying with the notion of running the three processes each on a separate machine, make each process resource-independent of t'other if the context turns out to require it.)
[...]
It sounds as if the blocknotify script isn't functioning properly. If you're running a standard Python dev setup (i.e. using a virtual environment), then you can run the shell and Python scripts in ${ACME}/scripts and the test scripts in ${ACME}/acme/tests (which have “debug” and “test” boolean flags for this purpose).

Oh, sorry, I should have clarified - I still haven't enabled real-time update because I need still to figure out the best configuration (when should "catchup" be triggered, and when the standard blocknotify is enough; having also reorgs in mind like we discussed on the previous page).

I have changed the blocknotify scripts a bit - like every n00b would do, I've taken away the unittest dependency so I could pass command line arguments and use one single script for multiple purposes Wink But it's still a crude solution, maybe more crude than before because it's less error-resistant, but it basically does what I want. Basically, the catchup script I changed allows loops now, to be able to catchup faster if the RDF blockchain falls behind. (An idea: This changed script could be renamed to something like "blocknotify-cli" or "catchup-cli", so it's more clear that it's made to work with human interaction and not to be triggered "autonomously" like your original scripts.)

I'm very interested in the notion of signed graphs, but had still no time to study the concept in depth - but your post with the easy examples from a couple of days ago has not been ignored Wink.

Thanks for your work, ACME is already awesome, and yes, there is no hurry, let it mature Smiley

(Edited the message to clarify some things.)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
muf18

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:38:27 PM

I know we aren't company, nor I insisted to even, say such statement.
But we are revolving development around, some concentrated efforts into some innovator works here, and as comparic has described Peercoin, I will try to make it like this.
https://comparic.pl/altcoin-peercoin/

In interview I will emphasize that we're decentralized teal organization.
metare

Activity: 93
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:54:49 PM

Hi all
I intend to migrate my wallet to a Raspi 3 but couldn't work out a way to compile either the daemon or the qt-slimcoin version.
The used OS is the current raspbian (debian stretch) and so far the compilation crashes because of missing db_cxx.h. I tried installing the Berkeley DB 4.8 according to this instruction:
http://blog.buena.co.id/install-berkeleydb-4-8-debain-8-jessie/
Unfortunately this didn't do the job and now I'm stuck.
Sadly, I'm rather unexperienced with Linux and the raspi was intended to familiarise with it, so any help is greatly appreciated.

To add something to the recent discussion: What drew me to slimcoin is the decentralised value system, that uses the Tri-Hybrid-Blocks for long term stability of value and high energy efficency.
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:15:14 PM

@muf18: Yes, I think Peercoin can also be well compared to SLM - the "current" Peercoin, not the Peercoin "governed" by Sunny King for years. They have a slightly more hierachical organisation than Slimcoin (for example, they have an "official development team", although it's open and everybody can enter or leave it if he contributes significantly) but they stay decentralized.

The used OS is the current raspbian (debian stretch) and so far the compilation crashes because of missing db_cxx.h. I tried installing the Berkeley DB 4.8 according to this instruction:
I had the same problem on an obscure Linux distribution called PCLinuxOS that installed db_cxx in a non-standard location. Maybe it works for you.
My solution:
- Look where db_cxx.h is located
Code:
locate db_cxx.h
- Include the directory in the Makefile
Code:
-I /directory-where-db_cxx-resides/
---> in the Makefile for the qt client, there is a variable called INCPATH where you can add it at the end.
---> in the makefile.unix in the src subdirectory, I added it to CXXFLAGS.

Edit: Maybe your problem is also simply that you haven't installed the development files. I am using Debian Jessie and the package version here is libdb5.3++-dev (in Stretch it may be a higher version).

To add something to the recent discussion: What drew me to slimcoin is the decentralised value system, that uses the Tri-Hybrid-Blocks for long term stability of value and high energy efficency.
That is also my main reason to be here. I think for these reasons Proof of Burn is a extremely interesting, and very underrated, experiment; its long-term benefits will become more obvious when the currency and its market matures.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
muf18

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:25:12 PM

D5000 - to have markets matured, we must be open to various interviews, and as such description on portals, don't you think?

@ksdme finished paper wallet.
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:49:22 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 09:08:19 PM by d5000

D5000 - to have markets matured, we must be open to various interviews, and as such description on portals, don't you think?
Did I question that? I'm sorry if it seemed so. No, my remark was only a hint what I would like to see in such an interview. You could give them the examples of Peercoin & Bitcoin to show that not every cryptocurrency out there must have "roadmaps", a company behind it, "official goals" and an "official team". That's all ...

@ksdme finished paper wallet.
Cool!

PS: I've looked at @ksdme's last commits and they look good. Later I look into the baseurl/logo problem and merge the updates into the main website. I'll also add the paper wallet to the website and the OP here.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
muf18

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:57:36 PM

Do you think about some community involvement, how to achieve it? Ksdme is preparing faucet, but he gave us a lot, so I'm thinking, what I could do. @blockhash7 said that he could be spreading some word on reddit, anything more? 4Chan I was a few times mentioning slimcoin. What's more we can do?
metare

Activity: 93
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:10:55 PM

[...]

I had the same problem on an obscure Linux distribution called PCLinuxOS that installed db_cxx in a non-standard location. Maybe it works for you.
My solution:
- Look where db_cxx.h is located
Code:
locate db_cxx.h
- Include the directory in the Makefile
Code:
-I /directory-where-db_cxx-resides/
---> in the Makefile for the qt client, there is a variable called INCPATH where you can add it at the end.
---> in the makefile.unix in the src subdirectory, I added it to CXXFLAGS.

Edit: Maybe your problem is also simply that you haven't installed the development files. I am using Debian Jessie and the package version here is libdb5.3++-dev (in Stretch it may be a higher version).

[...]

Thanks for the fast response. Good news is: adding the path to the Makefile worked. Bad news: I got a new array of errors related to the class CBigNum

Not sure how this happened.

About the libdb5.3++-dev, I recall while searching for my problem in the forum, that gjhiggins mentioned that this would interfere with portability of the wallet.
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:18:18 PM

Thanks for the fast response. Good news is: adding the path to the Makefile worked. Bad news: I got a new array of errors related to the class CBigNum
https://ibb.co/eHz1Mb

Uh. I know this problem from Cryptonite ...
It's a well known problem in many altcoins, because OpenSSL 1.1+ isn't compatible with the old code.
If you want a short term workaround, if you can, you could install OpenSSL 1.0.x again, but it's not easy in some distributions. (I wasn't able to do it)

Peercoin has a commit that solved it, but it's from the 0.6 branch: https://github.com/peercoin/peercoin/commit/5b09830e5de0f5105534e69dbf4acffb3255869b

@muf18: I think you're doing an awesome "job" with Twitter, Reddit & Facebook ... so relax a bit, when the decentralized web gets usable, there'll be much work Wink (If I have time next week I'll do a short introduction about web2web, and compare it to the other solutions, so if you want you can then translate it to Polish)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
muf18

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:28:45 PM

Didn't @gjhiggins started Slimcoin v0.6 branch?
I think he started working on it, tho I don't know where he is now.

And if we want to be used as a real cryptocurrency some payment gateways, would be necessary. As @gjhiggins stated, I think that as a cryptocurrency, SLM failed for now, it can be viewed as a store of value (it somehow, stored valued through these turbulent years), investment (Proof-of-burn consensus) and utility token, as I was talking with Graham. With fully fledged blockchain, and these features developed it's still better than 90%+ of ICOs, code-wise superior advanced to them. I don't say that to be 'proud' or anything, just stating, facts.

@d5000 - sure, thanks, I could done more, but was a little lazy for a few days. Still, what we lack is some community involvement, and I don't mean - there are a few new people now, which is great, but as I would think more, shading light to project. I know it could bring some shillers, trolls and other 'cryptonuts' guys, with fomo and 🚀 gifs, but would also bring some valueable people, who could help us also.
blockhash7

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:11:14 PM

@blockhash7: I mostly agree, also about the "slim" part. But I think we should not switch to the mini-blockchain scheme. The reason is that this scheme doesn't allow contracts with the Script language and "forgets" old blockchain entries - so it couldn't be used anymore for the "decentralized web". Cryptonite is awesome as a cash replacement, but for other purposes its scope is more limited.

Thank you for your answer! Are the concepts of the mini-blockchain scheme and the concept of the decentralized web really mutually exclusive? I thought the web2web service uses the blockchain just as a directory service and the actual website data is stored in a torrent? (maybe I’m mistaken here. Sorry I couldn’t find much information about the web2web publishing part) I think it‘s possible to apply the concept of the account tree of the mini-blockchain scheme to stored key/value pairs in the blockchain. Just like the account tree forgets about old account-states, it could forget about old values of keys. In this way you can store data in the mini-blockchain and minimize its footprint. To keep it „slim“, so to say.
muf18

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:24:51 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 11:18:14 PM by muf18

It could be possible probably, but if you prune blockchain, how would you retrieve torrent hash?
I like concept of mini-blockchain, as it has quite a few appliances, and could be scalable with a few tricks:
- like 10-20M blocks
- fast txs - I think with our consensus 15-30 sec
- maybe we ocould take mini-blockchain idea with pruning some data in the tx
- segwit

It would make 2K-4K tx/s possible, tho there are a lot of question regarding, is this sustainable, and if nodes would proceed such amount of data.

Probably not, so I think, we don't have for now 'problem'.

Btw I see that every fork of zcash and monero are just skyrocketing. I mean ok, they are privacy coins, but I dont know if someone is even thinking, what's buying into.
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 159 »
  Print  

Jump to: