Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:05:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Slimcoin | First Proof of Burn currency | Decentralized Web  (Read 136741 times)
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6095

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 06:32:49 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2019, 11:58:36 PM by d5000

I'm using version 0.3.2.1 alpha of the wallet app. I've set up a reserve balance in the config app, but I haven't noticed anything going on. Other than unlocking your wallet for minting, is there anyway to ensure that the wallet is actually staking? I'd appreciate any help!
0.3.2.1 is a pretty old version. Which OS are you using? If using Linux I would recommend you to compile the current Git "master" branch where recently a staking bug was fixed: https://github.com/slimcoin-project/Slimcoin/tree/master

For windows and without having to compile the code, the last release was: https://github.com/slimcoin-project/Slimcoin/releases/tag/SLMv0.5.0 (I am almost sure it worked well). There were other inofficial releases on minkiz.co, but I don't remember if the last one already contains the bug that prevents staking.

I guess that you're not receiving PoS rewards (you see them in the transaction list), otherwise you wouldn't ask. If your biggest UTXO (an UTXO is, in a simplified manner, the coins you got in one single transaction) is superior to 1000 and you haven't transacted with these coins for more than 30 days, you should at least find a stake block every now and then.

The reservebalance must be lower than "your balance minus the UTXOs with those you want to stake". An example:
- You got the following UTXOs (transactions): 300, 600, 1500 (total: 2400)
- You want to stake with the UTXO that cointains 1500 coins.
- Thus, your reservebalance must be 900 or lower (2400 - 1500), otherwise you can't stake with the 1500-coins-UTXO.

If nothing is working, try turning the reservebalance off (open "Help"->"Debug window" and type "reservebalance false").

PS: FreiExchange is allowing deposits/withdrawals again Smiley

Longer PS: I have just checked the following thread in Peercointalk. It seems that in the debug.log in your data directory (e.g. /home/myuser/.slimcoin or on Windows a Slimcoin folder in the "Application Data" directory) you can find information about if you're staking.

Search for the following messages there:

- ThreadStakeMinter started
- CPUMiner started for proof-of-stake: Both messages seem to indicate that your client is starting to trying to mint ("to stake").
- CPUMiner : proof-of-stake block found - This seems to indicate that your client has successfully found a block. However, it's still not accepted by other clients in the network.

When you find a transaction in  your wallet giving you a minting reward, and this transaction is being confirmed, then staking was finally successful.

If you find transactions, but they are greyed out, then your PoS blocks are not accepted. This can happen because of the bug I outlined some messages before and confirmed by Graham, which has been solved in the latest master commits (and only affects you if you used experimental code). If your PoS blocks are never accepted, then you'll victim of this bug (or another one) and have to update your client.

Maybe this is the ultimate solution for the frequently asked question "Am I staking or not?" Wink

Edit: As I just saw in the Slimcoin code (line 5375 of main.cpp and the following), there are three cases where the "CPUMiner started for proof-of-stake" message will appear, but the mint process won't be starting:
- Your blockchain is still not up to date (IsInitialBlockDownload()).
- You have no connections (vNodes.empty())
- Your wallet is locked (pwallet->IsLocked())

As long as the process doesn't hang, and the message appears AND the conditions are filled, you are definitively staking.

Will try to document that ASAP on the Slimcoin homepage or the Wiki.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
casper77
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 03:35:03 AM

d5000, tell me please - estimated POS earnings from 30K SLM ?
i switch off staking because there were too many small inputs every day
maybe i'm doing something wrong ?
version 0.5.0.0-g8e9fe2c-alpha
thanks
wingless

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 02:50:54 PM

I'm using version 0.3.2.1 alpha of the wallet app. I've set up a reserve balance in the config app, but I haven't noticed anything going on. Other than unlocking your wallet for minting, is there anyway to ensure that the wallet is actually staking? I'd appreciate any help!
0.3.2.1 is a pretty old version. Which OS are you using? If using Linux I would recommend you to compile the current Git "master" branch where recently a staking bug was fixed: https://github.com/slimcoin-project/Slimcoin/tree/master

For windows and without having to compile the code, the last release was: https://github.com/slimcoin-project/Slimcoin/releases/tag/SLMv0.5.0 (I am almost sure it worked well). There were other inofficial releases on minkiz.co, but I don't remember if the last one already contains the bug that prevents staking.

I guess that you're not receiving PoS rewards (you see them in the transaction list), otherwise you wouldn't ask. If your biggest UTXO (an UTXO is, in a simplified manner, the coins you got in one single transaction) is superior to 1000 and you haven't transacted with these coins for more than 30 days, you should at least find a stake block every now and then.

The reservebalance must be lower than "your balance minus the UTXOs with those you want to stake". An example:
- You got the following UTXOs (transactions): 300, 600, 1500 (total: 2400)
- You want to stake with the UTXO that cointains 1500 coins.
- Thus, your reservebalance must be 900 or lower (2400 - 1500), otherwise you can't stake with the 1500-coins-UTXO.

If nothing is working, try turning the reservebalance off (open "Help"->"Debug window" and type "reservebalance false").

PS: FreiExchange is allowing deposits/withdrawals again Smiley

Longer PS: I have just checked the following thread in Peercointalk. It seems that in the debug.log in your data directory (e.g. /home/myuser/.slimcoin or on Windows a Slimcoin folder in the "Application Data" directory) you can find information about if you're staking.

Search for the following messages there:

- ThreadStakeMinter started
- CPUMiner started for proof-of-stake: Both messages seem to indicate that your client is starting to trying to mint ("to stake").
- CPUMiner : proof-of-stake block found - This seems to indicate that your client has successfully found a block. However, it's still not accepted by other clients in the network.

When you find a transaction in  your wallet giving you a minting reward, and this transaction is being confirmed, then staking was finally successful.

If you find transactions, but they are greyed out, then your PoS blocks are not accepted. This can happen because of the bug I outlined some messages before and confirmed by Graham, which has been solved in the latest master commits (and only affects you if you used experimental code). If your PoS blocks are never accepted, then you'll victim of this bug (or another one) and have to update your client.

Maybe this is the ultimate solution for the frequently asked question "Am I staking or not?" Wink

Edit: As I just saw in the Slimcoin code (line 5375 of main.cpp and the following), there are three cases where the "CPUMiner started for proof-of-stake" message will appear, but the mint process won't be starting:
- Your blockchain is still not up to date (IsInitialBlockDownload()).
- You have no connections (vNodes.empty())
- Your wallet is locked (pwallet->IsLocked())

As long as the process doesn't hang, and the message appears AND the conditions are filled, you are definitively staking.

Will try to document that ASAP on the Slimcoin homepage or the Wiki.

Hi d5000,

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm using windows 7. In the past, I've tried multiple times to use the newest version of the wallet app, but it would always crash on me, especially when mining. The only version that does not crash on me is version 0.5.0.0 Sad

Thank you very much for explaining how to set up the reserve balance, I unfortunately had entered it in correctly and that's why my wallet was not staking. However, after putting in the reserve balance staking began, the wallet has been freezing on me, and I can no longer mine. Even though the wallet is non-responsive, I still see that staking occurs (after restarting the wallet I see the new transactions appear). I looked at the directions for staking on slimco.in and it sounds like I need to minimize the number of inputs for staking. I've tried to do this in the past by sending myself a payment, but the wallet app crashed and after restarting, I could no longer connect to any peers. Fast forward a whole bunch of troubleshooting and some "voodoo computing" I was able to wallet to re-sync to the network. Since then, I've been a little scared to try sending myself another transaction. Is there anything you'd recommend me trying out to avoid this issue?

I've been trying to get into Slimcoin for the past few years, but unfortunately the issue of the wallet crashing has made it hard to be consistently involved with it, if there is something I'm doing wrong, please let me know. Thank you again for the detailed advice.
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 05:55:48 PM

d5000, tell me please - estimated POS earnings from 30K SLM ?
i switch off staking because there were too many small inputs every day
maybe i'm doing something wrong ?
version 0.5.0.0-g8e9fe2c-alpha
Slimcoin has the original Peercoin PoS (sometimes referred to as "PoS v1"). That means that you get the full reward even if you enable staking only during short periods. So it's not necessary to have staking turned on 24/7 for optimizing your rewards - staking every ~30 days until you find a block with everyone of your larger UTXOs is sufficient.

With a single 30000 SLM UTXO you should find blocks pretty fast. My largest staking UTXO has 10000 SLM and once it has "slept" for 30 days it enables my client to find a block usually in less than an hour. The reward is 10% per year, so if you stake every 30 days, you roughly should get 250 SLM everytime you intend to mint.

@wingless: It is possible that the client crashes because the number of UTXOs you're trying to "unite" is too high. So maybe try to not send everything to yourself, but do it in some steps.

Like I wrote to casper77, you can enable staking only once per month (so the performance issues do not affect you that much) and still get maximum rewards.

On https://minkiz.co/noodle there is a Slimcoin version for Windows which I believe to be newer than 0.5.0, but I get "Internal Server Error" if I try to download it. (I should really learn to cross-compile Windows builds Wink )

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2019, 03:27:29 AM

On https://minkiz.co/noodle there is a Slimcoin version for Windows which I believe to be newer than 0.5.0, but I get "Internal Server Error" if I try to download it.
Now updated to latest master: https://minkiz.co/noodlings/slm/slimcoin-qt-win.zip Tested on Windows 10, the in-client miner didn't crash when I tried it.

(I should really learn to cross-compile Windows builds Wink )
Mostly automated away by Vagrant and Ansible: https://github.com/slimcoin-project/ansible-slimcoin-qt-win

The optimised-PoS code is now in its own branch. The develop branch will likely proceed in fits and starts.

Cheers

Graham
ginobitcoiner

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

BBOD Trading Platform

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 05:18:45 PM

I am hoping that mining feature at slimcoin.club still working and can't load blkindex wallet version 0.4
I also hope so, I am no stranger to this coin, but for a long time I have not heard the good news about this coin, until now I have only found it again. I hope the project will run well.

gavrilo77

Activity: 819
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 06:39:23 AM

Nova is still blocking SLM?
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 07:07:54 PM

Nova is still blocking SLM?

Yep.

macofbit

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 06:37:23 PM

How to compile a wallet on Ubuntu 18.04?
Help me please.
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 06:58:01 PM

How to compile a wallet on Ubuntu 18.04?
Help me please.
Where did you run into problems?

An installation guide is here: http://slimco.in/installation/ . Check also the OP for how to compile the "master" branch with the latest code that works.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
macofbit

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 07:23:46 PM

I want to compile a demon.
I downloaded the source code and started the compilation and got the error

zu@zu-pc:~/Slimcoin-SLMv0.5.0/src$ make -f makefile.unix
/bin/sh ../share/genbuild.sh obj/build.h
fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
g++ -c -pipe -fstack-protector -fstack-protector-all --param ssp-buffer-size=1 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -D_REENTRANT -Wno-ignored-qualifiers -Wno-unused-variable -fdiagnostics-show-option -fpermissive -fPIC  -pthread -D_REENTRANT -Wall -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-unused-parameter -Wformat -Wformat-security -g3 -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DBOOST_NO_CXX11_SCOPED_ENUMS -I/home/zu/Slimcoin-SLMv0.5.0/doc/Slimcoin-SLMv0.5.0/src -I/home/zu/Slimcoin-SLMv0.5.0/doc/Slimcoin-SLMv0.5.0/src/obj -std=c++11 -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2 -MMD -o obj/checkpoints.o checkpoints.cpp
In file included from checkpoints.cpp:12:0:
db.h:16:10: fatal error: db_cxx.h: No such file or directory
 #include <db_cxx.h>
          ^~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
makefile.unix:145: recipe for target 'obj/checkpoints.o' failed
make: *** [obj/checkpoints.o] Error 1
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 11:19:19 PM

Ah okay, I know this error from older versions. db_cxx.h isn't searched in the place where it should be. This problem however should have been fixed in newer versions. At least, at all my recent installations I didn't see it again (I'm running it on Debian 9 and Ubuntu 14.04).

Are you downloading from "master" at Github? If not, then I recommend you download from here: https://github.com/slimcoin-project/Slimcoin/tree/master (click on the green button "Clone or download".) The "slimcoin" branch and all "releases" for Linux are quite old now (for Windows there are new versions at minkiz.co)

If you have installed from master and the error persists, maybe the dependency libdb-dev isn't installed properly.

If you still get the error with db_cxx.h, feel free to report - I'll then post my original solution to the error (which is a bit complicated as you'll have to edit makefile.unix, so I guess simply trying another version is easier).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
macofbit

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 08:50:41 AM

I downloaded the master branch on your advice. Installed libdb-dev. But I still get the error message.

zu@zu-pc:~/Slimcoin-master/src$ apt install libdb-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libdb-dev is already the newest version (1:5.3.21~exp1ubuntu2).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 11 not upgraded.

zu@zu-pc:~/Slimcoin-master/src$ make -f makefile.unix
/bin/sh ../share/genbuild.sh obj/build.h
fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
g++ -c -pipe -fstack-protector -fstack-protector-all --param ssp-buffer-size=1 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -D_REENTRANT -Wno-ignored-qualifiers -Wno-unused-variable -fdiagnostics-show-option -fpermissive -fPIC  -pthread -D_REENTRANT -Wall -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-unused-parameter -Wformat -Wformat-security -g3 -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DBOOST_NO_CXX11_SCOPED_ENUMS -I/home/zu/Slimcoin-master/src -I/home/zu/Slimcoin-master/src/obj -std=c++11 -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2 -MMD -o obj/checkpoints.o checkpoints.cpp
In file included from checkpoints.cpp:12:0:
db.h:16:10: fatal error: db_cxx.h: No such file or directory
 #include <db_cxx.h>
          ^~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
makefile.unix:145: recipe for target 'obj/checkpoints.o' failed
make: *** [obj/checkpoints.o] Error 1
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 04:40:20 PM

OK, then here we go:

First, search the db_cxx.h file:
Code:
locate db_cxx.h
Copy the directory/folder where the file was found. (on my Debian system it's /usr/include/).

Now open makefile.unix the /src directory with a text editor (if you want, do a backup of the file first). Search for the following line:

Code:
CXXFLAGS=-O2
then add -I (uppercase "i") and the directory you found behind the "-O2". If the directory is /usr/include/, it should look this way:

Code:
CXXFLAGS=-O2 -I /usr/include/

Then try to compile again.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
macofbit

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 06:49:43 PM

d5000
Did not find db_cxx.h
Google search tells me to install libdb++-dev
This helped, the daemon was compiled.
Thanks for the help  Smiley
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 08:57:36 PM

d5000
Did not find db_cxx.h
Google search tells me to install libdb++-dev
This helped, the daemon was compiled.
Thanks for the help  Smiley
Ah, you're right, it's libdb++-dev and not libdb-dev. Glad you found it. I think the "include" error should be really fixed now.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2019, 02:47:49 PM
Merited by d5000 (1), psycodad (1)

SLIMCoin 5th anniversary

Slimcoin's 5th anniversary is imminent, according to the genesis block: main.cpp:
Code:
       block.nTime    = !fTestNet ? 1399578460 : 1390500425;

The timestamp 1399578460 decodes to “Thu  8 May 20:47:40 BST 2014”.

Happy 5th Birthday Slimcoin
I thought a couple of birthday presents were in order. Firstly, the chainz block explorer is now funded for the next 6 months and secondly ...

SLIMCoin v0.6 pre-release
I have integrated the completed development work into the master branch and have changed the Slimcoin-project default branch from slimcoin to master. I'm calling the result SLIMCoin v0.6 (not that I can persuade the client to advertise itself as such, ho hum) and have cut a pre-release, now available from Github: https://github.com/slimcoin-project/Slimcoin/releases/tag/SLMv0.6.0.

Upgrading to V0.6 necessitates a resync
When I came to look more closely at why the burnt coins total wasn't working properly, I discovered that I'd apparently omitted a key piece of code, the one that makes the difference because the change causes the client to reject the block index because until the block index is rebuilt, it doesn't contain the expected slot for totalburned. Rebuilding the block index isn't difficult, just delete the index file (blkindex.dat) and the log file(s) in database and restart the client with the -loadblock option set to the location of blk0001.dat (I rename it to blockchain.dat, just for clarity.)
Code:
./slimcoin-qt -loadblock=~/.slimcoin/blockchain.dat

An alternative approach would be to nuke blkindex.dat and the contents of database, rename blk0001.dat to bootstrap.dat and then start the client as normal, the v0.6 client will detect the bootstrap file and will load from it, building the index as it goes. Our rented i5 Hetzner box took around two and a half days to complete the exercise.

Or you could junk everything other than the wallet and sync from 0. That'd work too. Or you can use the one I built on the server and made available as datadir.zip, it contains
Code:
$ unzip -l release/datadir.zip 
Archive:  release/datadir.zip
  Length      Date    Time    Name
---------  ---------- -----   ----
927188256  2019-05-05 11:56   blk0001.dat
1155334144  2019-05-05 11:56   blkindex.dat
        0  2019-05-05 11:45   database/
 10485759  2019-05-05 11:57   database/log.0000000385
  3769320  2019-05-05 11:56   testnet/blk0001.dat
  4874240  2019-05-05 11:56   testnet/blkindex.dat
        0  2019-05-05 11:36   testnet/database/
 10485759  2019-05-05 11:57   testnet/database/log.0000000004
---------                     -------
2112137478                     8 files

What's in the v0.6 box

Additions

• Load from bootstrap.dat if present
  • `addnode (onetry)` RPC command
  • Encrypt/Decrypt message facility
  • Mining tab
  • Wallet/tx fix/zap facility
  • ClearOphans option for Transaction View
  • Coin control
  • CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY
  • "totalburnt" in getinfo results
  • `dumpbootstrap` RPC command
  • Account Report tab
  • Sign/Verify message dialog
  • Reservebalance spinbox
  • Multi-sig create/spend dialog
  • torrenthash publishing / inscriptions via OP_RETURN
  • walletnotify

Housekeeping

• Add support for miniupnpc api versions 14, 16 and now 21
  • Add Python-implemented Slimcoin blockchain reader
  • Repair indexing of accumulating total burned coins
  • Relay OP_RETURN TxOut as standard transaction type
  • Extend MAX_OP_RETURN_RELAY 80 -> 100
  • Disable unused centralised sync-checkpoint facility.

Improvements to automated testing

Contributions

• Integrate barrystyle's batch RPC PR
  • Added compile documentation for Arch linux via PR from eddycurrently/doc_updates
  • Implement Johnny Latte's SHA256 speed-up.

Garnered from abroad

• Fix OpenSSL v1.1 compatibility - Cherry-picked from Peercoin 0.6 rc1
  • Merge remote-tracking branch 'ppcoin/master' into refactor.ppcoin
  • Backport bitcoin commits (various)

Cheers

Graham
muf18

Activity: 882
Merit: 310

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 06:16:40 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2019, 06:26:55 PM by muf18

Nicely done Graham. I don't know, when you were working on this, but it was a quiet work, I just saw your commits to github repo, and a few hours later release.

Will try to sync now.

Syncing looks quite fast, big improvement vs. 0.5.x
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 10:24:41 PM

Happy 5th anniversary! Smiley

gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2019, 07:40:52 AM

What happened to the Discord server?

Cheers

Graham
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 »
  Print  

Jump to: