Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:08:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Smooth unethical / unprofessional / in conflict-of-interest when he posts 100s of the same repeated scam accusations on his competitor's threads on a daily basis.
Yes - Because if his attacks succeed against his competitors, his own coin/investment will benefit, he has a vested interest - 99 (54.1%)
No - there is no conflict of interest when a coin dev repeatedly accuses his competitors of being scams on their threads. - 51 (27.9%)
None of the above - 33 (18%)
Total Voters: 183

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR/AEON Developer Smooth Investigation  (Read 20920 times)
BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 05:48:07 AM

You know what's funny you will see every single one of those monero trolls coming to DASH ANN thread, including Smooth & Fluffy pony.  I would not be surprised if they also troll other ANN threads no wait they alrdy doing it lol.When ur coin has nothing to offer + boring developers since nothing coming out you come and look at ur neighbors house to play because they have tests and releasing new stuff ALL the time. Just look at Evan he's showing up to crypto shows more than all monero trolls spamming other coins threads haha.
Ohh and cry*p*to about into forums since that's the only thing you know about crypto yes cry*p*to

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boolberry

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 05:51:18 AM

OMG! A boolberry supporter also supports Aeon and Monero! What are the odds that fairly launched coins with similar qualities would have communities that respect each other?

generalizethis,

You hit the nail on the head  Monero, Boolberry and Aeon were all fairly launched coins with reasonable emission schedules.  Boolberry is my primary focus.

blobafett2,

No need to draw conclusions from my compliments of other coins. I officially confirm I am not smooth.

Frankly there are too many conspiracy theories on bitcointalk. If you want to learn more about Boolberry visit our thread or r/boolberry. I won't make any other comments here other than I think smooth is an honest developer with a good understanding of the CryptoNote codebase.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 06:04:23 AM

You know what's funny you will see every single one of those monero trolls coming to DASH ANN thread, including Smooth & Fluffy pony.  I would not be surprised if they also troll other ANN threads no wait they alrdy doing it lol.

Are you high, son?

Please prove that I post in the DASH ANN by finding a post of mine. Go go go.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:21:47 AM

I don't know whether fluffypony has posted in the Dash thread or not but they've certainly posted about him there. Here's an example of the "professional demeanor" that early insider and instamine-protector bigrcanada claims characterizes the Dash community:

Oh btw: "Fluffypony"... who wants to bet he watches My Little Pony and masturbates while wearing animal costumes? Just don't google the term "furry", people...
boolberry

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:26:09 AM

For those actually interested in the thread topic, just some speculation but there is this mysterious Boolberry account created 2 weeks ago that has now become quite prominent in the BBR community and weirdly is already a fan of 2 of his competitors, XMR and AEON...

Congratulations!

...You can thank me for sharing this good news by following my Twitter account. I am not the enemy. I like XMR and AEON in addition to BBR. ...

the account is also raising donations like how Smooth raised 2.5% of AEON, and actually referencing that to try to push BBR donations:

There was no massive premine or fastmine of BBR

I agree. To be more precise there was no premine or fastmine at all.

The per-block developer payment is a bit like a premine though, especially how it is structured (negative votes just defer payment, they don't actually reduce the total amount given to the developer, which is fixed at 1% of the total).

Still that is not at all massive by the standards of other coins with a developer coin grab.

You are correct. No fastmine or premine. Developer payment was disclosed since the beginning. If Boolberry was just a simple clone, nobody would want to mine it and reward the developer. Luckily many people do recognize the innovation at boolberry and find the developer payment very reasonable

I should note that community development donations for many coins including AEON which you are working on far exceed 1%.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641696.msg11986798#msg11986798

AEON info from your quote:
"Donation fund:

balance: 414176.048419687951, unlocked balance: 414165.931766313195
Previously spent: 19000 (bounties)"

414,176/18,4000,000 = 2.25 %

Your current donations as a percentage of all coins that will ever be mined (excluding your current tail emission proposal) far exceeds that of Boolberry

Most developers will not work for free so funding is important.  As long as everything is transparent (as it is with both Boolberry and Aeon) I see no problems

The new Boolberry account also likes to go to the larger competitor threads and explain how they are scams too:

It will be hard for BCN to pass the Bittrex review to gain a listing. After all the scams over the past few years there are more cautious now, particularly in cases with allegations of faked blockchains and huge premines.  Luckily there are already several high quality CryptoNote coins already traded on Bittrex without all the drama

This new account seems to already have respect for the Monero dev team.

...Please respect the Monero development team. They have done many interesting things already...

And is already a regular on the Monero Speculation thread:

I saw that too. It also looked real at first glance until you noticed 0 confirmations and other details..

Quite strange, i wonder who this new boolberry account is and why he came out just now? XMR, AEON, and now BBR, who technically are competitors, seem to becoming friends all around the same time, I wonder if there some connection?  

Smooth happened to state explicitly on the BBR thread that he won't have involvement, so I guess that proves it can't be him.  We have to keep speculating...

Smooth seems like the logical choice because he is familiar with the CryptoNote codebase and has a proven willingness to look at other CryptoNote coins besides Monero.

The big question mark are his time availability and how much we can offer in terms of compensation

I have my hands full right now so I don't think I could do a good job on another coin at this point...

Great job with your research. You have proved nothing.  I am not smooth.

Depending on your definition of competitor am I supposed to FUD BTC and LTC? How about CNY USD EUR and JPY? Just because I want BBR to succeed does not mean I am not allowed to compliment positive aspects of other currencies

There is nothing wrong with my support of other honest projects besides boolberry.
BagHolder010

Activity: 283

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:30:22 AM

Wow FluffyPony you know I can not compete with youre copy paste cut skills...and delete. Notice how Smooth and Fluffy quote.
Please don't spam this thread or any thread by copy pasting codes...I have a feeling that you, Smooth and the other 26 Monero developers "lol" sat together after copying Byte coin and said NOW WHAT.

If changing font colors sounds like coding then I guess you are coders but this is also coding https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YozN5VX1VU4

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 06:37:58 AM

I don't know whether fluffypony has posted in the Dash thread or not but they've certainly posted about him there. Here's an example of the "professional demeanor" that early insider and instamine-protector bigrcanada claims characterizes the Dash community:

Oh btw: "Fluffypony"... who wants to bet he watches My Little Pony and masturbates while wearing animal costumes? Just don't google the term "furry", people...

Didn't you once accuse the user Artforz of doing the same thing dressed as a Teletubbie when you went by Coinhunter?

Kettle meet Pot LOL

~BCX~

I love how good your memory is but you forgot to attack Monero -- or did you?

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:46:09 AM

Didn't you once accuse the user Artforz of doing the same thing dressed as a Teletubbie when you went by Coinhunter?

No, I have never "gone by" any other name here. Not ever.

boolberry

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:55:54 AM

Are you seriously going to claim you aren't Aeon either?

Keep in mind you just claimed to have never gone by any other name. <----Makes you a confirmed liar

Seriously, your Coinhunter entity was so long ago no one cares.

~BCX~

That does not prove he is a liar, it proves you did not read all his comments in this thread. He already stated he has control over the Aeon account but just uses it for the purpose of updating the OP
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:57:04 AM

Are you seriously going to claim you aren't Aeon either?

Keep in mind you just claimed to have never gone by any other name. <----Makes you a confirmed liar

Seriously, your Coinhunter entity was so long ago no one cares.

~BCX~

That does not prove he is a liar, it proves you did not read all his comments in this thread. He already stated he has control over the Aeon account but just uses it for the purpose of updating the OP

Correct. Moreover I don't "go by" that name because whenever it is used it is transparent that I'm the one making use of it. Everyone on the AEON thread knows.

EDIT: I just double checked and indeed the last post on that account was by the previous developer before I took control of it. I've never used it to post, only to edit the ANN OP.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 07:10:25 AM

you have indeed gone by quite a few names in the past

That is a lie, or an error. I do not know which.

and been the dev of several coins

Other than Monero and AEON, that is also a lie, or an error. I do not know which.

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 07:27:42 AM

Please prove that I post in the DASH ANN by finding a post of mine. Go go go.

Does this challenge also extend to the ones you've deleted.

Keep in mind that "deleted" post aren't really deleted, they're just unpublished.

~BCX~

Yes absolutely. If I'd posted in the DASH thread and subsequently deleted the post that would definitely still count.

Edit: just to add - I'm reasonably sure I was invited into the thread many, many months ago to respond to something. OP's accusation is that I "post" in the DASH ANN with implied regularity, which is nonsense.

traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:03:24 AM

Nice pole, seems the answers are speaking for themselves.

Also from a personal experience, smooth keeps on constantly attacking other threads even though he gets every question/request answered.

Attacking his competitors:

Dash thread: 28 posts (competing with the anon feature)
Vanilla threads: 20 posts (competing for Poloniex volume)
Bytecoin thread: 4 posts (competing "Anon coin")

Posting on his own threads:

AEON: 3 posts
Monero: 0 posts

Whenever someone asked an advice on a privacy oriented project, I showed them to the XMR thread/project, but it is getting boring that we keep getting attacked from a monero dev.

GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:15:57 AM

Wow BCX here, so BCX did you find success in your mission to kill Monero with an exploit you were barking like a dog about?

Suck it up, you low life
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:33:05 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2015, 12:47:09 PM by TPTB_need_war

Again, the mods need to delete this topic.  It serves no purpose but to cause issues in the community.

Absolutely not! Censorship doesn't help.

Let us discuss.

Other than the OP's point about smooth potentially using his reputation from Monero to get a faster ROI in AEON (which the poll on this thread is not about), and also smooth's tendency to get carried away with attacking scams (this is very big issue for him), I don't see any legitimate complaint.

As I said before, I'm here as a member of the cryptocurrency community who is willing and able to draw a distinction between reputable and ethical projects (what few there are) and projects that have behaved in a shameful manner (of which there are many)

The post from smooth seems to summarize well:

You are a scammer or you wouldn't be here on your competitors thread lol.

Stating opinions on an open forum is not a legitimate definition of a scammer. I can see we are going to have our work cut out for us coming up with conditions on a bet that are actually sensible. Most likely by design since you will almost certainly never actually put money at stake (nor will bigrcanada), just hot air.

Smooth has been trying to follow the various frauds alleged and so went over to the thread (perhaps out of boredom?) to follow up on the following. And during that time, he let himself get carried away with retorting what he believes to be a scam that is giving the entire altcoin community a bad reputation. He obviously feels as do I, that investors will shy away from all altcoin if so many scams continue to proliferate. That is why I gave my frank assessment of VanillaCon this week. I have not attacked DarkCoin and I will not attack Dash. My reasons are stated below.

He is just heavy on Dash right now because a massive release / new killer-feature is about to be released, and he smells some $.

I've actually paid very little attention to this "massive release" and couldn't really tell you what's in it, although I have seen something about masternode voting, which strikes me as another way for the instaminers and other insiders to amplify the value of their holdings with disproportionate voting power.

The main reason I'm here is that Ghost-whatever claimed that the community voted not to relaunch. I was curious about that, since I hadn't seen it. The rest of the conversation is you guys trolling yourselves, as usual.

Smooth would be wise to stop commenting on Dash.

I (as AnonyMint) stopped last year on DarkCoin after helping Evan a bit in public posts (no back dealings, I earned nothing from that) while also pointing out the flaws of CoinJoin (which I was the first to point out in Gmaxwell's thread on CoinJoin way before DarkCoin was ever conceived).

Dash has just enough substance that it is very difficult to successfully enlighten the foolsn00bs. Let them be foolsn00bs.

Any way we soon we can move the entire anonymity space head & shoulders away from that noise and it will be done. There won't be any need to attack Dash on a daily basis any more to protect foolsn00bs from a marginal anonymity coin that is alleged to be a scam. Trust me.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:37:35 AM

AnonyMint and BCX, together again!

I feel special.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:49:56 AM

No I am not against you on this issue smooth. Please reread my post.

I am saying that your trying to do the ethical action of weeding out the scams and shit coins.

I am also saying that when we do that, we tend to get carried away (because we become so tenacious when researching and compiling the issues). For example, I was a bit upset that after reading VanillaCon's white paper that I had wasted that time on something which doesn't even have a specification. How gullible can investors be to invest in something that has no specification  Huh Cry

In Dash's case, hey yeah there are more holes than Swiss cheese, but they have some right to claim they are trying to do their best. They can't help it that they are just are not smart enough to do cutting edge math and other research required for something like Blockstream's Confidental Transactions or Cyptonote.

Let them have their Swiss cheese. I have not been following the premine issue at all. I don't care. It is already done. The community has too much inertia already. You have to just let it play itself out.

On AEON, I don't care what you do there. I would understand trying to get something rolling where you could make more experiments faster. I don't know how your XMR brethren feel about it. Any way, it is not my concern. Why should you not be able to compete and innovate  Huh

I think the golden rule here is Matthew 7. Attack and you will be attacked. So you need to decide if it is really worth it? You already have the thread about the alleged premine. As for the Swiss holes in the anonymity, I think Monero could be more concise on its website as to the distinction. Communicate more clearly on the Monero website. There is far too much noise on that website IMO (as an experienced web marketer).

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:51:03 AM

It wasn't meant that way. Just a light hearted observation about me being the catalyst (for the thread) that brought the two of you together a year or so later. A touch of nostalgia perhaps.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:55:46 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2015, 10:12:43 AM by TPTB_need_war

It wasn't meant that way. Just a light hearted observation a year or so later.

Hahaha. Well I admit I allowed myself to get sucked into something.  Embarrassed

I was thinking about that the other day and it is embarrassing.

The anonymity tech is difficult to explain so that distinctions can be understood by laymen.

That I as an experienced software dev (but not yet experience cryptographer) could get sucked into some misunderstandings should serve as evidence of how people such as john-conner can think they are on to something big but be entirely off.

There needs to be much better articulation all around. White papers, websites for coins, etc..

Let's see if we can raise up a bar that all coins have to rise to if they want to compete. I am not talking about fancy presentations with meaningless buzzwords (zero knowledge anonymity, zerotime, zero censorship, etc..) and insufficient detailed explanation yet that still somehow make n00bs wet their pants ('dey loves 'dem buzzwords ya know).

Let's attack through competition, not in threads. That is my call to action now.

Edit: everyone wants to think they discovered a gem. Even we devs too. The proof in the pudding is writing down proofs in a white paper. And then peer review of those. Implementation is a matter of encoding what is in the white paper. But in Bitcoin's case, much of what is encoded isn't even in any white paper. For example, Maxwell recently explained about the heuristics he uses to control Sybil attacks on P2P network interconnections. Didn't seem very sound to me. There are more Swiss cheese holes likely lurking out there in cryptoland. We need to check our pompousness at the door (meaning myself too). This stuff is difficult to fully specify formally. It is a huge effort. Should we get busy?

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 10:16:01 AM

Another problem right now is that most of the users of cryptocurrency are the speculators. Thus decisions about which coins to invest in tends to be driven by n00bs speculators, instead of by actual use.

When we get to the point where users are more important than investors, then the market will naturally chose a winner as it did for MSDOS, Windoze, and lately Android.

In all those cases, network effects is what beat the competition (and Steve Jobs twice made that mistake of a walled garden ecosystem first for the MacOS and repeated for iOS).

My point is there are bigger fish to fry than infighting amongst ourselves. Let's go increase the size of the pie instead.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: