Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:12:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5006 5007 5008 5009 5010 5011 5012 5013 5014 5015 5016 5017 5018 5019 5020 5021 5022 5023 5024 5025 5026 5027 5028 5029 5030 5031 5032 5033 5034 5035 5036 5037 5038 5039 5040 5041 5042 5043 5044 5045 5046 5047 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 [5056] 5057 5058 5059 5060 5061 5062 5063 5064 5065 5066 5067 5068 5069 5070 5071 5072 5073 5074 5075 5076 5077 5078 5079 5080 5081 5082 5083 5084 5085 5086 5087 5088 5089 5090 5091 5092 5093 5094 5095 5096 5097 5098 5099 5100 5101 5102 5103 5104 5105 5106 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722552 times)
blobafett2

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:02:57 PM

I can understand a lot of people invested time, efforts and money in other currencies (monero, bytecoin, litecoin, etc.) and they are so pissed of of Dash succeed. It happens all the time.

Do you remember when Monero rised from 0.5 to 0.6$ a week ago and they all went crazy of happyness? You should read the "speculation thread" of Monero to understand the behaviour of this community. It is really funny and you will understand what they are doing here.

Ah, the famous "they hate us for our success" defense!

Except, of course, that Dash isn't really going anywhere. Since February the price has been rangebound (pretty much the same as Monero FWIW). It is up from the lows late last year, but below the peaks of late last year, again pretty much the same as Monero, and a bunch of other coins (at least the ones that haven't completely died).

This fantasy that someone Dash is "taking off" is just that. It's stuck.

"This fantasy that someone Dash is "taking off" is just that. It's stuck."

Obviously you don't believe that, or you wouldn't be on this thread every day saying it, I doubt someone like you invests time in something unless you think it will give you a payoff somehow.  

it's quite obvious that as the developer of 2 smaller competitors, you actually think Dash is taking off, with your constant trolling just before the V12 release, so you are here trying to make people believe the opposite of what's happening, because money leaving Dash will go to one of 2 investments you hold.  It's extremely transparent, extremely unethical, totally unprofessional and makes you look like a real crook, if all the other info didn't already do so.
Freckleg

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:03:45 PM

On that note....I would llke pay 30 DASH for someone to post a detailed chart/showing a complete development history of DASH  and what Evan has done vs Monero and Smooths work....side by side.  

Lets put this in black in white and see who's going what...I'm assuming that monero has github history of their full development?   Lets break this down for everyone.  

PS: If its really good I'll donate extra to the Dash development fund! 

That is like comparing a typewriter company (Monero) to Apple (Dash). They can put in the same amount of effort. Only difference is one of the two makes a dent in the universe
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:04:20 PM

Its lucky Smooth has this thread, otherwise he'd be forced to do some real work Grin
Deep down in his heart he knows we have the upper hand and the more he posts here only shows the strength of his denial  Cheesy

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 08:04:24 PM

This says it all. Dash has;

636% more commits
 1100% more branches
 9475% more releases  Roll Eyes
 767% more contributors...

Actions... not words.

I'm looking for a detailed breakdown!  I'll pay more even.  I want to see a side by side visual and chart comparison between our development and Mr. Smooths development showing everyone whats REALLY going on!  Everyone is tired of these clowns' hot air!

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:04:55 PM

i wonder if smooth even knows the way back to his own forum....

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
blobafett2

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:06:03 PM

i wonder if smooth even knows the way back to his own forum....

or which one...
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:06:44 PM

I can understand a lot of people invested time, efforts and money in other currencies (monero, bytecoin, litecoin, etc.) and they are so pissed of of Dash succeed. It happens all the time.

Do you remember when Monero rised from 0.5 to 0.6$ a week ago and they all went crazy of happyness? You should read the "speculation thread" of Monero to understand the behaviour of this community. It is really funny and you will understand what they are doing here.

Except, of course, that Dash isn't really going anywhere. Since February the price has been rangebound (pretty much the same as Monero FWIW). It is up from the lows late last year, but below the peaks of late last year, again pretty much the same as Monero, and a bunch of other coins (at least the ones that haven't completely died).

"This fantasy that someone Dash is "taking off" is just that. It's stuck."

Obviously you don't believe that, or you wouldn't be on this thread every day saying it, I doubt someone like you invests time in something unless you think it will give you a payoff somehow.  

it's quite obvious that as the developer of 2 smaller competitors, you actually think Dash is taking off, with your constant trolling just before the V12 release, so you are here trying to make people believe the opposite of what's happening, because money leaving Dash will go to one of 2 investments you hold.  It's extremely transparent, extremely unethical, totally unprofessional and makes you look like a real crook, if all the other info didn't already do so.

It is objectively the case that it is not taking off, as I explained above. Unless you know better than the market, you are just talking out of your asshole and using no logical method of reasoning at all, as usual.

My criticism of Dash's crooked history has been constant regardless of price, regardless of which core team members quit and blow the whistle and regardless of whatever new releases might come out. It has nothing to with taking off or not taking off, nothing to do with other coins, and it won't change.

blobafett2

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:08:10 PM

This says it all. Dash has;

636% more commits
 1100% more branches
 9475% more releases  Roll Eyes
 767% more contributors...

Actions... not words.

I'm looking for a detailed breakdown!  I'll pay more even.  I want to see a side by side visual and chart comparison between our development and Mr. Smooths development showing everyone whats REALLY going on!  Everyone is tired of these clowns' hot air!

Who cares?  The only real issue here, is that there is a scammer running around attacking competitors threads, insider dealing with multiple coins he is controlling that are competing with each other, and no one in his communities or anywhere else it seems is calling this abhorrent behavior out.  He attacks all his competitors, not just Dash, his largest & most successful competitor.  He is just heavy on Dash right now because a massive release / new killer-feature is about to be released, and he smells some $.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:11:53 PM

You realize of course that I never claimed to be a major coder on the project. I'm a member of the core team, which is a volunteer direction-setting and stewardship group. Yes, I've done some coding on it, but that's never been my primary role, nor did I ever promise that it would be, especially without the project having any significant funding. As a volunteer I'm free to spend as much or as little time on it as I like (and I've spent a lot, most of which was system design and code reviews, not coding).

This whole idea that my criticism of Dash can be countered somehow by claiming I "should be coding" instead is a strawman invented by Dash defenders.

As I said before, I'm here as a member of the cryptocurrency community who is willing and able to draw a distinction between reputable and ethical projects (what few there are) and projects that have behaved in a shameful manner (of which there are many)
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:13:00 PM

This game is not about "the price" it's about development for now. You know that and I know that. Do you see people here worried about our last drop? I think we all see the big picture here.

For some fun you have your "TrueCryptonaire" in your speculation drama thread Cheesy

For more info about what really matters in Dash please check:

https://dashtalk.org/forums/testing.53
https://dashtalk.org/forums/official-announcements.54

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:15:03 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2015, 08:35:35 PM by smooth

He is just heavy on Dash right now because a massive release / new killer-feature is about to be released, and he smells some $.

I've actually paid very little attention to this "massive release" and couldn't really tell you what's in it, although I have seen something about masternode voting, which strikes me as another way for the instaminers and other insiders to amplify the value of their holdings with disproportionate voting power.

The main reason I'm here is that Ghost-whatever claimed that the community voted not to relaunch. I was curious about that, since I hadn't seen it. The rest of the conversation is you guys trolling yourselves, as usual.
blobafett2

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:16:09 PM

You realize of course that I never claimed to be a major coder on the project. I'm a member of the core team, which is a volunteer direction-setting and stewardship group. Yes, I've done some coding on it, but that's never been my primary role, nor did I ever promise that it would be, especially without the project having any significant funding. As a volunteer I'm free to spend as much or as little time on it as I like (and I've spent a lot, most of which was system design and code reviews, not coding).

This whole idea that my criticism of Dash can be countered somehow by claiming I "should be coding" instead is a strawman invented by Dash defenders.

As I said before, I'm here as a member of the cryptocurrency community who is willing and able to draw a distinction between reputable and ethical projects (what few there are) and projects that have behaved in a shameful manner (of which there are many)

Another post vaguely denying part of a previous post, then the payload attacking Dash in the hope some $ will leave and go to your pocket, the only reason you are here.

Like I said, your behavior is abhorrent, you are to coin development what Barrack Obama is to a healthy economy, it's time people called you out.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:18:17 PM

This game is not about "the price" it's about development for now. You know that and I know that. Do you see people here worried about our last drop? I think we all see the big picture here.

For some fun you have your "TrueCryptonaire" in your speculation drama thread Cheesy

Well honestly good luck with the new release.

I do know that vertoe said that (paraphrasing) development was not really the focus of Dash, it was more about golden donkeys. He was inside, not me (and not you, right?), so I'm going to accept his judgement on that.

Nevertheless, if it advances the state of crypto that benefits all of us. I'm certainly open to good ideas from wherever they come.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:18:59 PM

it's time people called you out.

Like you've never tried to do that before.

Are we going to bet on me turning out to be a scammer? How much?

Or are you all full of hot air and no skin in the game?
blobafett2

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:20:37 PM

Well honestly good luck with the new release.

I do know that vertoe said that (paraphrasing) development was not really the focus of Dash, it was more about golden donkeys. He was inside, not me (and not you, right?), so I'm going to accept his judgement on that.

Nevertheless, if it advances the state of crypto that benefits all of us. I'm certainly open to good ideas from wherever they come.

^ any excuse for Smooth to post here, pretending to talk about something else, then some payload with one of maybe 6 quotes why investors should leave Dash he has posted literally 1000s of times, and by implication push investors to buy the alternatives Smooth is developing.  

Smooth, maybe it's time we move to the alt section, I think we should do a proper investigation into you full activities and web of non-disclosure of your real interests in all your attacks / "development" / investment advice you are giving 24/7?  
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:22:17 PM

maybe someone should contact smooth's forum(s) and have them gather some tips for a taxi back,
he looks to be too high of himself to be doing any riding of his own..

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
blobafett2

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:28:30 PM

maybe someone should contact smooth's forum(s) and have them gather some tips for a taxi back,

Smooth has posted 18 times on the Dash thread today alone. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=13813;sa=showPosts

...Whilst the Monero thread has only 1 post today, and that was from another user and about DogeCoinDark: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg12124988#msg12124988

Monero dev is posting on the dash thread 18 times in one day, about how Dash "is going nowhere", while his own thread is practically dead (one of them anyway).

I guess this shows that with characters like Smooth, they go where the money is.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:30:09 PM

Smooth has posted 18 times on the Dash thread today alone. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=13813;sa=showPosts

...Whilst the Monero thread has only 1 post today, and that was from another user and about DogeCoinDark: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg12124988#msg12124988

Monero dev is posting 18 times in one day about how Dash "is going nowhere", while his own thread (one of them anyway) is practically dead.

I guess this shows that with characters like Smooth, they go where the money is.

damn, thats just pathetic and sad at the same time

Monopoly

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:31:41 PM

• Decentralized Masternode Network

In order to run a Masternode, users must put up 1000 DRK as something akin to collateral, though unlike traditional collateral, the DRK never leaves the user’s possession.  It can be moved or spent at any time by the user - doing so simply removes the Masternode from service and makes it ineligible to receive rewards.

What are masternodes ?
Are they VPSs ?
What do masternodes do exaclly on network ?
Who is the owner of them ?
How put 1000 coins at masterndes ?
How earning more mining reward from them ?
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:33:28 PM

• Decentralized Masternode Network

In order to run a Masternode, users must put up 1000 DRK as something akin to collateral, though unlike traditional collateral, the DRK never leaves the user’s possession.  It can be moved or spent at any time by the user - doing so simply removes the Masternode from service and makes it ineligible to receive rewards.

What are masternodes ?
Are they VPSs ?
What do masternodes do exaclly on network ?
Who is the owner of them ?
How put 1000 coins at masterndes ?
How earning more mining reward from them ?

finally some questions, some good questions. Exspect some detailed answers soon...
guys : first one with detailed answers gets a cookie !! (a chocolate cookie)

Pages: « 1 ... 5006 5007 5008 5009 5010 5011 5012 5013 5014 5015 5016 5017 5018 5019 5020 5021 5022 5023 5024 5025 5026 5027 5028 5029 5030 5031 5032 5033 5034 5035 5036 5037 5038 5039 5040 5041 5042 5043 5044 5045 5046 5047 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 [5056] 5057 5058 5059 5060 5061 5062 5063 5064 5065 5066 5067 5068 5069 5070 5071 5072 5073 5074 5075 5076 5077 5078 5079 5080 5081 5082 5083 5084 5085 5086 5087 5088 5089 5090 5091 5092 5093 5094 5095 5096 5097 5098 5099 5100 5101 5102 5103 5104 5105 5106 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: