Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:45:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin XT - Officially #REKT (also goes for BIP101 fraud)  (Read 378926 times)
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 07:58:48 PM

Everyone wants the blocksize to increase. The mini-blockers are a loud, vocal minority that are already on the wrong side of history.

https://bitco.in/forum/threads/who-is-for-and-against-expanding-the-block-size-reasonably-soon.119/

Talks about loud, vocal minority.

Links to forum with almost 300 members!

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brg444 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:01:25 PM

Your amazon example is a marginal situation. Sure you might enjoy the benefits of jumping through these hoops but please don't pretend it is in anyway convenient for anyone other than determined Bitcoiners.

There is a very large group of people who waste a bit of time comparison shopping and cutting out coupons as well. The amount of effort to use foldapp and purse isn't any more.

I guess we lost track of the argument here... To be clear: I proposed that Bitcoin is currently incapable of competing with traditional payment systems as far as mainstream adoption is concerned.

Your argument that a certain marginal section of consumers has adopted dubious behaviours does not support the assertion that others will do the same..

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:02:31 PM

LOL, Very true, but than again do you know of any developers at the momment who don't support a blocksize increase? Even Peter Todd is favorable to increasing the blocksize (segwitt) where before he wasn't.

I guess we lost track of the argument here... To be clear: I proposed that Bitcoin is currently incapable of competing with traditional payment systems as far as mainstream adoption is concerned.

Perhaps you should stick to addressing my arguments directly instead of assuming positions that I don't have. Of course bitcoin cannot replace Visa now, that would be an insane position to take with its 3-7tps.
VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:03:01 PM

They also don't understand what politics is and how everything human is also political.

Hint: It isn't what you see on CNBC and Fox News
Now, now Veritas, no need to create suckpuppet accounts to spam the thread  Cheesy
I thought about doing that, I really did since I am so strict in my reasoning under this name, it would be a relieve to sometimes just throw around insults and attacks like you often do, I decided that this would have been unethical though. That is not me, though obviously I do agree, I will quote Aristotle again for your enlightenment.

Quote from: Aristotle
Hence it is evident that the state is a creation of nature, and that man is by nature a political animal.
VeritasSapere

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:04:10 PM

Your amazon example is a marginal situation. Sure you might enjoy the benefits of jumping through these hoops but please don't pretend it is in anyway convenient for anyone other than determined Bitcoiners.

There is a very large group of people who waste a bit of time comparison shopping and cutting out coupons as well. The amount of effort to use foldapp and purse isn't any more.

Your argument that a certain marginal section of consumers has adopted dubious behaviours does not support the assertion that others will do the same..
If we increase the blocksize then Bitcoin will be capable of competing with traditional payment systems, It is very simply really.
RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:08:42 PM

If we increase the blocksize then Bitcoin will be capable of competing with traditional payment systems, It is very simply really.
That's not even funny anymore.
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:10:14 PM

Yes, maybe, eventually, in 10 years maybe.

By then most people will be transacting using Lightning though.

Raising the block size does not solve consumers issues relating to non-reversible transactions, security and general consumer protection.

More transaction throughput doesn't provide any more incentive for merchants to accept & HOLD bitcoins.

Quote from: Gavin Andresen
Raising the block size is NOT a panacea.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:14:28 PM

They also don't understand what politics is and how everything human is also political.

Hint: It isn't what you see on CNBC and Fox News

Now, now Veritas, no need to create suckpuppet accounts to spam the thread  Cheesy

Yeah, an account created 33 months ago with an obviously different writing style and 600 posts is definitely a sock puppet of Veritas. Such an astute observation, nice one =)

Jesus christ you ph0rkers are dense  Cheesy

BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:16:53 PM

Jesus christ you ph0rkers are dense  Cheesy

Are you against all forks including the last one - CLTV? If you must get emotional and attack with ad hominems than at least pick better insults.
VeritasSapere

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:18:17 PM

Yes, maybe, eventually, in 10 years maybe.

By then most people will be transacting using Lightning though.

Raising the block size does not solve consumers issues relating to non-reversible transactions, security and general consumer protection.

More transaction throughput doesn't provide any more incentive for merchants to accept & HOLD bitcoins.

Quote from: Gavin Andresen
Raising the block size is NOT a panacea.
Transactions being non reversible is a feature not a bug. Under the schedule outlined in BIP101 Bitcoin will be able to compete with payment processors now and in ten years from now as transaction volume increases. I do not have anything against off chain solutions as long as people are not "forced" to use them in order to cheaply transact in Bitcoin because of an arbitrarily and unnecessarily low blocksize limit.
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:20:14 PM

Everyone wants the blocksize to increase. The mini-blockers are a loud, vocal minority that are already on the wrong side of history.

https://bitco.in/forum/threads/who-is-for-and-against-expanding-the-block-size-reasonably-soon.119/

Did you read the list in the post that I linked to? Those people are not part of that forum... they are the major players in the bitcoin ecosystem.

I did. It looks mostly like a list of companies which use the Bitcoin ecosystem to earn fiat.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:20:32 PM

Did you read the list in the post that I linked to? Those people are not part of that forum... they are the major players in the bitcoin ecosystem.

They're major banking parasites freeloaders indeed.

Coinbase. Banking puppets
Xapo. Wences IMO is one of the few legit bloke in the industry. Most likely was lied to by Gavin and Mike and urged to show "unity" with the "industry"
BitGo. Web Wallet, has nothing to do with Bitcoin.
Circle. Goldman Sachs puppets
Blockchain.info Broken Web wallet, has nothing to do with Bitcoin.
ItBit. Banking puppets

Miners are rallying behind Core.

I guess that sums it up.

So which side are you on? The zionist banking incumbents or the cypherpunks?

I know where my allegiance lies.

VeritasSapere

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:22:28 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2015, 03:44:36 AM by VeritasSapere

That is a lot of ad hominem for just one post, followed by a false dichotomy.

"zionist banking incumbents"? I suppose I can add antisemitism to the list as well...

The majority of miners do support an increase in the blocksize actually.
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:23:54 PM

Transactions being non reversible is a feature not a bug. Under the schedule outlined in BIP101 Bitcoin will be able to compete with payment processors now and in ten years from now as transaction volume increases. I do not have anything against off chain solutions as long as people are not "forced" to use them in order to cheaply transact in Bitcoin because of an arbitrarily and unnecessarily low blocksize limit.

I agree but tell that to your regular Joe consumer  Cheesy

Under the proposed Lightning schedule Bitcoin will be able to compete with payment processors by sometimes next year while maintaining the highest standards of security and decentralization.

brg444 (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:24:56 PM

That is a lot of ad hominem for just one post, followed by a false dichotomy.

They also unanimously condemn BIP101's pipedream projections.  Wink

BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:26:00 PM

They also unanimously condemn BIP101's pipedream projections.  Wink

As do I.

They're major banking parasites freeloaders indeed.

Coinbase. Banking puppets
Xapo. Wences IMO is one of the few legit bloke in the industry. Most likely was lied to by Gavin and Mike and urged to show "unity" with the "industry"
BitGo. Web Wallet, has nothing to do with Bitcoin.
Circle. Goldman Sachs puppets
Blockchain.info Broken Web wallet, has nothing to do with Bitcoin.
ItBit. Banking puppets

Miners are rallying behind Core.

I guess that sums it up.

So which side are you on? The zionist banking incumbents or the cypherpunks?

I know where my allegiance lies.

Wow, at first I assumed better of you and just thought you were a little excitable and emotional. Too much ad hominem without critical reasoning in one post for me; time to walk away from the conversation.

... and developers. Basically, almost all of the bitcoin ecosystem supports increasing the blocksize... just not with 101 or XT. Not even the creator anymore apparently.
VeritasSapere

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:29:43 PM

Under the proposed Lightning schedule Bitcoin will be able to compete with payment processors by sometimes next year while maintaining the highest standards of security and decentralization.
If we increase the blocksize then we can compete with payment processors now, you can not expect the market to just wait for this without negative consequences especially as Bitcoin fails to handle the transactional demand. I also think that increasing the blocksize would lead to more security and decentralization over the long run. Since having a high volume of low fee transactions would be better compared to a low volume of transactions with high fees.
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:33:13 PM

Undecided

I pity the family members who'll be hosting you people during upcoming Christmas family reunions. What a bunch of boring stuck-up children  Cry

You all need to realize this is bitcointalk not the fucking senate. Maybe check the thread title again?

brg444 (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:34:43 PM

If we increase the blocksize then we can compete with payment processors now, you can not expect the market to just wait for this without negative consequences especially as Bitcoin fails to handle the transactional demand. I also think that increasing the blocksize would lead to more security and decentralization over the long run. Since having a high volume of low fee transactions would be better compared to a low volume of transactions with high fees.

No we can't.

Do you really think a meager 8x increase can have us compete with VISA or Paypal!?

VeritasSapere

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:50:14 PM

No we can't.

Do you really think a meager 8x increase can have us compete with VISA or Paypal!?
As long as blocks do not become consistently full we can, this of course does depend on the rate of adoption. Combined with off chain transactions I think this is perfectly viable.
Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 »
  Print  

Jump to: