Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:34:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 227 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin XT - Officially #REKT (also goes for BIP101 fraud)  (Read 378926 times)
VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:44:38 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2015, 08:49:53 PM by VeritasSapere

And now Mike Hearn joins the bankers at REC3V and their blockchains.

"Conflict of interest" anyone?

If he can't get his way, and he won't, he will become a "blockchain technologies" person and try attacking Bitcoin from the outside instead of the inside. Pushing for making non-policeable cryptos illegal will be on his agenda sooner or later.

lol go look up his proof of passport scheme he was trying to push on miners. Basically miners wouldn't produce valid blocks unless they had a valid passport for govt agencies to see who is mining.
I'm aware, and the redlisting "idea". His ideas often go in these directions, including his node prioritization schemes used in XT.

But if he seems he's hit a wall in his undermining of Bitcoin's decentralisation and censorship-resistance from within development, then he will try from the outside. I think it's a matter of time. Gavin already joined the "alliance" and is actively working in the policing of Bitcoin. Talk about conflict of interest.
More ad hominem from the usual suspects. I do not care who writes the code, what matters is what is in the code itself. Even if the code was written by the devil himself or any other monster from the annals of history, I would still support it, because the code that is within BIP101 does represent the best path for Bitcoin going into the future, compared to the alternatives.
That's completely unfair to muyuu, you should know better, shouldn't you? He talked about the function and network effects of Mike's coding almost exclusively for the whole post, so you then level the criticism that he's talking about personalities and not code?

That's another dirty little argument you're trying to slip past us all, all while accusing muyuu of ad hominem!
I do not care who writes the code, what matters is what is in the code itself. Even if the code was written by the devil himself or any other monster from the annals of history, I would still support it, because the code that is within BIP101 does represent the best path for Bitcoin going into the future, compared to the alternatives.

I am saying that I do not care about who writes the code and what kind of a person they are or even what their motivations might be, it should not be a popularity contest. This is my opinion and the verifiable facts do not change this whatsoever.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:45:49 PM

And how does that relate to what muyuu said?

Vires in numeris
btcusury

Activity: 433
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:52:10 PM

Nobody is that obtuse by mistake. Notice his username... if that isn't a clue...

Their Big Lie is that Bitcoin was created to replace commercial banking, not central banking (as if the Genesis Text was about $2 ATM fees instead of TBTF bailouts).

Brilliant observation, thank you.

FACT: There were hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths by December 2020 due to the censorship of all effective treatments (most notably ivermectin) in order to obtain EUA for experimental GT spike protein injections despite spike bioweaponization patents going back about a decade, and the manufacturers have 100% legal immunity despite long criminal histories.
VeritasSapere

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:52:31 PM

If he can't get his way, and he won't, he will become a "blockchain technologies" person and try attacking Bitcoin from the outside instead of the inside. Pushing for making non-policeable cryptos illegal will be on his agenda sooner or later.
his undermining of Bitcoin's decentralisation and censorship-resistance from within development, then he will try from the outside. I think it's a matter of time. Gavin already joined the "alliance" and is actively working in the policing of Bitcoin.
This has nothing to do with the assessment of what is within the code of BIP101, I do not think that XT undermines decentralization and censorship-resistance. I also do not think that XT includes the policing of the Bitcoin protocol as well. This has nothing to do with the code and has everything to do with implying that they will put these things in the code at a later point in time and that therefore we should not trust them which in my opinion is irrelevant.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:57:00 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2015, 05:13:43 PM by Carlton Banks

his undermining of Bitcoin's decentralisation and censorship-resistance from within development, then he will try from the outside. I think it's a matter of time. Gavin already joined the "alliance" and is actively working in the policing of Bitcoin.
This has nothing to do with the assessment of what is within the code of BIP101, I do not think that XT undermines decentralization and censorship-resistance. I also do not think that XT includes the policing of the Bitcoin protocol as well. This has nothing to do with the code and has everything to do with implying that they will put these things in the code at a later point in time and that therefore we should not trust them which in my opinion is irrelevant.

Well, when you strip away your (economic?) minority argument that exponential blocksize increases don't threaten decentralised nodes, there's not much left. The XT code and/or BIP101 literally does undermine decentralisation, so you're throwing around very strong accusations on the basis of a secondary point of contention. Shaky ground.

Vires in numeris
VeritasSapere

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 05:01:33 PM

Well, when you strip away your (economic?) minority argument that exponential blocksize increases don't threaten decentralsied nodes, there's not much left. The XT code nad/or BIP101 literally does undermine decentralisation, so you're throwing around very strong accusations on the basis of secondary point of contention. Shaky ground.
Changing the subject I see, BIP101 is also not exponential, it does have an ending point, and its starting point will not be at the limit of our technology. I do recognize that there are negative externalities to increasing the blocksize. However I think that this should be a balancing act with all of the other variables considered. One megabyte forever certainly would cause more harm to Bitcoin in terms of adoption, decentralization and financial freedom over the long run.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 05:21:43 PM

Their Big Lie is that Bitcoin was created to replace commercial banking, not central banking (as if the Genesis Text was about $2 ATM fees instead of TBTF bailouts).

It is indeed.  I personally care not one iota about replacing ATM's.  The debt-based monetary system which currently animates the entire economic state of my country is what I care about.  More specifically, the inherent life expectancy of such systems and their typical failure modes, and what it may mean to me.  Even more specifically, what evolves out of such an implosion.

It is worth note that almost without exception the efforts that Hearn and Andresen have focused on are to facilitate to enlistment of people who's interest does not go beyond the ATM/VISA/PayPal aspect of the Bitcoin monetary system.  I attribute this to a strategy which recognizes that these participants are a distinct liability to the defensibility of the ecosystem.  The demands that 'the masses' make will open many chinks in the armor.  Actually 'chinks' is an understatement.  The effect would be that of a sufficiently large torpedo detonated under the keel mid-ship.

I do believe that this 'enlist the masses' focus has been strategic, and is for the ultimate purpose of destroying the Bitcoin solution in it's initial form.  At least in Hearn's case.  Gavin may at one point have been legitimately convinced that ballooning the userbase was a viable defense however naive that may be, and also that bending over backward to placate the existing political power structures so that they will be nice to us made sense.  I don't believe that that is a sustainable argument any more if it ever was, and Gavin must certainly know this.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
brg444 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 05:22:27 PM

Why you guys still entertaining VS ?  Angry

Changing the subject I see, BIP101 is also not exponential, it does have an ending point, and its starting point will not be at the limit of our technology.

Roll Eyes Who ever said exponential = infinite  Huh

In other news I guess I got banned from /r/Bitcoin for going too hard at banking shills & Mike Hearn  Cheesy

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 05:33:56 PM

Yes it is.  That's why I stole it!   Grin

Subverting Bitcoin's revolutionary potential into yet another consumer payment rail is *EXACTLY* what the BIS shitlords should do, if they seek to preserve their exorbitant money printing privileges.  And Mike_Heam@sigint.google.mil is only too happy to help.

If you wish to use the phrase in your sig or Personal Text (words under avatar pic) that would be great!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 05:53:49 PM

Yes it is.  That's why I stole it!   Grin

Subverting Bitcoin's revolutionary potential into yet another consumer payment rail is *EXACTLY* what the BIS shitlords should do, if they seek to preserve their exorbitant money printing privileges.  And Mike_Heam@sigint.google.mil is only too happy to help.

If you wish to use the phrase in your sig or Personal Text (words under avatar pic) that would be great!

I like it too and did just that. In bonus another special one from Hal Finney.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 06:04:31 PM

Oh he mad  Cheesy

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 06:40:17 PM

Yes it is.  That's why I stole it!   Grin

Subverting Bitcoin's revolutionary potential into yet another consumer payment rail is *EXACTLY* what the BIS shitlords should do, if they seek to preserve their exorbitant money printing privileges.  And Mike_Heam@sigint.google.mil is only too happy to help.

I like it too and did just that. In bonus another special one from Hal Finney.

In before "Hal Finney works for Blockstream!!1!"   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 06:47:15 PM

Oh he mad  Cheesy

Hey Mikey, BitcoinObituaries.com has moved to ----> here.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 07:17:20 PM

-snip-
Oh he mad  Cheesy
It certainly looks like it even though he's trying hard to hide it (it's not working). If he was talking about getting rid of the 1 MB limit or something then it would be okay. However, 'getting rid of Core' seems suspicious. Maybe 'someone' tried corrupting some of them but have failed. It's pretty obvious what side Hearn is on. His project has failed and I don't mind him leaving the ecosystem completely at all.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:25:19 PM

-snip-
Oh he mad  Cheesy
It certainly looks like it even though he's trying hard to hide it (it's not working). If he was talking about getting rid of the 1 MB limit or something then it would be okay. However, 'getting rid of Core' seems suspicious. Maybe 'someone' tried corrupting some of them but have failed. It's pretty obvious what side Hearn is on. His project has failed and I don't mind him leaving the ecosystem completely at all.

I thought exactly the same.
That guy is no loss but I'm sure we will have to deal with Mike in the future.
We might have finished with him.
But he is not finished with us.
VeritasSapere

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:36:20 PM

-snip-
Oh he mad  Cheesy
The actions of Core and some of its supporters are coming across as more and more totalitarian. I am happy to adopt a different philosophy and run code that better reflects my will and the original vision of Satoshi Nakamoto. Everyone is free to make this choice for themselves as well.
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:44:35 PM

Mike Hearn joins a banking conglomerate hostile to Bitcoin yet it's Core who has a "totalitarian" problem.  Roll Eyes

Stepping out of the twilight zone for once would surely do some good to your brain.

brg444 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:47:32 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

VeritasSapere

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:55:51 PM

Laugh all you like, I would like to contribute to Bitcoin unlimited if I can. We need more alternative implementations for people to choose from. Bitcoin unlimited aligns better with my beliefs then Core presently does.

https://bitco.in/forum/threads/bitcoin-unlimited-ideas-arguments-and-proposals.123/#post-2903
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:59:29 PM

Laugh all you like, I would like to contribute to Bitcoin unlimited if I can. We need more alternative implementations for people to choose from. Bitcoin unlimited aligns better with my beliefs then Core presently does.

https://bitco.in/forum/threads/bitcoin-unlimited-ideas-arguments-and-proposals.123/#post-2903

Bitcoin Unlimited is a bunch of fluff who will never see the light of the day. Good luck with that.

Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 227 »
  Print  

Jump to: