Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:32:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 227 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin XT - Officially #REKT (also goes for BIP101 fraud)  (Read 378926 times)
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:03:13 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Laugh all you like, I would like to contribute to Bitcoin unlimited if I can. We need more alternative implementations for people to choose from. Bitcoin unlimited aligns better with my beliefs then Core presently does.

https://bitco.in/forum/threads/bitcoin-unlimited-ideas-arguments-and-proposals.123/#post-2903

Bitcoin Unlimited is a bunch of fluff who will never see the light of the day. Good luck with that.

I’m willing to bet that Bitcoin Unlimited will see the light much sooner than Lightning network.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 09:05:59 PM

Subverting Bitcoin's revolutionary potential into yet another consumer payment rail is *EXACTLY* what the BIS shitlords should do, if they seek to preserve their exorbitant money printing privileges.

And Mike_Heam@sigint.google.mil is only too happy to help.

As if on cue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3tftas/mike_hearn_now_working_for_r3cv_blockchain/

Shitlords gotta shitlord.

Did I call that or what?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:08:50 PM

More ad hominem from the usual suspects. I do not care who writes the code, what matters is what is in the code itself. Even if the code was written by the devil himself or any other monster from the annals of history, I would still support it, because the code that is within BIP101 does represent the best path for Bitcoin going into the future, compared to the alternatives.
It's verifiable facts. Your understanding of fallacies is that of a 14 year-old.
I am saying that I do not care about who writes the code and what kind of a person they are or even what their motivations might be, it should not be a popularity contest. This is my opinion and the verifiable facts do not change this whatsoever.

Hearn's code is crap too ... so you are on our page.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 09:09:18 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Laugh all you like, I would like to contribute to Bitcoin unlimited if I can. We need more alternative implementations for people to choose from. Bitcoin unlimited aligns better with my beliefs then Core presently does.

https://bitco.in/forum/threads/bitcoin-unlimited-ideas-arguments-and-proposals.123/#post-2903

Bitcoin Unlimited is a bunch of fluff who will never see the light of the day. Good luck with that.

They can't even decide whether or not Bitcoin Unlimited (LOL) should keep the 21e6 coin limit.

Their failed altcoin project is no more Bitcoin than Bitcoin Dark is.

Can't complain about the epic laughs tho.    Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:21:14 PM

More ad hominem from the usual suspects. I do not care who writes the code, what matters is what is in the code itself. Even if the code was written by the devil himself or any other monster from the annals of history, I would still support it, because the code that is within BIP101 does represent the best path for Bitcoin going into the future, compared to the alternatives.
It's verifiable facts. Your understanding of fallacies is that of a 14 year-old.
I am saying that I do not care about who writes the code and what kind of a person they are or even what their motivations might be, it should not be a popularity contest. This is my opinion and the verifiable facts do not change this whatsoever.
Hearn's code is crap too ... so you are on our page.
BIP101 was written by Gavin Andresen, BIP101 is the only aspect of XT that is consensus critical, the rest is optional.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:23:15 PM

Mike H. RageQuits Bitcoin ... bye Mike, don't let the door hit your ass on the way pout.

Said this was coming a month back, egos gonna ego.

Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:28:09 PM

Nothing to see here. The cheerleaders of the Judean peoples Front National still believe to represent Bitcoin. Unbelievable.
Even in the censored subreddit Mike gets the most upvotes.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 09:29:15 PM

Mike H. RageQuits Bitcoin ... bye Mike, don't let the door hit your ass on the way pout.

Said this was coming a month back, egos gonna ego.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:29:59 PM

Nothing to see here. The cheerleaders of the Judean Front National still believe to represent Bitcoin. Unbelievable.

... sounds like you're another footsoldier for BankCoin, report to Hearn for duties.

Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:35:30 PM

Nothing to see here. The cheerleaders of the Judean Front National still believe to represent Bitcoin. Unbelievable.

... sounds like you're another footsoldier for BankCoin, report to Hearn for duties.

BS. A BankCoin is no competition to a permissionless p2p coin.
brg444 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:37:32 PM

Tell that to Mike, he's given up on Bitcoin already.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:49:25 PM

Tell that to Mike, he's given up on Bitcoin already.

No.
danielW

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:08:54 AM

And now Mike Hearn joins the bankers at REC3V and their blockchains.

"Conflict of interest" anyone?

If he can't get his way, and he won't, he will become a "blockchain technologies" person and try attacking Bitcoin from the outside instead of the inside. Pushing for making non-policeable cryptos illegal will be on his agenda sooner or later.

lol go look up his proof of passport scheme he was trying to push on miners. Basically miners wouldn't produce valid blocks unless they had a valid passport for govt agencies to see who is mining.
I'm aware, and the redlisting "idea". His ideas often go in these directions, including his node prioritization schemes used in XT.

But if he seems he's hit a wall in his undermining of Bitcoin's decentralisation and censorship-resistance from within development, then he will try from the outside. I think it's a matter of time. Gavin already joined the "alliance" and is actively working in the policing of Bitcoin. Talk about conflict of interest.
Sorry, it is important because if XT would succeed Gavin and Hearn would be the most powerful people in Bitcoin. Xt 101 is not just about code its also about change of leadership. We have to analyse the leaders.
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 12:11:26 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 12:58:52 AM by HostFat

Many are missing that Bitcoin can be useful to many people and entities while it is decentralized.

So it can even be useful also to banks.

There is just one entity on the entire Bitcoin system that gains from its current centralisation.

Currently the worst attack that can happen (and maybe it's already happening) against Bitcoin, it just choosing to not using it and using something else.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:16:44 AM

Many are missing that Bitcoin can be useful to many people and entities while it is decentralized.

So it can even be useful also to banks.

There is just one entity on the entire Bitcoin system that gains from its current centralisation.

consensus is the new centralization.

the Bitcoin community is united in getting rid of deception artists like Mike Hearn and so far this block size debate has proved successful in purging the most toxic actors out of this ecosystem.

what a fantastic time to be alive, don't you think  Smiley

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:44:15 AM

Whoa when I predicted Mike to jump from Bitcoin into bankster "blockchain technologies" to attack it from outside, I didn't expect it to be within a few hours of saying it.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
danielW

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:59:47 AM

Whoa when I predicted Mike to jump from Bitcoin into bankster "blockchain technologies" to attack it from outside, I didn't expect it to be within a few hours of saying it.

The funny thing is when he talks about centralisation due to lightning or blockstream, when its so transparent that he does not really care. He just uses the arguments to further his agenda.

The person who proposes blacklists, passports and works for banks suddenly cares so much about decentralisation (as it happens when it suits his argument).

I am still to understand how switching from many core developers working in consensus (and mike thinks core needs to be gone) ...

is more centralised ...

then him or Gavin backed by Coinbase as benevolent dictators of the main reference client.

Whuut?? Can somebody explain this??

Sure its not about Mike gaining power for himself, its just about decentralisation of development ... by having it under him  Roll Eyes.
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:28:33 AM

This whole comment of Gmax laying the beats on Mike deserves its own post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoinxt/comments/3t21dh/dangerous_homebrew_cryptography_in_blockstream/cx586r1

In your post you appear to be blaming other people for the failure gain adoption for the Bitcoin XT agenda. Success or lack thereof on this matter is your responsibility not anyone else. You've already gone way over the top on the deceptive and hostile rhetoric, making low and outright misleading arguments, constant appeals to the press after almost universally the technical community analyzed and rejected your extreme positions, all to little effect-- while for the most part we've just quietly endured the defamation and insults. Against dozens of press articles and blog posts you've written attacking me, the developers of Bitcoin core, the many people at my company, etc.-- you will find nothing like that from me (just some arguments with you 1:1 in Reddit threads and mailing lists). You are not going to bludgeon or badger people into performing changes they believe are harmful in their own software; not by yourself and not through any number of violent threat-issuing sockmasters that your passionate blog posts reliably stir up. You are already free to copy changes made to Bitcoin Core, please stop acting like that gives you license to dictate what goes into it and how we spend our time. At this point I don't think anything more productive than this can be said: If you don't like it, then I beg of you please don't use it just as you have been insisting to others that they shouldn't.

danielW

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 02:19:04 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 02:40:04 AM by danielW

This whole comment of Gmax laying the beats on Mike deserves its own post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoinxt/comments/3t21dh/dangerous_homebrew_cryptography_in_blockstream/cx586r1

In your post you appear to be blaming other people for the failure gain adoption for the Bitcoin XT agenda. Success or lack thereof on this matter is your responsibility not anyone else. You've already gone way over the top on the deceptive and hostile rhetoric, making low and outright misleading arguments, constant appeals to the press after almost universally the technical community analyzed and rejected your extreme positions, all to little effect-- while for the most part we've just quietly endured the defamation and insults. Against dozens of press articles and blog posts you've written attacking me, the developers of Bitcoin core, the many people at my company, etc.-- you will find nothing like that from me (just some arguments with you 1:1 in Reddit threads and mailing lists). You are not going to bludgeon or badger people into performing changes they believe are harmful in their own software; not by yourself and not through any number of violent threat-issuing sockmasters that your passionate blog posts reliably stir up. You are already free to copy changes made to Bitcoin Core, please stop acting like that gives you license to dictate what goes into it and how we spend our time. At this point I don't think anything more productive than this can be said: If you don't like it, then I beg of you please don't use it just as you have been insisting to others that they shouldn't.

That was utter destruction of Mike by Greg, in that whole exchange.

Mike continues  the dishonest lie (one of many) that forking core or alternative implementations are criticised, when its only forking the blockchain that is criticised.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 03:32:00 AM

That was utter destruction of Mike by Greg, in that whole exchange.

GMAX is back, and boy is he pissed!

*epic pwnage ensues*

nullc

You're free to have your own repository-- and you do in fact; you should try working on it instead of telling other people what to do in their own repositories for a change. I don't have to like what you do, and I can stridently recommend people not run it-- as is always the case; but you remain free to work on whatever you like and think is most important (and even benefit from my work too). Too bad you don't seem to respect that by the same token others do not have to do what you want.

Ha, gmax just told Mikey to go shitcode on his XT shitrepo, and stop pestering the important people at the adult table.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 227 »
  Print  

Jump to: