Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:59:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin XT - Officially #REKT (also goes for BIP101 fraud)  (Read 378926 times)
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 06:09:55 AM

salt..

This denigration of signatures represents nothing less than an attack on the primacy of cryptography in cryptocurrency. The blockchain represents a complete and verifiable historical record of every transaction and balance in Bitcoin. Attacking verifiability by lopping off signatures in a misguided effort to cram more transactions into a megabyte. This leaves a eunuch which is no longer the virile Bitcoin we love. As signatures fade into history, cryptographic certainty is replaced by faith and hope.

Ultimately, it is about increasing the number of places where Bitcoin can break and reducing the prominence of cryptography in cryptocurrency.

http://qntra.net/2015/12/after-xt-failure-gavin-andresen-supports-jim-crow-for-signatures-on-the-blockchain/

and pepper... http://trilema.com/2015/theres-a-one-bitcoin-reward-for-the-death-of-pieter-wuille-details-below/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cconvert2G36

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 06:49:34 AM

Ever feel like you had to tell a joke twice before someone laughed?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 07:39:30 AM

salt..

This denigration of signatures represents nothing less than an attack on the primacy of cryptography in cryptocurrency. The blockchain represents a complete and verifiable historical record of every transaction and balance in Bitcoin. Attacking verifiability by lopping off signatures in a misguided effort to cram more transactions into a megabyte. This leaves a eunuch which is no longer the virile Bitcoin we love. As signatures fade into history, cryptographic certainty is replaced by faith and hope.

Ultimately, it is about increasing the number of places where Bitcoin can break and reducing the prominence of cryptography in cryptocurrency.

http://qntra.net/2015/12/after-xt-failure-gavin-andresen-supports-jim-crow-for-signatures-on-the-blockchain/

and pepper... http://trilema.com/2015/theres-a-one-bitcoin-reward-for-the-death-of-pieter-wuille-details-below/

Sorry I can't offer a knee-jerk reaction to this.  I need more time and information to produce commentary of value.

As with sidechains, I will by default fight this feature.  But I will also hope that fight is similarly futile and the new feature will prove worthy of adding value to Bitcoin.   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Cconvert2G36

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 07:47:01 AM

salt..

Sorry I can't offer a knee-jerk reaction to this.  I need more time and information to produce commentary of value.

As with sidechains, I will by default fight this feature.  But I will also hope that fight is similarly futile and the new feature will prove worthy of adding value to Bitcoin.   Tongue

How about the knee jerk reaction that death threats aren't helpful?
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 10:53:16 AM

Thanks to /u/bitcoinworld for demonstrating /r/btc is a haven for witch hunting, public lynchings, and mob rule.

An euphemism of an uncensored place. The infiltration failed. Sensor ship destroyed.

O RLY?

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/3us1kl/free_jstolfi/

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/3us1kl/free_jstolfi/cxioupa

Trollfi is welcome on /r/bitcoin (subject to the normal moderation/rules) but banned for no apparent reason from /r/btc.

So much for your "uncensored place."  That sensor ship has sailed.   Grin

The Bigblockers fighted there against censorship - and won.
The Smallblockers fight for censorship. That's the difference.
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 10:56:15 AM

-snip-
XT/Unlimiturd = Worst Altcoins Ever.

What's your take on when we do the segwitness altcoin?

You are confusing soft forks (segwitness) and hard forks (XT/Unlimiturd).

I don't think segwit will happen anytime Soon.  If/when it's implemented, it will be because of a genuine need as agreed/recognized by the socioeconomic majority, not because of a whining Gavinista minority of Redditurd bury brigades.

So you disagree with hdbuck and MP. How about when we fork to a modest 2MiB while segwit is tested? Altcoin?

2MB = HARD FORK = ALTCOIN = FAIL

Bitcoin hardforked already.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 11:39:13 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2015, 12:43:09 PM by hdbuck

salt..

Sorry I can't offer a knee-jerk reaction to this.  I need more time and information to produce commentary of value.

As with sidechains, I will by default fight this feature.  But I will also hope that fight is similarly futile and the new feature will prove worthy of adding value to Bitcoin.   Tongue

How about the knee jerk reaction that death threats aren't helpful?

its not a threat, it's a cryptographically signed message.

to show you noob the cryptography in cryptocurrency, but not so surprisingly all you kid can see is "ofmg de4th threat"!!

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 06:39:22 PM

-snip-
XT/Unlimiturd = Worst Altcoins Ever.

What's your take on when we do the segwitness altcoin?

You are confusing soft forks (segwitness) and hard forks (XT/Unlimiturd).

I don't think segwit will happen anytime Soon.  If/when it's implemented, it will be because of a genuine need as agreed/recognized by the socioeconomic majority, not because of a whining Gavinista minority of Redditurd bury brigades.

So you disagree with hdbuck and MP. How about when we fork to a modest 2MiB while segwit is tested? Altcoin?

2MB = HARD FORK = ALTCOIN = FAIL

Bitcoin hardforked already.

Oh my bad, I forgot to accommodate your learning disability and spell it out for you.

Here, is this better for helping you to understand why XT got #rekt?

2MB = CONTENTIOUS HARD FORK = ALTCOIN = FAIL

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
brg444 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 07:59:46 PM

Over at the mental ward...

Quote from: VeritasSapere
I often find that my writing is most inspired when countering opposing viewpoints.

You need to check your ego young man  Cheesy

Your writing is neither inspiring nor does it counter anything not resembling a collection of strawmen.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 06:21:26 AM

Surprised that people are still on the xt bandwagon, neanderthals or homo habilus?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 10:35:55 AM

Surprised that people are still on the xt bandwagon, neanderthals or homo habilus?
Prepare for incoming logic fallacies.  Cheesy I can't comprehend how someone could still support XT; how, after so much research, they could claim that this is a good solution? Trying to destroy Bitcoin maybe?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:37:52 AM

I can't comprehend how someone could still support XT

Here's the last Gavinista blockchain bloat activist "standing":

MbccompanyX

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 01:44:19 PM

Prepare for incoming logic fallacies.  Cheesy I can't comprehend how someone could still support XT; how, after so much research, they could claim that this is a good solution? Trying to destroy Bitcoin maybe?

well lauda let's remember that when the bitcoin xt debate started people already started to go on panic and selling but seems that instead now bitcoin becamed even stronger because it didn't only recovered the loss caused from the initial days but even got interest from this last. anyway i still think that all this debate over the block sizes is useless and can be instead a move that will slowdown the whole bitcoin network and make the start of the end for bitcoin and all the altcoins because let's remember how changes on bitcoin price causes changes even on the other coins....

VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:31:55 PM

I find it difficult to comprehend why someone would still support Core. For the same reasons that Jeff Garzik has now clearly stated:

Quote from: Jeff Garzik
An Economic Change Event is a period of market chaos, where large changes to prices and sets of economic actors occurs over a short time period. A Fee Event is a notable Economic Change Event, where a realistic projection forsees higher fee/KB on average, pricing some economic actors (bitcoin projects and businesses) out of the system.
The game theory bidding behavior is different for a mostly-empty resource versus a usually-full resource.  Prices are different.  Profitable business models are different.  Users (the set of economic actors on the network) are different.
Failure to increase block size is not obviously-conservative, it is a conscious choice, electing for one economic state and set of actors and prices over another. Choosing Future Fee Market over Today's Fee Market. It is rational to reason that maintaining TFM is more conservative than enduring an Economic Change Event from TFM to FFM. It is rational to reason that maintaining similar prices and economic actors is less disruptive. Failure to increase block size will lead to a Fee Event sooner rather than later. Failure to plan ahead for a Fee Event will lead to greater market chaos and User pain.
Some Developers wish to accelerate the Fee Event, and a veto can accomplish that. In the current developer dynamics, 1-2 key developers can and very likely would veto any block size increase.
This is an extreme moral hazard: A few Bitcoin Core committers can veto increase and thereby reshape bitcoin economics, price some businesses out of the system. It is less of a moral hazard to keep the current economics [by raising block size] and not exercise such power.
The current trajectory of no-block-size-increase can lead to short time market chaos, actor chaos, businesses no longer viable. In a $6.6B economy, it is criminal to let the Service undergo an Economic Change event without warning users loudly, months in advance:  "Dear users, ECE has accelerated potential due to developers preferring a transition from TFM to FFM."
Further, wallet software User experience is very, very poor in a hyper-competitive fee market.
Almost all bitcoin businesses, exchanges and miners have stated they want a block size increase.  See the many media articles, BIP 101 letter, and wiki.
It is a valid and rational economic choice to subsidize the system with lower fees in the beginning. Many miners, for example, openly state they prefer long term system growth over maximizing tiny amounts of current day income. Vetoing a block size increase has the effect of eliminating that economic choice as an option.
Without exaggeration, I have never seen this much disconnect between user wishes and dev outcomes in 20+ years of open source.
Higher Service prices can negatively impact system security. Bitcoin depends on a virtuous cycle of users boosting and maintaining bitcoin's network effect, incentivizing miners, increasing security. Higher prices that reduce bitcoin's user count and network effect can have the opposite impact.
We only know for certain that blocks-mostly-not-full works. We do not know that changing to blocks-mostly-full works. Changing to a new economic system includes boatloads of risk.
The worst possible outcome is letting the ecosystem randomly drift into the first Fee Event without openly stating the new economic policy choices and consequences. The simple fact is *inaction* on this supply-limited resource, block size, will change bitcoin to a new economic shape and with different economic actors, selecting some and not others. It is better to kick the can and gather crucial field data, because next-step (FFM) is very much not fleshed out.
RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:39:08 PM

I find it difficult to comprehend ...
We know that.
sAt0sHiFanClub

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 03:47:54 PM

We know that.

You should try reading more than 6 words at a time. Or has smallblockism extended into text as well?   Grin

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 04:06:56 PM

We know that.

You should try reading more than 6 words at a time. Or has smallblockism extended into text as well?   Grin
Cheesy For the record, I'm not smallblockist, whatever you mean by it. Wink
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 04:14:05 PM

Oh theres only one person left lol.. Ive aleady read into this and debated with that person and proved to him or her why bigger blocks are not needed right now but i guess hes back for more.
VeritasSapere

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 04:21:50 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2015, 04:53:25 PM by VeritasSapere

We know that.

You should try reading more than 6 words at a time. Or has smallblockism extended into text as well?   Grin
Cheesy For the record, I'm not smallblockist, whatever you mean by it. Wink
If you support Core you are supporting small blocks, unless you believe that Core will raise the blocksize. Even though Jeff Garzik himself no longer seems to believe that this is the case.

Some Developers wish to accelerate the Fee Event, and a veto can accomplish that. In the current developer dynamics, 1-2 key developers can and very likely would veto any block size increase.
I have discussed this with you before, you do seem like one of the more reasonable Core supporters, I would hope that eventually you would also lose faith in Core. Since surely there should also be a limit to your patience.

VeritasSapere

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 04:26:40 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2015, 04:44:44 PM by VeritasSapere

Oh theres only one person left lol.. Ive aleady read into this and debated with that person and proved to him or her why bigger blocks are not needed right now but i guess hes back for more.
Stop pretending as if I am the only person that supports this, there are many people that want the blocksize to be increased.

Almost all bitcoin businesses, exchanges and miners have stated they want a block size increase.  See the many media articles, BIP 101 letter, and wiki.
Without exaggeration, I have never seen this much disconnect between user wishes and dev outcomes in 20+ years of open source.

https://bitco.in/forum/threads/who-is-for-and-against-expanding-the-block-size-reasonably-soon.119/

https://bitco.in/forum/threads/gold-collapsing-bitcoin-up.16/page-182
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 »
  Print  

Jump to: