Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:12:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ♘♕♔SWING♚ ♛♞ ▬▬▬▬●Programmatically Fluctuating Miners Cost!●▬▬▬▬ Now On Bittrex!  (Read 119340 times)
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 05:56:36 PM

Thanks!

BTW, I've noticed that SWING deposits to bittrex seemed to have stopped working...

Can anyone else confirm/deny?

I've had deposits take much longer than they should in the past in a few coins including Swing. I think it's something to do with their deposit platform. Bittrex isn't showing any warnings about the coin being offline so I'd just give it a little more time. If someone wants to test and report back it can only help.

I've logged a ticket. Missing deposits for the past 15 hours.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 06:41:24 PM

Thanks!

BTW, I've noticed that SWING deposits to bittrex seemed to have stopped working...

Can anyone else confirm/deny?

I've had deposits take much longer than they should in the past in a few coins including Swing. I think it's something to do with their deposit platform. Bittrex isn't showing any warnings about the coin being offline so I'd just give it a little more time. If someone wants to test and report back it can only help.

I've logged a ticket. Missing deposits for the past 15 hours.

bleh, forked!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
murderouskirk (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:17:09 PM

I submitted a ticket as well to ask about it.

Could be their wallet just fell out of sync and payments are queued but not being processed. Whatever it is we will get it sorted when we hear from Bittrex.

I would caution people to do test deposits/withdraws and wait for them to clear before making major transactions.

Thanks for the heads up crackfoo, sorry for the inconvenience.
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 12:19:02 AM

One of my wallets was forked. I could have sworn I look at their status page and saw we were on the same block but I must have been looking at a different wallet.

Ah well.

murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:54:38 AM

One of my wallets was forked. I could have sworn I look at their status page and saw we were on the same block but I must have been looking at a different wallet.

Ah well.

I did a test withdraw and it went through. It didn't hit quickly so I re-downloaded the chain and got it. I may have just been impatient I'm not sure.

To be clear for debugging/clarity, did your wallet fall out of sync, or continue to progress on a side chain out of sync from the seed node/bittrex?

Also, are your coins where you want them now?
shapetwist

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:59:33 AM

Ah well.

I did a test withdraw and it went through. It didn't hit quickly so I re-downloaded the chain and got it. I may have just been impatient I'm not sure.

To be clear for debugging/clarity, did your wallet fall out of sync, or continue to progress on a side chain our of sync from the seed node/bittrex?

Any update on the connectivity/chain issues that keep us getting to re-download it?

$APX - AstroPepeX - 1st AI developed ETH token
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 02:26:49 PM

Ah well.

To be clear for debugging/clarity, did your wallet fall out of sync, or continue to progress on a side chain our of sync from the seed node/bittrex?

Any update on the connectivity/chain issues that keep us getting to re-download it?

one of my wallet again caught up in a fork. Has many peers connected as well so seems there are quite a few others that are on the fork too.

InvalidChainFound: invalid block=fee06687ea6c3cb6e518  height=76884  trust=95641277799943567833  blocktrust=92578545  date=11/22/15 14:26:10
InvalidChainFound:  current best=259a9975c8ae3305320a  height=76820  trust=95587305001177358921  blocktrust=159339678  date=11/22/15 12:40:14

BluRPie

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:10:53 PM

No Issues here..

btw, no issues on zpool.ca either. its mining like a charm, and pays out in SWING.. very nice work xpool/zpool!
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 10:50:56 PM

This is the last we spoke of it. Do you get this issue very frequently? It's not frequent for me and nobody has told me it's severe so it's been categorized as minor up to this point.

This page tracks what we are / want / need to do. It is open for comments, and anyone who asks will be given access to add new "cards".
https://trello.com/b/RTj6sMTd/swingcoin

We have spoken lightly as a community about a connectivity patch in the past. In short, some people experience out of sync issues when reconnecting to the network. We dug into this and found the cause to be rounding errors. It's reasonable to assume the cause for some orphans could be the same problem. In short the fix for this requires doing the reward math a little differently (with the same outcome) and versioning up the core code. Doing this is an intentional fork, and comes with strain on the network and stress for all of us. Given the minor nature of the issues and the relative stability of the blockchain I've opted to delay this patch till we started talking about additional core upgrades to push in bulk. I think now is a good time to bring this back up and start discussing it as a group.

That being said, I'm upgrading this issue from minor because I think it's related to:

one of my wallet again caught up in a fork. Has many peers connected as well so seems there are quite a few others that are on the fork too.

InvalidChainFound: invalid block=fee06687ea6c3cb6e518  height=76884  trust=95641277799943567833  blocktrust=92578545  date=11/22/15 14:26:10
InvalidChainFound:  current best=259a9975c8ae3305320a  height=76820  trust=95587305001177358921  blocktrust=159339678  date=11/22/15 12:40:14

So that being said, I'm now upgrading the issue from minor and investigating a core update.

I believe I know what needs to be done to fix both of these problems. I'm currently looking into verifying and figuring out what the best way to push an update is.

If anyone wants to discuss other core upgrades, now is the time! (Keeping in mind we are currently looking at core upgrades, not wallet upgrades.)

Crackfoo, if you can PM me or post here on information regarding how you went about investigating this I'd appreciate it. Others might find it useful as well.

I'll need some time to confirm things and prep a suggested update. Please bear with me through this process. I'll keep you all updated best I can. We'll get it all sorted out.
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 11:44:46 PM

No Issues here..

btw, no issues on zpool.ca either. its mining like a charm, and pays out in SWING.. very nice work xpool/zpool!

Excellent to hear!

I'm unable to replicate any issues on my end either, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I will be investigating.
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 01:01:37 AM

No Issues here..

Excellent to hear!

I'm unable to replicate any issues on my end either, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I will be investigating.

I didn't do anything special to track issues down. just noticed the one of my pool wallet keeps jumping the chain to another. First time I did a rescan and it came back to the proper one, today though it would not move back to the proper one so had to toast my blockchain and redownload it all.

quantumgravity

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 01:13:49 AM

Well I know you are firmly against switching algos, but I do think the wallet could be served very well by a few things: Improve coin control in someway so that it becomes more of a variable factor and adds even more of a level of skill. I believe presstab has made some excellent innovations in that arena. Also, as I think someone said, allowing the window size to be adjusted and maximized. All in all I think it's going great! Swing is coming up on the big 100k!

Edit: The way Sprouts did coin controil was awesome too. It was it's own page with the wallet and color coded inputs to determine their weight. It also showed a very cleasr and concise probability, which he didn't do, but I think that probability could be used to have an actual time estimate feature for each input. I don't know how difficult that would be to implement, but it would be awesome.

murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 03:30:37 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2015, 03:40:58 AM by murderouskirk

Let me be a little clearer if you don't mind.

I  noticed the one of my pool wallet keeps jumping the chain to another.

How did you notice this? A Swingd command? Comparing your wallet to the block explorer? Comparing two wallets?

First time I did a rescan and it came back to the proper one, today though it would not move back to the proper one so had to toast my blockchain and redownload it all.

"I did a rescan"

How? Is this a Swingd command? How did you get the readout you posted above?
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 03:39:28 AM

Well I know you are firmly against switching algos, but I do think the wallet could be served very well by a few things: Improve coin control in someway so that it becomes more of a variable factor and adds even more of a level of skill. I believe presstab has made some excellent innovations in that arena. Also, as I think someone said, allowing the window size to be adjusted and maximized. All in all I think it's going great! Swing is coming up on the big 100k!

Edit: The way Sprouts did coin controil was awesome too. It was it's own page with the wallet and color coded inputs to determine their weight. It also showed a very cleasr and concise probability, which he didn't do, but I think that probability could be used to have an actual time estimate feature for each input. I don't know how difficult that would be to implement, but it would be awesome.

I like the thought of this. Can I get some links?

My initial thought is about how Swing already seems to split and combine inputs on its own. I'm unaware if this is compatible with coin control. (I also don't know why or where in the code this occurs.. other than guesses that is. I haven't explored that yet.)

I also don't know how they accomplished coin control or how to implement it.

Being the only dev working on this (we could really use more) it may be tough for me to implement this without being able to bounce code off people.

That being said, I'm absolutely interested in exploring it.

While I'm digging around trying to sort out the connectivity upgrade I'll see if I can figure out how to make the new version's wallet go fullscreen too.

I should also mention:

@Berzeck in my slack group (Part of the WorldCoin team) has offered to potentially help us implement his "Dancing Hippo / Worldcoin Business Center" wallet as an alternative wallet for Swing.

I gave it a look and it seems pretty neat. He's also the only dev to suggest or seem interested in working with Swing. If people are interested I can poke him about it.

(Oh and it goes fullscreen)

Preview of what that looks like:

murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 03:49:34 AM

Well I know you are firmly against switching algos,

Also I should mention that I'm not firmly against it, I just think it's a bad idea. If there was big community support for this we could investigate.

My thinking is just:

A: SHA256 makes it more likely for miners to discover and sample Swing.
B: SHA256 is easiest to rent and mine with for most people.
C: I don't have any experience with an algo swap and the more we change the more we introduce room for error. I don't want to break things.
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 04:15:40 AM

How did you notice this? A Swingd command? Comparing your wallet to the block explorer? Comparing two wallets?

First time I did a rescan and it came back to the proper one, today though it would not move back to the proper one so had to toast my blockchain and redownload it all.

"I did a rescan"

Yeah I used the swingd getinfo to see what the current block height is on each one. I noticed because the diff was showing different on the pools so knew one has to be off. One pool was mining it while the other wasnt' which is an indicator for me.

yes the -rescan option is in swingd. Shut it down and start it back up as swingd -rescan and it rescans what you have, it happened to connect back up to the proper chain and all my tx on the fork were removed from my wallet. 2nd time I could stop connecting to other peers on that same fork. So deleted the chain and peers and set addnode= with known good peers.

murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 04:30:05 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2015, 04:44:13 AM by murderouskirk

"I did a rescan"

Yeah I used the swingd getinfo to see what the current block height is on each one. I noticed because the diff was showing different on the pools so knew one has to be off. One pool was mining it while the other wasnt' which is an indicator for me.

yes the -rescan option is in swingd. Shut it down and start it back up as swingd -rescan and it rescans what you have, it happened to connect back up to the proper chain and all my tx on the fork were removed from my wallet. 2nd time I could stop connecting to other peers on that same fork. So deleted the chain and peers and set addnode= with known good peers.

Thank you. This should help reassure users concerned about their personal wallet status while I investigate.

For GUI users:

(At least in windows)

You will not have the "Target" field in the Swing.exe properties.

To rescan:

Right click and drag/drop Swing.exe -> Make shortcut here
Right click shortcut -> properties
In the "Target" field you will see the path to Swing.exe.
make it say: C:\Directory\Swing.exe -rescan
Apply -> OK
Launch VIA shortcut.

Now when you startup Swing you have a regular launcher and a launcher that rescans. (It will happen during the splash screen and will take a while. Mine hasn't finished yet so I'm not sure what to expect when it finishes.)
quantumgravity

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 07:01:48 AM

C-Cex responded to my request to add the coin and it's on the voting block:

https://c-cex.com/?id=vote

quantumgravity

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 07:11:26 AM

My initial thought is about how Swing already seems to split and combine inputs on its own. I'm unaware if this is compatible with coin control. (I also don't know why or where in the code this occurs.. other than guesses that is. I haven't explored that yet.)

Being the only dev working on this (we could really use more) it may be tough for me to implement this without being able to bounce code off people.

Swing already has coin control, I'm talking about upgrading it to allow stakers to have more information at their disposal when making decisions about their wallet balance. This is what coin control is for. You always want to spend the coins with the least weight first. Coin control allows for this.

Take a look at RateCoin (XRA) to see the kinds of features I'm talking about. Swing could adopt many of the improvements XRA made in coin control pretty simply I think.

VentureC

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 07:23:11 AM

Swing already has coin control, I'm talking about upgrading it to allow stakers to have more information at their disposal when making decisions about their wallet balance. This is what coin control is for. You always want to spend the coins with the least weight first. Coin control allows for this.

Take a look at RateCoin (XRA) to see the kinds of features I'm talking about. Swing could adopt many of the improvements XRA made in coin control pretty simply I think.

@Quantumgravity, you're making a very good suggestion and you got my vote. Coin control is vital for any good alt coin.  Now I'm not saying Swing isn't good, it is actually very good, but adding coin control to the wallet as a feature and proper wallet screen resizing would make it even better. These are features that people nowadays expect modern alt coins to have from the get go, especially for POS. 

The total amount of Swing coins in circulation is very low, we're still in the beginning stages of the coin so implementing these new features now is the best time to do it.

Swing is very cheap on Bittrex right now and it's very affordable to own a nice percentage of the total coins in existence.  Grab some more before it goes to the moon.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: