Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:56:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 [319] 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 ... 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 527635 times)
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 02:04:12 PM

New firmware for fan speed....so...........why not just set fan speed at manual ?  whats the difference
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ATCkit

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 02:13:30 PM

Thanks for chiming in David.
I would love to be PRO Bitmain, and have been in the past given my past experiences.
I bought around 30 s5's early last year and had one fail - controller and boards.  I sent them in and had replacements 2 weeks later.
I did send an inquiry email after they had it for a week, and they responded and asked for patience but that it would be soon.
Too me that was acceptable.  These past 3 weeks however have been discouraging.  Without any feedback at all - not so good.

I did finally get through to one of the Mobile phone numbers for support and spoke to a pleasant sounding lady.
I was disconnected 3 times, and kept calling back and getting her again.  I'm not sure if it was bad connections or what. In the few minutes we were connected it was hard to make out everything she was saying.
Her English was quite broken and connection wasn't the best.  I think I'll have my fiance call in as she speaks fluent Mandarin, but don't really want to bother her as she's busy teaching at Penn State.
I did kind of make out that they could not access the bitmaintech support tickets online, so that might be part of the problem.  I told her I also emailed direct to info@bitmaintech.com too.
She told me to email again and they'd respond by tomorrow.  I hope so.

Thanks for the update.

I'm about to spend a lot of money on power upgrades.  I'm not following through with it if I can't trust my supplier.  I just sent another email to info@bitmaintech.com.  I've always been kind and respectful in my emails and taking up for them in the forums.  I cannot continue to do so if this continues. 

Maybe someone will send the replacement blades I'm suppose to receive soon.  I say this because I'm beginning to have second thoughts about upgrading my power now.  If they were in my situation, they would feel the same way.  Wouldn't you?

I most certainly would feel the same way.  In fact I was going to purchase 4 more s7 units and offload my remaining s5 units, but that's not going to happen unless I know the products are being supported.
Ramping up power service and purchasing loads of miners.  I'd want 100% certainty support would be there in case of failure.

On a positive note - I did just receive an update from sherry

hi
Sorry to keep you waiting
Something wrong with our ticket .
We  have received the parcel and i'll push our shipping team to arrange the shipment asap
Infirm you the tracking number once ready

Sherry is good to deal with. I'm wondering if they are flooded with RMAs or the ticket system is not functioning reliably? My gut tells me they could likely integrate the Denver location and the China location into one ticket system. Then, based on your geographic location, they would tell you which location to send your product for repairs or replacement.
ATCkit

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 02:22:37 PM

New firmware for fan speed....so...........why not just set fan speed at manual ?  whats the difference

Indeed. One Bitmain employee answered my question regarding internet outages by saying "set it on manual at 100% to be safe".
Since it's very cold outside here and I have my windows and door open where my farm is situated, I set it on 85%. I will likely go up to 100% in the spring.
GWilkiejr

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 02:26:34 PM

So we have installed a bunch of S7's on our network along with our existing SP35's.  Every time we power on the S7 racks our whole network goes to shit....We have >150 SP35's and just installed >200 S7's.  They are all static IP's on our 10.x.x.x VLAN. We've got layer 3 switches, and Pfsense router that can handle over 8 million simultaneous connections..... I don't understand what the ants could be doing to cause such havoc... Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Day 3 of no sleep trying to figure this out....
AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 02:29:29 PM

Thanks for chiming in David.
I would love to be PRO Bitmain, and have been in the past given my past experiences.
I bought around 30 s5's early last year and had one fail - controller and boards.  I sent them in and had replacements 2 weeks later.
I did send an inquiry email after they had it for a week, and they responded and asked for patience but that it would be soon.
Too me that was acceptable.  These past 3 weeks however have been discouraging.  Without any feedback at all - not so good.

I did finally get through to one of the Mobile phone numbers for support and spoke to a pleasant sounding lady.
I was disconnected 3 times, and kept calling back and getting her again.  I'm not sure if it was bad connections or what. In the few minutes we were connected it was hard to make out everything she was saying.
Her English was quite broken and connection wasn't the best.  I think I'll have my fiance call in as she speaks fluent Mandarin, but don't really want to bother her as she's busy teaching at Penn State.
I did kind of make out that they could not access the bitmaintech support tickets online, so that might be part of the problem.  I told her I also emailed direct to info@bitmaintech.com too.
She told me to email again and they'd respond by tomorrow.  I hope so.

Thanks for the update.

I'm about to spend a lot of money on power upgrades.  I'm not following through with it if I can't trust my supplier.  I just sent another email to info@bitmaintech.com.  I've always been kind and respectful in my emails and taking up for them in the forums.  I cannot continue to do so if this continues. 

Maybe someone will send the replacement blades I'm suppose to receive soon.  I say this because I'm beginning to have second thoughts about upgrading my power now.  If they were in my situation, they would feel the same way.  Wouldn't you?

I most certainly would feel the same way.  In fact I was going to purchase 4 more s7 units and offload my remaining s5 units, but that's not going to happen unless I know the products are being supported.
Ramping up power service and purchasing loads of miners.  I'd want 100% certainty support would be there in case of failure.

On a positive note - I did just receive an update from sherry

hi
Sorry to keep you waiting
Something wrong with our ticket .
We  have received the parcel and i'll push our shipping team to arrange the shipment asap
Infirm you the tracking number once ready

Sherry is good to deal with. I'm wondering if they are flooded with RMAs or the ticket system is not functioning reliably? My gut tells me they could likely integrate the Denver location and the China location into one ticket system. Then, based on your geographic location, they would tell you which location to send your product for repairs or replacement.

Right now I have 4 hashboards and 1 control board sent to Bitmain (Sherry) on 2 different RMAs.  I just shipped out one RMA with the 1 Control Board and 3 Hashboards, but the single Hashboards was shipped out the 23rd of December.  This is one of the boards that was returned to me from a previous RMA and it too did not work.  I am complaining about having a degraded miner.  It is very frustrating waiting on the shipping of these products.

It would be so much easier to have a US Location for RMAs.

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
pj40

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 02:31:48 PM

So having removed my bad hash board, and noticing that one of the heatsinks has detached itself, which explains why the board is fubar'd does bitmain really need me to ship this board back since it's going to cost me close to $100 to ship to china?

Free faucet + lotto!  http://freebitco.in/?r=420364
ATCkit

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 02:33:56 PM

So having removed my bad hash board, and noticing that one of the heatsinks has detached itself, which explains why the board is fubar'd does bitmain really need me to ship this board back since it's going to cost me close to $100 to ship to china?

Yes. Ask Sherry if she can provide you a shipping label.
GWilkiejr

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 02:34:05 PM

So we have installed a bunch of S7's on our network along with our existing SP35's.  Every time we power on the S7 racks our whole network goes to shit....We have >150 SP35's and just installed >200 S7's.  They are all static IP's on our 10.x.x.x VLAN. We've got layer 3 switches, and Pfsense router that can handle over 8 million simultaneous connections..... I don't understand what the ants could be doing to cause such havoc... Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Day 3 of no sleep trying to figure this out....

One other thing - has anyone else seen a large variance in the hashrate from hardware side to pool side?  We don't even have them all running yet and we see about 30% difference in the hash rate.  
ATCkit

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 02:42:51 PM

One other thing - has anyone else seen a large variance in the hashrate from hardware side to pool side?  We don't even have them all running yet and we see about 30% difference in the hash rate.  

On Kano CK Pool, they run well. I notice that I get a bit less on other pools. So, I'm just sticking with Kano. Best luck is on Kano too.
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 03:07:28 PM

It will depend on the pool, point in time comparisons are not always good but average numbers should end up fairly close, specific bugs/compatibility issues in a given pool aside.

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 03:42:01 PM

On Kano CK Pool, they run well. I notice that I get a bit less on other pools. So, I'm just sticking with Kano. Best luck is on Kano too.

Same here. Local S7 hashrate = reported hashrate on Kano. Unless you're solo mining GW, switching to Kano would be a good bet to maximize profits vs pretty much any other pool.
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 03:58:02 PM

So we have installed a bunch of S7's on our network along with our existing SP35's.  Every time we power on the S7 racks our whole network goes to shit....We have >150 SP35's and just installed >200 S7's.  They are all static IP's on our 10.x.x.x VLAN. We've got layer 3 switches, and Pfsense router that can handle over 8 million simultaneous connections..... I don't understand what the ants could be doing to cause such havoc... Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Day 3 of no sleep trying to figure this out....

I see the same thing on Kano, my pool hash rate matches my S7 miner hash rates...
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3868

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 04:06:38 PM

Difficult to know for sure, but default is DHCP for S7. Did you setup correct local time on S7? I am just mentioning, most likely not a cause.
I had similar situation with SP20e and S5 on the same LAN; there were several spontaneous restarts, but eventually they co-existed OK
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3868

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 04:12:53 PM

New firmware for fan speed....so...........why not just set fan speed at manual ?  whats the difference

Indeed. One Bitmain employee answered my question regarding internet outages by saying "set it on manual at 100% to be safe".
Since it's very cold outside here and I have my windows and door open where my farm is situated, I set it on 85%. I will likely go up to 100% in the spring.

Even at 75-80% S7 input fan (B1-5 and B7 for sure) has the ability to speed up to 4400rpm, which is close to maximum, and I saw it happening once when the ambient rose.
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 04:37:10 PM

Maybe it's time to start turning miners on one at a time until you hit one that screws up your net...
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 04:41:47 PM

New firmware for fan speed....so...........why not just set fan speed at manual ?  whats the difference

I have temps of 57-60 with 35% manual fan.  I dont understand...if the internet goes out, how can the antminer over heat if the fan stays at 35% ?  its not like its going to work harder than it already is ?  I feel bitmain's answer to you of 100% to be safe is wrong.  100% on the fans is too much in my opinion.
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 04:47:20 PM

I have temps of 57-60 with 35% manual fan.  I dont understand...if the internet goes out, how can the antminer over heat if the fan stays at 35% ?  its not like its going to work harder than it already is ?  I feel bitmain's answer to you of 100% to be safe is wrong.  100% on the fans is too much in my opinion.

You're right. Setting to 100% is just a generic answer from them since they don't know what your environment looks like. If 35% keeps your machine cool enough while mining, you'll be fine with a loss of internet.
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 05:21:30 PM

I agree my S7 seems to get better hash rate on both Kano's and CK's pools.

Also has anybody heard anything about the Batch 1 computation yet? We were asked weeks ago to put a wallet address on our accounts but I have received or heard nothing since.
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 05:48:07 PM

Also has anybody heard anything about the Batch 1 computation yet? We were asked weeks ago to put a wallet address on our accounts but I have received or heard nothing since.

No, I haven't heard anything.  I too got an email stating the amount of compensation and asking me if my bitcoin address was the same.  I confirmed and said it is the same.  I'm not sure if they need us to request for the compensation to confirm it or not.  I'm giving it until the end of January.  If I hear nothing by the end of January, I'm going to ask them about it.

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 06:39:20 PM

No, I haven't heard anything.  I too got an email stating the amount of compensation and asking me if my bitcoin address was the same.  I confirmed and said it is the same.  I'm not sure if they need us to request for the compensation to confirm it or not.  I'm giving it until the end of January.  If I hear nothing by the end of January, I'm going to ask them about it.

Thanks dmwardjr I will wait then as you are till end of January.
Pages: « 1 ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 [319] 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 ... 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: