Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:12:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 ... 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 527660 times)
djroadking

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 01:30:58 AM

Be sure to check the firmware version on your B9 units when you receive them. Mine actually is using a firmware from December 3rd 2015. The newest firmware is from December 11 2015. Not sure if they added anything or not but I'm updating mine right now.

<a href="http://moonbit.co.in/?ref=c5f9adca1f79">MoonBit - The Bitcoin Faucet When You Decide When To Claim</a>
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 03:58:09 AM

Have my S7 running Smiley Due to the amount of noise it makes I underclocked it's frequency to 400. Getting 3TH at that rate. Whenever I find a better place to keep it running I'll up the frequency a bit. There's no way that I'll be sleeping with it in my room.

Why not run it in the garage at full blast and get free heat while you're at it?  You're losing money at 3TH.  If you're living in a cold weather area, lower the fan to 30% and see if the temp is within ok range.  IT would be more livable.  You can also buy custom 3D printed DUCT where you duct the Intake to take in cold intake air from outside and push out the hot air to the outside as well.  If you do that, you can lower your fan speed which is the only thing that is making those noise.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-pack-bitcoin-antminer-s1-s2-s3-s4-s5-s7-zeus-lightning-fan-air-duct-4-pack-/331763938079?hash=item4d3eabf31f:g:edgAAOSwpRRWn~Hp

I would be careful with that seller on ebay, has only sold one item ever. Only has sold one item in last 12 months and it was stated in feedback that communication was good but shipping was slow after payment.

I used this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SL22FW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
And built my own enclosure for the miner out of cardboard.  Works well enough.

That's very creative.   100 extra points for being resourceful and creativity.

I agree it is a intersting way to get the exhust out.  Are you able to take picture of where they all go to?

I'm curious as far a what you did with other end of duct.

There is a drop ceiling so they just vent above that to the attic.  The building is probably 8 or 10 thousand square feet total so the attic is rather large.
abokhalel2

Activity: 233

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 04:30:59 AM

Guys, I need your help, I have a problem with my Antminer S7

I have a group of Antminers S7 in a remote area. and I check on them every day with TeamViewer. The problem is, some miners just turn off by themselves. and I cannot connect with them at all. I cannot connect using their ip on the web or using the cryptoGlance app. Here is a pic of problem with 102 miner:

The temp seems fine. I'm not sure what is their problem. It is frustrating, The only thing that fix them is to go this remote room and reboot them manually. but they sometimes turn off after couple hours, sometimes they don't. The problem is not related to one miner in particular, I mean sometimes 101 turns off, I reboot it manually, then 102 turns off then 104 then, and so on.

I'm using the bitmain power supply APW3-12-1600-B2. The electricity here is 3-phase 230-380v. and of course I'm using 230v for my miners.

I'm dealing with this issue on a daily basis nowadays. Any idea? Has anyone had this issue here?
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 04:45:17 AM

I have a group of Antminers S7 in a remote area. and I check on them every day with TeamViewer. The problem is, some miners just turn off by themselves. and I cannot connect with them at all. I cannot connect using their ip on the web or using the cryptoGlance app. Here is a pic of problem with 102 miner:

The temp seems fine. I'm not sure what is their problem. It is frustrating, The only thing that fix them is to go this remote room and reboot them manually. but they sometimes turn off after couple hours, sometimes they don't. The problem is not related to one miner in particular, I mean sometimes 101 turns off, I reboot it manually, then 102 turns off then 104 then, and so on.

I'm using the bitmain power supply APW3-12-1600-B2. The electricity here is 3-phase 230-380v. and of course I'm using 230v for my miners.

I'm dealing with this issue on a daily basis nowadays. Any idea? Has anyone had this issue here?

It happens whenever there is an Internet or power outage even for a few seconds, most of my S7s come back online except for a random one or two. Red light blinks and miner become inaccessible. Only way to revive it is by reboot.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
nhando

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 04:52:44 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2016, 03:47:13 PM by nhando

Any recommend what Thermal Glue paste for the S7 Heat sink should they fall out after warranty period and we need to fix it?  

Thinking of using this

http://www.amazon.com/Arctic-Silver-Alumina-Adhesive-AATA-5G/dp/B0087X725S/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1454048850&sr=1-1&keywords=thermal+adhesive

Just "Mining" my own business.
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 10:03:21 AM

Be sure to check the firmware version on your B9 units when you receive them. Mine actually is using a firmware from December 3rd 2015. The newest firmware is from December 11 2015. Not sure if they added anything or not but I'm updating mine right now.

repeated many times, ain't broken don't fix it

B8 was 3rd but upgrade to 11th dec fw, no difference imo.

my "B9" comes with 3rd dec fw too & 1 of it has some brownish marks on the female pcie on 2 of the blades heh. very little dust on it. looks new to most but with careful inspection seems like it's B8.

well at least it works well before & prolly lesser chance of RMA. i'm ok with it as long as it's acceptable.
cryptichermit

Activity: 106

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 02:57:52 PM

Make sure your units are all on latest Firmware - seems to be less of an issue coming up out of internet failure.

Also you can invest in networked PDU.  Then you can powercycle remotely.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 05:39:23 PM

Are they DHCP or static?  You can have accessibility issues like that if you have IP address conflicts.
-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 06:01:27 PM

Any recommend what Thermal Glue paste for the S7 Heat sink should they fall out after warranty period and we need to fix it?  

Thinking of using this

http://www.amazon.com/Arctic-Silver-Alumina-Adhesive-AATA-5G/dp/B0087X725S/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1454048850&sr=1-1&keywords=thermal+adhesive

i just used gorilla glue gel superglue and it works very well.. just remove the old hardened adhesive from the heatsink, and dab a small dot on the center of the chip and make sure you press down firmly
djroadking

Activity: 92

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 08:18:59 PM

Set the frequency at B9's default of 700 and I'm getting 4.8TH on my S7. Will be watching temps though.

<a href="http://moonbit.co.in/?ref=c5f9adca1f79">MoonBit - The Bitcoin Faucet When You Decide When To Claim</a>
baazju

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 08:31:45 PM

Gotta love this note:
Dear customer ,We'll have 15 days off due to the Spring Festival from 29 Jan to 13 Feb.please do not ship defective parts back during this period.
if  your miner have any issues ,please contact us asap ,we'll provide some trouble shooting steps to see whether you  can fixed it yourself.
if you have confirmed the defective parts ,please refer to website:
https://www.bitmaintech.com/workOrderGuide.htm  and send me email with the RMA info first , be sure  to provide me the update info about  the tracking  number after you ship them back after 13 Feb.
Much appreciate for your cooperation .

So yea... 15 days of sitting on defective parts. What a great company lol. This will definitely be my last order from Bitmain, would rather fork over more for an Avalon tbh.

Beware of scammers.
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 10:27:47 PM

Gotta love this note:
Dear customer ,We'll have 15 days off due to the Spring Festival from 29 Jan to 13 Feb.please do not ship defective parts back during this period.
if  your miner have any issues ,please contact us asap ,we'll provide some trouble shooting steps to see whether you  can fixed it yourself.
https://www.bitmaintech.com/workOrderGuide.htm  and send me email with the RMA info first , be sure  to provide me the update info about  the tracking  number after you ship them back after 13 Feb.

So yea... 15 days of sitting on defective parts. What a great company lol. This will definitely be my last order from Bitmain, would rather fork over more for an Avalon tbh.

This would also suggest that if your miner didn't ship today, it will be at least 2 weeks until it does? One more difficulty increase for sure it would seem to me. I wonder if this another of those Chinese holidays where a huge portion of the population travels back home from wherever they work.
AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 11:04:59 PM

Gotta love this note:

This would also suggest that if your miner didn't ship today, it will be at least 2 weeks until it does? One more difficulty increase for sure it would seem to me. I wonder if this another of those Chinese holidays where a huge portion of the population travels back home from wherever they work.

ahhhhh-shooot!  I have 2 miners in maintenance mode right now with no response to the email I sent 2 days ago.  Dang, 2 weeks! Angry

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
baazju

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 12:37:04 AM

Gotta love this note:

More like two more weeks of them mining with everyone's miner. We already know they use the miners before they sell, not a bad scheme to get two more weeks out of all the miners that have been sold since there are no refunds anyways. Shady AF.

Beware of scammers.
abokhalel2

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 12:59:37 AM

It happens whenever there is an Internet or power outage even for a few seconds, most of my S7s come back online except for a random one or two. Red light blinks and miner become inaccessible. Only way to revive it is by reboot.

Thank you for the info. very helpful. Yeah, the internet in my area is not the best. I guess, It could possibly cause this issue. I'm suspecting the PSUs though to be the issue. I remember one of the miners having this issue consistently. It turns off by itself after ten to twenty minutes of tuning the miner on. when I changed the power supply, the miner worked fine without any issues. It was weird. but I'm not sure if that's applicable to the rest of the PSUs. They seem fine I guess.
abokhalel2

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 01:01:44 AM

Make sure your units are all on latest Firmware - seems to be less of an issue coming up out of internet failure.

Also you can invest in networked PDU.  Then you can powercycle remotely.

I didn't update any miners, I will do that. Thanks for the tip. I didn't know that networked PDU exists. They will make my job a lot easier! They seem expensive though.
abokhalel2

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 01:03:09 AM

Are they DHCP or static?  You can have accessibility issues like that if you have IP address conflicts.

All of my miner have static IP
fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 03:02:30 PM

Do all the effected miners have the same hostname?  If they do; make each one unique.
abokhalel2

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 06:11:29 PM

Do all the effected miners have the same hostname?  If they do; make each one unique.

Yes, all of my miners have the same default hostname.

I'll make each one unique. Thanks!! Hopefully this will help sort out the issue.
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 07:49:52 PM

I'd say power supply/power quality from source issue.

Go Big or Go Home.
Pages: « 1 ... 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 ... 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: