Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:57:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 527635 times)
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 07:07:03 PM

I am doing research. That is what this is.

Show me a thread where someone says Supoort is good, tells you how long it took their units to arrive. Explains customs and shipping cost.

Don't be a dick. It's a rule on this forum.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1165628.msg13530166#msg13530166 and there are plenty more.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 07:08:57 PM

Show me a thread where someone says Supoort is good, tells you how long it took their units to arrive. Explains customs and shipping cost.

A lot of people come in here, completely clueless and ask help for a startup and its typically a waste of time. Eventually it is found out that the user in question is way over his head and it gets more pointless and pointless each time, because the same questions are asked and the same answers are given over and over. And it always end with the user in question not having realized that its not feasible in the first place. Which means there are about 100 startup thread with all the information you want.

Imo Bitmain is a pain to deal with, if you are in the US, i recommend the Avalon 6 instead. If you want to deal with RMA with a Chinese company, then sure. But you won't be covered for anything that breaks after about 85 days after you received the miners.

However the S7 is cheap and not as bad as people try to make it look like.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
MasterMG

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 07:13:51 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1165628.msg13530166#msg13530166 and there are plenty more.

All I know is what I have experienced so far. I have an single S7, my first item from Bitmain. It took a very long time to acquire, 8 weeks. After 20 days,  it has a dead board (board 2) I have reached out since Jan 9, and everything I have sent to them has been ignored. I have had no reply at all. With the BTC price being so low right now, it makes me want to pounce on the S7's but I am worried that A) I will never hear from them again and B) support will be an issue.

Makes me want to just cut the hashrates, and go with the safe bet of Avalon units.

With that said though, I do like the interface, the setup was easy, and the PSU was really nice too.. So.. There are pro's and con's for sure. Mostly, if there was a support channel I could trust, this would all be moot.

But I see what you are saying, some people are saying that they are getting great service.. It's just hard to do business with China I guess. Especially in a volume like this. It's a big risk.
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 07:19:30 PM

Well its definately now cheaper then before.

Price:       2.4 BTC
               ( 960 USD )

Will be interesting to see what happens they had it on fixed BTC as it seemed to be rising and was better then fixed USD.  I really would not be surprised if we see a switch back to fixed USD  if it drops much more.

Or I could be wrong and they sell at lower price hoping for more sales.

No really. I am asking. Has anyone got these shipped to the USA From Bitmain China ? How long did it take. What does it cost? I hear their support doesn't exist at all. So. Hopefully they run flawlessly or else. Doomed.

Comments ?

I asked this question a few pages back.. I am thinking about ordering between 90 - 140 units from Bitmain S7 the batch 9, but I am asking. Has anyone ordered from their site before? How long do they take to arrive, how is their support?

Does anyone know? Or are most people here just buying one or two second hand from EBay?

They are the best units on the market.  From order to delivery is usually about 1-2wks unless specified on the site says something else.  They do stand by their products for 90days, but put you through all of the troubleshooting yourself if something goes wrong with a unit.  They email pics and procedures on how to test and evaluate the problem unit.  If you cannot resolve the issue, they have you mail the hashboards or control board back to them without the metal housing.  You have to pay the shipping.  The turnaround from problem to getting the repaired parts back to you is about 3-4weeks.  Hope this helps.

Thank you for your note. More questions for you.

Did you order units from them ?

How much was shipping ?

Are you in the USA or North America? Was shipping difficult ie. Brokerage or customs etc?

How many units did you order from them ? I find it really hard to believe they arrived in two weeks. But if that's true. That is amazing

I find it hard someone that is willing to drop $100K does not do simple research into what he is buying. All the answers you want are either here in this thread or on Bitmains website.

LoL it's all right here ...let me help you ...just read it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1165628.0
MasterMG

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 07:19:52 PM

A lot of people come in here, completely clueless and ask help for a startup and its typically a waste of time. Eventually it is found out that the user in question is way over his head and it gets more pointless and pointless each time, because the same questions are asked and the same answers are given over and over. And it always end with the user in question not having realized that its not feasible in the first place. Which means there are about 100 startup thread with all the information you want.

Imo Bitmain is a pain to deal with, if you are in the US, i recommend the Avalon 6 instead. If you want to deal with RMA with a Chinese company, then sure. But you won't be covered for anything that breaks after about 85 days after you received the miners.

However the S7 is cheap and not as bad as people try to make it look like.

Thanks, bingo. That is what I am trying to ascertain. At the end of the day the difference is 100,000 Gh/s.. Which, really in the big picture isn't a lot. Especially if you order 100 units, and only 89 or so of them work.  Then you get no support, or are waiting for a while and they are offline.. I would rather have 100 units that are working with support from Avalon, then a big 'maybe' from Bitmain...

Just wrestling with what to do.. Thanks though. I'll keep reading....

I know that this isn't the right place, but what do you think about the drop in bitcoin overnight?, Do people think it has to do with the Mike Hearn post & leaving in a loud way?
https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=bitcoin%20dev%20leaves

hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 07:21:47 PM

All I know is what I have experienced so far. I have an single S7, my first item from Bitmain. It took a very long time to acquire, 8 weeks. After 20 days,  it has a dead board (board 2) I have reached out since Jan 9, and everything I have sent to them has been ignored. I have had no reply at all. With the BTC price being so low right now, it makes me want to pounce on the S7's but I am worried that A) I will never hear from them again and B) support will be an issue.

Makes me want to just cut the hashrates, and go with the safe bet of Avalon units.

With that said though, I do like the interface, the setup was easy, and the PSU was really nice too.. So.. There are pro's and con's for sure. Mostly, if there was a support channel I could trust, this would all be moot.

But I see what you are saying, some people are saying that they are getting great service.. It's just hard to do business with China I guess. Especially in a volume like this. It's a big risk.

If you haven't already, send an email to info@bitmaintech.com (the email address on the flier), write order number on the subject line. Did you order a B8 or B9, except for B1 later batches were shipped on time and even earlier, so I don't know why it took 20 days for you to receive your miner. My personal experience, Bitmain has replaced my B1 boards twice already (2 boards the first time and a fan, and 1 board second time). I like the S7s better than other available miners on the market, cheaper and more hash.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
MasterMG

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 07:26:40 PM

LoL it's all right here ...let me help you ...just read it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1165628.0

Ugh, you are totally missing the point.  -- I am looking for first hand experience, someone who has worked with bitmain, more than just a single unit. Just asking questions.  If you have experience with these units, ordering, and live in NA, maybe PM me or something. I can ask you directly. Otherwise, just stop being a dick. I obviously have read this thread extensively, so you linking me to the root page is like me sending you a link for something you already know, like this:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define%3A+you%27re+being+a+dick

MasterMG

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 07:42:44 PM

If you haven't already, send an email to info@bitmaintech.com (the email address on the flier), write order number on the subject line. Did you order a B8 or B9, except for B1 later batches were shipped on time and even earlier, so I don't know why it took 20 days for you to receive your miner. My personal experience, Bitmain has replaced my B1 boards twice already (2 boards the first time and a fan, and 1 board second time). I like the S7s better than other available miners on the market, cheaper and more hash.
[/quote]

Thanks hawkfish007, I did try that address, but I will try again. I didn't try their skypes, I will also try their skype's when they are open Monday / time zone.

Skype sales: bitmain_sale1 bitmain_sale2
Skype Service: bitmain_customerservice

I have not tried this yet either.

aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 07:44:31 PM

Ugh, you are totally missing the point.  -- I am looking for first hand experience, someone who has worked with bitmain, more than just a single unit. Just asking questions.  If you have experience with these units, ordering, and live in NA, maybe PM me or something. I can ask you directly. Otherwise, just stop being a dick. I obviously have read this thread extensively, so you linking me to the root page is like me sending you a link for something you already know, like this:

No it not obvious to me at all.

I have read all 12 of your post in the forums.  If you had indeed read thru this thread you would have seen ( and not to many pages back) where someone had ordered multiple miners shipped to the U.S. and his troubles he ran into. Dont you think you would learn more from skimming thru the pages and following all the good and bad we have been thru in ordering the S7 from Bitmain. You would have a better understanding knowing it like that. I say bullshit your going to drop $100k for miners. Good luck in your astounding research.
AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 07:55:55 PM

Well its definately now cheaper then before.

Price:       2.4 BTC
               ( 960 USD )

Will be interesting to see what happens they had it on fixed BTC as it seemed to be rising and was better then fixed USD.  I really would not be surprised if we see a switch back to fixed USD  if it drops much more.

Or I could be wrong and they sell at lower price hoping for more sales.

No really. I am asking. Has anyone got these shipped to the USA From Bitmain China ? How long did it take. What does it cost? I hear their support doesn't exist at all. So. Hopefully they run flawlessly or else. Doomed.

Comments ?

I asked this question a few pages back.. I am thinking about ordering between 90 - 140 units from Bitmain S7 the batch 9, but I am asking. Has anyone ordered from their site before? How long do they take to arrive, how is their support?

Does anyone know? Or are most people here just buying one or two second hand from EBay?

They are the best units on the market.  From order to delivery is usually about 1-2wks unless specified on the site says something else.  They do stand by their products for 90days, but put you through all of the troubleshooting yourself if something goes wrong with a unit.  They email pics and procedures on how to test and evaluate the problem unit.  If you cannot resolve the issue, they have you mail the hashboards or control board back to them without the metal housing.  You have to pay the shipping.  The turnaround from problem to getting the repaired parts back to you is about 3-4weeks.  Hope this helps.

Thank you for your note. More questions for you.

Did you order units from them ?     Yes, I have bought S5s from ebay/Craiglist, but not S7s.  I only buy S7s from Bitmain.

How much was shipping ? I am in the USA so, shipping is about $60/unit and I always use UPS.  Put this code:  [HST CODE: 8471.41.0150]  in the mailing address and notes so that you do not pay additional charges for inspections.

Are you in the USA or North America? Was shipping difficult ie. Brokerage or customs etc?  USA, they are signature required.

How many units did you order from them ? I find it really hard to believe they arrived in two weeks. But if that's true. That is amazing   I have ordered about 30 from them.  Exception to the Rule:  I ordered a B8 on Tuesday and it was delivered on the next Monday.  Let me know if you have more questions.  You can also PM me.

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
cryptichermit

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 07:59:22 PM

By looking at back at the past 10 pages or so, you'd see that yes Bitmain had some support issues ongoing.
For example, they had a couple batch 5 hashboards from me in possession for nearly a month without response.
I also had no response from them in regards to some batch 8 issues.

Did Bitmain come through and respond? - YES and they also sent working replacements to me.
Did Bitmain respond to my batch 8 issues? - YES they have. (and in a timely manner in regards to most recent inquiry) less than 48 hours.
Did Bitmain compensate late batch 1 users as they had promised? - YES they have, a couple months late - but never-the-less the followed through.

What does this tell me?
It tells me, that Bitmain does still care about their end-user business model and that they are working to improve customer level support.
Hopefully that continues.

If emails aren't working for you, try calling them.
left-ca

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 07:59:59 PM

Am I able to overclock my S7 B4. Ive been running it on stock frequency on a 120v plug with a EVGA 120-G2-1300-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 1300 W PSU. I just want to tweak it up a little bit. Is it smart to try this or no since i dont have access to 240v
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 09:56:23 PM

Am I able to overclock my S7 B4. Ive been running it on stock frequency on a 120v plug with a EVGA 120-G2-1300-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 1300 W PSU. I just want to tweak it up a little bit. Is it smart to try this or no since i dont have access to 240v

I wouldn't think you have much "headroom" to overclock, though I don't own an S7 of any vintage. Have your tried to find out what your actual power draw is today (e.g. using a Kill-a-Watt)?  Any sense of how hard your PSU is running now (e.g. fan speed and exhaust temp)?  Are all your cables to the S7 cool and connectors at both ends of those 12V cables cool as well? Is your S7 running cool as it stands today?

Personally I don't try and push my gear, but that's a personal choice not shared by all.
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 09:58:48 PM

Yes you can. Try running 593 or 600. If hashrate increases as expected, keep pushing. Plenty of room left in that 1300w EVGA.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 12:39:33 AM

I just noticed they added the IO board for sale by itself on the website.  Only 3 connectors though  Undecided
OgNasty
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 4732
Merit: 4239

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 12:41:47 AM

Has anyone gotten a batch 9 shipping confirmation yet?

Do people think Bitmain will go back to a fixed USD price if BTC keeps dropping?  Guesses as to what the fixed price would be?

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 01:46:27 AM

Has anyone gotten a batch 9 shipping confirmation yet?

Do people think Bitmain will go back to a fixed USD price if BTC keeps dropping?  Guesses as to what the fixed price would be?

A number of early batch 9 orders were shipped, those that came in before they dropped the price.. Confirmed by my rep at Bitmain

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:10:02 AM

Ugh, you are totally missing the point.  -- I am looking for first hand experience, someone who has worked with bitmain, more than just a single unit. Just asking questions.  If you have experience with these units, ordering, and live in NA, maybe PM me or something. I can ask you directly. Otherwise, just stop being a dick. I obviously have read this thread extensively, so you linking me to the root page is like me sending you a link for something you already know, like this:

No it not obvious to me at all.

I have read all 12 of your post in the forums.  If you had indeed read thru this thread you would have seen ( and not to many pages back) where someone had ordered multiple miners shipped to the U.S. and his troubles he ran into. Dont you think you would learn more from skimming thru the pages and following all the good and bad we have been thru in ordering the S7 from Bitmain. You would have a better understanding knowing it like that. I say bullshit your going to drop $100k for miners. Good luck in your astounding research.

aurel is right on almost all people.  You would be surprised how many come acting like they have big money to drop, and have lots of questions.  In the end most do not invest.

Just to go from no miners to 100kish of miners is not reasonable for almost all.  You need a data center or large operation just to host it.   And considering price of BTC in past 24 hours you would shock almost all if you go through with a sale of this scale.  It's nothing against you it's just tons of people have done this and asked questions about "what if" and say a far larger amount then they actually invest if any.
marvykkio

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 03:49:59 AM

the price is falling again,
last week I ordered 1 x S7 batch 9, for $ 1,076,
it now costs $ 889,
my batch 9 has not yet been sent Embarrassed Embarrassed
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:02:57 AM

Well it looks like I received my Batch 1 compensation about 1 hour ago from Bitmain. Thank you

Wooohooo! I got mine toooooo!

Same here...Bitmain came through on their promise.
What did u guys get? Me and a few ppl haven't gotten anything.

You just received 0.44546739 BTC (worth $181.88 USD) from an external bitcoin account. (I had 4 S7s)
Pages: « 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: