Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:03:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 ... 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 527635 times)
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 06:57:54 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2016, 07:26:00 PM by not.you

UPS wants to charge me a fee for import duties.  This may well be the last miner I buy from bitmain since they obviously can't get their shit together with the paperwork.

Was it over $2500 total purchase or below.  Fedex seems like the bether route.

Just one miner.  It must have been around $1130ish at time of purchase.  So looks like the duty comes out to around 3.15%.  I have never had to pay a duty on miners before.  I saw that conversation about HST codes but I had already made the order by the time people were talking about it in the thread and I was unable to go back and change anything to add it to my order.

Call the number on the invoice and tell them what it is, UPS will refund, at least they refunded mine.

Well after calling UPS many times, waiting for a call back and not getting it, then calling again, then calling different departments, I was told the charge was being removed.  The miner hasn't arrived yet, supposed to arrive today so we'll see if the driver gets the info that there isn't supposed to be a charge.  The lady I talked to asked me what a bitcoin miner is and then she put me on hold and when she came back she said she "added an entry in the system for bitcoin miner that has no duty fees".  Now I don't know if that is specific to my delivery or if that means a UPS-wide thing so that this doesn't happen with packages labelled "bitcoin miner".  It sure seems like when you call them, you get told entirely different things depending on who you talk to.

I should also apologize to bitmain for my original post too.  This does not appear to be their problem after all, it's a UPS problem so apologies to bitmain on that count.

Most likely was specific to your delivery.  I doubt they did a blanket rule for everyone.   If you are in US and get a decent sized charge call the carrier, as you really should not have that much extra cost over shipping if any.

It is normally a mixup and can be fixed by calling when it does happen.   Some other countries are stuck with vat/import taxes so this calling will not work for everyone.

So of course the driver arrived and required me to pay in order to leave the package.  So now I have to see if I can get a refund.  I guess it's fedex from now on.

EDIT: Also my batch 9 IO board only has connectors for the 3 blades.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gornidah

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 07:39:15 PM

After setting up proper monitoring (screw you, Minera!) we found out our HW error rates are way low, in the order of 0.0018%. So thrilled seeing such low numbers.

As for the temps, our cooling setup isn't entirely completed yet. What is the temps you usually "accept" your blades to run at? I was seeing 63c on some miners, is that within reasonnable range? It's safe up to what temps?

Thanks for the help!

louiseth1, what are you using now to monitor your miners?
You are using Nagios only to check temperature, right?
Thanks.

No, I am using Nagios with a set of custom plugins I have made pulling the cgminer-api of the S7's. I also graph all of that in PNP4nagios, graphs which then get included in our in-house "farm management" system.

See an example below:

Ahhh! Need to check that out, thanks for the info!
OregonMines.com

Activity: 110

OregonMines Official Account

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2016, 07:47:20 PM

UPS wants to charge me a fee for import duties.  This may well be the last miner I buy from bitmain since they obviously can't get their shit together with the paperwork.

Just one miner.  It must have been around $1130ish at time of purchase.  So looks like the duty comes out to around 3.15%.  I have never had to pay a duty on miners before.  I saw that conversation about HST codes but I had already made the order by the time people were talking about it in the thread and I was unable to go back and change anything to add it to my order.

Call the number on the invoice and tell them what it is, UPS will refund, at least they refunded mine.

Well after calling UPS many times, waiting for a call back and not getting it, then calling again, then calling different departments, I was told the charge was being removed.  The miner hasn't arrived yet, supposed to arrive today so we'll see if the driver gets the info that there isn't supposed to be a charge.  The lady I talked to asked me what a bitcoin miner is and then she put me on hold and when she came back she said she "added an entry in the system for bitcoin miner that has no duty fees".  Now I don't know if that is specific to my delivery or if that means a UPS-wide thing so that this doesn't happen with packages labelled "bitcoin miner".  It sure seems like when you call them, you get told entirely different things depending on who you talk to.

I should also apologize to bitmain for my original post too.  This does not appear to be their problem after all, it's a UPS problem so apologies to bitmain on that count.

Most likely was specific to your delivery.  I doubt they did a blanket rule for everyone.   If you are in US and get a decent sized charge call the carrier, as you really should not have that much extra cost over shipping if any.

It is normally a mixup and can be fixed by calling when it does happen.   Some other countries are stuck with vat/import taxes so this calling will not work for everyone.

So of course the driver arrived and required me to pay in order to leave the package.  So now I have to see if I can get a refund.  I guess it's fedex from now on.

UPS, DHL and FedEx all have the right to charge customs brokerage fees and processing fees while importing items, while the miner may be duty/tax free they are still permitted to charge these fees as services rendered. They usually don't charge these for smaller orders, and sometimes it's just a wrong HTS code.

OregonMines - Co-located Hosting of Bitcoin and GPU miners. https://www.oregonmines.com - S9 @ $100 / mo, L3+ @ $70 / mo , 4U GPU units start @ $100 / mo in co-location fees. No setup fees. Limited space available today!
Pissenlit

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 08:14:09 PM

My first B9 order have been shipped 20th. Arrived today 25th after 3 business days. DHL Is really fast. I had to pay 246$CAD for one S7. Not bad for a Canadian shipment. I'm waiting my 2nd order, with UPS this time. I'll see if the customs are cheaper. UPS cost more than DHL on the Bitmain website for Canada shipments.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 09:05:24 PM

UPS, DHL and FedEx all have the right to charge customs brokerage fees and processing fees while importing items, while the miner may be duty/tax free they are still permitted to charge these fees as services rendered. They usually don't charge these for smaller orders, and sometimes it's just a wrong HTS code.

Hopefully you got the name on who you talked to.  When possible try to get name and extension.   Did you have the info of person you talked to show driver?  Or did driver not care and said to fight it later?

I am curious to see what latest B9's will be if they are close to Feb 5th or if sooner.   Guess we won't know for a bit.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 11:00:29 PM

Hopefully you got the name on who you talked to.  When possible try to get name and extension.   Did you have the info of person you talked to show driver?  Or did driver not care and said to fight it later?

I got a whole list of names and numbers now.  The last I heard was from brokerage accounting and they said that yes the fee was zeroed but the person didn't do the followup they were supposed to do in order for the delivery center to get that information which is the only place that matters for the driver.  If the delivery center (which is local) says get the money then he has to.  But the brokerage accounting person said that an invoice will be generated and it will show $0 and they will use my check to pay it which will create an overage which will result in an automatic refund.  So I said great, at what point do I call someone when I don't receive a check and who do I call?  So I have a number for that eventuality.
PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 11:04:19 PM

I'm in the US, where would be the best place to buy an S7 with a credit card?

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
wikkidtt

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2016, 11:12:09 PM

Amazon!
djroadking

Activity: 92

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 11:14:56 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2016, 11:26:13 PM by djroadking

On Amazon you can find them but they're still cheaper to get through Bitmain directly. Update on my whole issue with UPS... Finally got a call and I'll be able to pick up my S7 tomorrow afternoon. To anyone that has a B8/B9 already what settings would you recommend for downclocking the miner?

<a href="http://moonbit.co.in/?ref=c5f9adca1f79">MoonBit - The Bitcoin Faucet When You Decide When To Claim</a>
baazju

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 12:18:07 AM

Amazon.

In other news, got my batch 9 S7s in today. Three of them have issues with board 2. Sometimes it shows up, sometimes it doesn't. Sigh.

Anyways, I was playing with one of them and installed some of these fans http://amzn.to/1OTMULB and surprisingly it stays around 60 degrees. This is a pretty substantial noise difference. I guess you could just change the stock fan setting to 30-50% and make it quieter. But honestly Noctua makes a damn good fan.

I wanted to keep this S7 at my house instead of the data center. I have it outside in a small shed with an ambient temp of around 70 degrees. I'm impressed. I did under clock to 675 just to give me some buffer. The hottest it got today was 63, and has since dropped back into the 50s now that it is 5pm.

Beware of scammers.
wikkidtt

Activity: 201

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 12:34:38 AM

Amazon.

In other news, got my batch 9 S7s in today. Three of them have issues with board 2. Sometimes it shows up, sometimes it doesn't. Sigh.

Anyways, I was playing with one of them and installed some of these fans http://amzn.to/1OTMULB and surprisingly it stays around 60 degrees. This is a pretty substantial noise difference. I guess you could just change the stock fan setting to 30-50% and make it quieter. But honestly Noctua makes a damn good fan.

I wanted to keep this S7 at my house instead of the data center. I have it outside in a small shed with an ambient temp of around 70 degrees. I'm impressed. I did under clock to 675 just to give me some buffer. The hottest it got today was 63, and has since dropped back into the 50s now that it is 5pm.

I assume you powered boards 1&2 first than board three and the controller?
baazju

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 12:47:51 AM

Amazon.

Per Bitmain's recommendations I always do the hash boards first, then the control board.

Beware of scammers.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 12:50:03 AM

Amazon.

It might sound stupid  but I believe with tougher warranty nowday's if you unscrew and change fan's it voids warranty.  - https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201511170341298180m44675v0613

3. In some cases, the warranty will be void, but Bitmain can still do repairs at your own expense if requested. The following events will void the warranty:
     a. Customer removes/replaces any components by himself without receiving permission from Bitmain first;

I know it sounds crazy but even a fan mod without permission is now something that can void warranty.
baazju

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 01:24:21 AM

Amazon.

It might sound stupid  but I believe with tougher warranty nowday's if you unscrew and change fan's it voids warranty.  - https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201511170341298180m44675v0613

3. In some cases, the warranty will be void, but Bitmain can still do repairs at your own expense if requested. The following events will void the warranty:
     a. Customer removes/replaces any components by himself without receiving permission from Bitmain first;

I know it sounds crazy but even a fan mod without permission is now something that can void warranty.

Oh I definitely know. I resell on Amazon and various other avenues and have had my fair share of warranty and returns. I kept one of these batch 9 for myself to play around with at home and do some mods. This one will definitely have the warranty void. Although I doubt they would be able to tell for something as simple as a fan swap. The plans I have later will definitely void things though, but oh well.

Beware of scammers.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 01:41:32 AM

Amazon.

Oh I definitely know. I resell on Amazon and various other avenues and have had my fair share of warranty and returns. I kept one of these batch 9 for myself to play around with at home and do some mods. This one will definitely have the warranty void. Although I doubt they would be able to tell for something as simple as a fan swap. The plans I have later will definitely void things though, but oh well.

Yea I'm not sure if they can tell or not.   After shipment i took off one fan once to check if all heatsinks were in place, I'm not sure how you can tell without doing it but I know that is against warranty. 

I did see some small sticker edge inside so I'm not sure what they can tell.  I have always been honest with them but have been my last rma with bitmain was a S3 board.... so been a while.
nhando

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 01:56:53 AM

Amazon.

Baazju,

If you keep it in the shed, it's best to keep the OEM FANs as the temperature spike will be high in the Spring / Summer months.  Noise can be insulated for the shed and it won't be too noisy.  The 2000RPM Noctua won't be sufficient to cool the S7 in the summer months.  The 3000RPM Noctua is not as quiet.  I've done heat stress test for my S7 and you can replicate this by dropping the RPM on the OEM fans via manual speed settings.  But even then it's not a apples to apples comparison as the OEM fans move much higher CFM but it can give you an idea.  The temperature will spike greatly.  If you can maintain your ambient temperature in the 70s year round, then no issues.  If not it will be a problem, unless you vent out all the heat with something similar to this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-pack-bitcoin-antminer-s1-s2-s3-s4-s5-s7-zeus-lightning-fan-air-duct-6-pack-/331762750332?hash=item4d3e99d37c:g:edgAAOSwpRRWn~Hp

I'm planning to host many S7 in my shed and garage so I'm doing a lot of different configuration testing.  I will be testing that 3D printed custom ducts by the end of this week when they arrive.  I know the guy who makes them.  He's also making me a custom Bitcoin custom FAN grill for not just the WOW factor but also to see if it will fix the FAN speed imbalance issue that causes this S7 to make a very loud annoying screetching sound.  I will be covering both in my thread below this weekend.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1289689.0

Just "Mining" my own business.
baazju

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 02:01:55 AM

Amazon.

Baazju,

If you keep it in the shed, it's best to keep the OEM FANs as the temperature spike will be high in the Spring / Summer months.  Noise can be insulated for the shed and it won't be too noisy.  The 2000RPM Noctua won't be sufficient to cool the S7 in the summer months.  The 3000RPM Noctua is not as quiet.  I've done heat stress test for my S7 and you can replicate this by dropping the RPM on the OEM fans via manual speed settings.  The temperature will spike greatly.  If you can maintain your ambient temperature in the 70s year round, then no issues.  If not it will be a problem, unless you vent out all the heat with something similar to this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-pack-bitcoin-antminer-s1-s2-s3-s4-s5-s7-zeus-lightning-fan-air-duct-6-pack-/331762750332?hash=item4d3e99d37c:g:edgAAOSwpRRWn~Hp

I'm planning to host many S7 in my shed and garage so I'm doing a lot of different configuration testing.  I will be testing that 3D printed custom ducts by the end of this week when they arrive.  I know the guy who makes them.  He's also making me a custom Bitcoin custom FAN grill for not just the WOW factor but also to see if it will fix the FAN speed imbalance issue that causes this S7 to make a very loud annoying screetching sound.  I will be covering both in my thread below this weekend.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1289689.0

Thanks for the heads up. I won't be running any miners at my home over the spring/summer. Once ambient temps reach the 80s I'll bring it in to the data center. I'm just keeping it at home for now so I have something to mess around with at night.

EDIT: Just realized I posted the wrong link, I am using the 3000rpm ones. They are quiet relative to the stock ones, but honestly it is better to just lower the fan speed on the stock ones than buy $40+ worth of fans.

Beware of scammers.
nhando

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 02:12:08 AM

That is correct.  I just change the OEM FAN speed on 2 of My S7 to give you an idea.  The Stock OEM fans moves more CFM then those Noctua so 3000RPM for the OEM is more than 3000 RPM for the Noctua.  My garage is currently 73 degrees right now.  You can see a 12 degree C Temp swing from going from 4K RPM down to 3K RPM.  This is at the lower 675M freq.  At the 700M Freq it will be in the low 70C.  When the temperature swings in the 80s, you will have issues.  So I don't recommend changing to weaker fans for the S7, maybe for the S5 but definitely only for controlled AC environments.   The small batch I'm showing are all Batch 9s.

P.S I've tested them via OEM FANs into the 90 degrees.  They did well as long as you don't overclock them further than 700M.

Just "Mining" my own business.
AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 02:23:50 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2016, 02:50:00 PM by AriesIV10

It is a little bit more difficult today:

Block number               395147
Block Difficulty   120033340651

~6% increase

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
charles2k

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 04:39:42 PM

My friend ordered 1 unit 19.1. and shipped 21.1. (DHL)
My order 7x S7+PSUs was also 19.1. but unshipped yet (UPS)
So for my order from 19.1. still no shipping info.
I really do not understand, why Bitmain some orders (which were placed at the same time) shipped almost immediatelly and some not (and all batch 9, paid via BTC)
Pages: « 1 ... 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 ... 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: