Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:56:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GekkoScience Compac BM1384 Stickminer Official Support Thread  (Read 267691 times)
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 10:53:51 PM

or temporarily stop the one that's giving the HW errors - it'll be the one that also stops blinking? Smiley

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 11:32:16 PM

First time I had a problem.  Was not the compacs fault though.  It appears my RPI lost power and rebooted.

Is there any kinda scrypt to use to automatically start once it's started to GUI on RPI?  That would fix the power issue I had.  Which again is my power not the USB's fault.
kipper01

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

1KippERXwH1PdBxKNt1ksgqh89WBv6CtWQ

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 12:40:32 AM

Anyone familiar with Minera?  I have 1 stick throwing multiple hardware errors and would like to single that particular stick out.  All Minera shows is Compaq0 to Compaq8

Unplug them stick by stick until the one with HW errors is the one you unplugged.

I figured that much.

Thanks

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 04:35:27 PM

Can I run this and a "New rbox" at the same time?
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1849

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 04:46:28 PM

The only conflict I know if is with Icarus. If the New R-box support not built with Icarus (which seems likely) you should be able to compile a cgminer-gekko with support for both. I can't confirm that without testing, but probably.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
spazzdla
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 04:55:11 PM

The only conflict I know if is with Icarus. If the New R-box support not built with Icarus (which seems likely) you should be able to compile a cgminer-gekko with support for both. I can't confirm that without testing, but probably.

Sweet thanks!!

Do I need to change somehting for it to attempt use both for mining, or just shutdown CG and turn it back on?

Got a youtube video by chance on setting this little guy up?  I'm hoping to give it to my bro as a present but if he doesn't want it I'm gonna run it along side my "New" Rbox.

Any chance you're going to design something like the "new" Rbox with bitmains new chip?  They should partner with you for that.. ne ways lol.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1849

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:05:32 PM

No, I don't have YouTube anything since they started requiring attachment to a Google account to login - my YouTube account predated the buyout by a couple years.

This thread is basically the official source for information on setup. The first post has info on compiling cgminer to run a Compac; checking cgminer's readme file should give you the rest of what you need to know to enable Rockminer support. BFGMiner probably already has both miners in it by default.

The closest thing to the new product you're asking for which is in the works is a new idea we're working on, as described in this thread. We're still working on getting new-gen chips to play with so I don't have any designs based around them yet.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
spazzdla
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:26:49 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2015, 05:39:22 PM by spazzdla

No, I don't have YouTube anything since they started requiring attachment to a Google account to login - my YouTube account predated the buyout by a couple years.

This thread is basically the official source for information on setup. The first post has info on compiling cgminer to run a Compac; checking cgminer's readme file should give you the rest of what you need to know to enable Rockminer support. BFGMiner probably already has both miners in it by default.

The closest thing to the new product you're asking for which is in the works is a new idea we're working on, as described in this thread. We're still working on getting new-gen chips to play with so I don't have any designs based around them yet.

Ahh sweet, thanks for the help man!!

just got to thinking the Hz of these guys will be different... is CGminer going to run them both at the same Hz?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:44:56 PM

I'm running a RPI.  I have the review stick, and black prototype one running on regular CGminer with Iccarus.  And 3 production models running on cgminer-gekko with compac support.

It works fine mixing these two with it just have to have two installs.  And then I select devices that should go with each cgminer instance.  Works out pretty well.  I have not ran them in one instance yet though.
spazzdla
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 07:00:41 PM

I'm running a RPI.  I have the review stick, and black prototype one running on regular CGminer with Iccarus.  And 3 production models running on cgminer-gekko with compac support.

It works fine mixing these two with it just have to have two installs.  And then I select devices that should go with each cgminer instance.  Works out pretty well.  I have not ran them in one instance yet though.

So you have two mining programs runnig kind of idea?  OOH I do like this idea.. So I could mine BTC and something else with two miners connected to one computer?
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 07:12:54 PM

So you have two mining programs runnig kind of idea?  OOH I do like this idea.. So I could mine BTC and something else with two miners connected to one computer?

I have 3 instances of cgminer running, each controlling different usb miners.  This allows me to reset just one miner (typically my U3) without affecting my gekko sticks or my nanofury sticks.  There's posts in this thread, I believe, that help you how to do it.  I use the --usb command to specify a certain number of devices for each cgminer instance, but there are other ways of doing it as well.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 09:44:06 PM

Yes Smiley works great.  You do have to do the install more then once you cannot use the one install for both instances.  So I have 2 install's one is regular cgminer other is the gekko cgminer.

Now look at selecting only devices for each one (easy to do by plugging in first ones and find device numbers, then start it and rest plugged in after are for next instance).

If you need more detailed instructions let me know and I will be happy to. I'm running it on RPI.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 09:23:01 PM

Anyone familiar with Minera?  I have 1 stick throwing multiple hardware errors and would like to single that particular stick out.  All Minera shows is Compaq0 to Compaq8

I'm using it with one stick but all you have to do in minera is set once the speed with either BFG 5.3 or CGMINER by novak you may need to compile and put in your own copy's, if you know how to do it with one software miner it's the same way with the other one with the custom folder or replace the default miners all to gather in minera. if you need a walk thu let me know .

In minera you should  be able to plug all you have in at once then it's list them all with BFG or CG. no need to run it with two or three mineras, unless you run separate controllers.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 11:24:04 PM

Anyone familiar with Minera?  I have 1 stick throwing multiple hardware errors and would like to single that particular stick out.  All Minera shows is Compaq0 to Compaq8

I'm using it with one stick but all you have to do in minera is set once the speed with either BFG 5.3 or CGMINER by novak you may need to compile and put in your own copy's, if you know how to do it with one software miner it's the same way with the other one with the custom folder or replace the default miners all to gather in minera. if you need a walk thu let me know .

In minera you should  be able to plug all you have in at once then it's list them all with BFG or CG. no need to run it with two or three mineras, unless you run separate controllers.

In the compac thread there is also a pre-compiled Minera version to work with compacs.   It is a image to burn to SD card, I have not tried it.

I kinda like having my RPI on raspbian and being able to control everything there very easy.  I can also use multiple different items through it easily by running multiple CGMiner instances.
Ecnad

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 02:42:49 AM

In the compac thread there is also a pre-compiled Minera version to work with compacs.   It is a image to burn to SD card, I have not tried it.

I kinda like having my RPI on raspbian and being able to control everything there very easy.  I can also use multiple different items through it easily by running multiple CGMiner instances.

I'm using it to run 3 Compac's. Set-up was easy and I can manage minera from my PC. Highly reccomend edonkey's minera
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 02:49:21 AM

I'm using it to run 3 Compac's. Set-up was easy and I can manage minera from my PC. Highly reccomend edonkey's minera

And I should clarify I meant nothing bad about his image. I think it is awesome he did it, and great for the community he saved many people time.

I use the raspbian OS as I have 2 types of miners running.  It allows me to control them, and I don't mind controlling by terminal.   But for most the GUI with minera Edonkey did chances are will be like by more people then what I'm doing.
Jake36

Activity: 331

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 03:49:10 AM

And I should clarify I meant nothing bad about his image. I think it is awesome he did it, and great for the community he saved many people time.

I use the raspbian OS as I have 2 types of miners running.  It allows me to control them, and I don't mind controlling by terminal.   But for most the GUI with minera Edonkey did chances are will be like by more people then what I'm doing.

I tried the minera Edonkey made and it works good, but I still prefer the raspbian/cgminer.

Right now, I'm trying out 2015-04-06-ubuntu-trusty on a Pi 2. Going to let it run for 24 hrs and see how it runs the compac's. but just playing around with getting it setup and everything, it seems a little bit faster (it doesn't have the desktop or all the other unneeded things), so will see.
Jake36

Activity: 331

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 01:18:05 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2015, 02:34:29 PM by Jake36

First time I had a problem.  Was not the compacs fault though.  It appears my RPI lost power and rebooted.

Is there any kinda scrypt to use to automatically start once it's started to GUI on RPI?  That would fix the power issue I had.  Which again is my power not the USB's fault.

Just seen this.

You need to install "screen" (to be able to see the cgminer display window, either in terminal on the Pi or in putty from another computer).

Then just add lines into the "/etc/rc.local" file, just above the "exit 0" line,

"sleep 10s" (just gives the pi time to get everything up and running, can be longer/shorter)
"cd /home/"your-user/cgminer" (or what ever you called the 1 for pre-production ones)
"screen -dmS cgminer sudo ./cgminer -o (and the rest, just as if you were starting it the command line)"
"sleep 10s" (again just to give time for the above to start)
"cd home/"your-user"/cgminer-gekko" (or what ever for production ones)
screen -dmS cgminer sudo ./cgminer -o (and the rest)", then save, reboot and see if it works.

If it works, in a terminal "sudo screen -x cgminer", it should give you a message that has 2 "#'s.cgminer" listed, once you get the #'s, do the "sudo screen -r #'s.cgminer" to bring up 1 of the cgminer's, open a second terminal use the other #'s.cgminer for the second cgminer.

That should start the Pi mining as soon as it boots/reboots for any reason and use "screen" to see the cgminer's.

EDIT: Forgot the production sticks work with the regular cgminer, so you should put the cgminer-gekko to start first so it finds the production sticks (don't know if you need to use the --usb :#of production sticks in the -o pool line) or not) and then start the regular cgminer.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 02:45:17 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2015, 02:56:12 PM by toptek

http://aperiodic.net/screen/start

if you don't want it to auto load

get http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html   putty ..

Then SSH into the PI

type

sudo apt-get install screen  sometimes it is not installed

screen bash

CD to the directly of CG or BFG miner something like this

CD bfgminer or CD / cgminer-gekko  whatever and were ever you happen to put it, then type

./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://yoururl  -u USER  -p x --compac-freq 150
 ./bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://yoururl -u USER -p x --set compac:clock=x0b83

then type once it loads if you need to turn off that PC and let the PI do it''s thing .
CTRL + A D then again D that should close out that window .

to check it either type

screen -list gives a list of all running screens detached or not

or type

screen -r  in most case that shows the running screen then runs it .

type
CTRL + A D to detach it then type D again to close it out .

if want to do it the manual way Smiley .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 05:12:56 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2015, 05:37:04 PM by Mikestang

Cross posting this information as it is directly applicable to this thread.  Maybe insert it into the first post as well?  At least until bfg 5.4.0 is released.

Using 5.3.0 to run a couple gekko compac sticks and no matter what value I input for --set compac:clock= the sticks hash as if they were set to 225 (x0882), so at about 11GH/s each.  Any idea why the sticks are not taking the frequency setting?
Found this bug. Will fix in 5.4.

Workaround: Use --set cbm:clock=x0783 instead.
I forgot to set the "compac" name on the driver... :|

edit - I have been unable to produce successful results with the revised cbm command, my sticks still hash at default frequency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: