Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:27:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 285 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of the paper money  (Read 416527 times)
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 05:30:29 AM

Who gets in the way of paper money?
I use them often and I have doubts that they will ever cease to exist. Bitcoin is not a competitor to them. This is a completely different system and it does not need to be compared with fiat.
I totally agree to you. Even if the BTC is a competitor of the paper money still I am not sure it can ever defeat the paper money. Like it is easy to transfer BTC instead of the traditional bank transaction but the use of the paper money is sometimes totally different than that of the digital one. Secondly not all the people of the world are that smart to use digital currency.
I have seen many people around me who don't even prefer to use credit cards for shopping purposes as they have fear that somebody will hack their account and they prefer to use only paper money as they find it safe easy and most convenient way for shopping.
Credit card is created for convenience but due to some hacking reports it will cause panic to the people because they feel they are risking their reputation and credit line when hack. Well, in reality paper money is more demand than online transactions because those who transact online also uses paper money and as long as there are people in this world who are left behind, paper money will always remain.

I believe that it depends on your location. You can be saying that because that's what you can observe on the people around you but you definitely did not observe places like the USA where cashless society is starting. People are just using credit/debit cards to pay because it's much easier to use and more convenient. You don't have to count money, you don't have to carry it around, etc.

There will always be places like the provinces and third world places where paper money will always be more convenient to use since every store is accepting it while swipe (credit/debit cards) aren't always.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 01:20:50 PM

The future of paper money is simply to disappear, it will not happen tomorrow, it will take some years but it will happen

I don't think that we are ever going to live up to that

So it is idle talk mostly. Apart from that, conceptually, paper money is not going anywhere unless there are dramatic changes in society, such changes what would likely change the concept of money itself. Until then there will always be room for ready money, e.g. when you need to pay for something hand-to-hand (and this should not necessarily involve some illicit deals or transactions). I guess you can easily think up a lot of situations where paying with cash will be the most optimal way of payment

Yes, when you go to buy bread, when you go for some fruit, small transactions of money for everyday things. It´s true that there has to be a change, in society as well. I think it is being done slowly, applications to pay with the mobile, debit, credit or prepaid cards. Everything takes time and there are many people who don´t have a cell phone or don´t want to have a card, it´s clear that everything can not be changed from one day to the next, and they can´t force people, they need to convince them, to make them want that change. They will use the publicity to create that need while they will slowly withdraw the banknotes, they will convince us that touching coins with our hands is bad for our health, that by paying with the mobile there are many advantages, and if they convince the people they will go forward with it.
HarringtonStark

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2017, 02:35:56 PM

To sum it all up, every currency will be digital only and there will be no more paper money. It is the digital age, people.

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2017, 05:11:04 PM

The future of paper money is simply to disappear, it will not happen tomorrow, it will take some years but it will happen

I don't think that we are ever going to live up to that

So it is idle talk mostly. Apart from that, conceptually, paper money is not going anywhere unless there are dramatic changes in society, such changes what would likely change the concept of money itself. Until then there will always be room for ready money, e.g. when you need to pay for something hand-to-hand (and this should not necessarily involve some illicit deals or transactions). I guess you can easily think up a lot of situations where paying with cash will be the most optimal way of payment

Yes, when you go to buy bread, when you go for some fruit, small transactions of money for everyday things. It´s true that there has to be a change, in society as well. I think it is being done slowly, applications to pay with the mobile, debit, credit or prepaid cards. Everything takes time and there are many people who don´t have a cell phone or don´t want to have a card, it´s clear that everything can not be changed from one day to the next, and they can´t force people, they need to convince them, to make them want that change. They will use the publicity to create that need while they will slowly withdraw the banknotes, they will convince us that touching coins with our hands is bad for our health, that by paying with the mobile there are many advantages, and if they convince the people they will go forward with it

They will have a long and hard way ahead

If they choose to go that route. Many governments chose another path and have made using payment card almost obligatory for their employees already. If you are one, you are given such a card where your salary will be credited. If you don't want to have such, you will be paid in cash, of course, but you are risking to get fired whenever things start going awry for you personally or there is a staff cut pending

Mr

Activity: 309

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 05:24:57 PM

To sum it all up, every currency will be digital only and there will be no more paper money. It is the digital age, people.
it is hardly happening in this decade and even the next decade. People are still very ignorant and I dont think that they can learn how to use Bitcoin or crypto in the near future. Moreover, many countries do not have technology and gadget to use Bitcoin

None of the above
BitcoinMarshal

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 06:26:36 PM

it is hardly happening in this decade and even the next decade. People are still very ignorant and I dont think that they can learn how to use Bitcoin or crypto in the near future. Moreover, many countries do not have technology and gadget to use Bitcoin
This need very long time because in developing countries peoples have no electricity then how can they use this digital currency even in developed countries its need some long time so its useless we point its is the digital age
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 07:24:51 PM

Who gets in the way of paper money?
I use them often and I have doubts that they will ever cease to exist. Bitcoin is not a competitor to them. This is a completely different system and it does not need to be compared with fiat.
I totally agree to you. Even if the BTC is a competitor of the paper money still I am not sure it can ever defeat the paper money. Like it is easy to transfer BTC instead of the traditional bank transaction but the use of the paper money is sometimes totally different than that of the digital one. Secondly not all the people of the world are that smart to use digital currency.
I have seen many people around me who don't even prefer to use credit cards for shopping purposes as they have fear that somebody will hack their account and they prefer to use only paper money as they find it safe easy and most convenient way for shopping.
Credit card is created for convenience but due to some hacking reports it will cause panic to the people because they feel they are risking their reputation and credit line when hack. Well, in reality paper money is more demand than online transactions because those who transact online also uses paper money and as long as there are people in this world who are left behind, paper money will always remain.

I believe that it depends on your location. You can be saying that because that's what you can observe on the people around you but you definitely did not observe places like the USA where cashless society is starting. People are just using credit/debit cards to pay because it's much easier to use and more convenient. You don't have to count money, you don't have to carry it around, etc.

There will always be places like the provinces and third world places where paper money will always be more convenient to use since every store is accepting it while swipe (credit/debit cards) aren't always.
Yes, from the early 2000 people were starting to change the way they use their money, first they started using credit cards and then they started shopping online using PayPal and other online payment methods.

But the thing is not everyone wants to use it, it may seem like a good idea for people and a bad for others, paper money is always going to be there because it is the way that people are used to and it is easier for them, but who know maybe new generation will most likely lean toward suing digital money.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 04:49:16 AM

This need very long time because in developing countries peoples have no electricity then how can they use this digital currency even in developed countries its need some long time so its useless we point its is the digital age
Electricity is not the only thing that is necessary to attract more people to adopt with bitcoin and go digital. Education is very important
to them and they must be interested also, but I know they will not unless they will get some benefits, with that paper money will exist.
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2017, 05:56:42 AM

If you don't like freedom then paper money is not good for you. So I don't think paper money has a long future. That is my guess.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 06:27:33 AM

If you don't like freedom then paper money is not good for you. So I don't think paper money has a long future. That is my guess.
Well, I think paper money is a very easy form to use in terms of transactions. But, maybe in the future, paper money, will be mixed with digital currency in the payment process.
jovs

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 01:19:21 PM

If it's something made by the government or by banks then you should definitly know that it won't be private and they will have control of everything just like the banks right , nothing much will change .
and for what comes to the Paper money I don't think it will dissapaear , maybe on some countries yes but worldwide ?definitly not because some countries don't even use Credit cards for their transactions so ... yep
Yes i also think that paper money will stay and will not disappear. Because even if the bitcoin will be an international crypto-currrency, the government always want control on a specific money. Because through this they can earn or corruption may exist. People mostly the powerful one always crave on control and manipulation and bitcoin is not a type of currency that can be manipulated by someone. Even of the developers do not have the power to control it. So in conclusion, as bitcoin develops for the better transaction and security paper money will also develop for future needs.
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 02:07:24 PM

If it's something made by the government or by banks then you should definitly know that it won't be private and they will have control of everything just like the banks right , nothing much will change .
and for what comes to the Paper money I don't think it will dissapaear , maybe on some countries yes but worldwide ?definitly not because some countries don't even use Credit cards for their transactions so ... yep
Yes i also think that paper money will stay and will not disappear. Because even if the bitcoin will be an international crypto-currrency, the government always want control on a specific money. Because through this they can earn or corruption may exist. People mostly the powerful one always crave on control and manipulation and bitcoin is not a type of currency that can be manipulated by someone. Even of the developers do not have the power to control it. So in conclusion, as bitcoin develops for the better transaction and security paper money will also develop for future needs.

That´s why goverments and banks will issue their own cryptocoins or rather a digital version of actual fiat coins. They will control the emission, they will watch all the movements and they will even know who is the owner of every address. Furthermore, they will avoid counterfeit.
choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 03:09:15 PM

That´s why goverments and banks will issue their own cryptocoins or rather a digital version of actual fiat coins. They will control the emission, they will watch all the movements and they will even know who is the owner of every address. Furthermore, they will avoid counterfeit.

Digital fiat has been around for quite a long time now. The money in your bank account is the digital version of an actual fiat coin and the government has been using it ever since to track your transaction history. If all of a sudden (meaning with no major leaps on your career or other sources of income), you deposited a million dollar, the IRS will come knocking to your door ask you about it.

They definitely know the owner of the money and his/her whereabouts because you submit legal papers when opening a bank account.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
tigershark

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 04:20:36 PM

Andrew Haldane said one solution would be for the Bank of England to issue a state-backed digital currency based on bitcoin. Supporting this initiative would be a negative interest rate levied on paper currency relative to the digital currency, with these measures do you think there is more possibilities that sometime:

Paper money will be banned entirely?
How long do you think that happens?
would it work?
What security and privacy risks would it raise?
And how would public and privately issued monies interact?

I don't think paper money will ever be banned. At least not in our lifetime. Also, if a government were to use an official cryptocurrency, they would probably make their own.
Format.C^

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 07:28:15 PM

Andrew Haldane said one solution would be for the Bank of England to issue a state-backed digital currency based on bitcoin. Supporting this initiative would be a negative interest rate levied on paper currency relative to the digital currency, with these measures do you think there is more possibilities that sometime:

Paper money will be banned entirely?
How long do you think that happens?
would it work?
What security and privacy risks would it raise?
And how would public and privately issued monies interact?

I don't think paper money will ever be banned. At least not in our lifetime. Also, if a government were to use an official cryptocurrency, they would probably make their own.

Yes paper money will never get banned as it has support from the government and even the users of paper money are higher in compare to bitcoins and even in future paper money will be the first choice of people.
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 08:28:49 PM

digital money more safer than paper money... future is digital concept

both of them is safe, its depending about your privacy, and how you safe it.
if you safe your bitcoin at online wallet then somone hack your account, you will lost too Roll Eyes
Yes agree that paper money is the most common form of money used in the world and it will be common for some more time. The digital money is insecure as compare to it but after taking the interest of the government it will not be that much insecure, the reason on the digital currency hacking and stuff is due to the lack of interest of the government. 
kikeda

Activity: 364

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 08:46:09 PM

if you safe your bitcoin at online wallet then somone hack your account, you will lost too Roll Eyes
Yes agree that paper money is the most common form of money used in the world and it will be common for some more time. The digital money is insecure as compare to it but after taking the interest of the government it will not be that much insecure, the reason on the digital currency hacking and stuff is due to the lack of interest of the government. 

Not only Government but that will be many common people who will be scared of using bitcoins as they will always have fear of loosing their money as I have seen many people who hesitate even in using credit cards for shopping.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 05:59:30 AM

That seems a little bit off. Digital fiat is heavily supported by the government but we still see people getting their cards hacked. We still see people losing their digital currency funds. And let's say that the government will give interest to bitcoins, will they secure it? Will they even help securing it? The government is the administration of the country, they are not the Dark Army that can protect us from the possible attacks that can happen.

And let's just say that bitcoin network becomes even more secured, the 51% attack is still possible to do. It requires tons of money. It will only take one rich villain to do that.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 06:23:22 AM

Not only Government but that will be many common people who will be scared of using bitcoins as they will always have fear of loosing their money as I have seen many people who hesitate even in using credit cards for shopping.
That's​ common with people who are not much educated or aware of the technology growth. I feel bad of using debit cards than credit cards because they charge us without reason. With credit cards they were providing with certain credit limits and based on that charging us. With debit card, to use my own money I'm charged. If this is the situation I can have cash in my pocket and use it.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
DD-Lex

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 08:06:27 AM

I think that paper money will always be popular and in demand, because it is much more pleasant to feel bills in your hands than to constantly worry about a possible hacking of your card or electronic wallet.
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 285 »
  Print  

Jump to: