Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:57:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 285 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of the paper money  (Read 416527 times)
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 11:28:47 PM

Paper money will survive simply because it is one of the easiest ways to reach the whole population especially those that do no have access to banking services but as time has come to pass most of the money of the world now is in electronic form.
I agree, people are used to reaching in into their pockets and grabbing couple of bucks to pay for thing, and that seems a lot of an easier idea for them than reaching for their phone and putting passwords and paying with bitcoin, I think that bitcoin is not meant to be for everyone to use it is purely for people who are shopping on the internet.
Yes bitcoin is not to consider as a full replacement for our paper money because, in fact, bitcoin is just an addition for people like us to get an easier option for paying our bills online or doing other payment thru the internet and not a hassle way like going into the physical places. We don't need replacement for the fiat because fiat is created for its unique purposes as well as bitcoin.
not necessarily when paper money began outdated and not used, then bitcoin will replace him? I do not think it will be that easy. especially bitcoin is still banned by the government
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 11:43:52 PM

I think the future of paper money is to fall in value, and it is not because of the physical form, but the way the currency is issued. With Bitcoin things are more efficient, since you do not have to depend on politicians.
yeah I also think that it would completely simple and efficient method of payment of paper money will be rarely used in the future. but it does not necessarily bitcoin will replace it lol

I can see that the future of paper money seems to fall too but it doesn't mean it will make the economy of a country fall too. It will only make a difference on what we use to see, government bodies will certainly make the same thing as crypto currency or should I say a digital money and it's going to happen in the future.
It's just changing times and it will not make the economy of a country falling. changing times becomes more advanced it is uncertain and can not be avoided paper money will be replaced by something new
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 02:15:52 AM

I think the future of paper money is to fall in value, and it is not because of the physical form, but the way the currency is issued. With Bitcoin things are more efficient, since you do not have to depend on politicians.
yeah I also think that it would completely simple and efficient method of payment of paper money will be rarely used in the future. but it does not necessarily bitcoin will replace it lol

I can see that the future of paper money seems to fall too but it doesn't mean it will make the economy of a country fall too. It will only make a difference on what we use to see, government bodies will certainly make the same thing as crypto currency or should I say a digital money and it's going to happen in the future.
It's just changing times and it will not make the economy of a country falling. changing times becomes more advanced it is uncertain and can not be avoided paper money will be replaced by something new

Yes, if you will read what I've said that there would be change with the paper money but there would be no mean of making the economy to fall. And it's what I've saying that paper money will be replaced by another means of payment and has monetary value. And that's a real speculation, we are near to become a cashless society.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 02:40:09 AM

Yes, if you will read what I've said that there would be change with the paper money but there would be no mean of making the economy to fall. And it's what I've saying that paper money will be replaced by another means of payment and has monetary value. And that's a real speculation, we are near to become a cashless society.
And unfortunately it looks like my home country is moving full steam ahead to introduce a cashless society:
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-27/is-australia-on-the-brink-of-becoming-cashless-society/8377288?pfmredir=sm
This is just another way for the government to stick their nose further into everybody's business.

Polisi Ndeso

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 04:11:53 AM

I'm sure the future of paper money will disappear, gradually be replaced by digital money and then cryptocurrency. currently many countries that try digital money like China, South Korea and Japan. If success will be followed in other countries.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 09:25:06 PM

And unfortunately it looks like my home country is moving full steam ahead to introduce a cashless society:
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-27/is-australia-on-the-brink-of-becoming-cashless-society/8377288?pfmredir=sm
This is just another way for the government to stick their nose further into everybody's business.

Well you should be ready for the change and you will actually have electronic economy / cashless society very soon. You feel unfortunate about it, well AU gov't want to nail out your taxes properly. I'm thinking that countries that are nearby Australia will do the same thing and they'll think it as a success with their technology.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 12:23:11 AM

paper money or cash will die, but I dont see it happening in the US for another 30 or so years. They will slowly pull it out of circulation and not just ban it all at once.

Right. There are so many powerful people that can be affected if paper money will be remove. Mentioning businessman, bankers, central banks, banks owners and governments, this will be a bloody war if Bitcoin happened to replace fiat. Banning all of fiat might be possible but they will only make it possible  they can control cryptocurrencies too. They won't agree to a situation where they will lose, that's how the world works now.

It maybe a hundred more years before fiat can be replace. Yup, I believe in bitcoins potential to overthrow fiat but I just don't see it happening now. There's so many flaws, factors, and odds.

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:31:09 AM

Well you should be ready for the change and you will actually have electronic economy / cashless society very soon. You feel unfortunate about it, well AU gov't want to nail out your taxes properly. I'm thinking that countries that are nearby Australia will do the same thing and they'll think it as a success with their technology.
We will not have a cashless society because government will not allow that to make bitcoin overcome the fiat that we are currently using in our certain area or country. Government will stop that and if possible they will ban bitcoin in their country and make bitcoin as a bad idea for payment system just what like other countries did in bitcoin.
ipungadhi

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 12:08:09 PM

I think cashless society happens for a reason. The main course is because it is more simple right ? you only need 1 card to pay for everything. easily stored and used and to avoid the theft of money

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 12:24:21 PM

I think cashless society happens for a reason. The main course is because it is more simple right ? you only need 1 card to pay for everything. easily stored and used and to avoid the theft of money

Well that would mean that most of the stores you're going to go into would have terminals for card based transactions. That's pretty expensive if you're just a small business. And theft won't be harder with card transactions as it may not be physical theft but online theft can easily be done as well. We may still be talking about decades here before we all become a cashless society

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 01:14:38 PM

-- snip--

Unfortunately this is the reality all over the world. Governments are completely controlled from banks. Years ago they have understand that they (banks) can't control the paper (cash) money. Currently there are about one third of the global population without a bank account. So using the rapid development of internet they created mobile and web apps so as nobody to have any excuse that cannot spend his money if he has not fiat in his pocket. Blockchain technology gave them a new vehicle to develop their private ledgers and their e-coins too. Therefore, using various pretexts such as security, speed, ease to spending, money printing restrictions etc. will push people to use only digital wallets. Banks will fully control the wealth of each person and how he manages it.
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 01:18:06 PM

I'm sure the future of paper money will disappear, gradually be replaced by digital money and then cryptocurrency. currently many countries that try digital money like China, South Korea and Japan. If success will be followed in other countries.
The thing that must happen I think but paper money will be lost not directly but on a regular basis. little by little people in the world will be changed using digital money
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 01:33:28 PM

paper money or cash will die, but I dont see it happening in the US for another 30 or so years. They will slowly pull it out of circulation and not just ban it all at once.

Right. There are so many powerful people that can be affected if paper money will be remove. Mentioning businessman, bankers, central banks, banks owners and governments, this will be a bloody war if Bitcoin happened to replace fiat. Banning all of fiat might be possible but they will only make it possible  they can control cryptocurrencies too. They won't agree to a situation where they will lose, that's how the world works now.

It maybe a hundred more years before fiat can be replace. Yup, I believe in bitcoins potential to overthrow fiat but I just don't see it happening now. There's so many flaws, factors, and odds.

I think at the time when paper money is already gone, people actually chose to convert all of their paper money to bitcoin and not that the government banned paper money. They are not going to ban it because it belongs to them. It's their primary way to control their people. It will be more of a revolution. People has chosen to use an unregulated currency rather than staying as a slave to their government.

In a situation like that, whether they agree or not, whether they're going to lose or not, they don't really have the choice since people have already made their decision. Although of course the government will do action to fight it, if we really are in a democratic country and the power really belongs to the people like they say, we should win.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 03:28:26 PM

There is no doubt that we are going toward a cashless society and more and more going to use digital money to pay for thing s instead of paper money, but I think it is going to take some time because people are used to using paper money and changing that is kind of hard.

Besides electronic money encourages more money theft, I mean what is easy stealing money from your pocket or from your digital wallet.
delliaerd

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 03:32:10 PM

The thing that must happen I think but paper money will be lost not directly but on a regular basis. little by little people in the world will be changed using digital money
The Probability is high. line with the times. rivalry and competition between humans become increasingly severe. we are required to fast-paced, bitcoin and blockchain technology will be helpful in the present and the future, especially for fintech industry. despite that bitcoin still have serious competitor, namely gold, because its price is also getting up. but it is not practical to carry around. I think bitcoin more had a great chance to replace paper money in the future.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 04:56:13 PM

The future of the paper money will never change. People will always use normal gold to buy their
stuff. People cant live without paper money these days. Maybe after a 100 year it will be gone but
don't think so.

As long as government produce and disseminate paper money, they will always be alive..Even if their citizens don't want to use it, if that's the only legal tender accepted in their locality, then probably they will be pushed to use it...
I respect your opinion sir, But in my assessment with this things Paper money will disappear in the future, I'm not religious type of a person but some verses in the bible where it can be found in the book of revelation time will come that money will no longer be useful and no one can buy anything unless they have the mark of the beast, I don't understand that exactly, all I know by that time is all paper money in the entire world will be like a toilet paper.  Undecided
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:53:44 PM

cashless society? yeah it looks like it is already happening today many of my friends are currently using a credit card or debit card to pay for goods. even if you are in the supermarket most buyers use credit cards.
Nagadota

Activity: 574

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 12:24:35 AM

cashless society? yeah it looks like it is already happening today many of my friends are currently using a credit card or debit card to pay for goods. even if you are in the supermarket most buyers use credit cards.
But you can reasonably use either and people still have cash with them in their day to day lives for convenience purposes.  Credit cards will never be quite as good as cash, people tend to use them because they have a lot of money in the bank and can therefore use it there and then.  Physical cash still has a future, especially if Bitcoin does better in the digital world because then cash will probably still be just as good in person.

poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 12:56:40 AM

The Probability is high. line with the times. rivalry and competition between humans become increasingly severe. we are required to fast-paced, bitcoin and blockchain technology will be helpful in the present and the future, especially for fintech industry. despite that bitcoin still have serious competitor, namely gold, because its price is also getting up. but it is not practical to carry around. I think bitcoin more had a great chance to replace paper money in the future.
a pshysical money or a paper money would always needed now or later , digital money would be an option for those people who want to make a transaction flexible, faster and easier . i never think that paper money could disappeared , and digital money the only currency that we would use in the future. nothing can replace paper money , both should be used contiguous.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 01:53:48 AM

You talking about something which has been in effective because of government. Banks or currency or tooth-brush to Lamborghini every stuff that exists is created by authority of government. On the other hand you talking about money which is the only reason why earth is spinning today! Well, what I mean with this quote is, paper money or any form of it is controlled under the rules and regulation of Government. Moreover bitcoin is privately operated/created which is first drawback that it may replace paper money. If government bans paper money then they might pull a crisis for themselves. In real world it may not happen. So there is no chance of happening other consequences which you have enlisted in your question. :-)

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 285 »
  Print  

Jump to: