Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:34:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 285 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of the paper money  (Read 416527 times)
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 06:49:24 PM

For me, it's the trust issue.. Banks are centralized and people especially the depositors are comfortable with their money as they know it's secured while in bitcoin it's not safe because it's decentralize and when the entire system is down our money will be lost. Simple as that why people continue to use paper money as it's government regulated.

How can you claim that the money deposited in the banks is safe just because the system is centralized? What will happen if the bank declares itself bankrupt? Or what will happen if the government seize your savings?
government do not have any right to seize your saving without any solid reason. as we can see that when a band become bankrupt then the government try to recover the lost of the people and there are very little chances of that banks will become bankrupt therefore keeping money in banks is really not so much risky.
Why banks will bankrupt i think its not. banks are controlled by government and money made by banks that controlled by government..
Banks is still the best place to save a large amount of our money, because its more safe than bitcoin..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 11:48:58 PM

the existence of paper money in the future will begin to decline and be replaced by digital money  Roll Eyes. payment transactions with a card, atm card and shopping. and also because paper money is less efficient if in large quantities. but it's still in the long term because of the profit they make money medium digital / electronic novelty of this period. Shocked

I beg to disagree.. the paper money will not ever replace even digital currencies. Its that’s not a concept most people can get their heads around, which has been Bitcoin’s great limitation. It might overcome that hurdle, or it might not. The only certainty is that money will keep evolving. If money represents value, and value is a reflection of our needs and desires, then money is simply a reflection of us. And it will continue to change as long as we do.

While I don't particularly disagree with your point that Bitcoin might never replace paper money (since that seems to be what you meant to say, it was hard to decipher your message), I can't possibly agree that the technicalities of Bitcoin could hinder its adoption. They can be very well hidden by the wrappers which web wallets already use. In fact, just to fill a typical bank payment order you need to spend substantially more time and effort than to make a Bitcoin payment. Even if you use a bank payment card, you still need to enter a lot of auxiliary data (such as card holder's name, expiry date, security code, maybe, something else that I don't know of) while in order to make a Bitcoin payment you need only to enter the receiving wallet address and the amount to transfer. I mean if you use a web wallet, of course...

In this way, I don't really think that the technicalities are a real obstacle
For me, it's the trust issue.. Banks are centralized and people especially the depositors are comfortable with their money as they know it's secured while in bitcoin it's not safe because it's decentralize and when the entire system is down our money will be lost. Simple as that why people continue to use paper money as it's government regulated.

Bitcoin has advantages in transaction than paper money and vice versa.
Digital currency is a future payment method but I think paper money will be still exist as long as digital currency can be hacked.
Security issue is what hinder digital currency to replace paper money, we still need a form of money (medium of exchange) to do transaction just in case.
We need both of them to store them securely, I mean when your digital currency hacked at least you still have paper money on banks or safes-box.
carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 05:27:29 AM

the existence of paper money in the future will begin to decline and be replaced by digital money  Roll Eyes. payment transactions with a card, atm card and shopping. and also because paper money is less efficient if in large quantities. but it's still in the long term because of the profit they make money medium digital / electronic novelty of this period. Shocked

I beg to disagree.. the paper money will not ever replace even digital currencies. Its that’s not a concept most people can get their heads around, which has been Bitcoin’s great limitation. It might overcome that hurdle, or it might not. The only certainty is that money will keep evolving. If money represents value, and value is a reflection of our needs and desires, then money is simply a reflection of us. And it will continue to change as long as we do.

While I don't particularly disagree with your point that Bitcoin might never replace paper money (since that seems to be what you meant to say, it was hard to decipher your message), I can't possibly agree that the technicalities of Bitcoin could hinder its adoption. They can be very well hidden by the wrappers which web wallets already use. In fact, just to fill a typical bank payment order you need to spend substantially more time and effort than to make a Bitcoin payment. Even if you use a bank payment card, you still need to enter a lot of auxiliary data (such as card holder's name, expiry date, security code, maybe, something else that I don't know of) while in order to make a Bitcoin payment you need only to enter the receiving wallet address and the amount to transfer. I mean if you use a web wallet, of course...

Digital currency is a future payment method but I think paper money will be still exist as long as digital currency can be hacked.
Security issue is what hinder digital currency to replace paper money, we still need a form of money (medium of exchange) to do transaction just in case.
We need both of them to store them securely, I mean when your digital currency hacked at least you still have paper money on banks or safes-box.
yes that is right to say bitcoin is easy to transfer it do not need to transfer in to local currency if  you are buying some thing in another country as bitcoin is a universal currency and it has the same price every where in the world.
Aamir1

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 05:43:54 AM

We should see the progress of the world and we will come to know that a system like paper money would probably not stay forever now, every single thing is getting digital then why not money? It will get digital too for sure but it is not important that the digital thing should be bitcoin, governments may make their own digital systems.
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 06:22:25 AM

yes that is right to say bitcoin is easy to transfer it do not need to transfer in to local currency if  you are buying some thing in another country as bitcoin is a universal currency and it has the same price every where in the world.
That's why it's called universal currency because it has the same value in the world and because of bitcoin we are united as one. And the world is supporting bitcoin as we are the world compose of different supporters from every country.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 08:42:42 AM

That's why it's called universal currency because it has the same value in the world and because of bitcoin we are united as one. And the world is supporting bitcoin as we are the world compose of different supporters from every country.
Well that can be agreeable though. It easy to send and receive btcs from other parts of the world with less fees. And i think more and more people are already realizing that as bitcoin's price keeps on going up.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
carlerha

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 01:38:58 PM

Well that can be agreeable though. It easy to send and receive btcs from other parts of the world with less fees. And i think more and more people are already realizing that as bitcoin's price keeps on going up.
the transaction fee is really know because there is no tax on bitcoin and when the governments will accept bitcoin and when they will put tax on it, then it will become more costly and then bitcoin will also lose its anonymity stats, and will no longer remain as anonymous any more.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2016, 01:49:25 PM

It is false security. Indeed, in some countries bank deposits are insured (at least, up to a certain amount), but even if all countries provided a sort of insurance for bank deposits, that still wouldn't prevent inflation from slowly but surely eating away the value of money held on deposits. Further, many developing countries are known for sudden devaluations of their currencies when the currency loses half or even more of its purchasing power overnight...

Bitcoin is risky, but even hard assets such as gold are not completely risk free

For each country banks are covered by the law which will help the customers,investors of that bankrupted bank. That is what you call an insurance. So even the bank will be bankrupt still there is an alloted money for those people who the bank owed money. So you don't have to worry about it, you just need to browse the banking secrecy law and everything about it.

Tell that to the victims of the Cyprus hair-cut

danherbias07
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1115

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 02:35:57 PM

Dont go just looking here. There is much to be seen outside and a lot is happening. Many people are still leaning on paper money and thats it. No more option or whatever it is, either a Us dollar or a Euro.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Sithara007
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1344

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 03:12:34 PM

Dont go just looking here. There is much to be seen outside and a lot is happening. Many people are still leaning on paper money and thats it. No more option or whatever it is, either a Us dollar or a Euro.

99.99% of the people are still using paper money, and the situation will remain the same for the next several decades. 10% to 20% may be using cards, but these people also use paper money as well for their daily needs. Right now, the battle is between paper money and plastic money, and not between paper money and digital money.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..

Feel free to drop your doubts bellow
Report to moderator 
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦       ▬▬▬ ▬          Stake.com     /     Play Smarter          ▬ ▬▬▬       ♠ ♥ ♣ ♦
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
L E A D I N G   C R Y P T O  C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S   B E T T I N G

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Strongkored
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1061

View Profile Personal Message (Online)
Trust: +0 / =0 / -0
Ignore

Re: [OPEN]Stake.com NEW SIGNATURE CAMPAIGN l NEW PAYRATES l HERO & LEG ONLY
May 31, 2022, 08:28:59 AM
Reply with quote  +Merit  #2
Bitcointalk Username: strongkored
Profile Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=640554
Forum Rank: Legendary
Are you able to wear our Signature, Avatar & Personal Text? will wear upon receipt
Stake
Dhimas Kanjeng

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 03:54:16 PM

I sure not more 100 years again paper money will be disappear. And cryptocurrency will make it faster.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     COVEX  |  One Stop Trading Platform      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|  |  |  |  Fast & Reliable  |  Real Time  |  Secure  |  Sharing Fees  |  |  |  |
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook     ██  PRE-ICO: MAY 12TH  ██     Twitter  Reddit  Medium
Babayega31

Activity: 630

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 04:59:56 PM

I sure not more 100 years again paper money will be disappear. And cryptocurrency will make it faster.

Paper money in the future? I think it would be still a paper money, even though we are now facing modern digital currency as our alternative for monetary currency it doesn't change the fact that this cashable money which is a paper money could never be terminated of its use. People without proper knowledge of modern computers are those who will particularly using the cash type of money they dont use digital currency because its an internet based transactions and it takes a long process or implementation if digital currency is adapted to sellers like in the vege market and several departments stores.

raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 06:11:55 PM

99.99% of the people are still using paper money, and the situation will remain the same for the next several decades. 10% to 20% may be using cards, but these people also use paper money as well for their daily needs. Right now, the battle is between paper money and plastic money, and not between paper money and digital money.
The number is decreasing day by day and in my country, we have 10-15% people using mainly digital money like online wallets, online banking and debit/credit cards.

People who don't know anything about the internet have to rely on paper money but it's always secure to carry paper money in addition to plastic money. There is no such battle currently as many shops don't even use these machines as a payment mode. They are considering it which is a good thing.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 06:24:50 PM

The number is decreasing day by day and in my country, we have 10-15% people using mainly digital money like online wallets, online banking and debit/credit cards.

People who don't know anything about the internet have to rely on paper money but it's always secure to carry paper money in addition to plastic money. There is no such battle currently as many shops don't even use these machines as a payment mode. They are considering it which is a good thing.
I think here in my country in my own speculation according to what i seen in the mall maybe 5% to 8% of people who are using atm and maximum of 10% for online payment they are using online bankings .. they are late in technology but they are gradually increases.. and i hope more adoption and more people that can know about the advantages of digital currency..  as alternative payment methods  that we can also use locally in the future..
mastica

Activity: 938

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 11:03:49 PM

The new generation almost all had a phone with internet at it, we do use for a long time those equipements, i dont know how long it will take but i believe the current printed money wont last more then 70 years from now, if they keep it the way it is would be insane.
freedomgo
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1144

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 12:59:34 AM

I think here in my country in my own speculation according to what i seen in the mall maybe 5% to 8% of people who are using atm and maximum of 10% for online payment they are using online bankings .. they are late in technology but they are gradually increases.. and i hope more adoption and more people that can know about the advantages of digital currency..  as alternative payment methods  that we can also use locally in the future..

Too bad most of the people in the less developing world are in poverty. With that reality, we cannot push bitcoin to them.

The new generation almost all had a phone with internet at it, we do use for a long time those equipements, i dont know how long it will take but i believe the current printed money wont last more then 70 years from now, if they keep it the way it is would be insane.

Wow! you really sure? I don't bite your speculation. Paper money will be forever..

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 06:22:56 AM

ROFLMAO.... 70 years is a long time.... I don't know whether humanity will survive for that long. With global warming and the possibility of a World War III, we may destroy our planet much earlier than that date. Still... fiat currency has existed for more than two thousand years... My guess is that it will survive as long as the humanity exists.
X-ray

Activity: 2856
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 06:27:34 AM

ROFLMAO.... 70 years is a long time.... I don't know whether humanity will survive for that long. With global warming and the possibility of a World War III, we may destroy our planet much earlier than that date. Still... fiat currency has existed for more than two thousand years... My guess is that it will survive as long as the humanity exists.
there's indeed a possibility for World War III to be exist in the future,but there's no sign of it to be actually happen,as you know america which is going to be lead by Trump is now making such a good relationship with Russia due to vladimir putin congratulating trump for being elected to become the number 1 person in united states,but i believe in 70 years humanity will still survive,many people are now developing such a eco friendly thing which could keep the earth from destruction or getting doomed

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
markyminer

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 07:19:28 AM

i think those people who have access to bitcoin are also depending on fiat, still most of the people are using bitcoin for investment purposes, as there are very limited facilities of using bitcoin in more of the areas. as in my country there is a single shop who is accepting bitcoins for limited items.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 07:33:57 AM

and as we can see, Using a digital currency has a big advantage since we can make transaction already whenever we are in different countries that also uses and accepts bitcoin as another method of payment and because of that it would give us less hassle when it comes to payment and we never have to worry if ever we don't have enough cash in the future.
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 285 »
  Print  

Jump to: