Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:28:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Find Trendon Shavers in person thread... [BTCST, BTS&T, pirateat40]  (Read 81229 times)
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:25:53 PM

Proof or stfu

I'm not saying it will or will not happen. I was pointing out your argumentation is moot.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:45:17 PM

ElectricMucus

I don't think it is possible to predict what the govn't may or may not do but it is save to say that there is an active investigation.  The SEC has been interviewing witnesses and they may use the information gathered to bring charges and start a criminal case for securities fraud.  While and criminal case  may result in a judgement it may or may not result in recover of funds.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 04:51:45 PM

ElectricMucus

I don't think it is possible to predict what the govn't may or may not do but it is save to say that there is an active investigation.  The SEC has been interviewing witnesses and they may use the information gathered to bring charges and start a criminal case for securities fraud.  While and criminal case  may result in a judgement it may or may not result in recover of funds.

Shut up.

Anybody who lost money to pirate should lick their wounds and move on. You are probably just part of the scam providing coolaid to the suckers.
PS: you suck it now, I'm sick of this crap, should have done this earlier.
Bitsky

Activity: 576
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:54:37 PM

Complete and utter bullshit.

Despite all greed what people fear the most is an unfavourably ruling considering the nature of Bitcoin regarding debt. The outcome of an actual lawsuit would be absolutely devastating for the speculative value should Trendon win the case. This community is literally retarded when it comes to their perceived rights and Trendon knows this. Nothing will happen.
I wonder how much more the price has to increase until one of the big investors considers to hire some russian or mexican kneebreakers for negotiations with him. Maybe they aren't suing him because the coins are of shady/illegal origins which would backfire at them in court; but if I were him, exactly that would make me nervous.

Shut up.

Anybody who lost money to pirate should lick their wounds and move on. You are probably just part of the scam providing coolaid to the suckers.
You are probably just part of Trendon's team trying to make investors give up.  Tongue

Bounty: Earn up to 68.7 BTC
Like my post? Feel free to drop a tip to 1BitskyZbfR4irjyXDaGAM2wYKQknwX36Y
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:01:32 PM

wachtwoord

curious why the SEC didn't get in touch with you.

What country you are locaed in?

When did you contact them?

Almost everyone how has contacted them has been interviewed.
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:32:29 PM

I wonder how much more the price has to increase until one of the big investors considers to hire some russian or mexican kneebreakers for negotiations with him. Maybe they aren't suing him because the coins are of shady/illegal origins which would backfire at them in court; but if I were him, exactly that would make me nervous.

I don't think any increase in price has an effect. Not many believe he actually has the owed money in bitcoin. Even if he did and a miracle (or a judge) happened that forced him to pay it probably would be at the value of the coins the day he declared insolvency.

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 05:54:10 PM

FYI I ninja edited my post at the front page.
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 07:16:18 PM

EM, now you went full retard. Sorry, no offence to handycapped people.
You think every single person who lost bitcoins to Trendon is the same?
You think every single of them who lost a lot of coins (worth a fortune now) back then, who isn't invested in Bitcoin any more, value the overall health of Bitcoin higher than his personal loss?
You ignore the repeated statements that the SEC interviewed people and several people contacted *them*?

FUD. /ignore. Your stale, misplaced Litecoin babble was annoying me anyway.

Ente
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 11:44:17 PM

Sorry, it was Kluge

wachtwoord

Kluge

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:15:34 AM

Sorry, it was Kluge

wachtwoord

Kluge

US, contacted them ~6 months ago with personal info, extra details on Pirate, contingencies others wanted before coming forward, and a formal complaint lodged to be forwarded to Philip. I was concerned they never reached out to me before filing. When they didn't respond after filing, I assumed they washed their hands of the case and moved on. Doesn't much matter to me, if there aren't substantial funds left... I would prefer Pirate stay out of prison.
farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 07:18:28 AM

Doesn't much matter to me, if there aren't substantial funds left... I would prefer Pirate stay out of prison.

Kluge, you are one of a kind.

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 07:31:12 AM

Doesn't much matter to me, if there aren't substantial funds left... I would prefer Pirate stay out of prison.

Kluge, you are one of a kind.
Doubt it. I'd like to see Pirate draining gov't funds, but he could do that better on Welfare. Any money he has is useful, but keeping him locked up with white-collar smugglers, launderers, and political prisoners for a few years probably won't help any of us.

I think we all learned a lot from Pirate, and I'd love to have a beer with him. -Or I just have Stockholm Syndrome.  Huh  Tongue
farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 07:52:26 AM

Doubt it. I'd like to see Pirate draining gov't funds, but he could do that better on Welfare. Any money he has is useful, but keeping him locked up with white-collar smugglers, launderers, and political prisoners for a few years probably won't help any of us.

I think we all learned a lot from Pirate, and I'd love to have a beer with him. -Or I just have Stockholm Syndrome.  Huh  Tongue

Learned is a good word for it.  I and my investment partner lost so much (and on JRO ventures and GLBSE) that we practically gave up on bitcoin investment. Not to have a want for revenge of some sorts is kind of rare although I do understand your reasoning. I'd skip on the beer Smiley

Martin Armstrong
Bitsky

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 10:15:16 AM

It's not like he never did anything wrong before. He's a notorious liar and scammer and will most likely continue this business unless a line is drawn. It would also show other would-be scammers that you can get into real trouble.
Either he turns everything he has into coins until he paid back the losses, or he goes to jail for a few years. If you fuck something up, you take responsibility for it.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 11:36:50 AM

It's not like he never did anything wrong before. He's a notorious liar and scammer and will most likely continue this business unless a line is drawn. It would also show other would-be scammers that you can get into real trouble.
Either he turns everything he has into coins until he paid back the losses, or he goes to jail for a few years. If you fuck something up, you take responsibility for it.
His notorious lying and scamming makes us wiser, so we can avoid being in such situations in the future. If Pirate's allowed to continue operating as-is, he will continue to breed a smarter (though poorer) species... Plundersapiens, sculpted in his image!

If you want to really show would-be scammers you can get in "real" trouble (if you take more than $1m worth), shoot him in the face. Who gives a shit if the SEC might send you to prison in a year if you stay in the same country? He still got away with millions, even if only temporarily. He should be idolized by the scammers, and he's fascinating. Why was he where authorities could find him? Was he that cynical? By the way, isn't it funny that even Bitcoin is reversible if the SEC seizes his assets and returns them to us? Maybe in Gavin's next visit with the FBI, he can announce the new government-only chargeback functionality.

If Pirate's forced into jail (and he would be whether or not he returns money, unless the SEC really sucks with plea deals - he's made many technical law violations outside of not returning money), he's still not taking responsibility. And really - did he do anything "wrong"? We were the idiots who gave him the money. His premise was plausible and he had a solid reputation, but a vague business plan would only appeal to the most undisciplined of investors. His scam was executed pretty well, I think.... certainly way more sophisticated than the usual ones we're exposed to.

That said -- we fucked up, and we should take responsibility for it. We misjudged, so Darwin took our money. We've misjudged a lot of people, but so far, Pirate's the only person who might go to prison. If fairness is the goal, Pirate should be allowed to plunder booty as all the others have been allowed. Or maybe in this case, justice is "too big to fail."

(TBH, my real, much more left-field feelings on the matter: I don't believe society should penalize anyone as a group because it declares "we" think he should be punished, indicating unanimity, which is pretty much never the case. Since I find the very idea of "bureaucrat-determined punishment" horribly offensive, I object to all USG imprisonments, fines, seizures, murders, etc., meaning there is indeed never unanimity. I would much rather see a passionate society where individuals punish individuals. I wouldn't personally imprison Pirate in my basement, so I think it's ridiculous that it should be a more "civilized" idea for a government to, shielding me from having to personally condemn someone who I kind of admire. Normally, I wouldn't have an outburst like this, but I think that since I've lost so much, I am less likely to be thought insincere. Or kill me. [No -- I'd argue rapists should be shot in the face, ideally by the victims, though never on behalf of the victims without their explicit consent to the punishment])
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 12:11:42 PM

If you want to really show would-be scammers you can get in "real" trouble (if you take more than $1m worth), shoot him in the face.

tbh I half-in-half expected that would happen if he ran with that much money and figured it would be a sufficient deterrent to refrain from doing so. My call on that was wrong and that's the main thing I learned.

On the other hand you are clearly suffering from Stockholm syndrome and you are victimizing the felon and making "being dumb" a felony. Trendon is the one breaking my (and I assume most) ethical values by stealing. Property ownership, to me, is one of the main rights I want people to have (the other major one is self-determination) and what he did appalls me.
Bitsky

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 01:48:58 PM

tbh I half-in-half expected that would happen if he ran with that much money and figured it would be a sufficient deterrent to refrain from doing so. My call on that was wrong and that's the main thing I learned.
Maybe someone did visit him and we just don't know because he signed a NDA with a mexican cartel who used BST to launder drug money and now he tries to pay them back Grin

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 02:52:48 PM

Wow, i cant believe how many people here support this scammer. He shouldnt go to jail because he could do some good things with the stolen money, he was so smart that we now learned something and so on. What a bullshit! Im not sure if some of these guardians really have some mind-damage so that they now create a new sight of the whole thing for themselves to not having to feel so stupid anymore. It looks something like that to me.
This scammer should go to jail. If money can be found it should be given back. But congrat him for his art? Really twisted minds have to come up with this idea...
Sorry, but i dont get it...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:48:05 AM

Wow, i cant believe how many people here support this scammer. He shouldnt go to jail because he could do some good things with the stolen money, he was so smart that we now learned something and so on. What a bullshit! Im not sure if some of these guardians really have some mind-damage so that they now create a new sight of the whole thing for themselves to not having to feel so stupid anymore. It looks something like that to me.
This scammer should go to jail. If money can be found it should be given back. But congrat him for his art? Really twisted minds have to come up with this idea...
It's a wonderful art, similar to virus infection and execution. It progresses rapidly, as do the AV coders and those susceptible to infection. Jailing the virus writers/distributors would be ineffective - and really, when a clever new way to distribute a virus is found, I'm not thinking "gosh, we better take this guy's computer privileges away," I'm thinking "wow, that's really clever. How else could this be applied?" It inspires new ideas to protect against malware experts as much as it inspires more malware writers to think outside the box. From this chaotic back-and-forth, we're able to apply new ways of thinking to other areas of our lives, and ultimately are all better for it.

We can't grow in knowledge without chaos ("inspiration from necessity"). The back-and-forth between lenders/depositors and scammers will do nothing but inspire (and re-distribute cash - but after essentials, what's cash other than a scoreboard?). If you're really so intent on enforcing your version of "should," don't take chances with government. Go kidnap Pirate and lock him in your basement for a few years. Only then will the Justice Fairy reward you with 40 virgins.
farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:53:19 AM

It's a wonderful art, similar to virus infection and execution. It progresses rapidly, as do the AV coders and those susceptible to infection. Jailing the virus writers/distributors would be ineffective - and really, when a clever new way to distribute a virus is found, I'm not thinking "gosh, we better take this guy's computer privileges away," I'm thinking "wow, that's really clever. How else could this be applied?" It inspires new ideas to protect against malware experts as much as it inspires more malware writers to think outside the box. From this chaotic back-and-forth, we're able to apply new ways of thinking to other areas of our lives, and ultimately are all better for it.

We can't grow in knowledge without chaos ("inspiration from necessity"). The back-and-forth between lenders/depositors and scammers will do nothing but inspire (and re-distribute cash - but after essentials, what's cash other than a scoreboard?). If you're really so intent on enforcing your version of "should," don't take chances with government. Go kidnap Pirate and lock him in your basement for a few years. Only then will the Justice Fairy reward you with 40 virgins.

After this I'm sure you are one of a kind.

The reasoning again is completely logical. One from the outside might see it this way. But  from a victims point of view ( which you are) it is ..is... no words Smiley

Martin Armstrong
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: